PDA

View Full Version : Camp Shower

racytraines
03-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Hey guys...

I was wondering if it's actually worth it to bring a camp shower or if the showers provided are doable. We were thinking of bringing our own, but not sure how the water for it works...do we have to bring water or are there places to fill up buckets? Sorry first timer.

I think I'd rather chance the showers there (or pay for VIP). What's your opinions?

Thanks!!

whatkilesaid
03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
I took a solar camp shower last year and never used it. Just head to the showers as soon as you wake up because the lines only get longer.

billtino
03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
you would have to bring your own water & good luck finding a faucet accessible to the public. if you do find one (after bribing a food vendor) you have to haul that water back to your tent....
I buy a bag of ice every morning (to chill the beers) and the next morning all that melted ice in the ice chest becomes my ice cold shower water. Enough to shampoo the hair, shave, brush teeth ect...in front of the car. Also showering at the provided showers at night is best. Not as crowded as the morning.

NoTanGoNomBre
03-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Agreed. The lines at shower trailers can be hell depending on the time of day. However, if you plan accordingly, they're a lot better than the hassles of a personal camp shower. This is my seventh year camping and I've never considered setting up one. Besides, you'll undoubtedly end up in a conversation with a random person from god knows where while waiting to soap up. I do recommend flip-flops or shower shoes of some sort.

geonotgio
03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Camp showers suck in my opinion because the water trickles out. There's no pressure.

frizzlefry
03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
I've found a public and I guess unguarded faucet the last two years somewhat near tent camping but that can very easily be used for another vendor or simply gated off this year

Goatchella
03-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I'll be strapping a 2x4 to my roof rack, zip tying a tarp to it and my canopy creating a full shower curtain.
55 gallon drum of water with a lid and lock, 360gph pump with a hose and shower head connected to the 2x4.
A light dimmer mounted above water source to controll water flow. Dr Bronners peppermint soap. Done

Who knows where the VIP showers will be from where my camp is or how long the line will be.
I'll be clean and drinking beer before you can figure out which way the showers are.

myvelouria94
03-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Standing in line is a pain in the ass in the Coachella sun... + being hungover. These things are seriously amazing and feel like a shower after using them, and smell awesome. Just used them at Ultra in Miami, were perfect.

Action Wipes (http://actionwipes.com/)

They are also doing a promo, free shipping and discount when you use promo code 'coachella' at check out.

LolaMay
03-28-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm bringing my lazy camp shower system to avoid frying to a crisp in long lines: Large plastic bin to stand in, gallon jug of water to pour over me, hand towels to dry off and soak water out of the tub (I don't want to pour water on the ground in such tight quarters). The towels and washcloths dry really fast when hung up. I devised this system after a miserable filthy Burning Man. Solar showers don't have enough pressure for me. Bonus is that I can just let the water evaporate off of me before getting dressed for extra cooling power.

dcbell05
03-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Wipes in the morning, shower mid-afternoon. If you can find a time, which I always can cause I need a break mid way, the shower lines are pretty short mid-afternoon. I never waited more than 10 minutes. And it's very refreshing.

Gribbz
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm bringing my lazy camp shower system to avoid frying to a crisp in long lines

There really weren't any lines last year. I waited maybe 5 minutes.

2010 was a nightmare though.

LolaMay
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM

If that's the case, I will probably use the camp showers, but I'm an over-preparer hehe.

Gribbz
03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
If that's the case, I will probably use the camp showers, but I'm an over-preparer hehe.

Yeah, better safe than sorry. But yeah, GV fixed most of the problems that plagued 2010.

mekanism
03-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I will still bring my solar shower just in case but I doubt it will get used. The shower setups last year were great and the longest line I waited in was only 10 minutes. I think the best time to shower is at night after the music stops. No line at all at 2am and you get to go to sleep SILKY SMOOTH!!

lilee
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
not sure why everyone suggests waking up super early to avoid the lines. sleep in, go sweat all day as you will inevitably will, come back early evening to shower slash get freshened up before all the night shows. there was no line last year when I did this, and it helped to wake me up after a long day in the sun.

nyarlathotoats
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I think the best time to shower is at night after the music stops. No line at all at 2am and you get to go to sleep SILKY SMOOTH!!

I hope the showers are open this late.

DirtyPistol
03-28-2012, 11:35 AM

That was my experience. Went around 10am every morning and didn't wait longer than 10-15 min for a pretty decent shower. Bringing all that extra stuff just to shower at your own campsite sounds like giant pain in the arse to me, but if you're into the whole self contained thing more power to ya.

mekanism
03-28-2012, 01:18 PM
I hope the showers are open this late.

Maybe it wasnt 2am, I dont remember exactly when they shut them down. I went right after Chemical Bros last year and there was no line. If they set it up like last year you wont have to wait more than 10 minutes at any given time unless you are a girl. My wife waited 30 minutes last year in the late morning.

jefferie
03-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I showered twice daily last year and never waited more than 15 minutes, guys line seemed to move fast though. They closed the shower sometime after noon and reopened them at 5 pm last year in lot 8.

LetThereBeLight
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
There is a big difference in wait time between the guys and girls line. My boyfriend and his brother waited around 15 minutes and I waited like 45....

joobear
03-30-2012, 01:52 AM
back in 2010 i waited fucking 2 hrs for a shower and ended up using the mens showers.

im bringing my camp shower just in case. but if things look good then why bother with it.