PDA

View Full Version : is the car camping pass good for both weekends?

jason_h537
03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
If i decide to swap my weekend 1 bracelet with a friend who is going weekend 2, could I still use the same car camping pass?

SeantheJeweler
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah it works for both weekends, you can show up whenever you want and just cruise on into the campground and park anywhere you like.

waltermakesmusic
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Not at all. The car camping pass is registered to the wristband it was bought with. If you switch Wristbands you wont be able to use the pass.

jason_h537
03-24-2012, 03:00 PM
What? basically all i am asking is if I find someone to swap weekends with, would I need to swap the car camping pass as well

LetThereBeLight
03-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes, if they have one. The camping pass is for one weekend only, and you can ONLY use it with the wristband you purchased it with.

I feel like a lot of people are going to show up to the campgrounds and wonder why their camping pass won't work.

jason_h537
03-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks LetThereBeLight. I feel like most come here just to mess with people. Just wanted a straightforward answer. Appreciate it

DaytonaDave
03-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah -- if the car camping passes are really tied to the wristband, like they say, then there will be long lines of people VERY unhappy

eMpTyFox
03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't have sympathy for people that don't bother to read very explicit rules which have been posted over, and over, and over again since last fucking June. No offence to the OP because what I'm bitching about doesn't entirely apply to him, but seriously it's not as if it's unclear.

jason_h537
03-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Not asking for sympathy or pity. I am just trying to ensure that my weekend goes well. And since I need to exchange my weekend 1 tickets for weekend 2, I wanna make sure I don't get screwed over.

eMpTyFox
03-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I wasn't referring to you when I was talking about sympathy. I'm referring to the masses that DaytonaDave is predicting will show up with camping passes that weren't purchased with the wristbands they're wearing, effectively making them useless.

You will swap your wristbands and camping passes and be fine.

DaytonaDave
03-24-2012, 03:54 PM
I saw the lines last year at the Customer Service booth. It was amazing to me how many people just show up and expect to be let in (without tickets). My band was defective and would not scan, so I got to see lots of drama while it was being replaced. Not pretty.

aphrael
03-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't have sympathy for people that don't bother to read very explicit rules which have been posted over, and over, and over again since last fucking June. No offence to the OP because what I'm bitching about doesn't entirely apply to him, but seriously it's not as if it's unclear.

whether you have sympathy for them or not, if there are enough of them, they're going to make the checkin at car camping process profoundly unpleasant and annoying for everyone.

i mean, what happens when you're stuck in the checkin line behind someone with an invalid pass (for whatever reason) who can't easily be moved out, and you're waiting for their problem to get cleared?

heyeric
03-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks LetThereBeLight. I feel like most come here just to mess with people. Just wanted a straightforward answer. Appreciate it

Well, ask a straight forward question to begin with.

If i decide to swap my weekend 1 bracelet with a friend who is going weekend 2, could I still use the same car camping pass?

No, you can't use a weekend 2 bracelet with a weekend 1 pass.

eMpTyFox
03-24-2012, 06:04 PM
whether you have sympathy for them or not, if there are enough of them, they're going to make the checkin at car camping process profoundly unpleasant and annoying for everyone.

i mean, what happens when you're stuck in the checkin line behind someone with an invalid pass (for whatever reason) who can't easily be moved out, and you're waiting for their problem to get cleared?

Ya, I hear what you're saying but at that point I'll just be pissed off at the assholes that choose not to follow instructions, or are too stupid to read them in the first place. In the end GV and FGT have made it very clear what the rules are, so if and when it does become a clusterfuck it won't be their fault.

LetThereBeLight
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
No problem. I know how it can be, don't let it bother you. There are a lot of really great people on here too.

Ya, I hear what you're saying but at that point I'll just be pissed off at the assholes that choose not to follow instructions, or are too stupid to read them in the first place. In the end GV and FGT have made it very clear what the rules are, so if and when it does become a clusterfuck it won't be their fault.

I'm with you. It baffles me how often people screw themselves by just not reading instructions provided for them.

DaytonaDave
03-26-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm with you. It baffles me how often people screw themselves by just not reading instructions provided for them.

RTFM FTW!

heart cooks brain
03-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Well, ask a straight forward question to begin with.

although redundant, the question was pretty straight-forward, i thought.

JCmpls
03-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah it works for both weekends, you can show up whenever you want and just cruise on into the campground and park anywhere you like.

Brilliant!