PDA

View Full Version : Am I Out Some Serious Cabbage If I No Longer Want to Camp?

GhostofRonnieJamesDio
03-21-2012, 06:45 PM
This is my first time commenting on these boards, and searched a few pages back for an answer to this question, but couldn't find one.

I bought a Car Camping Pass for weekend 1, but last week got invited to stay for free at a friend's place nearby. The passes seem to be non-transferable, so did I just throw nearly $100 into a pit, never to be seen again? Is there a way to trade wristbands or something once you've arrived at the festival? Seems kinda jerky that not only are the passes non-transferable but nonrefundable.

Blech.

fudgumslover
03-21-2012, 06:56 PM
http://dailyfitnessmagz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Cabbage-Health-Benefit.jpg

kreutz2112
03-21-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm in the opposite situation. We were going to stay in a condo weekend 2, but that has fallen through. Now I am stuck trying to find someone who has a camping pass with no car or trying to trade wristbands with someone who doesn't want their pass anymore. I'm trying to think of a better way to beat the scalpels, but I can't. It sucks, but it's the way it is.

GhostofRonnieJamesDio
03-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Ugh, that sounds unpleasant too! And everything is so up-in-the-air with things like trading wristbands, but at least it's an option. I expect to lose a little cash here and there when it comes to big festivals, but not being able to get nearly $100 back for a service I won't be using is kinda criminal. So it goes.

arandomshape
03-21-2012, 07:09 PM
My advice to you would be to find someone who needs a camping pass and trade wristbands and 85 bucks with them so the pass is usable.

GhostofRonnieJamesDio
03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks! Do you think there's a chance of getting screwed if the other person registers their wristband before trading with me, or would that be pretty safe?

Mike Litoris
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm in the opposite situation. We were going to stay in a condo weekend 2, but that has fallen through. Now I am stuck trying to find someone who has a camping pass with no car or trying to trade wristbands with someone who doesn't want their pass anymore. I'm trying to think of a better way to beat the scalpels, but I can't. It sucks, but it's the way it is.

Those damn scalpels, they're always one step ahead.

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/25338/mains/000-3d-model-01.jpg

arandomshape
03-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks! Do you think there's a chance of getting screwed if the other person registers their wristband before trading with me, or would that be pretty safe?

I don't think you'll be screwed but you wont be able to register in your name.

GhostofRonnieJamesDio
03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Ok, thanks again! I'm a Luddite without a smartphone so I don't care too much about registering.