PDA

View Full Version : BBQ at Coachella

fatbastard
03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Why can't Coachella have a BBQ contest like Stagecoach? I don't really care who wins or looses just as long as we get some good tasting BBQ on site.

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2007, 03:57 PM
werd
do they let u bring a bbq into the camping?

invisiblerobots
03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
* Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping, but unfortunately there will be NO open fires, gas, charcoal, propane or any other cooking devices allowed. (http://coachella.com/visitors/onsite-camping)

Boourns
03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
God, I know. It's a shame hipsters are commie traitors and only eat Americanized pseudo-ethnic food, or worse: vegan garbage that tastes like armpit.

But there should be at least one BBQ vendor. One had a great tri-tip sandwich last year.

SFChrissy
03-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I would luvvv some BBQ!!!

smilingdownward
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
they had a bbq chicken sand in 05 (didnt attend last year) i think they were doing beef too. big wood grill, at least i think it was wood. i dont know it was dark. and it was pretty good. not too pricy. i assume it would be there every year? maybe

menikmati
03-22-2007, 06:53 PM
out of coachella and stagecoach people, the most likely to throw a fit about wanting to have a bbq and such is the stagecoach people...I think answers are pretty obvious to these questions

hangthedj112
03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
God, I know. It's a shame hipsters are commie traitors and only eat Americanized pseudo-ethnic food, or worse: vegan garbage that tastes like armpit.

But there should be at least one BBQ vendor. One had a great tri-tip sandwich last year.

At least my armpit foods won't leaved my arteries clogged by the time I'm 40. :lool

suprefan
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
out of coachella and stagecoach people, the most likely to throw a fit about wanting to have a bbq and such is the stagecoach people...I think answers are pretty obvious to these questions

True, but still. Come on Willie Nelson AND Nickel Creek are playing Coach so why cant they bring the BBQ along?

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-23-2007, 01:33 AM
I was wondering about Parking lot BBQs. The campgrounds don't allow any cooking fuels or fires or stoves but would having a compact charcoal grill for cooking up some kielbasa after the show in the parking lot be a punishable offense? What if I'm an Eagle Scout and well trained in the areas of first aid, music, emergency prepardness, life saving, fire safety, and cooking?

All That I Am
03-23-2007, 05:18 AM
That's a good question that was asked by From the Colon.

Razimus
03-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Well I'm probably gonna protest by not eating, it'll lose my spot at the stage anyway...

Boourns
03-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Okay kids, who has the best BBQ in LA?

Courtney
03-23-2007, 06:51 AM
I was wondering about Parking lot BBQs. The campgrounds don't allow any cooking fuels or fires or stoves but would having a compact charcoal grill for cooking up some kielbasa after the show in the parking lot be a punishable offense? What if I'm an Eagle Scout and well trained in the areas of first aid, music, emergency prepardness, life saving, fire safety, and cooking?

I love this post.

Okay kids, who has the best BBQ in LA?

Phillips Bar-B-Que, on Crenshaw. Just don't go there for the ambiance.

fatbastard
03-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Phillips Bar-B-Que, on Crenshaw. Just don't go there for the ambiance.

Phillips in indeed the place. I enjoy their spicy sauce.

fatbastard
03-23-2007, 07:06 AM
For clarification, I was suggesting that Coachella have a few BBQ vendors who will be competing at Stagecoach. They get the practice in and we get the good grub. There is always one vendor each year that has great food. It just seemed like a good opportunity for Coachella fans to reap the rewards of having someone who is already traveling to Indio to cook. Who knows, we may land up with just that.

Please...oh Coachella Lord...bring us the smoky, eye burning, aromatic smell of BBQ! Please keep these vendors away from the vegetarians so that their feelings are not hurt. Amen.

Alchemy
03-23-2007, 07:06 AM
At least my armpit foods won't leaved my arteries clogged by the time I'm 40. :lool

I'd rather live to 60 having sampled all of the wild kingdom of animals, then make it to 120 living off of moldings of foods and plants.

jimmycrackcorn
03-23-2007, 07:14 AM
the port-o-potties are gonna be one helluvamess after the BBQ cook off

becomingcloser
03-23-2007, 08:20 AM
wtf bbq?

Layback
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey I will be doing BBQ at Coachella fest and at stagecoach. So come on by for a great Tri Tip sandwich. American food court.

Courtney
04-02-2007, 01:08 PM
American food court.

Eh?

Boourns
04-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Mmm...tri tip sandwich.

TomAz
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey I will be doing BBQ at Coachella fest and at stagecoach. So come on by for a great Tri Tip sandwich. American food court.

Eh?

yeah. does this mean there will be un-American food courts?

smokealotapotamus
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
wtf bbq?

this gave me a pretty good chuckle.

psychic friend
04-02-2007, 08:29 PM
will they have vegetarian bbq at the american food court?

Boourns
04-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Vegetarian bbq? Mmm...smoked blob of tofu.

Senor Cardgage
04-02-2007, 09:01 PM

Hey fudge you man!
Ive tasted some armpits that are way scrumptious compared to vegan crapness.

instinct
04-02-2007, 11:58 PM
WORST MEAL EVER AT COACHELLA STORY -

So, I was hungry and decided to get a BBQ Chicken Sand which for $10 at some BBQ place at Coachella.. The guy took out a boiled chicked breast and dipped it in room temp. bbq sauce.. It wasn't good at all :(

Boourns
04-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Oh man, not cool.

Follow your nose. If you don't smell smoke, don't eat it!

fatbastard
04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I really hope there is BBQ this year (good BBQ).

TomAz
04-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh man, not cool.

Follow your nose. If you don't smell smoke, don't eat it!

this may be the first thing Boourns has ever said that I agreed with.

Boourns
04-24-2007, 04:18 AM
So judging by the map, there's going to be a lot of American food. And perhaps that means a few BBQ stands! I'd totally overpay for some good ribs.

Caitlin
04-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm not a big BBQ fan, unless we're talking BBQ rack of lamb.

omg wtf bbq
04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
OMG WTF BBQ!!!!

p.s. i will be there.

fatbastard
04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
4 of the teams are from Indio so it looks more than likely

Stagecoach Music Festival is hosting our First Annual BBQ Competition in which teams coming in from all over the west will compete for $10,000 in cash and awards. Judges, trained in the art of BBQ will decide the winner. This competition is sanctioned by the International Barbecue Cookers Association (IBCA) and the California BBQ Association.

Competing teams include:
Road Kill Griddle BBQ Team – Palm Desert, CA
Tack Room Tavern BBQ Team – Indio, CA
BBQ Bullies – Phoenix, AZ
Heartland BBQ – Avondale, AZ
Papa’s Smokehouse – Morongo Valley, CA
Arizona Critter Cookers – Mesa, AZ
Blake’s BBQ – Mesa, AZ
Kyle’s Bubba Q – Indio, CA
Big John’s Texas BBQ – Flagstaff, AZ
J&L Smokin’ Barb-A-Q – Thermal, CA
AZBarbecue – Scottsdale, AZ
Bubba Q – Indio, CA

RUKK1
04-24-2007, 03:26 PM
HI FOLKS MY NAME IS RUKK I WORK AT AN ORGANIC STORE /DELI ABOUT 5 MILES AWAY FROM THE FESTIVAL. FEEL FREE TO STOP BY AND GET HEALTHY FOOD AND SUPPLIES FOR THE FESTIVAL. HERE IS A LINK AND FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
http://www.tlc4mindandbody.com/

phoenixsky
04-24-2007, 03:50 PM
OMG WTF BBQ!!!!

p.s. i will be there.

I'm only down for this if you're facilitating. I don't trust it any other way.

fatbastard
04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
HI FOLKS MY NAME IS RUKK I WORK AT AN ORGANIC STORE /DELI ABOUT 5 MILES AWAY FROM THE FESTIVAL. FEEL FREE TO STOP BY AND GET HEALTHY FOOD AND SUPPLIES FOR THE FESTIVAL. HERE IS A LINK AND FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
http://www.tlc4mindandbody.com/

:spam