PDA

View Full Version : Justice

Mabdul Doobakus
03-22-2007, 08:04 AM
OK, I'm going to see Justice tomorrow, and I was perusing their MySpace page, and I couldn't help but notice that they're really rocking the Christian symbolism.

Is this supposed to be ironic? Or are Justice shows like a big religious revival in honor of Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ?

I guess what I'm asking is how out of place is a Jewish dude meant to feel at a Justice show? I don't know if I can just kinda let loose at a show when everyone around me is making crosses with their fingers.

Courtney
03-22-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't know if I can just kinda let loose at a show when everyone around me is making crosses with their fingers.

Ahahahaha. I don't know the answer to your question, but that would be awesome.

Tylerdurden31
03-22-2007, 08:13 AM
OK, I'm going to see Justice tomorrow, and I was perusing their MySpace page, and I couldn't help but notice that they're really rocking the Christian symbolism.

Is this supposed to be ironic? Or are Justice shows like a big religious revival in honor of Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ?

I guess what I'm asking is how out of place is a Jewish dude meant to feel at a Justice show? I don't know if I can just kinda let loose at a show when everyone around me is making crosses with their fingers.

if you find out...lemme know...i was thinking of seeing them next week...fellow jew

Courtney
03-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Omg, you're not even kidding.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/xavierdeerosnay/Image20-1.png

And I'm thinking it's not ironic (http://www.dummymag.com/10_01.html)?

Tylerdurden31
03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
aw maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...that's disappointing for some reason

Mabdul Doobakus
03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I mean I'm sure people aren't just standing around making crosses the whole time. They were probably like "everyone make a cross sign" so we can take some pictures of you. Still, I'd feel better if before they ripped into "We Are Your Friends" they announced "this one goes out to all the Jews in the audience".

On the plus side, I will feel very safe from vampires.

summerkid
03-22-2007, 08:44 AM
i dont think the other people are like hxc jesus freaks i think they are just like woooo justice *makes cross sign for justice*, but yeah justice are christians.

Mabdul Doobakus
03-22-2007, 08:45 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/xavierdeerosnay/Image23-1.png

ToddThaGod
03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
that is so fucking creepy dude..

the skinhead in the middle looks like the devil

summerkid
03-22-2007, 09:48 AM
that is so fucking creepy dude..

the skinhead in the middle looks like the devil

wow...he really does...he looks like the devil in that snuff film they made about Jesus what's it called? Oh yeah passion of the christ that's the one.

sddoctor
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Its just image...there's nothing overtly "christian" besides the lighted cross they use on tour. They don't preach christianity its just dance music. damn good dance music. If anything they promote smoking a bunch of cigarettes while dj'ing.

shotglass75
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
they are going to be cutting it pretty close playing Friday night in Chicago. You figure they'll play til 2 or 3 or so and then have to catch a flight to LA and then get to Indio for the show. And as far as I can tell by the poster, it looks like they have a pretty early time slot.

sddoctor
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
position on poster does not necessarily predict time slot

Daft Fro
03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I predict we shall see Justice before MSTRKRFT, then followed by either LCD, then to Tiesto, or just straight to Tiesto in the Sahara tent~

Tylerdurden31
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
I predict we shall see Justice before MSTRKRFT, then followed by either LCD, then to Tiesto, or just straight to Tiesto in the Sahara tent~

Tiesto is playing on the Main Stage

menikmati
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
and LCD is not playing the sahara

Tylerdurden31
03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
and LCD is not playing the sahara

I think this one is debatable. I know they didn't do sahara in 04, but I feel like they'd be a shit load of fun in there.

Courtney
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/xavierdeerosnay/Image20-1.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/xavierdeerosnay/Image23-1.png

There are so many funny things going on if you actually look at these pictures. In the first photo, the blonde girl in the lower left is sticking out her tongue really weirdly. The guy immediately behind her looks really fucking pissed off. And the girl in the lower right corner -- is she adjusting a choker necklace? What is she holding?

In the second photo, the guy in the front row middle in the navy t-shirt pointing his index finger is insane. And then there's the devil guy behind him as noted. But then what's up with the guy standing to the left of the with both arms outstretched in a sort of "embrace the lord" gesture? And why are there almost no girls in the second picture?

menikmati
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
LCD was in the Gobi last time

codytwo
03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
They're a bigger draw now, though. But I guess not any bigger than Gnarls was last year.

menikmati
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
yeah but I don't see how just because they're a bigger draw, that'd place em in the sahara tent, which is normally given DJ's and the large dance acts. I mean DJ Heather is not a big draw, but she's in the sahara...of course she's a DJ...I guess my point (opinion) is that the Sahara is kinda exempt to the whole "bigger band/bigger draw now" argument...either you're a sahara act or you're not. I don't see LCD or Girl Talk playing the sahara...they may though, but I'd rather see those slots given to some other DJs instead.

blakely
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
And why are there almost no girls in the second picture?

cause jesus was gay.....

http://www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/discography/images/g7006_150.jpg

Tylerdurden31
03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
If LCD doesn't do sahara...I'm hoping for Outdoor Stage

Courtney
03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
cause jesus was gay.....

Well that solves the whole Mary Magdalen question.

BoneDaddy
03-22-2007, 11:48 AM
It looks like the girl adjusting her necklace is trying to show her cross.

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
It looks like the girl adjusting her necklace is trying to show her cross.

whatta eye

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
that is kinda creepy....i wonder if that joel osteen will be with them?

breakjaw
03-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Was I the only one looking for Mel Gibson in the photos?

jayce
03-22-2007, 07:15 PM
this sunday in vancouver
i can't wait!

Mabdul Doobakus
03-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Yo.

So, the Jesus thing wasn't a big deal. Half the crowd was probably Jewish anyway, this being South Florida. When they first came on, everyone made the cross with the fingers (including me) and then that was pretty much that.

On an unrelated note, Digitalism played a live set before Justice, and it was easily the loudest thing I've ever heard. Painfully loud. We all had to go running for earplugs. Just a word of warning, I guess. If you see Digitalism, bring earplugs.

KiwiCoachella
03-24-2007, 10:11 AM
There are so many funny things going on if you actually look at these pictures. In the first photo, the blonde girl in the lower left is sticking out her tongue really weirdly. The guy immediately behind her looks really fucking pissed off. And the girl in the lower right corner -- is she adjusting a choker necklace? What is she holding?

In the second photo, the guy in the front row middle in the navy t-shirt pointing his index finger is insane. And then there's the devil guy behind him as noted. But then what's up with the guy standing to the left of the with both arms outstretched in a sort of "embrace the lord" gesture? And why are there almost no girls in the second picture?

LMAO at the embrace the lord guy.

Also in the first photo (for you cricket afficianados), the girl in yellow in the bottom left corner appears as if she's a deranged umpire awarding an LBW appeal.

Courtney
03-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Also in the first photo (for you cricket afficianados), the girl in yellow in the bottom left corner appears as if she's a deranged umpire awarding an LBW appeal.

Or a bumblebee...

And thanks for the update, Mabdul Doobakus. Sounds like a fun time.

paulb
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Justice tomorrow! Im off to get an extra ticket right now from some guy... This should be a good show.

superfiction
03-24-2007, 01:37 PM
im a jew and i LOVE justice. so there you have it

paulb
03-24-2007, 02:22 PM
im a jew and i LOVE justice. so there you have it

if you love justice so much, why did you kill Jesus? He did nothing, but good.

Maybe you and Dane Cook should hook up, give each other hand jobs, and blow your justicey loads.

jayce
03-25-2007, 07:02 AM
TONIGHT