PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Pool to Swim In! :)

troubleINwonderland
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM
So I'm a bitch when it comes to heat. I know I'll be arriving for Car Camping Thursday Weekend 2 in the AM. After setting up everything...i'm really scared that I'm going to melt..hahahaha. I'm a noob so not sure what kind of heat to expect. Thinking it might be like day time in Vegas..which to me, is fucking hot....

Now my answer to this problem is finding a pool thursday afternoon....

Where can i find a pool?!!? Is there anyone that's staying at a nearby hotel that would be kind enough to let me in? :)

Any suggestions for beating the heat?

insbordnat
03-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Any suggestions for beating the heat?

I'm seriously concerned for your health because if you won't be able to handle Thursday afternoon, there's no telling how shit is going to go down Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't know for sure but I don't think anyone will have pools dug in the polo fields those days. And I also heard from a pretty reliable source the Do Lab won't have water guns this year due to their theme being "Imagine a Dry Planet", which is their way of supporting the efforts to save Mono Lake, Salton Sea, and California's other finite water resources. So without those cooling options, you're pretty much going to be forced to have friends throw Freshers on you to keep your temps low. Which can get pretty expensive, but maybe you are rich? Who knows. Oh, and bees have been known to swarm in random places, so you may not want to be doused with a sticky sweet substance. And don't be fooled about seeking shelter in the tents, it's like a fucking sauna in there. Somewhat counterintuitive, right?

Iamwelting
03-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Bring a spray bottle. They'll let you bring it in to the fest grounds if it's empty. Saved me countless times last year. Also everyone will want you to spray them!

withlovekla
03-14-2012, 06:28 AM
And I also heard from a pretty reliable source the Do Lab won't have water guns this year due to their theme being "Imagine a Dry Planet", which is their way of supporting the efforts to save Mono Lake, Salton Sea, and California's other finite water resources.

That is a very interesting way to get people involved and really angry. I hope this is true!

As far as beating the heat. If you can't find a pool at a hotel (but even if you can) you should really bring some type of shade structure for your campsite. Also to avoid leaving the campsite to go crash the pool at some surrounding hotel, you could make a mist system for your camp site. There's a whole thread about this here:
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?46398-Official-Mist-Thread&highlight=mist+thread

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Expect high 90's to low 100's:-( It gets damn hot, especially if you are coming from anywhere north in April when it is still snowing some places! The spray bottle really does help at least a little. If you can manage a mister for your shade canopy you will be lots more comfortable in the campground. It is pretty easy, only costs about $25.00 to make and it really helps. Look for the mister thread here. Stay hydrated!!! Water, water and more water. Inside the festival take advantage of the tents that have aircon...we utilized them for the first time last year and it is nice to cool down on a very hot afternoon on the polo fields. I am old and weigh more than I should..if I can manage it you probably can too:-)

billtino
03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
And I also heard from a pretty reliable source the Do Lab won't have water guns this year due to their theme being "Imagine a Dry Planet", which is their way of supporting the efforts to save Mono Lake, Salton Sea, and California's other finite water resources.

http://youtu.be/YwK4XQk1wt8

Neighborhood Creep
03-14-2012, 09:37 AM
They aren't getting rid of the water, the crowd would be half the size if they did.

troubleINwonderland
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm seriously concerned for your health because if you won't be able to handle Thursday afternoon, there's no telling how shit is going to go down Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't know for sure but I don't think anyone will have pools dug in the polo fields those days. And I also heard from a pretty reliable source the Do Lab won't have water guns this year due to their theme being "Imagine a Dry Planet", which is their way of supporting the efforts to save Mono Lake, Salton Sea, and California's other finite water resources. So without those cooling options, you're pretty much going to be forced to have friends throw Freshers on you to keep your temps low. Which can get pretty expensive, but maybe you are rich? Who knows. Oh, and bees have been known to swarm in random places, so you may not want to be doused with a sticky sweet substance. And don't be fooled about seeking shelter in the tents, it's like a fucking sauna in there. Somewhat counterintuitive, right?

It's not the Friday - Sunday I'm worried about. I think I'll be fine chillin out in the heineken dome if i need to cool down...i also have a shade structure ready to go for camp....it's just Thursday i'm worried about after I set up...there's no tent to cool off in...i guess i could hop the shuttle n hang out in the super market al bundy style... my goal is to break into a hotel and SWIM! :)

dcbell05
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
It's not the Friday - Sunday I'm worried about. I think I'll be fine chillin out in the heineken dome if i need to cool down...i also have a shade structure ready to go for camp....it's just Thursday i'm worried about after I set up...there's no tent to cool off in...i guess i could hop the shuttle n hang out in the super market al bundy style... my goal is to break into a hotel and SWIM! :)

We had a friend with a Condo last year and it was so NOT worth it to go swimming because you got hot and sweaty as f*ck just walking to meet them at an area they can pick you up at. If you have a shuttle pass, might be worth it. Depends on how much you have to go through to get to the pool.

sk8r408
03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
There is a pool at Lake Cahuilla that is open to the public, for $2. It is only open weekends though, but it is nice for Saturday/Sunday morning.