PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers singer felled with pneumonia

Bosco
03-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis has been felled by a case of bronchial pneumonia, according to NME. The singer's doctor has ordered him not to fly for 10 days, forcing the band to cancel two Japanese stadium shows in Osaka and Tokyo on March 22nd and 23rd. The band plans to reschedule the dates as part of a larger world tour likely to take place this fall. A message at the official Chili Peppers web site offered the band's "deepest apologies" to Japanese fans.

The Chili Peppers' next U.S. show will be at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 28th in Indio, California.

The band has invited fans to create a video for the band's next single, "Charlie," as part of a new contest. The winner will receive $5,000 in cash and a trip to Paris to see the band perform on July 6th. Fans can enter the competition at warnerbrothers.com/rhcp.

The latest video from the Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium album, for the song "Hump De Bump," was directed by comedian Chris Rock, who also appears in the clip.

http://www.therockradio.com/2007/03/red-hot-chili-peppers-singer-felled.html

rage patton
03-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow... I know a lot of other people dont care.
And Im sure some hope they drop out, to get another headliner.
But I sure The Chili Peppers can make it!

Thier new single is Charlie though!?!?! Ugh! That is one of my least favorite songs on that entire album.

Boourns
03-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Pneumonia is pretty serious shit but he should be okay a month from now.

jimmycrackcorn
03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
they'll make it...
think positive

Bosco
03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Pneumonia is pretty serious shit but he should be okay a month from now.

cant we give him the wrong prescription or something?

suprefan
03-21-2007, 03:57 PM
He will make it. Thom Yorke had a nasty throat infection DAYS before and made it to the festival.

woogie846
03-21-2007, 04:26 PM
they'll make it...
think positive

That's negative talk.

fober
03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
RHCP has a lead singer? wtf?

Also, Zach Against the Machine Abdul Jabbar performed in '99 with laryngitis.

brycerosen
03-21-2007, 06:37 PM
anthony will pull theough. . . . . . . . . . . . he must.

boyalien0
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Chris Rock goes from directing a shitty movie to directing a music video for a shitty band. Now that's what I call progress. Anyway, couldn't the title of this thread simply have read "Anthony Kiedis felled with pneumonia"? Are we not pop-culture savvy around these parts? Specifically when it comes to music, and even more specifically when it comes to bands whose popularity and/or quality reached its zenith sometime during the 90s?

ediger
03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
quite seriously, if you don't dig a band, what's even the point of reading a thread about them?

ediger
03-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Chris Rock goes from directing a shitty movie to directing a music video for a shitty band. Now that's what I call progress. Anyway, couldn't the title of this thread simply have read "Anthony Kiedis felled with pneumonia"? Are we not pop-culture savvy around these parts? Specifically when it comes to music, and even more specifically when it comes to bands whose popularity and/or quality reached its zenith sometime during the 90s?

congradulations, you've managed to regurgitate the same shite every other artsy douche on this board as already stated. Would you like a medal?

Trick Loves The Kids
03-22-2007, 09:07 AM
LOSE YOUR VOICE PERMANENTLY