PDA

View Full Version : Camping passes on Stubhub

guillepb
03-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Hi there,
I got in contact with Stubhub about the camping passes (which are sold independently there) being associated with the weekend pass they were bought with and this is what they had to say:

My question.

Hi,
I'm looking to buy Coachella weekend passes and a camping pass as well from Stubhub.
I keep reading on their official website and the Coachella forums that,
for the first time this year, the camping passes will only be valid if
used together with the weekend pass they were bought with.
I see on your website that you have the camping passes listed
independently. Are you aware of this possible issue? Is there any
guarantee that a camping pass bought from your website will be valid?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Guillermo

Their reply.

Dear Guillermo,

Thank you for contacting StubHub.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

We have verified with Coachella that the camping passes and festival
passes do not have to be purchased together. *Coachella is just trying
to prevent people from coming in to camp that are not interested in
paying or a festival pass.

I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. *Remember you are
covered by our StubHub Fan Protect Guarantee which states you will
receive valid tickets for you event in time to attend.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact
us at 866-788-2482 or email us back directly. *We are happy to help.

Thank you for using StubHub!

Sincerely,

Annette
StubHub Customer Service
Weekdays: 5:00AM -- 9:00PM (PST)
Weekends: 6:00AM -- 7:00PM (PST)
customerservice@stubhub.com
www.StubHub.com

They have "verified with Coachella"? How about that?...

billtino
03-08-2012, 11:29 PM
*Coachella is just trying
to prevent people from coming in to camp that are not interested in
paying or a festival pass.

Bullshit. You cannot enter the campsite without a GA festival wristband. You "prevent people from coming in to camp" by making it mandatory you are wearing a festival wristband to be allowed entry to the campsite. Annette is full of shit.

guillepb
03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Sooo, it seems camping passes are no longer listed on StubHub. So much for "we have verified with coachella", I guess.

amma_sol
03-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I called stubhub and talked to them about this after emailing them and had a similar response. I talked to a supervisor and they didn't know that the camping pass was connected to the wristband. There was no way of listing them together. They told me they were going to try and figure out a way to list them together but I never heard back from them. Also I emailed Coachella because we had 4 wristbands connected to one camping pass and one person is now going in a different car and will probably be arriving before the people with the camping pass. I asked them if that was going to be a problem with the camping pass and they said "its best to make sure whoever has the camping pass arrives first." So I don't really know what we are going to do, seeing as this might not happen.

stranger123
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
That's funny. I think they were still up this past week. I wonder how many people bought passes this way and had them shipped to them already.

CoachAlumni
03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
You can't even get within a mile of the venue without your wristband and this is enforced...they are full of shit.

Domeki
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
We are in the same situation. We all bought our tickets and camping pass together. Now one of our friends has to go in another car due to work. If she gets scanned in with their camping, what happens to us?

DirtyPistol
03-18-2012, 02:44 PM
You can't even get within a mile of the venue without your wristband and this is enforced...they are full of shit.

Wrong, or at least not for us when we got to Coachella on Friday at noon last year. I remember them saying there would be a mile perimeter checking wristbands and mine didn't get checked until we got into the campground. We also had an extra wristband for a friend who came later Friday night and he was able to walk right to the front gate without one.

wstsidela
03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Wrong, or at least not for us when we got to Coachella on Friday at noon last year. I remember them saying there would be a mile perimeter checking wristbands and mine didn't get checked until we got into the campground. We also had an extra wristband for a friend who came later Friday night and he was able to walk right to the front gate without one.

This is true. The wristbands were never checked until we got to security check-in. Our friend arrived several hours later and we gave him his wristband at the security line.

iamellyn
04-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Oy! Why does this need to be so difficult?! I'm letting friends of mine use our car companion pass because I don't need it anymore. Now I'm concerned that can't use it at all because it's attached to my wristband and not theirs. I'm somewhat wary of trading my wristband with theirs. It just makes me nervous.