PDA

View Full Version : Should I Try and Get TICKETS the day of the Festival?

Rarebreed
03-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Soo. I'm sure people are selling the day of the festival. I seen it every time I go. And I say to my self, "poor bastard why didn't you get your ticket before?" WEll now I'M that poor bastard. ha. Should I go anyway and try and buy a ticket for "face value"

That is the question.

I'm sure since Coachellas increasing popularity, I wouldn't be the only one looking for tickets. And thats when scalpers get nasty.

RedHotSgtPeppers
03-08-2012, 10:10 AM
You're an idiot.

Les Playcool
03-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I mean if you live really close go for it.

witham
03-08-2012, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvqG6nVOkik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCG8vkwfvn4&feature=related

Study up man.

iammrcandyman
03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
It certainly is possible. A friend of mine got a ticket the day-of last year for less than face value because the person she bought it from couldn't go due to an emergency. The question is if you're willing to take the gamble.

Rarebreed
03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
ahhh, Its a big gamble and a long way from home. (Fresno)

skavenbrew
03-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Do it. You can't win if you don't play. What else do you have planned for that long weekend?

jimmycrackcorn
03-15-2012, 01:55 PM
You gonna get raped financially

+ wind up with a bogus wristband...

SepaGroove
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Listen to Jimmy.

And people need to stop saying tickets. There aren't any fucking tickets.

loopy
03-15-2012, 07:42 PM
ahhh, Its a big gamble and a long way from home. (Fresno)

Never know, you might get lucky. Honest people may have the idea of selling them at the gate and then can't, catch them at the right time you could get a bargain. Or get completely fucked buying from a scalper. Expensive gamble, though.

Johnnycaker
03-16-2012, 01:17 AM
I gambled in 2010
AND LOST
Roscoes Chicken and Disneyland wasn't too bad...

BROKENDOLL
03-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Jimmy's a dick?

jimmycrackcorn
03-16-2012, 06:24 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Jimmy's a dick?

Because i answered his question? I think its a BAD move to drive all the way down here without a wristband and be at the mercy of scalpers and scam artists... If I'm a dick because of THAT

-SHRUGS-

heart cooks brain
03-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Listen to Jimmy.

semantics. there's no practical difference.

aphrael
03-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Listen to Jimmy.

"tickets" is what we're used to buying for concerts, sporting events, etc, so it seems like a reasonable use of the word to apply it to wristbands that are good for venue entrance, too.

I would also add that the first two definitions of 'ticket' at webster.com are:

a document that serves as a certificate, license, or permit; especially : a mariner's or airman's certificate

and

a means of access or passage <education is the ticket to a good job>

i think the wristband in use at the festival qualifies as both.

baily
03-16-2012, 08:35 AM
One thing you fail to see is that even if the wristband looks real doesn't mean it is....on the street you'll never see the guy again...and they know that.

The ONLY way to buy on the street is if you have 2 people and 1 person STAYS with the seller until you get in then call them on their cell to say all is good.

Your risk is high....also where are you going to stay...hotels are booked...

If you are rolling solo....go for it...but I'd say you are crazy and a lot more likely to get ripped off...

GuyInTucson
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I have an extra pass if you want it. I don't want money, but you have to eat a platter of horse shit that I collect from the campgrounds and let me put it on youtube. There will be legal documents to sign as well.

Bumblebee
03-16-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFdNAbMCLQ

There's one entrance without ticket scanner where they might let you in. 11:00 in this video from a group of people who've used the method successfully more than once.

ToddThaGod
03-16-2012, 09:11 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you? you got problems dude...

Rarebreed
04-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Why Does everyone think I'm a Dude!
I would stay with my cousin who lives in Coachella.

Rarebreed
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not going to go anyway. I would if my Love was going, but he's not. I won't leave him behind. There's always next year. EnJoy ATDI