PDA

View Full Version : Against me!!

DSN1138
03-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I saw against me last night at glass house at there were awesome. half of the audience got on stage during their encore it was pretty cool. I think they are great band for coachella this year.what does everyone else think about them being on the lineup and .. did anyone else go last night?

ghettojournalist
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
wanted to go see them san luis, but no money.
definitely want to go see them this year, seeing as i've been asking for them be added for the past couple years.

rage patton
03-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I saw them at Warped Tour last year and they were really good.
I do however prefer thier earlier acoustic stuff. They dont play that anymore. And If they do, they play it on electric guitar... and its just not the same.
That being said, I still will probably check them out again.

becomingcloser
03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
they're actually playing a little bar that i frequent in early april. Otto's in dekalb, il. i plan on seeing them there, but i don't know about catching their set at coachella.

EralisAwesome
03-21-2007, 01:51 PM
ive been a fan of theirs for a while. i saw them on their last tour at the glass house and was kind of upset, not with their performance, but with the crowd. back in the day it was more about singing along with the guy next to you instead of trying to beat the shit out of him. the band commented on the jerks however and things kind of settled. still, im hoping they play more of their earlier stuff. searching for a former clarity was disapointing. im really hoping for the best witht their new album.

ThunderInTheSky
03-21-2007, 01:54 PM
seen em 30 or so times, always energetic

Clear Channel Must Die
03-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I saw Against Me!! for the first time last week and thought they were really good. They started their set by playing 45 minutes straight. One thing there is too much of in music today is boy bands that play their own instruments and try to act like a punk band. Against Me!! is more like an old school punk band which I think is great.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I saw them about a year ago in Pomona. Pretty rad show then; I'm sure coachella will be rad too.

EralisAwesome
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
so i hope all of you posting here are the type to sing along rather than to fight. i slammed into this guy on accident durring walking is strill honest and we ended up just singing along together. it was pretty awesome, and i do,by default, love everyone at coachella.

thedudeowner
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I saw them on saint pattys at SXSW with Mastadon, Against Me was pretty good, but Mastadon kicked their ass!!!

superskankinactionhero
03-22-2007, 01:14 AM
against me! are fucking gods, the lyrics to their song reinventing axl rose always give me a little tingle

ApathyAndExhaustion
03-22-2007, 08:23 AM
I saw them last year and they were great.

I'm hoping they play a fair bit of Reinventing Axl Rose/As The Eternal Cowboy stuff though, cos I don't know the words to the newer songs. Though I'd imagine, what with a new album out soon, it'll be mostly Searching For A Former Clarity and new songs.

Ah well, I'm sure we'll get Pints Of Guinness and Sink Florida Sink, and it'll be fun either way.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Though I'd imagine, what with a new album out soon, it'll be mostly Searching For A Former Clarity and new songs.

I dunno, Against Me! got a lot of criticism from the newer albums and regardless of what anyone says they know which songs of theirs are the better ones and which ones the fans love most and I feel they're very passionate about putting on great shows for their audiences. I'm expecting Miami, From Her Lips to God's Ears, and/or Probems from Searching for a Former Clarity; maybe a 1 or 2 new songs, and the remaining 40 minutes will be off Axl Rose, as the Eternal Cowboy, and a dash of Don't Lose Touch.

I saw them on saint pattys at SXSW with Mastadon, Against Me was pretty good, but Mastadon kicked their ass!!!

I <3 Matodon.