PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Kony Booked The Sahara 2012

PotVsKtl
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.scenicreflections.com/files/sahara_poster_1024.jpg

rage patton
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
It always bothers me when movie posters can't put the actors name with the corresponding actor. Would it have been that hard to switch Steve Zahn and Penelope Cruz's names around?

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
ATTENTION!

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/05/16/114111610_480x360.jpg

New addition to the line-up: Striptease The Show!

Tubesock Shakur
03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
My Favorite Kony movie was the MIB2

http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/files/2011/06/Samuel_L_Jackson-1-Black_Snake_Moan1.jpg

cutterbutter
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
It always bothers me when movie posters can't put the actors name with the corresponding actor. Would it have been that hard to switch Steve Zahn and Penelope Cruz's names around?

It's because their billing agreements are made far before, and without consolation, the photographers and advertisement designers even get to working. Even if they did get to know the order of the names they would limitin themselves aesthetically to match them.

Here's an interesting one: Steve McQueen and Paul Newman both wanted first billing on The Towering Inferno. To reach an agreement McQueen was given "first" billing on the left but Newman was given "highest" billing. First time names were placed on different levels as so.

http://www.focalizenow.com/storage/poster.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=131594757008 5

Boourns
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM

Seriously.

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I recently watched a documentary about The Magnificent Seven, and it seems that Steve McQueen was a real son of a bitch about getting his name and face out there.

Tubesock Shakur
03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
omg reddit!

http://i.imgur.com/K3mgn.jpg

faxman75
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm so sick of black on black crime.

wXGgWf2lacM

Neighborhood Creep
03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/083/db8.jpg

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
The peak of Kony / LRA's dominance was in like 2002, they signed a "peace" agreement in 2003 and less kids have been kidnapped each year since then, about 75-80% less now. For how late the rest of the world is to this party I hope Kony starts kidnapping ignorant hipster cunts and beating them to death with juvenile femurs.

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Kony was cooler when he was underground.

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Kony was cooler when he was underground.

Seriously why do hipsters care about him now that he's popular?

faxman75
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
The peak of Kony / LRA's dominance was in like 2002, they signed a "peace" agreement in 2003 and less kids have been kidnapped each year since then, about 75-80% less now. For how late the rest of the world is to this party I hope Kony starts kidnapping ignorant hipster cunts and beating them to death with juvenile femurs.

Yeah we should all know every fucking problem in the world as soon as it happens otherwise fuck right off!

Also, where are you getting that it's just hipsters? lololol

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
He's a sleeper hit.

PotVsKtl
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
What in the fuck does this have to do with hipsters? Joseph Kony.

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah we should all know every fucking problem in the world as soon as it happens otherwise fuck right off!

10 years after the fact? I just found out about 9/11 we should go after Osama Bin Laden. People don't need to know immediately, Kony was at his worst in 2002 and the only reason white hipsters are filming there now is because the threat IS NOT AS BAD.

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Are you saying that Americans should have responded to a random African guerilla fighter in the same way they responded to 9/11?

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
No, I'm saying that we're responding to it while it's on the way out and it's hilarious it matters this much to dumb assholes with nothing to do but share "inspiring" YouTube videos on the Internet.

faxman75
03-07-2012, 03:59 PM
10 years after the fact? I just found out about 9/11 we should go after Osama Bin Laden. People don't need to know immediately, Kony was at his worst in 2002 and the only reason white hipsters are filming there now is because the threat IS NOT AS BAD.

They have been filming there since forever. Jesus, if you are going to rant against this at least know what is going on. They didn't just start filming this year. The charity wasn't just created this year and it's not a bunch of hipsters. You are terrible about now.

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
"since forever"

Go away.

faxman75
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
No, I'm saying that we're responding to it while it's on the way out and it's hilarious it matters this much to dumb assholes with nothing to do but share "inspiring" YouTube videos on the Internet.

What is on the way out? The guy is still free. lololol That's the whole fucking point of this. Capture the guy who is responsible for these atrocities. Or we shouldn't care because he's killing like much less these days? wtf?

PotVsKtl
03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Smiths reform, Joseph Kony to replace Johnny Marr, headline Big Day Out.

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
What is on the way out? The guy is still free. lololol That's the whole fucking point of this. Capture the guy who is responsible for these atrocities. Or we shouldn't care because he's killing like much less these days? wtf?

We shouldn't care because 69,000 kids are abducted in the United States of the 800,000 reported missing annually. Invisible Children is a bullshit organization that isn't very transparent about how they spend their funds. Kony's LRA signed a peace agreement in 2003 and has been killing and kidnapping less since then. Does it make the murders or kidnappings right? No, and I never implied that. I implied you're fucking stupid if you were suddenly moved by this video because you're too fucking lazy to understand your surroundings unless it's artfully presented to you on YouTube.

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Close to a fifth of the children in the United States live in poverty but at least we don't kidnap them for sex slavery or militias right? Yay!

Tubesock Shakur
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Occupy white guilt 2012.

Tubesock Shakur
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Close to a fifth of the children in the United States live in poverty but at least we don't kidnap them for sex slavery or militias right? Yay!

Speak for yourself.

juloxx
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Someone photoshop his face onto a coneheads poster

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
And unless I've misread something, Invisible Children started in 2003. Kony and the LRA signed the peace agreement that year and it definitely had nothing to do with this inspiring YouTube video being hyped in 2012.

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Didn't Obama announce he was going to send 100 combat-ready troops to Uganda to SPECIFICALLY help search for Kony in October? How did people not do their homework on Kony then. His army at liberal estimates is 3000 strong. This is why this topic, particularly in March of 2012, seems like a giant heap of bullshit.

Goatchella
03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I wish I was invisible.

Goatchella
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Didn't Obama announce he was going to send 100 combat-ready troops to Uganda to SPECIFICALLY help search for Kony in October? How did people not do their homework on Kony then. His army at liberal estimates is 3000 strong. This is why this topic, particularly in March of 2012, seems like a giant heap of bullshit.

This YouTube video is an Obama campaign gimmick

weeklymix
03-07-2012, 04:29 PM
It's not an Obama gimmick. It's surely a fucking gimmick of some sort, though.

Goatchella
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
No one cared to help but Obama and the children.

America cares.

Alchemy
03-07-2012, 07:08 PM
We shouldn't care because 69,000 kids are abducted in the United States of the 800,000 reported missing annually.

I'm not saying that Kony 2012 is running things right, but I hate when people say, "Why should we care about problem B, when there is this other problem, problem A, that is bigger?" There is, more than likely, Group A, Group B, and Group C supporting the fight against the abduction of American kids. Just because Group D is trying to do something else, something outside of our country, doesn't mean they should be obsolete. You should be upset that Group A, Group B, and Group C aren't doing a good enough job, if you find yourself upset that people are supporting things different from their cause.

I mean, I'm not going to be upset about the Humane Society and say, "How can they protect animals, when there are so many humans who need protecting!?"

weeklymix
03-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Kony's abducted the same amount of kids since 1987 as were abducted from America last year. I'm upset that isn't an issue to white people who pretend everything's gravy over here.

It's not about Group A, B, C or really the dopes who made this video. It's about retards waking up to something that happens every day on a much larger scale right in front of them (minus militias) and thinks now's the time to give a shit about a guy who's practically in exile. THAT is what sucks about all of this. The fact the organization is shitty is really just a nice bonus on top of this bullshit, never mind the fact that the Ugandan Government doesn't have a clean human rights record itself.

As for your Humane Society bit, I wasn't comparing species. If we were to use that logic, it would be more appropriate to say why do we give a shit about a puppy mill in Uganda. Your argument is nonsense. Am I morally opposed to everything Kony does? Of course I am. My question as a citizen of a country that experiences 25 times the amount of abductions per year is why are we supposed to give a shit now when babies with AK-47s was popular enough to put in a Nicholas Cage movie in 2005.

This isn't new. This isn't fresh. Kony very well may not be in Uganda. His abductions have for the most part recently been carried out by those faithful to him. Sex slavery abductions happen in America. So we differ on giving the abducted boys dicks instead of guns and the fact a shitload more happen here and our country is better at masking its shortcomings is supposed to make me sensitive to Invisible Children's message or goal how? I give a shit about the fact children are abducted, murdered, raped and sent to war. I do not care what half-assed social media twats want to promote about something they learned 10 minutes ago. If any of this truly hit home they wouldn't be spreading it on websites feigning good doings.

nathanfairchild
03-08-2012, 02:33 AM
GLONY

weeklymix
03-08-2012, 02:35 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0iizdw7vA1qzjoy8o1_500.jpg

TomAz
03-08-2012, 04:00 AM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM1MjQwMDE3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA2NzE0NA@@._ V1._SX640_SY453_.jpg

marooko
03-08-2012, 07:30 AM
I keep thinking Kony Koni Kone. And white guilt.

Grandma
03-08-2012, 07:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liF0pZwFHKE

weeklymix
03-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Yeah I've seen some requests for using static pictures of him saying how much you support him. When people jump all over you about it, link to this scene.

Miroir Noir
03-08-2012, 08:01 AM
A Kony primer: The Problems with 'Stop Kony' (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/03/problem-stop-kony/49634/)

faxman75
03-08-2012, 08:04 AM
This isn't new. This isn't fresh.

You keep saying this over and over. It's the most ridiculous part of your rants. Most charities or causes aren't new or fresh and who in the world gave a fuck about some Nicholas Cage movie in 2005?

Go fuck yourself with this rhetoric and calling everyone an idiot who gives a fuck about this cause. It's as annoying as all these spam threads about the cause if not more so. Who the fuck are you to assume that "white people" on this board or in these threads don't care about the abducted children here? It's presumptious and you are coming off as a raging asshole when you start calling everyone a fucking idiot for not knowing everything you do at the same time you learn about it. Many charities have flaws and aren't worth much effort. We know this. Yes, people should do their research before donating but to act self-righteous because you read a book and saw some Nicholas Cage movie on the subject years ago is retarded.

Yes we can all list dozens of causes that we might find more important but this isn't exactly a competition.

faxman75
03-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Tell us more about you Zack. What have you done to raise awareness about these abducted chilren in the united states? Which charities and organizations have you supported and do you endorse? Did you know that 82% of these abductions are simply domestic spats where someone in the childs own family has taken the child? How exactly do you plan on stopping something that's such a private or domestic issue? Teach me more. Don't just rattle off stats.

Tubesock Shakur
03-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Teach me more. Don't just rattle off stats.

HotHamWater
03-08-2012, 08:38 AM
I heard it's pronounced "Kohn." Fuck your word play.

chairmenmeow47
03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
I heard it's pronounced "Kohn."

show me the stats.

HotHamWater
03-08-2012, 08:43 AM
82% of couples in domestic spats pronunced it "Kohn." 10% prounounce it "Coney." 8% prounounce it something I would get banned for repeating, with 94% of those instances occuring in the south.

Miroir Noir
03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xp-5V3PJ90E

ods..
03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
82% of couples in domestic spats pronunced it "Kohn." 10% prounounce it "Coney." 8% prounounce it something I would get banned for repeating, with 94% of those instances occuring in the south.

Enough spitting statistics at me you fuck, how will you make a change??? I've already watched the video 2 times through, and I've posted it on my grand-aunt's facebook wall. I know everything there is to know about Joseph Koneh, and I will stop at nothing to

MAKE HIM FAMOUS

Ambassador of Coachella
03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
fuck america
Kony's abducted the same amount of kids since 1987 as were abducted from America last year. I'm upset that isn't an issue to white people who pretend everything's gravy over here.

It's not about Group A, B, C or really the dopes who made this video. It's about retards waking up to something that happens every day on a much larger scale right in front of them (minus militias) and thinks now's the time to give a shit about a guy who's practically in exile. THAT is what sucks about all of this. The fact the organization is shitty is really just a nice bonus on top of this bullshit, never mind the fact that the Ugandan Government doesn't have a clean human rights record itself.

As for your Humane Society bit, I wasn't comparing species. If we were to use that logic, it would be more appropriate to say why do we give a shit about a puppy mill in Uganda. Your argument is nonsense. Am I morally opposed to everything Kony does? Of course I am. My question as a citizen of a country that experiences 25 times the amount of abductions per year is why are we supposed to give a shit now when babies with AK-47s was popular enough to put in a Nicholas Cage movie in 2005.

This isn't new. This isn't fresh. Kony very well may not be in Uganda. His abductions have for the most part recently been carried out by those faithful to him. Sex slavery abductions happen in America. So we differ on giving the abducted boys dicks instead of guns and the fact a shitload more happen here and our country is better at masking its shortcomings is supposed to make me sensitive to Invisible Children's message or goal how? I give a shit about the fact children are abducted, murdered, raped and sent to war. I do not care what half-assed social media twats want to promote about something they learned 10 minutes ago. If any of this truly hit home they wouldn't be spreading it on websites feigning good doings.

ods..
03-08-2012, 08:58 AM
The craziest thing about this movement is the idea that teeny-boppers blowing up my facebook feed will then "cover the night" and wheat-paste thousands of flyers across major cities.

I know there will be avid supporters who put up posters/flyers, but these girls are not going to be the ones. Ridiculous.

guedita
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
A Night of Littering

Miroir Noir
03-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I'd rather read litter about Kony than "SUPER AWESOME PLUR FESTIVAL WITH MIA!!!!!"

guedita
03-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Both change the world in the exact same way.

weeklymix
03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
You keep saying this over and over. It's the most ridiculous part of your rants. Most charities or causes aren't new or fresh and who in the world gave a fuck about some Nicholas Cage movie in 2005?

Go fuck yourself with this rhetoric and calling everyone an idiot who gives a fuck about this cause. It's as annoying as all these spam threads about the cause if not more so. Who the fuck are you to assume that "white people" on this board or in these threads don't care about the abducted children here? It's presumptious and you are coming off as a raging asshole when you start calling everyone a fucking idiot for not knowing everything you do at the same time you learn about it. Many charities have flaws and aren't worth much effort. We know this. Yes, people should do their research before donating but to act self-righteous because you read a book and saw some Nicholas Cage movie on the subject years ago is retarded.

Yes we can all list dozens of causes that we might find more important but this isn't exactly a competition.

This isn't about prior knowledge. It's beginning to sound more like you being insecure that you cared about something before you read into it and yelling at me because you think I'm personally calling you an idiot. Cry less, read more. You didn't start these threads and you like to argue because you think you're good at it. Stats are facts, and that's education. I shouldn't have to "teach" you anymore than a quick Google search with the DOJ could do for you in 10 seconds. ]

And guess what, since you think you're so quick on the stats and my lack of education on the subject, if 82% aren't that big a deal on paper that means there were still 310,000 abductions that "mattered" in the United States since 1987. That's over 4 times the amount that Kony's been responsible for. The difference when I "rattle off stats" and when you think you're doing the same is typically you're just being an angry prick. I'm not trying to be some guru on a subject I actually spent more than 10 minutes researching, I just simply did more than you. Sorry it's upset you so much.

And I can tell you what I don't do with regard to the problems facing American child abduction: I don't post Hollywood babble to my Facebook wall pretending I'm Jimmy Carter for 48 hours. That's what I certainly don't do. You want awareness? Interestingly enough any involvement I had started with Bill Hillar, who is now known as a fraud and lied about his daughter being sold into sex slavery. He's the basis for the movie Taken. He attended the University of Oregon for some time and spoke to us on several occasions. After he disappeared I still donated time and research, along with several of my peers to the Multnomah County's Human Trafficking department as Portland is one of the busier areas for this trade. Never mind the fact I personally was taken from the Field Museum in Chicago for 6 hours but because I kept talking to everybody we bumped into, the couple left me at a nearby McDonald's. My father's questionable behavior leading up to that moment is still one of the top reasons my mother left my father.

But really now, you're a grown man with a keyboard and fingers. I shouldn't have to teach you dick if the stats don't work for you.

nathanfairchild
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
How does Bridge feel about Kony?

faxman75
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Misses the point entirely...you nailed it Zack. I'm insecure about my knowledge of all the worlds social issues. Damn I thought I was so quick with those stats too!

Finally, you are right. Viral campaigns never work and blowing up facebook is just immature. You shouldn't have to teach me dick and you haven't. You'll teach very few with your bravado.

ods..., dare I ask why so many teeny boppers have the ability to blow up your facebook feed? I don't think I have any teeny boppers on my facebook list. Maybe it's because i'm so old.

faxman75
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM

pwned by a tubesock :( leave me alone, i'm mashing my sausage fingers against a keyboard you twat.

lt.roast.a.botch
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
The craziest thing about this movement is the idea that teeny-boppers blowing up my facebook feed will then "cover the night" and wheat-paste thousands of flyers across major cities.

I know there will be avid supporters who put up posters/flyers, but these girls are not going to be the ones. Ridiculous.

Teeny boppers? How old are you ods? :)

And guess what, since you think you're so quick on the stats and my lack of education on the subject, if 82% aren't that big a deal on paper that means there were still 310,000 abductions that "mattered" in the United States since 1987. That's over 4 times the amount that Kony's been responsible for. The difference when I "rattle off stats" and when you think you're doing the same is typically you're just being an angry prick. I'm not trying to be some guru on a subject I actually spent more than 10 minutes researching, I just simply did more than you. Sorry it's upset you so much.

Saying that child abductions in Uganda isn't a pressing issue because there are more abductions in the US seems wrong to me. Both are big deals. What makes Kony's more reprehensible is that he is putting these children into military combat, to kill, use as sex slaves, or other political advantages which under the Geneva convention is any child under 15 years old. That is the main concern.

As much as you dismiss what IC has done, it has brought the topic to the attention of many who otherwise be distracted from day to day life of America. Americans as it is don't know enough about world issues compared to our counterparts in other countries. While most of us will not take the time to learn more about the issue than the documentary, the IC will stimulate discussion in those who are interested to learn and in the end may spark the brain that will make changes. Even to those who aren't going to become fully involved, it is good that the issue is hashed out and discussed such as seen on this board about Kony, IC and even child abductions in the US. I just wish the discussions were all on one thread instead of 5+.

Both change the world in the exact same way.

Hey at least one is intellectually more stimulating. LOVE LIGHTSHOWS!

ods..
03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm 20. So most of the people I'm friends with on facebook are 17-25. The younger ones are reposting the fuck out of this video.

dorkfish
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Please point to Uganda.

http://teacherlink.ed.usu.edu/tlresources/units/byrnes-africa/tamtue/africamap.jpg

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
why does some slick video need to be made for everyone to realize that terrible shit happens at the hands of african dictators? beotch 'investigated'? ok. let me go investigate planet earth. i heard there's some visually appealing shit out there.

lt.roast.a.botch
03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Ya figured as much. If it makes you feel better this has been reposted heavily in the 25-30 demographic as well. Probably less annoying though since none of them have the free time and more responsibilities then your fb friends to become ambassadors of the cause.

weeklymix
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Fax: Nowhere, in any of my posts did I tell you that you were wrong about all social issues. I said you liked to argue, which frankly, I don't think anybody would disagree with. Whether you're wrong or right, you argue. About everything. In this particular instance, on this insignificant subject, and on this insignificant day I just happened to have more substance to back my claims. You'll have your days where you'll know more about a topic than someone else. It's life. It's conversation. You're just being weird now.

Teach me more.

You shouldn't have to teach me dick and you haven't. You'll teach very few with your bravado.

Do you not see why this is aggravating? I wasn't trying to teach. You asked. You asked me to teach, then tell me I don't have to teach and haven't? Shut the hell up. I really don't care if an attitude shows through on something that really at this point is less about opinion and more about what's actually going on in the world. If someone tells you the answer to a math problem in a nice tone, and the other one tells you that you're stupid for being dramatic but gives you the right answer are you going to fail miserably because you judge correctness based on your feelings? I wasn't really "targeting" you specifically but you've proven just how pointless support for this movement is when the best you can do when faced with the facts is essentially call me a dick after being a monumental one yourself.

I don't care what's unbecoming of my ability to convey a point about an African country on a random Thursday. Stop assuming it's my job to not only do it right but do it so that you feel good about it simply because you couldn't muster few extra clicks with your mouse.

lt.roast.a.botch
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Please point to Uganda.

http://teacherlink.ed.usu.edu/tlresources/units/byrnes-africa/tamtue/africamap.jpg

More importantly, how many more people can now point to Uganda then a week ago.

Gribbz
03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
^ They probably still can't.

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 10:07 AM
even more importantly, who cares? are you traveling there? are you suggesting travel plans for others?

Gepgra[hy Masturbation: The WOrst

Alchemy
03-08-2012, 10:15 AM

You read my argument incorrectly. I know you weren't comparing species. I was arguing that you can't ignore minor problems just because larger problems still exist. You are making the assumption that we do not have resources to deal with multiple problems, and so things like Kony 2012 (let's assume, for the sake of argument, that they have everything in good order) are bad, because we should only have groups that support our most pressing cause (or a few of our most pressing causes). I'm not talking about country to country with the Humane Society (because that isn't the flaw in your logic); I'm saying that dogs and cats are not as important as human children (because you think some charities aren't important enough to exist).

I've donated money to the Gorilla Organization, which attempts to stop poachers from hunting gorillas in Africa. That isn't terribly vital as far as humanity is concerned, but does that mean the Gorilla Organization should not exist? Does that mean people - especially Americans - shouldn't donate to them?

I would disagree with you if you felt that the Gorilla Organization was obsolete in America. It is run by people who believe in that cause, and those people happen to include Americans. Even if some guy started a charity to find one girl, from some random village in Mongolia, who was abducted for sex slavery, I think it would be fine for him to run his charity and for people to donate. If he can get people to believe in his cause, and he is working his charity in a good manner, why should we criticize him? Again, it's not like there aren't people trying to fix American abductions.

Plus, in all the time you've been complaining about Kony 2012, have you bothered to inform anyone on how they can help stop these American abductions? Where is your charitable thread? Wouldn't it be more helpful to do something for your cause, than to complain about the unrelated ones?

lt.roast.a.botch
03-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Shit, i'd love to travel there. Every country has wonderful culture and things to see especially those that have not been flooded with tourists. I'm not that adventurous to go with rebel groups pressent but who knows maybe one day...but getting off topic here.

Alchemy
03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Please point to Uganda.

All of that is Uganda, because her children is spread upon all of that place. Today, we are all Uganda. Change your facebook picture if you are Uganda today.

A-Ron
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Uganda is a great place to travel imo, Rwanda too. Went 5 years ago.

Alchemy
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a friend from Mozambique, and I always thought how cool it would be to visit that place with her... Because, honestly, I think that's the only way I'd go to Africa.

marooko
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I point to Uganda 5 times a day.

jackstraw94086
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
All of that is Uganda, because her children is spread upon all of that place. Today, we are all Uganda. Change your facebook picture if you are Uganda today.

the bottleneck tribe of 2000 homo sapiens actually most likely came from somewhere far north of uganda when the sahara was still grasslands.

It's far more likely that no human alive today was from where uganda is today.

marooko
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Stats.

We haven't posted this enough. This ---> uggs still comes up before Uganda when searching the goog.

lt.roast.a.botch
03-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Uganda is a great place to travel imo, Rwanda too. Went 5 years ago.

That's crazy. Must have been a great experience and humbling as well. Damn now I got the travel itch.

tigermilkboy
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Kony is so batshit insane that he probably won't be mentally competent to stand trial.

PotVsKtl
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM
http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-1

marooko
03-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Have there been any amusement park jokes yet?

SoulDischarge
03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
<fast forward to 4/20>

"Oh shit, Marsha, we forgot all our Kony flyers at home!"

"Who?"

"Oh look, the Midnight Beast. Let's go watch ironically."

fin.

bobert
03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
This isn't about prior knowledge. It's beginning to sound more like you being insecure that you cared about something before you read into it and yelling at me because you think I'm personally calling you an idiot. Cry less, read more. You didn't start these threads and you like to argue because you think you're good at it. Stats are facts, and that's education. I shouldn't have to "teach" you anymore than a quick Google search with the DOJ could do for you in 10 seconds. ]

And I can tell you what I don't do with regard to the problems facing American child abduction: I don't post Hollywood babble to my Facebook wall pretending I'm Jimmy Carter for 48 hours. That's what I certainly don't do. You want awareness? Interestingly enough any involvement I had started with Bill Hillar, who is now known as a fraud and lied about his daughter being sold into sex slavery. He's the basis for the movie Taken. He attended the University of Oregon for some time and spoke to us on several occasions. After he disappeared I still donated time and research, along with several of my peers to the Multnomah County's Human Trafficking department as Portland is one of the busier areas for this trade. Never mind the fact I personally was taken from the Field Museum in Chicago for 6 hours but because I kept talking to everybody we bumped into, the couple left me at a nearby McDonald's. My father's questionable behavior leading up to that moment is still one of the top reasons my mother left my father.

But really now, you're a grown man with a keyboard and fingers. I shouldn't have to teach you dick if the stats don't work for you.

Weekly, you do realize that half of reported child abductions in the US are by family members of the child? A father who's lost custody of his kids and decides to pick them up at school and flee the state. That kind of thing. It's pretty disingenuous to compare those statistics to what's going on in Africa. I haven't watched the video that everyone is yammering about and I haven't read any books on the matter. I'm blissfully ignorant, but I can do half ass google search as well as the next guy and this is what I found.

*Every 40 seconds in the United States, a child becomes missing or is abducted.

*In 2001, 840,279 people (adults and children) were reported missing to the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC). The FBI estimates that 85 to 90 percent of those (roughly 750,000 people or 2,000 per day) reported missing were children. The vast majority of these cases are resolved within hours.

*Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent). Family kidnapping is committed primarily by parents, involves a larger percentage of female perpetrators (43 percent) than other types of kidnapping offenses, occurs more frequently to children under 6, equally victimizes juveniles of both sexes, and most often originates in the home.

guedita
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
<fast forward to 4/20>

"Oh shit, Marsha, we forgot all our Kony flyers at home!"

"Who?"

"Oh look, the Midnight Beast. Let's go watch ironically."

fin.

lololol

faxman75
03-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Weekly, you do realize that half of reported child abductions in the US are by family members of the child? A father who's lost custody of his kids and decides to pick them up at school and flee the state. That kind of thing. It's pretty disingenuous to compare those statistics to what's going on in Africa. I haven't watched the video that everyone is yammering about and I haven't read any books on the matter. I'm blissfully ignorant, but I can do half ass google search as well as the next guy and this is what I found.

*Every 40 seconds in the United States, a child becomes missing or is abducted.

*In 2001, 840,279 people (adults and children) were reported missing to the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC). The FBI estimates that 85 to 90 percent of those (roughly 750,000 people or 2,000 per day) reported missing were children. The vast majority of these cases are resolved within hours.

*Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent). Family kidnapping is committed primarily by parents, involves a larger percentage of female perpetrators (43 percent) than other types of kidnapping offenses, occurs more frequently to children under 6, equally victimizes juveniles of both sexes, and most often originates in the home.

If you search the Kony threads you will see weekly already replied to this today when I brought this up. This was almost exactly what I said. He is so enraged and posting in all of the Kony threads though so watch out. There is no way you can possibly justify this charity is worthwhile in any way to him at all.

bobert
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
If you search the Kony threads you will see weekly already replied to this today when I brought this up. This was almost exactly what I said. He is so enraged and posting in all of the Kony threads though so watch out. There is no way you can possibly justify this charity is worthwhile in any way to him at all.

No thank you. I feel like I read too much already.

JebusLives
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I have no problems with Uganda. Some of my closest friends are from Uganda!

jackstraw94086
03-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Stats are facts, and that's education.

This is my favorite sentence in the entire history of sentences.