PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad, and the Queen: any fans?

foxwrapped
03-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Who's going mostly to see them? Interesting that they will be playing San Francisco on Sunday... (which I will bw attending as well)

rage patton
03-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I am by no means going "mostly for them" but I sure as hell wanna check them out.
Ive seen some live videos and they sounds really good, and look like they would be a great act to see.

ghettojournalist
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah, i don't think anyone is going to "mostly see them", but i will definitely check them out.
legendary players, good tunes, fleshed-out live show= won't miss.

bigtex
03-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I'll be there, can't wait!

Alchemy
03-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I am going mostly to see them. At least, second to Air. Damon Albarn is my inspiration in music. So is Jarvis Cocker, so this Coachella is a big deal for me more than the other Coachelli I have been too.

rage patton
03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I am going mostly to see them. At least, second to Air. Damon Albarn is my inspiration in music. So is Jarvis Cocker, so this Coachella is a big deal for me more than the other Coachelli I have been too.

Really? I wouldnt take you for a Blur or Damon Albarn fan. *extreme sarcasm*
Im not only excited because its a Damon Albarn project... but Paul Simonon is playing bass!!! I get to see 1/3 of The Clash! It's closest I'll ever get to seeing them... RIP Joe Strummer.

Down Rodeo
03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Im not only excited because its a Damon Albarn project... but Paul Simonon is playing bass!!! I get to see 1/3 of The Clash! It's closest I'll ever get to seeing them... RIP Joe Strummer.

I agree. Damn good reason to see them.

Mr. E
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Im waiting for this.....the cd is so fucking neat man.i love it.

Boourns
03-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I hear their set at SXSW was dullsville.

canexplain
03-21-2007, 08:20 PM
dont know about sxsw but on letterman they were good ... and the new cd is way cool ... track 5 and the last track esp ... cr****

JustSteve
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I get to see 1/3 of The Clash! It's closest I'll ever get to seeing them... RIP Joe Strummer.

my moment of joy! this was taken at Hootenanny '02 a few months before he passed...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/forgotaboutsteve/strummer-1.jpg

damn, the free red bull and vodka's f'd me up that day, i am wasted in that pic!

Proadict
03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
i dont have a saturday ticket so im missing TGTBATQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM CRYING RIGTH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

breakjaw
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
I saw the Clash and Paul Simenon was the coolest one on stage,I think that's him on the cover of London Calling.

mistdevil
03-22-2007, 01:05 AM
they dope.

Dickinabox
03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah ive just heard of them recently, i specially like "Kingdom of Doom" they have my vote so far!

Mivsy
03-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Saw them in Bristol a couple of months ago and will certainly be making the effort to see them again. Final encore was Guns of Brixton with Paul Simonon singing and playing guitar.

ediger
03-22-2007, 08:26 AM

As much as seeing Paul Simonon is going to be incredible cool, this is the farthest this possible from seeing the Clash. (plus he was 1/4 not 1/3 ;))

ediger
03-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Saw them in Bristol a couple of months ago and will certainly be making the effort to see them again. Final encore was Guns of Brixton with Paul Simonon singing and playing guitar.

I read that they cracked out Guns of Brixton at that show. That would be fucking amazing.

Benny
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM

Exactly what I was going to say!! Damon has been my musical idol from the first time I heard Modern Life Is Rubbish and Jarvis, well he's just THE JARV isn't he!

rage patton
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
As much as seeing Paul Simonon is going to be incredible cool, this is the farthest this possible from seeing the Clash. (plus he was 1/4 not 1/3 ;))

The first album was Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon and Mick Jones. With two drummers who were not official members.
So the original line up of the Clash, was 3 members. Not four.
Therefore: Paul Simonon was 1/3 of The Clash ;)
By the way, I know this will be nothing like a Clash show at all, it will just be cool knowing he plays the bass.

The Sssnake
03-22-2007, 10:00 AM
their set will be awesome, they havent done anything quite like coachella yet so im hoping they pull out all the stops and do some sort of huge theatre like production

Mivsy
03-22-2007, 10:22 AM
The show I went to was a bit like a Britsh Garden Fete - set had a lot of bunting - and rather than a proper support they had a compere and variety acts (comedian, piano player, acrobats and the like).

ediger
03-22-2007, 10:53 AM
The first album was Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon and Mick Jones. With two drummers who were not official members.
So the original line up of the Clash, was 3 members. Not four.
Therefore: Paul Simonon was 1/3 of The Clash ;)
By the way, I know this will be nothing like a Clash show at all, it will just be cool knowing he plays the bass.

Ah, I see where you're coming from. Any time I think Clash, I always picture the poster I have of them with those three and Topper Headon. As for the nothing like a Clash show, I tend to point that out anytime someone mentions TGTB&TQ and the Clash in the same sentance, simply because if they haven't head the album yet, they may be a little surprised...

Pixiessp
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I was not going to see them at all but I happened to hear one of
their songs on one of those music only(no Videos) TV channels
yesterday while I was getting ready for work.
I was in another room and could hear this cool song and decided to get up and see who it was and lo and behold. I had heard some of their stuff
at a listening station at Barnes and Noble and I didn't care for it then.
Guess I just needed to hear them again.

NeverMyopic
03-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I like the album a lot and looking forward to them live. It will be interesting to see how they will sound live and if they will change up any of the songs.

canexplain
03-22-2007, 02:37 PM
the only bad thing i have read about them is from a review at sxsw and the dude said they were really good BUT they are more of an inside venue type of band and not so much outside ... guessing they will be outside at coachella , but i no i wouldnt miss them if i had a change ..cr****

whomod
03-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Really excited about seeing them as well. Being a UK music fan, having this supergroup of incredible talent as well as having Placebo, JARVIS(!) Cocker, Travis, The Mondays, and The f**king JESUS AND MARY CHAIN(!!!) on the setlist makes this for me the best Coachella yet, and i've been to every last one of these festivals.