PDA

View Full Version : arrival time for certain lots

justTom
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
hey all,

I've searched the threads but could not find an answer to this specific question. What time does car camping lot 12A fill up? And what time does car camping lot 8 usually fill up? I'm curious because I don't want to arrive late and end up in car camping lot 10A.

Note: I attended coachella 2010 but not 2011, so lot names may have changed.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
You need to be looking at the new maps because the ones from 2010 definitely are not the same!
http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/interactive-maps
No Lot 12A anymore although that was a sweet area wasn't it:-) In 2011 they filled up lot 5 first then lot 8 then lot 7 maybe, then 10 (or 10 then 7) but it was lot 5 first for sure and lot 8 next. Since the last 3 years have all been different it is hard to say how they will fill the lots this year but I would bet Lot 5 is first again with the current set up then lot 8, lot 7 and finally lot 10.

Ferris Wheeler
03-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm hoping that twitter and this message board will be useful on that Thursday. I'll be checking frequently to see how they're filling the lots. I'm gonna be in a 5 car group arriving probably around 1 pm. If for some strange reason they are filling 7 and 10 before 5 and 8 and I'll pull my caravan of cars aside somewhere until they move on to 5 and 8. I just want to make sure that if I'm taking off a day of work I'm getting a camping spot close enough to the entrance. Anywhere in 5 or 8 I would be thrilled with. Those extra footsteps to 7 and 10 really add up over 3 days. Especially since it looks like this year 7 and 10 extend further back than they have in years past.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-07-2012, 06:14 AM
They normally fill up the lots closest to the entrance first and I doubt they would do that different this year so the earlier the better. Lot 5 will be filled within the first hour or second hour at the latest. We were there waiting in line when the gates opened last year and a couple of the people in our group were in the last line of cars in lot 5. Since the lot opens earlier this year if you are arriving at 1 you will be further back in lot 8 probably although again none of us really know how it will all go down. Twitter is probably a good idea:-)

billtino
03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm hoping that twitter and this message board will be useful on that Thursday. I'll be checking frequently to see how they're filling the lots. I'm gonna be in a 5 car group arriving probably around 1 pm. If for some strange reason they are filling 7 and 10 before 5 and 8 and I'll pull my caravan of cars aside somewhere until they move on to 5 and 8. I just want to make sure that if I'm taking off a day of work I'm getting a camping spot close enough to the entrance. Anywhere in 5 or 8 I would be thrilled with. Those extra footsteps to 7 and 10 really add up over 3 days. Especially since it looks like this year 7 and 10 extend further back than they have in years past.

For traffic & safety concerns it will be lot 5, lot 8, lot 7 then lot 10. Note there may be coordinated split filling of lots, but you can be sure that 10 will be the last lot & 5 will be the first lot filled.

Another benefit that us Week 2 people have...although car camping is sold out week 2.

Goatchella
03-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Just sleep in. Things will work out.

Lot ten is not so far. No biggie.

billtino
03-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Just sleep in. Things will work out.

Lot ten is not so far. No biggie.

I've been in lot 10 the past 2 years & aside from the long walk back at the end of the day, you are closer to the General store, arts & crafts, dodge ball, food vendors, after hours activities etc than those early birds in lot 5. Just get there before the 2am cut off.

Goatchella
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I will be wherever I end up.

And I will be more prepared than a general store, have my own arts and crafts and my own after hours.

No worries.

blueduck
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
can we start a lot 5 dodgeball team?

TheMusicMan
03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
i've showed up the last two years around 2:30pm on thursday and we always get hooked up with close parking.

Panda421
03-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Last year we were getting in around 3-4 pm and 1 of the cars in our group ended up in Lot 5. I just hope that the group camping issue will be solved this year.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-08-2012, 04:20 AM
You got an email saying there was a group staging area??? From who if you don't mind me asking?