algunz
03-21-2007, 09:45 AM
"Rockin' & Rollin' and what not . . ."

invisiblerobots
03-21-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.spreadshirt.com/users/177000/176815/motives/176815_935928_big.gif

shoegazer76
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Not unless its some pure sharded sassafras/licorice. Pressies aren't worth as shit anymore! But seriously I'm too old for that shit I gotta grow up sometime!

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh crap I voted before I saw what the question was! I'm not sure if I'm rollin at coach.

kimery08
03-21-2007, 10:05 AM
ive never "rolled" before.
someone share an experience with me. please.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
It makes your pupils dilate, the palms of your hands and feet sweaty (also other prime locations get lubed up), and your bowels loose. It makes you feel very happy, like a long 3 hour afterglow from an orgasm. Sometimes it's hard to remember what you've done while rolling after you're done. It totally makes you lose your inhibitions, so be careful who you're rolling with. Certain kinds of music (trance?) sound realllly good on it. You can get really talkative and have great conversations with friends/loved ones while rolling, and it can be very therapeutic in that way. Conversations I've had while rolling really strengthened my marriage. (and I'm serious about that)
It can also make you feel really horny, although men have trouble sustaining erections/having orgasms on it.

Major problems are it's hard to go to sleep afterwards, so it's good to have something on hand to put you to sleep, like Valium. Also, you get really depressed and irritable for the folowing week, so take a couple 5-htp pills before going to sleep every night to help curb depression. And one more thing, it can mess with your immune system--I get ear infections a lot afterwards--so bulk up on vitamins/airborne the week before and the week after.

I hope that helps.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma.shtml

summerkid
03-21-2007, 10:21 AM
i hope to hear a couple different remixes of rollin' and scratchin' specifically MSTRKRFT's

chunk
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
what are all the different brand names of ecstasy?

i remember tulips, ferraris, sunflowers, tiny tots, .....and thats about it.

totally agree on not being able to remember the details of why you had so much fun. it also damages your digestive system. but the mtv "holes like swiss cheese in your brain" propaganda was all false. at least according to a peter jennings special report debunking the mtv story.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I've seen Batman, Toyota, Pegasus, Omega, Apple....
Problem is sometimes if the pills of the same stamp are different colors, they might be a different strength.

I haven't heard anything about digestive system damage. I always take Immodium to prevent diarrhea, although I always end up doing #2.

algunz
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
X is awesome. My favorite drug of all - and I've had my share of many. But, be careful it can cause serious issues with depression when used consistently, even just 2 or 3 days in a row (Hint). Seen that first hand and it's sad to watch and even harder to help. Also, it always bothers me that it is played out as the SEX drug. It's so not about sexuality - it's all about sensuality. It was used for years as a drug in marriage counseling. It's about opening up and bringing people together. Not pacifiers and glow sticks.

JustSteve
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Conversations I've had while rolling really strengthened my marriage. (and I'm serious about that)

you needed drugs to say what you said? couldn't say it while sober :rolleyes

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't knock it until you try it. You might have grudges about saying certain things to your SO, and Ecstasy totally combats that and sets it aside. It's a great drug for therapy IMO.

algunz
03-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Of course you take it too much your gonna need therapy!!

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, duh. Everything in moderation. I don't do it more than once or twice a month because of the side effects. And forget about doing it during cold/flu season.

algunz
03-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Good for you, but not everyone out there is as smart. Haven't you read their t-shirts?

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Ecstasy destroys your memory, even in "moderation". it's a personal choice, but keep in mind what it does to you. if you do it a little, it hurts you a little, if you do it a lot, it hurts you a lot, but the effect is never zero. After a while you'll start to realize you can't concentrate like you used to, you forget relatively easy things to remember, it basically turns you into an ADD case. The effects even in small amounts over time are subtle, but real.

good luck turning yourselves into zombies.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Im not disagreeing Im just curious what youre basing this on. Personal experience or research?

SFChrissy
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
rollin' doobies, maybe ...

Not maybe...For Sure!!!

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Im not disagreeing Im just curious what youre basing this on. Personal experience or research?
Yeah, give us a link.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Im guessing its a testimony based on personal experience.

PsyGuyRy

SFChrissy
Don't knock it until you try it. You might have grudges about saying certain things to your SO, and Ecstasy totally combats that and sets it aside. It's a great drug for therapy IMO.

Back in the good ol days but the crap out there now is only good for aneurisms and anti depressants

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Links? Or some kind of book reference?

algunz
03-21-2007, 11:28 AM
You obviously know how to use a computer, the information is out there for your taking. It's not as if it's anything that people don't know about, yet. Crazy idea . . . how 'bout you Google it?

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I just expect people who are spouting information as FACT to back it up.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 11:35 AM
My liver says don't do drugs ever.

algunz
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
What exactly are you looking for? Someone to tell you that drugs are perfectly OK and they will never cause you any harm? That aint happenin'. We wouldn't plug into this thread if we didn't come from a place of experience or curiousity. Either way - I can't imagine anyone on here is coming from place that is not grounded in truth.

kreutz2112
Vinyl, about that liver problem. I asked you yesterday if you exercise(d) on a regular basis when you drank.

SFChrissy
Links? Or some kind of book reference?

How 'bout personal experience!!! I tried it for the first time in the late 80's which was ohhh so clean!!!

The ninety's in SF were unreal and a movement that can't be forgotten...

I know 5 people that have died while on E...2 people that have been diagnosed with aneurisms and now suffer from epilepsy...and Know countless people on anti-depressents from eating E in excess...

So if you don't have a history like that than maybe you don't really know what your eating or talking 'bout...

PsyGuyRy
03-21-2007, 11:38 AM

vinylmartyr
No I did not exercise.

kreutz2112
My response and facts are based on first-hand, personal experiences and concersations with doctors. Those are FACTS. If you want more, go out and do your own primary research.

Nothing a doctor says is FACT. Trust me.

kreutz2112
03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
No I did not exercise.

How often did you drink?

PsyGuyRy
03-21-2007, 11:41 AM

SFChrissy
Nothing a doctor says is FACT. Trust me.

well guinne pig status would be fact...

algunz
Sounds like you hang with quite a party crowd.

kreutz2112
well guinne pig status would be fact...

What does this mean?

chunk
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
What exactly are you looking for? Someone to tell you that drugs are perfectly OK and they will never cause you any harm? That aint happenin'. We wouldn't plug into this thread if we didn't come from a place of experience or curiousity. Either way - I can't imagine anyone on here is coming from place that is not grounded in truth.

i am not a medical professional, and i hate those who pretend to be ones on the internet. according to the abc news report i mentioned earlier in this thread (the one that debunked the alarmist mtv story early this decade), doctors say your serotonin levels will eventually return to normal with simply a few months of abstinence if you were moderate user. and as other people have said, it was a completely accepted and legal form of therapy. the drug only became officially illegal in the '90's.

there are many ways you can get fucked up and even die, but the hype about permanent brain damage in relation to serotonin levels was just that.

algunz
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm intrigued by how so many seem to connect with this topic. They say the 60's was the drug era, the 80's, but most of us were a product of the 90's - where we pretty much plugged in, tuned out, and said fuck you. Now are we facing the consequences?

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
You're an idiot. I was just asking for the basis of the information they were giving. I was telling about my personal experience. I know that there are drawbacks to lots of drugs, lots of prescription drugs, and lots of legal drugs (alcohol being one of them). The problem is there is a lot of faulty information out there because these drugs are illegal and the government wants to KEEP it that way, so they have a vested interest in putting out misinformation.

SFChrissy
03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Hence Anti-Depressents...

kreutz2112
03-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm intrigued by how so many seem to connect with this topic. They say the 60's was the drug era, the 80's, but most of us were a product of the 90's - where we pretty much plugged in, tuned out, and said fuck you. Now are we facing the consequences?

I know 16 - 17 people...we are fucked!

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 11:48 AM
How often did you drink?

I drank all the time and did more drugs than a hippie. I am on the way far end of the drug use scale.

kreutz2112
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I drank all the time and did more drugs than a hippie. I am on the way far end of the drug us scale.

I did drugs a lot in high school, but I havent done any since then (weed doesnt count). I hope my liver holds up because I am starting to drink more and more.

algunz
03-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Peace, love, and safe drug use.

I'm drunk right now - awesome!!

kreutz2112
03-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I am going to be drunk in approximately one hour.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I've don drugs less than Jeff but definitley like a hippie and if theres one thing I can tell you to stear clear of its a regular drining habbit. Pretty easy to end up addicted to a socially accepted drug.

algunz
03-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Can we not have any vices? Party pooper!!

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 12:08 PM

Both.

A basic googling of ecstacy effects on memory (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ecstacy+effects+on+memory) will yield plenty of info.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
How 'bout personal experience!!! I tried it for the first time in the late 80's which was ohhh so clean!!!

The ninety's in SF were unreal and a movement that can't be forgotten...

I know 5 people that have died while on E...2 people that have been diagnosed with aneurisms and now suffer from epilepsy...and Know countless people on anti-depressents from eating E in excess...

So if you don't have a history like that than maybe you don't really know what your eating or talking 'bout...
How many pills were you all taking? I know of a local radio DJ that died on E, but I don't really hang out with a lot of people (or party with a lot of people), so I don't have any stats like that. And when E was a big party drug, I wasn't taking anything but prescribed anti-depressants (I was always super-straight in my teens and 20's).

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Both.

A basic googling of ecstacy effects on memory (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ecstacy+effects+on+memory) will yield plenty of info.
You misspelled Ecstasy, but luckily google picked up on that. :thu

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
If you stick the E up your butt you get higher.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
And its fun to do.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM
You misspelled Ecstasy, but luckily google picked up on that. :thu

See? I would have spelled it right if I had done less E.

algunz
03-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Yea, butt . . .

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Both.

The vast majority of the results from this search are all based on or references to Ricaurte's studies at Johns-Hopkins which have all been formally retracted. The reason? They never used MDMA, it was MethAmphetamine. Furthermore, they arent even valid studies ont he effecst of meth as it was administered in MDMA dosage levels.

References:

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60328,00.html

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/302/oops.shtml

http://www.maps.org/mdma/retraction/drc-net0911903.html

http://www.maps.org/mdma/retraction/drcnet091203.html

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I would like to restate that Im not righting for either side here Im just trying to verify whats being thrown out there.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Donahue loves ecstasy.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 12:26 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/helgadain/ecstasy.jpg

codytwo
03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
kreutz, I thought you were a Mormon?

Sexecutioner
03-21-2007, 12:31 PM
e is the funnest drug out there, hand down. if you dont think so, you probably haven't tried it. im sure it can't be good for you long term, but who gives a fuck. i used to take it all the time, and i am still a relatively normal, successful, contributing member of society. can it fuck you up or kill you? sure it can, but so can alcohol, and every other mind altering chemical you ingest, if you are stupid about it.

the key to life is moderation kids. remember that and you'll be fine. :)

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Denial sucks. MDMA fucks with your brain. You will learn this over time. Refusing to believe it won't shield you from it. Think about why they're even doing these studies in the first place. They didn't just make up the hypothesis out of the blue. There is tons of anectodal evidence that has been supported by some science even of some other science has retracted their conclusions.

MDMA will damage your memory at an accelerated pace (over just aging alone). I've seen it happen many times. I've seen it happen to myself.

I'm not telling anyone not to do E. But to deny that it has harmful affects because some study was dismissed would be a dangerous tactic.

codytwo
03-21-2007, 12:32 PM
methamphetamines are a group of chemical with many pharmaceutical benefits. the fact that a drug has methamphetamine at the end probably doesn't tell you anything about it, unless you happen to be a pharmacologist or a pharmacist or a doctor or very educated.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Drugs are good for you. .<-----------

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Saying that MDMA carries with it all the dangers of the base methamphetamine is not accurate. MDMA does not give you tooth caries--meth does that because when snorted the highly corrosive chemicals used to make it end up swishing around in your mouth, which doesn't happen with MDMA except on the rare occasions people snort it, and even then I've never heard of pure usage resulting in tooth rot.

MDMA does kinda fuck with your stomach, causing a great deal of nausea in most instances and frequently resulting in vomiting, particularly with excessive repeated usage which can eat your teeth away. Stomach acids are one of the most efficent enamel-eating substances around.

I have a significant number of friends who've taken hundreds of e pills. I myself would have to estimate my lifetime intake as being on the high end of the 500-1000 range, no foolin'. Including one very ill-advised period where I stayed rolled on 6-10 pills a day for 60 days straight. Coming down from that nearly killed me--it was a kind of miserable that's hard to fathom now.

Lasting effects? Well I admit my stomach got a bit tussled from all that, but there was also a great deal of opiate use immediately following the e period, so it's hard to say what made me throw up all the time for a couple years. Mostly it was the opiates, I think, although to this day every time I take some e I WILL be vomiting at some point. Of course, I'm a pretty extreme case.

Memory loss is for real, although I've always thought that what really happens is it's hard to remember shit that happened when you were fucked up all the time not because the drugs have permanently eroded the part of your brain that holds memories, but more because it's hard to remember things that happened when you were all fucked up. Amnesi-E (as I like to call it) is very real--as the years have gone on I find my memory worse and worse every time I'm on pills, to the point where nowadays it's not uncommong for me to forget what I was saying in mid-sentence 10 times in the course of a four-hour roll. At the same time, I don't care so much.

Your serotonin receptors really do repair themselves. As with all drugs, it's mostly an issue of treating your body and brain properly. MDMA effects you for about six days after the roll is over--rolling back-to-back days is not so great. Taking Wellbutrin when you're coming down will make the day after infinitely more pleasurable by minimizing the serotonin drought. MDMA casualties (both actual casualties and just people who've turned to shit) are depressing, but it happens with all drugs and I think we could all agree that E is generally less horrific than heroin, meth, crack, and some of the other baddies. Don't forget that alcohol destroys your body in a truly vicious fashion too--watch someone suffering from cirrhosis sometime, it ain't pretty.

I, for one, will most definitely be rolling for Coachella, probably Friday as Interpol And Bjork back-to-back means a sonic impact that when combined with six or seven pills will cause every cell of my body to orgasm for several hours. Not to sound like a degenerate addict (too late), but the difference between a concert sober and a concert on e is equivalent to the difference between a concert and listening to a CD in your car.

My body will just have to man up and fucking deal with it. This is Coachella, dammit.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 12:37 PM
methamphetamines are a group of chemical with many pharmaceutical benefits. the fact that a drug has methamphetamine at the end probably doesn't tell you anything about it, unless you happen to be a pharmacologist or a pharmacist or a doctor or very educated.

so you're saying that MDMA is probably good for you? What education are you basing this on?

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
e is the funnest drug out there, hand down. if you dont think so, you probably haven't tried it. im sure it can't be good for you long term, but who gives a fuck. i used to take it all the time, and i am still a relatively normal, successful, contributing member of society. can it fuck you up or kill you? sure it can, but so can alcohol, and every other mind altering chemical you ingest, if you are stupid about it.

I personally prefer 2ci. Nice body hallucinations, visual hallucinations, and it makes music sounds soooo good. No crazy-ass moodswings afterwards.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
If you stick the E up your butt you get higher.
I really wish you hadn't posted that. :P

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
so you're saying that MDMA is probably good for you? What education are you basing this on?

He has a college paper...In his drawer......dont make him whip that shits out.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I personally prefer 2ci. Nice body hallucinations, visual hallucinations, and it makes music sounds soooo good. No crazy-ass moodswings afterwards.

Ever tried 2-cd, Amy? I think it's the real winner of the 2-c family despite 2-cb and 2-ci being pretty remarkable, just because 2-cd carries practically no body load whatsoever. It's incredible, you take a hundred milligrams, it feels like a four e-pill roll for six hours but with no stomach upset, jaw tension, twitchiness, and the next day you feel like a million dollars.

codytwo
03-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Do you really think that's what I meant? Really? Did I say that at all? Like, at all?

Sexecutioner
03-21-2007, 12:45 PM

hmm, well ive never tried it, or even heard of it for that matter. sounds pretty fun though. i dont really get mood swings or suffer from depression after e. maybe im lucky. the couple hours during the comedown from e sometimes sucks though, depending on the quality of it, but i wouldnt say i get depressed. just quiet and not as fun as it was when i was rolling, lol.

TheGunslinger138
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
I have a significant number of friends who've taken hundreds of e pills. I myself would have to estimate my lifetime intake as being on the high end of the 500-1000 range, no foolin'. Including one very ill-advised period where I stayed rolled on 6-10 pills a day for 60 days straight. Coming down from that nearly killed me--it was a kind of miserable that's hard to fathom now.

My body will just have to man up and fucking deal with it. This is Coachella, dammit.

You sir, are HARD. CORE.

Sexecutioner
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Ever tried 2-cd, Amy? I think it's the real winner of the 2-c family despite 2-cb and 2-ci being pretty remarkable, just because 2-cd carries practically no body load whatsoever. It's incredible, you take a hundred milligrams, it feels like a four e-pill roll for six hours but with no stomach upset, jaw tension, twitchiness, and the next day you feel like a million dollars.

what are these 2-c drugs you speak of? i guess i am getting old. they sound awesome though, haha.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 12:47 PM
I've only tried 2ci. You take 100 mg of 2cd? With 2ci, we only take around 20 mg. Do you hallucinate? Does music sound good? Those are the main things I like. I felt great after 2ci as well, kinda like the day after acid or shrooms. Always looking for good psychedelics.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 12:49 PM
what are these 2-c drugs you speak of? i guess i am getting old. they sound awesome though, haha.
They're experimental psychedelic drugs. I think 2ci is synthetic mescaline? Or an analog to mescaline? I guess you could try googling.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Denial sucks. MDMA fucks with your brain. You will learn this over time. Refusing to believe it won't shield you from it.

I'm not telling anyone not to do E. But to deny that it has harmful affects because some study was dismissed would be a dangerous tactic.

I wholley cede to this.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
They're experimental psychedelic drugs. I think 2ci is synthetic mescaline? Or an analog to mescaline? I guess you could try googling.

They're both phenethylamines.

TheGunslinger138
03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
They're both phenethylamines.

Shulgin made?

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I've only tried 2ci. You take 100 mg of 2cd? With 2ci, we only take around 20 mg. Do you hallucinate? Does music sound good? Those are the main things I like. I felt great after 2ci as well, kinda like the day after acid or shrooms. Always looking for good psychedelics.

Godamm Amy. You sound like the neighborhood pharmacist.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
The guy who discovered MDMA, Alexander Shulgin, happened across it while testing out dozens of chemical combinations within the family phenethylamines, including MDMA, MDA, MDE, and the 2-c family (2-cd, 2-ci, 2-cc. 2-cd, 2-ce), all potent psychoactives. They used to be available for purchase legally only a few years ago as "research chemicals," along with the AMT, DiPT, and DMT families. Oh, it was a wonderful time to be alive when you could order dozens and even hundreds of doses of these substances for only a few hundred dollars and explore by yourself. Then the government got involved. =(

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Do you really think that's what I meant? Really? Did I say that at all? Like, at all?

christ, you are a nightmare. i'll play along yet again. um, NO I'm not saying you said exactly what I said. You know exactly what I'm getting at, you just would rather play the stupid "duuuh, that's not exactly what I said verbatim" game where you conveniently drop all context in order to make someone look stupid for misquoting you when they only trying to derive what you were actually getting at. I put your exact words in my post, I can fucking read.

here, I'll quote you again

In the context of a thread where people are talking about the ill effects of ecstasy, what do you think a quote like that is supposed to suggest?
Sure, there's probably some metha-amphetamines that don't have purely harmful affects, but what the fuck is the point of saying that a discussion of Ecstasy and meth?

If you answer is "nothing. I was just stating a fact" then what's the point? Why not quote the average rainfall in the Everglades or something.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM

The dosage varies between each 2-c variant. 2-cd is a 40-50 mg dose, but I found that a double dose turns the experience from just nice to amazing. It's less trippy in a hallucinogenic sense, just pure body buzz like a good roll. Music was nice, but isn't it always?

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I wholley cede to this.

I know you do. I don't believe you're stupid. And I suspect you're capable of hitting some sort of equilibrium with your drug use as sensible people generally do, but there are people less capable of regulating themselves.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
<--------- less capable

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 01:07 PM
I respect you knowledge and experience.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
The dosage varies between each 2-c variant. 2-cd is a 40-50 mg dose, but I found that a double dose turns the experience from just nice to amazing. It's less trippy in a hallucinogenic sense, just pure body buzz like a good roll. Music was nice, but isn't it always?

I've only tried 2cd once, but I remember it as being somewhat similar to what you describe. I was fully lucid and no euphoria (other than what was induced by the music itself). I only remember an intense body edge that set in very quickly. sitting still was not an option.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Phenethylamines are not really comparable to amphetamines, no 2C is a replacement for an MD.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 01:22 PM
no 2C is a replacement for an MD.

it is when the idiot who was supposed to bring the E doesn't show up.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Agreed.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I've only tried 2cd once, but I remember it as being somewhat similar to what you describe. I was fully lucid and no euphoria (other than what was induced by the music itself). I only remember an intense body edge that set in very quickly. sitting still was not an option.
Whoa. There comes a point in about every 2ci experience when I just feel like sitting still and listening to music. There is a bit of a body load (I feel like a giant looking down from far above when I'm walking around sometimes). I am pretty lucid during 2ci as well. Sometimes if I took a higher dose, it would get slightly head trippy, but usually I would get more intense visual hallucinations and would want to be away from too much social activity.

I might check into 2cd or 2cb more.

And doughnuts, we have a friend who is more of a "pharmacist" than I could ever be. I'm not so good with science/mathematical equations.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 01:29 PM
2C-E is my favorite of the family.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Phenethylamines are not really comparable to amphetamines, no 2C is a replacement for an MD.
I had a bad experience with mdma comedown last fall (remember how freaky I was here last fall?? anyone??), so I'm starting to prefer how psychedelics tend to clean out my mind, and I feel so refreshed mentally afterwards. I don't always need the mdma high if I'm going to feel really crappy mentally afterwards. And really, I'm more into this for the enhancements it does to music listening.

My problem with rolling at concerts is I can't remember vivid details of my experience, so I'll probably be trying other things this year (I might leave rolling for Saturday because I'm not really into any Saturday bands).

chunk
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
youre an etard and you dont like the rapture?

chunk
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM

i love moderation. cant get enough of it.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Dont start this thread down the drain.

chunk
03-21-2007, 01:39 PM
dont know what that means, but ill stop anyways.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I had a bad experience with mdma comedown last fall (remember how freaky I was here last fall?? anyone??), so I'm starting to prefer how psychedelics tend to clean out my mind, and I feel so refreshed mentally afterwards. I don't always need the mdma high if I'm going to feel really crappy mentally afterwards. And really, I'm more into this for the enhancements it does to music listening.

My problem with rolling at concerts is I can't remember vivid details of my experience, so I'll probably be trying other things this year (I might leave rolling for Saturday because I'm not really into any Saturday bands).

I've come to terms with the lack of recollection during the trip even though I've lost some of my most favorite experiences, most of which have occured during moments in which even a sober person would freak out (in a place that will remain nameless where photos never really work anyway). However, the theraputic mental cleanse is more of what it's suppoed to be about anyway IMO. You could have the sharpest mind on the planet, but if you're a stressed ot and wound up troll all your life then what's the point?

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 01:42 PM
desert fire man.

kreutz2112
03-21-2007, 01:43 PM
kreutz, I thought you were a Mormon?

Why would you think that?

foto_synthesis
03-21-2007, 01:46 PM
X is all fun and games until you accidentally take a couple of 'em that are sprinkled with a bit too much special K. Then you end up in an uber-depression k-hole the next day. Yuck.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 01:47 PM
2-ce is one I've never had the pleasure of trying, but in PIKHAL Shulgin describes it as just being overwhelmingly visual and not much else. Like obscenely visual, to the point where he wasn't just seeing manipulations of real visuals but like a gigantic beating heart in front of him with light shooting out of it and shit. Does this jive with your experience?

2-cd was tense for you, Jack? That wasn't my experience, I recall just laying in bed very still and very content for hours, but of course everything hits everyone differently, and you never know how a different batch will change the effect, but it's also really hard to say how sure you can be that you're definitely getting 2-cd and not something else unless you bought it yourself--I've known so many assholes that were selling one research chemical as another or something else entirely. They bring shame to me and mine.

As far as 2-c's being similar to MDMA, well they are both phenethylamines, and in my experience the sensations can get quite similar. Partly I suppose because I did E long before any of them, so anything empathogen with mildly trippy properties inevitably gets compared to MDMA, but the comparison holds for me. 2-cd feels a lot like the body waves of MDMA, and 2-cb is remarkably reminiscent of candyflipping.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 01:48 PM
K is absolutely disgusting.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 01:50 PM
X is all fun and games until you accidentally take a couple of 'em that are sprinkled with a bit too much special K. Then you end up in an uber-depression k-hole the next day. Yuck.

K in e pills is relatively rare. It still happens sometimes, but generally not since the amount of ketamine required to be act in oral doses would be much more valuable as ketamine than pressed into pills. Also, I never found ketamine to leave me with a depression the day after that I can recall. Disassociatives are relatively mood irrelevant IMO, or at least they make mood irrelevant. =)

But either way, thanks for not claiming that you've had e pills with heroin in them. I get so annoyed when people spread that bullshit.

chunk
03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
are you an alias? im dying to know who you are if so.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 01:56 PM
are you an alias? im dying to know who you are if so.

Who are you asking?

chunk
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
i thought you (lgm) might be another incarnation of somebody else in here who decided to create another name so as to speak more freely about your lifestyle. (for work reasons and what not, maybe)

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
2-ce is one I've never had the pleasure of trying, but in PIKHAL Shulgin describes it as just being overwhelmingly visual and not much else. Like obscenely visual, to the point where he wasn't just seeing manipulations of real visuals but like a gigantic beating heart in front of him with light shooting out of it and shit. Does this jive with your experience?

2-cd was tense for you, Jack? That wasn't my experience, I recall just laying in bed very still and very content for hours, but of course everything hits everyone differently, and you never know how a different batch will change the effect, but it's also really hard to say how sure you can be that you're definitely getting 2-cd and not something else unless you bought it yourself--I've known so many assholes that were selling one research chemical as another or something else entirely. They bring shame to me and mine.

As far as 2-c's being similar to MDMA, well they are both phenethylamines, and in my experience the sensations can get quite similar. Partly I suppose because I did E long before any of them, so anything empathogen with mildly trippy properties inevitably gets compared to MDMA, but the comparison holds for me. 2-cd feels a lot like the body waves of MDMA, and 2-cb is remarkably reminiscent of candyflipping.

I wouldn't say "tense". i used the word intense only because I was a little bit in shock at how quickly i felt it. The edge set in quick (and my stomach was even half-full at the time so I was a little worried about how much I had done and how much more i was going to get) or that it was going to get speedy or something. I remember going outside for air to see just how high I was and and being relieved that I was comfortable, I just had a full on edge going, which was strange without a real mental sensation. I guess towards the end of the night it was fairly mellow.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 02:08 PM
K in e pills is relatively rare. It still happens sometimes, but generally not since the amount of ketamine required to be act in oral doses would be much more valuable as ketamine than pressed into pills. Also, I never found ketamine to leave me with a depression the day after that I can recall. Disassociatives are relatively mood irrelevant IMO, or at least they make mood irrelevant. =)

But either way, thanks for not claiming that you've had e pills with heroin in them. I get so annoyed when people spread that bullshit.

I'm lucky enough to have developed a hatred for K before ever trying it. In college we had a bunch of fucking townies who my roommate was friends with always hanging around and dealing their drugs in my space.
I would come home all the time and not be able to cook anything because they were drying K in my oven. Once i came home drunk and just said fuck it and removed the trayand set it on top of the range and almost came to blows with the asshole who was cooking it. Every time I hear mention of k i remember back to those assholes, and to do any would be like admitting defeat to those fucks.

I don't care about anyone else doing it though.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, 2C-E was visual to the point to where everything in my field of vision was distorting, then new things began to pearce through my field of vision from somewhere ele entirely. That probably is not going to make sense to non-users but I imagine you'll get the general idea. It also has a rather long half-life in comparison to the other 2Cs.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I blame my migranes on the over-exposure to phenethylamines and tryptamines. Im sure they are not related, but it helps me stay away from a life I once knew.

Although It is still fun to visit the land of psilocybin.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Chunk: Nope, I'm a newb. But talking about drugs always gives me a conversational boner. It's probably one of the more passionate parts of my life--sounds sad to some, glorious to me.

Jack: Yeah, you can't hate the drug itself but users are almost inevitably assholes, aren't they? You should've told the douchebags that they could've increased their yield by close to ten percent by not using heat to dry it, just takes a little longer. Then robbed them and sold it. I remember one time when my housemates had come upon close to a whole case of yellow label K for free (they were going to pay for it, but then dude died so it seemed unnecessary) and we ended up with k cooking in the oven, toaster oven, and three microwaves we brought in from neighboring houses. 'Twas a POWERFUL stink.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
I blame my migranes on the over-exposure to phenethylamines and tryptamines. Im sure they are not related, but it helps me stay away from a life I once knew.

Don't you know it's a bad idea to talk shit about your ex? Before you know it you'll be back together and your friends will remember the trash talking.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM

I bet your liver is fucked. Have you ever had a liver function test?

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
You can't get a new liver either. They don't give them to junkies. I can't get one either.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
If my liver go out i'm on the 1st plane to China.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
You can't get a new liver either. They don't give them to junkies. I can't get one either.
You can have part of mine. :)

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks!

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Don't you know it's a bad idea to talk shit about your ex? Before you know it you'll be back together and your friends will remember the trash talking.

Thank god my friends cant remember shit.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I bet your liver is fucked. Have you ever had a liver function test?

Can't say that I have, but liver trouble is not so rare in my family. At the same time, my pops was one of the most exemplary alcoholics on the planet IMO and his liver didn't go out on him until 59. If I reach 59 I'll probably shit myself to death in surprise at the birthday party. If he consumed at least 12 beers a day every day for 40 years I think I have a decent shot. I don't think I show any symptoms to speak of--still process and expel alcohol quite well, good skin coloration. What else to look for?

And I'd somehow manage to get a liver transplant. First, there's no record anywhere that I was once a junkie (no needles, for the record, all up the nose), and second I'm just kinda lucky like that.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Gross.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
This reminds me: once we had some really speedy E, and my face was this horrible greenish-yellow color, and I was fainting all the time near the end of our night. Liver problems? WTF was that about?

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
China has enough livers for all of us. Lets party.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
My guess would be a bad batch, probably not MDMA. Hard to pinpoint which analog, I mean I've never known greenish-yellowish people to be common to one mix, but true MDMA shouldn't be speedy really at all. Probably MDA would be my guess, unless it was something completely off the wall like those BZP and TFMMP or whatever shits I used to see on ecstasydata.org (we'll miss you, ecstasydata) that sounded horrible.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
More than a third of the people who have participated in the poll have said they'll be rolling.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 02:56 PM
My guess would be a bad batch, probably not MDMA. Hard to pinpoint which analog, I mean I've never known greenish-yellowish people to be common to one mix, but true MDMA shouldn't be speedy really at all. Probably MDA would be my guess, unless it was something completely off the wall like those BZP and TFMMP or whatever shits I used to see on ecstasydata.org (we'll miss you, ecstasydata) that sounded horrible.
Well, we figured there had to be some speed/meth/whatever in there. That's the kind the ravers like, no? You can't really dance on pure mdma.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Yellowing of the skin is a sign that your liver is having problems. No lie.

instinct
03-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I can honestly say I don't care for E too much.. I don't really like the way it makes me feel, I don't like doing it at parties (clubs, raves). It's nice once in a while to do it at a house with good friends..

kimery08
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
More than a third of the people who have participated in the poll have said they'll be rolling.

im still trying to decide... i think im leaning more towards the yes.
you are all very informative. thank you.

Courtney
03-21-2007, 03:00 PM

That's true. I think it's because your body is not getting rid of all the toxins it should be.... ewww.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
That's what I figured. We had fun that night, but the fainting/nauseous feeling at the end was really scary.

And kimery, I would try E at home with friends first before you do it in public. Also, my husband and I tried rolling at Nocturnal Wonderland, and my husband got really paranoid, so we had to leave before Infected Mushroom. That was a definite downside of it.

kelliku92
03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I can honestly say I don't care for E too much.. I don't really like the way it makes me feel, I don't like doing it at parties (clubs, raves). It's nice once in a while to do it at a house with good friends..

thats what coachella is like. i also have never been to a rave, doesnt sound appealing to me. but coachella is tops for ecstasy. everyone is wonderful and nice, and not everyone is fucked up. it is really nice to experience that on ecstasy, the variety of music, people and genuine good will towards others.

chunk
03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
ive always noticed (used to) that after maybe two days in a row, the shit just doesnt seem to work as well, if at all. lgm, were you still getting high in the middle of or towards the end of that 60 day binge?

kelliku92
03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
im still trying to decide... i think im leaning more towards the yes.
you are all very informative. thank you.

did ecstasy for my first time at coachella.

IT CHANGED MY LIFE.
seriously.

if ur already leaning towards yes, then i think you would really enjoy yourself

SojuGorae
03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
whos rollin at coachella? =P

Not me.

I stop at weed and coke.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 03:06 PM
That's what I figured. We had fun that night, but the fainting/nauseous feeling at the end was really scary.

And kimery, I would try E at home with friends first before you do it in public. Also, my husband and I tried rolling at Nocturnal Wonderland, and my husband got really paranoid, so we had to leave before Infected Mushroom. That was a definite downside of it.

Im in agreeance with Amy try it home first you dont want to have a bad coachella expierence because you dont know how it will affect you.

Courtney
03-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I'd say that's true for most drugs. Better to try them for the first time in a safe environment, preferably with a friend/lover who's sober and there to remind you to drink water or whatever.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, don't forget to drink water, also eat some fruit, and maybe have a Slimfast/Ensure on hand. It's hard to eat starchy stuff when you're rolling, but it's a good idea to get nutrients in your body (so I've been told).

kimery08
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
oh yea. i will definately try it here before coachella.

instinct
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
ugh.. as i stated earlier.. i am not really that big of fan of mdma, but i really find it hard to believe that it makes your brain swish cheese or you lose your memory.. I've done it about a dozen or so times, I've gone to MANY MANY raves and have known a ton of people that have done or still do MDMA. This is what I've found, people who were retarded to begin with, stay retarded, people who aren't retarded, don't become retarded. I have not noticed any effect on my memory.. In fact, I have a great memory, It might temporarily effect your short term memory, but that will fade away. The real thing you have to worry about is depression a couple of days after (terrible tuesdays). I have never had that problem, but you should be taking 5-HTP before and after you roll.

I really think that MDMA is a great therapeutic drug as well. I have had some really deep conversations that I would not normally talk about without it. If it wasn't for that, I don't think I would ever do MDMA again.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
GHB is good with E. It replaces those nutrients. But only on the comedown and not more than a cap full.

kimery08
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
ghb?

vinylmartyr
Instint I know people that are almost vegetables from taking to much E. It happens.

vinylmartyr
Yes GHB.

instinct

hmmm.. I've heard OF 2-CD, but I don't really know anyone that's every done it, 2-CB and 2-CI are the most popular.. I like 2-CB a lot, but haven't been able to find it lately.. It is way better than MDMA in my opinion.

instinct
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Instint I know people that are almost vegetables from taking to much E. It happens.

how positive are you that it is from MDMA?

Unless they got all their pills tested, it's pretty hard to tell what they/anyone else is really taking. Most street pills are crap anyways.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh man i knew this one guy like 15 years ago and he did e everyday and he turned into a zombie. Clearly E is harmless in large doses.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Amy--I suppose speedy pills are more desirable among the serious dancers of the rave world, but all the club kids I knew liked dopey pills cause they were usually better and speedy pills take so much out of you. But I didn't really associate with tweaky people, so it's hard to say.

Yellow skin is definitely indicative of toxins trapped in the system which is liver trouble, but for it to occur during the roll is weird. Jaundice turns skin yellow but that's when the liver has shut down completely and toxins are flooding the body. For it to happen as fast as Amy describes, wouldn't it have to be more a reaction to the pill than organ failure? I'm not remotely a doctor, of course.

Chunk: Oh shit man, you got no idea. I was still relatively green then, hadn't had any disgusting binges yet, but I'd just discovered e and I was working under some people dishing off Mitsubishis while working on the beach in a resort town in Jersey. They were only costing me 5 a pop and selling for 20, so I quickly realized I could do as much as I fucking wanted so why not do it every night? 2 a night quickly turned into 4 and five a night, and at that dose the comedown the next day is so significant that I said fuck it and started just dosing during the day too to bring my serotonin levels back up. I think I maybe took a couple days off in those 6-8 weeks (hard to be definite about how long this went on for, for obvious reasons) but by the end I was dropping 10 pills and up for a week or so. Some shit went down, I stopped, and didn't get out of bed for a month, no exaggeration. When my levels finally worked their way back up to relatively normal I started dipping back in every once in a while. Only tried to roll that hard again once though, when someone kept giving me free pills all night until we'd necked about 15 each and I was trying to hang out shirtless and sweating profusely in November at a party full of people not on drugs. Then when I came down I couldn't get out of bed for five days again. So now I don't push the 5 pill envelope anymore.

cazzopazzo
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Im thinking of rolling one of the days, but i want to try other things. I was thinking of trying some Acid. I have no experience with acid and i was going to try if first to make sure its not bunk. any suggestions? ...verses shrooms, an E-trip?
cheers

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
an acid dose is so small that you'll have a tough time "tryng" it first. Besides, you generally either trip or you don't. testing it doesn't really work.

The only real solution with acid is to get it from someone you trust and who has done the exact same stuff before.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Fuck LSD, seriously dont do it. So many better items out there. 8 hrs of pure hell. not worth it.

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Im thinking of rolling one of the days, but i want to try other things. I was thinking of trying some Acid. I have no experience with acid and i was going to try if first to make sure its not bunk. any suggestions? ...verses shrooms, an E-trip?
cheers
I like all of those. Acid and shrooms will clear your head out, although there is always the possibility of a bad trip. I haven't had a bad trip yet, although I was really anxious at times on acid--it was like being on a ship in the ocean and feeling seasick. (note: I have never been on a ship in the ocean--this is just how I would imagine it).

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Fuck LSD, seriously dont do it. So many better items out there. 8 hrs of pure hell. not worth it.
You should've been listening to Massive Attack, man. SRSLY.

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
I have dropped so much acid in my life and never really enjoyed it. ever. but thats just my two cents and it really doesn't amount to much anyways.

psilocybin=mmmmmm......fun.

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, we figured there had to be some speed/meth/whatever in there. That's the kind the ravers like, no? You can't really dance on pure mdma.

Wrong.

Only take acid if you're okay with losing your ego. It's kind of a love it or hate it thing.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
When I was younger I loved acid like. Like 19 to 24 it was awesome and I had a great group of friends and we tripped together all the time. It was a blast. I sold it so I had it all the time. I lived in South Carolina which has one of the best climates for mushrooms. We would go pick them straight from the fields and eat them right there fresh. Now that i'm in my 30's I just can't enjoy it the same. I get sketched and paranoid. I would like to do it again someday but I doubt I will. I had a vial a few years back and I just threw it away.

EDIT: I did not throw it away I just never did it and it got lost.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
My friends and I used to do a lot of acid in high school and it was a fucking blast. camping in the snow while tripping your face off is hilarious.

I think most people get over acid early because as people mature their brains and thought patterns become more stable and stagnant. Your mind won't let you trip in the same way you once did because it's too aware of what's going on. That's my belief anyway.

bad acid is a fucking horrible thing. There's nothing worse than sitting there wanting more than anything to just snap out of it and knowing that you're in for what will seem like weeks of torture.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 05:33 PM
http://englishrussia.com/images/canned_thing/1.jpg

xbnmx
03-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Ditto.

instinct
03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
LSD has been my favorite.

Fake Acid is the worst. By far. Worst experience ever.

Barbara, the ninja
03-21-2007, 07:40 PM
lol,

I was getting all excited when I was reading your posts, amy, and then as I scrolled down, everybody was discouraging it, and now I'm torn.

But I'll still try it. I mean, you only live once, right? :) And there's no better place to enjoy it than in Coachella!

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I would not trip at Coachella for your 1st trip. It could be fun or it could be a complete disaster. Trip at home with a friend. I remember the 1st time I dosed. My friends wanted to go to the store to get some cigs and they were like just stay here at the apt but I had to go. I remember walking in the store and I just could not stop giggling. I started hugging this rack of little Debbie snacks and giggling and saying "I love my Little Debbie". They had to pry me off that rack.

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
good god, a first time acid or heavy shroom trip at coachella would be a fuckin nightmare.

vinylmartyr
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I did acid at Coachella in 99 and I had a good time. That was probably the last time I took acid. I did not go Sunday cause I was so cracked out though.

TomAz
03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
I like beer. Beer makes you fat and if you drink too much of it you might feel full or sick but whenever I drink beer I love the world I live in and you know that's not such a bad thing. mmmmmmmmmmmm. beeer.

Balthazar B
03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
So...

who's got the pills ?

elChurro
03-21-2007, 09:22 PM
X is the true Aquarius in the making... evolution. Just don't abuse it.

Surrealkiller
03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
i am not a medical professional, and i hate those who pretend to be ones on the internet. according to the abc news report i mentioned earlier in this thread (the one that debunked the alarmist mtv story early this decade), doctors say your serotonin levels will eventually return to normal with simply a few months of abstinence if you were moderate user. and as other people have said, it was a completely accepted and legal form of therapy. the drug only became officially illegal in the '90's.

Yes, and actually...the FDA is considering allowing the drug to be re-intruduced as a form of therapy. I wish I could find the article again...

But yea, I'm going to be rolling while I am in Cali...but not DURING the concert, it's a very stupid idea to roll while in the hot weather/sun because of the fact that the drug raises your body temp. I don't do it out in a public setting where I won't know everyone because I'm very sensitive to it, it's obvious that I'm on something when I do it. So only at friends houses or afterparties where all my friends are going to be.

Don't do it as much anymore, but I still indulge here and there. I don't have a memory problem from it, at ALL. In fact...my memory is a bit better than it was a few years ago. I did it almost every other week for one year and now only once a month IF that. And I never have problems with memory or depression.

Surrealkiller
03-21-2007, 09:56 PM
cheers

I loooove shrooms.

Never did acid. Don't think I ever will.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-21-2007, 10:01 PM
I wont be Rollin' but I'll be shit twisted on Acid. Ecstasy scares me, mostly because I don't think it'll mix well with the alcohol that ends up in me.

full on idle
03-21-2007, 10:08 PM
hahahahahaa @ this thread

full on idle
03-21-2007, 10:10 PM
and also... "You're the most perfect thread I've ever read"

thelastgreatman
03-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm having some real difficult planning what drugs I'm doing what night this time around. Ecstasy for Friday is hardly even a question--Bjork and Interpol are easy roll choices. Saturday is very blah for me, don't really care about RHCP and Arcade Fire but I'll see them since I'm gonna be there anyway, and Sunday is a struggle to be well dosed for Air and then what for Rage exactly? I dunno. I'm not really that much of a fan and I'm expecting there to be a shitload of asshole metal or rap-rock pseudo-anarchists about. I think I'm probably going to do acid for Rage just on the off chance that they actually do start something riot-esque, not that I really believe that'll ever happen. I just know that tripping through some Woodstock 99 shit would be amazing. So maybe Friday--E, Saturday--shrooms or mescaline, if it shows up, and Sunday--acid?

It's a shame there's too many days to candyflip. I fell so deeply in love with Karen O last year thanks to two hits of e and two hits of 'cid both from Tokyo. Still the most amazing drug experience of my life. But then I got dehydrated, lost a contact, and had my first ever real acid panic while running around trying to find the water signs with only one contact and insane visuals going on. Not fun. Recovered though, and still had enough of a buzz to get ethereal for Maynard.

breakjaw
03-21-2007, 10:15 PM
One time at a Dead show in Vegas in '93(I remember because the first Rage album had just come out)it was windy as hell and a girl asked me to get some L for her and I walked around for a while and found this old biker dude selling from the back gate of an El Camino.I gave him 20 bucks for two hits and as he was handing them to me one blew away and he just looked at me like "That's the breaks" and so I didn't say anything but just stumbled my way back to the car and gave the girl the other one.She looked at it for a second and said "This has bunk written on it" and I said "What's wrong with it" and she handed it to me and sure enough in big block letters on the tiny square it read "BUNK".So I felt like a total schmuck and not even thinking,popped it into my mouth and about 20 minutes later started the most enjoyable,fantastic ride of my entire life,riding down the Strip(someone else driving),seeing gigantic neon skulls and roses,enjoying the first Rage album in an unbelievable way,and eventually getting back to our room at the Mirage and sleeping like a baby,with no ill-effects at all.Biker joke,I guess..

J~$$$
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Its all coming flooding back godamm you liquid Jesus! Orange sunshine and Blue felix, thank you.

jerpar24
03-21-2007, 10:27 PM
You guys should do DMT

full on idle
03-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Breakjaw fucking rules.

Benis23
03-21-2007, 10:45 PM

yeah, ive heard that judgment before. the benefits are really not something you can understand very well until you try it. downside is, ecstacy can fuck up your brain pretty badly.

crazzz2007
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Not me.

I stop at weed and coke.

you make it sound as though e is more hardcore than coke. i don't get people who do coke but draw the line at e.

RockStr4Life
03-22-2007, 12:19 AM
I've never drank at a concert before and I never understood the point really. How would drinking be on Sunday?

Surrealkiller
03-22-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm having some real difficult planning what drugs I'm doing what night this time around. Ecstasy for Friday is hardly even a question--Bjork and Interpol are easy roll choices. Saturday is very blah for me, don't really care about RHCP and Arcade Fire but I'll see them since I'm gonna be there anyway, and Sunday is a struggle to be well dosed for Air and then what for Rage exactly? I dunno. I'm not really that much of a fan and I'm expecting there to be a shitload of asshole metal or rap-rock pseudo-anarchists about. I think I'm probably going to do acid for Rage just on the off chance that they actually do start something riot-esque, not that I really believe that'll ever happen. I just know that tripping through some Woodstock 99 shit would be amazing. So maybe Friday--E, Saturday--shrooms or mescaline, if it shows up, and Sunday--acid?

It's a shame there's too many days to candyflip. I fell so deeply in love with Karen O last year thanks to two hits of e and two hits of 'cid both from Tokyo. Still the most amazing drug experience of my life. But then I got dehydrated, lost a contact, and had my first ever real acid panic while running around trying to find the water signs with only one contact and insane visuals going on. Not fun. Recovered though, and still had enough of a buzz to get ethereal for Maynard.

...damn. You really like to party.

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Wrong.

Only take acid if you're okay with losing your ego. It's kind of a love it or hate it thing.
Why did you quote me on that? I'm totally confused. I have taken and enjoyed acid.

menikmati
03-22-2007, 07:18 AM
i hope to hear a couple different remixes of rollin' and scratchin' specifically MSTRKRFT's

On the bootleg I have, it pretty much sounds like they played the track off the album and left the stage for a while.

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 07:24 AM
You guys should do DMT
My husband TRIED to do this 2 or 3 times. He tried to smoke it, but he's not a smoker (although he has smoked on the rare occasion before), and the chemical/plasticky taste was just too much for him and he couldn't inhale enough. I have never smoked IN MY LIFE, so I'm not trying it if I have to smoke it.

I'm thinking acid or shrooms friday, maybe rolling or candy-flipping Saturday, 2ci Sunday. At the very least, 2ci Sunday for Air & Infected Mushroom.

Someone was saying they wouldn't roll in the heat of the day--yeah, you save your drugs until sunset or after dark. Definitely, NOT in the heat of the day.

Courtney
03-22-2007, 07:26 AM
I have never smoked IN MY LIFE, so I'm not trying it if I have to smoke it.

This is an interesting line to draw. Is there a reason? It seems like pot is much more innocuous than the other drugs you're doing / considering doing.

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 07:28 AM

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 07:29 AM

menikmati
03-22-2007, 07:30 AM
that is pretty horrible reasoning then

Courtney
03-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Personally, I privilege my brain before my lungs. But ya know, that's just me...

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I think smoking is disgusting. My line is drawn at snorting, injecting intravenously, and smoking. I guess I'll just mess up my digestion by taking pills. :)

edited: someday, I might be cajoled into eating pot brownies or something. I've never tried pot.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Someone was saying they wouldn't roll in the heat of the day--yeah, you save your drugs until sunset or after dark. Definitely, NOT in the heat of the day.

i've rolled during the day for the last few coachella's and it hasn't been a problem....i'm just very conscious of drinking bucketloads of water and laying down in the tents for some shade at times...i find the best way is to load up my backpack with as much water as i can fit in it at the start of the day - that way i'm never caught without it...

as for doing acid at coachella - i couldn't even fathom doing that! just waaaayy too much shit going on..i think i'd freak for sure...i only like acid when i'm in a safe secure place, and even then i don't think i'll ever do it again...

i'm curious to hippieflip this year (E + shrooms right? - my lingo skillz are weak)...i've never tried that combo - anyone care to give a good description? i was thinking that might be a great friday night...

overall though doing E at coachella is probably the funnest thing i do every year...the atmosphere of the fest is just perfect for it - shiny happy people (please come REM :)), sunshine, beautiful grass, and an amazingly diverse amount of music makes each day pure bliss...

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Don't forget about your liver. Lungs wont matter much if your liver fails.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 07:51 AM
what's with the liver obsession vinyl? got a little jaundice going on?

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Have you not read this board at all?

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 07:52 AM
I said I am starting to have liver problems cause I did all these drugs.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
oh ya, read it all...

i was just trying to be cheeky, my apologies

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 07:54 AM
But no one cares they are all like la de da E wont hurt me.

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Please continue being cheeky.

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 07:56 AM
I was gonna post pics of livers damaged from drug abuse but I thought it might be a little overKill. They were way gross.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
on a serious note i think that, if taken in moderation and if you take relatively good care of yourself E won't hurt you very much

sure you know some people that got fucked up but i'm guessing they didn't take much care of themselves...i know plenty of people that enjoy rolling fairly often (and have done so for about 5-8 years) and they are fine, quite successful acutally

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Healthy livers probably look way gross too. Like I said, moderation in all things. I don't think I've ever rolled 2 days in a row. I've had up to 4 pills in one night (too much for me) and then maybe rolled again a week later, but that's about as much as I've ever done. If I roll at coach, it will only be for one night.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 08:05 AM
back to the topic of e+shrooms though, i'm truly curious....

is it a perfect combination of the drugs (sensation-wise) or is it a completely unique experience?

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 08:07 AM
I haven't tried any E combo's yet, although acid and E is more interesting to me, since acid makes me anxious. My shrooms experiences have been great--I don't need the E to happy things up.

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 08:08 AM
When I mixed drugs like that I usually am fucked up.

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Sorry i'm in a mood.

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 08:09 AM
When I mixed drugs like that I usually am fucked up.
In a bad way or good way?

bartelby
03-22-2007, 08:13 AM
sounds like a bad way....

cheer up vinyl - coachella's only 36 days away!

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 08:21 AM

jackstraw94086
03-22-2007, 08:40 AM
http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/5glowstick5.gif

bartelby
03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
mmmmmmmmm glowsticks

jackstraw94086
03-22-2007, 08:46 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/5/8/158a361684c8aad75ba26265d2afbf10.gif

jackstraw94086
03-22-2007, 08:47 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/b/8/fb87949a22e2d62f09abaf4a67886c35.gif

ediger
03-22-2007, 08:48 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/b/8/fb87949a22e2d62f09abaf4a67886c35.gif

that looks about right..

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
One time I tried to snort mushrooms. It does not quite work the same.

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I was bored.

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 08:51 AM

jackstraw94086
03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/4/e/34e51efa46ac64cbad5f2fb247a941c9.gif

jackstraw94086
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/6/f/26fc17b29b6ee64bbf78263bcad318ff.gif

nothingman00
03-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Ecstasy = MDMA = methylenedioxymethamphetamine (Pay attention to that last part.)

With repeated use, MDMA fucks with your serotonin receptors, which is what regulates mood amongst other things. Besides fucking with your brain, it also treats your body just the way that METH does, which means your teeth can rot, you can have muscular-skeletal damage, and a host of other problems.

If you do it a couple times in your life (like, under 10 pills) it's nothing really to worry about... But over that you can really start having problems... (I've been sober for about 4 years now, but before that I did around 30 pills in about 2 years and got pretty fucked-up.)

Have fun, but be careful, as with anything.

Sorry, but it's a drug thread and I'll chime in here. I did around 15-20 pills (the caplets or wafers, not these compressed pieces of shit that go around now) in a week, for several weeks straight, of pure MDMA, and I'm fine now. I never sought it out but just happened to live with someone who dealt a lot of X. This was back in 1996-97 and I know there's a lot more filler in every tab than there was back then. We got the powder, capped it up into geltab looking capsules (we'd choose the colors based on seasons, believe it or not, so we'd have red and greens for Christmas and Blue & whites for the summer)... Anyway, today's X is not even 50% MDMA and what you end up getting are a bunch of fillers, and then a speed or heroin based tab. The fillers help the pill bind, as pure MDMA is not a "pressable" substance. About as close as you can get to pressing pure MDMA or even MDA were the old "chocolate chip wafers" which still needed some binding ingredients. Yes, X today is pretty fuckin harmful because you're oftentimes getting a lot of the by-products from the actual making of meth, combined with adderall, ritalin, dexadrine (if you're lucky) and such... Then again, if you know the chemist, maybe you're getting quality. Point: pure MDMA is nice, speed-based "pressed" tabs of X are horrible. They are not even in the same arena...

breakjaw
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
From MDMA.NU:

Candyflipping
The term "candyflipping" (or "candy-flip") refers to the combination of LSD (acid) and MDMA (Ecstasy). Combining these drugs properly is a tricky task, however, and not recommended for inexperienced drug users. Normally, the content on mdma.nu focuses on facts backed by hard scientific data. In this case, however, we have asked a friend an experienced candy-flipper (who wishes to remain anonymous) to describe what he/she knows. His/her text is below. If you have experiences of your own to relate, please contact us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proper Candyflipping
by Dr. Anonymous
How can I possibly describe how candyflipping has enhanced my life over the years? No words would be sufficient. Done properly, a candyflip captures all the profound wonder of LSD, coupled with the confidence, poise, and spiritual opening of MDMA. It is a truly a wonderful gift, but allow me to warn you ahead of time that it's pretty difficult to do right, and requires a lot of planning and forethought, even more than acid does by itself.

Normally one should never try to combine two drugs, especially two as powerful as acid and E. Candyflipping doesn't just refer to the combination of the two; it refer to using them in a staggered method that produces an entirely unique effect that is unlike either of the drugs by themselves. So first of all, never take acid and E at the same time, or even within an hour or two of each other! This will produce a sort of drunken intoxication which you might find fun (or you might find unpleasant, like me), but in either case it does not qualify as candyflipping.

Candyflipping requires that the relative "peak" times of the two drugs (from the 1hr mark to the 3hr mark with E, and from the 1hr mark to the 4h mark with acid) do not overlap. You can theoretically do it in either order, but I (and friends of mine) have always done it with acid first, E later. The most important thing to know, that I have deduced by careful (and sometimes unpleasant) experimentation:

Take your E exactly four (4) hours after taking your acid!

Why is this so important?

Well, if you take your E early (like say, after 3 hours) your acid peak won't be done yet, and the drugs end up sort of fighting for control of your brain. This is not a very fun sensation; you end up feeling lethargic and sort of light-headed. You may come out of it after an hour or two, but you will have missed the "candyflip" and will be just left feeling like you took a lot of drugs, and sometimes slightly spacey depending on the person. (Editor's Note: Not everyone agrees about this; one person sent a comment saying that they don't get much effect doing it this way, but they have a "brilliant" time when they take a low dose of MDMA about 45 minutes before ingesting LSD.)

If you take the E late (say, after 5 hours) you'll get a similar effect as taking your E too early, but probably not as strong. After 45 minutes or so it will clear up and you'll find that you're just rolling from the E, and it's not much like you took two drugs at all, more that you just took one after the other.

Another important thing is dosage. Taking less acid causes it to come on more slowly, and as a result taking your E at the four hour mark may actually be too early. Taking a lot of acid works great as long as you can handle it :) but in this case you may want to take your E a slightly earlier, say at T+3:45. Generally I just recommend a normal dose, 3 hits of standard blotter paper, but again there's nothing wrong with more as long as you can handle it.

With E, you probably want to take a minimal dosage, or else it will just overpower the acid and you'll be rolling (not a bad thing, but you'll miss out on the candyflip). If you have a batch of pills and you normally take 1.5 pills to roll, then probably try either 1.5 or 1 pill. In a nutshell, it's better to err slightly on the side of a low dose than on the side of high.

The Candyflip Effect

I like candyflipping all around better than any other drug (or drug combination) because in many ways it is very close to being sober as far as your mental state, but it allows you to access all the really excellent effects of acid (music sounds great, sense of profoundness, insightfulness) and E (poise, confidence, self-love and love for others) without the downsides (the "confusion" and scariness of acid, the running-around-hugging-everyone effect of E).

The candyflip moment, as I think of it, is about half an hour after you take your E. The acid confusion seems to lift off of you like a heavy fog suddenly dissipating. The room suddenly seems more open (this is very dramatic if you're someplace with a high ceiling). You are suddenly instilled with a sense wonder and awe at the amazing things our world has to offer, a feeling that you have power over your own destiny, and a sense of purpose to do the things that are important to you. And there is an incredible feeling that something profound and important is about to happen.

Watching someone who is in the midst of a successful candyflip is pretty cool, too. Their entire demeanor gains a perfect confidence, without the slightest hint of arrogance. Their skin seems to glow. The eyes are probably the most dramatic: they grow wide and bright, like those of a child, but wiser.

My favorite candyflip activity is looking at a powerful laser and listening to really good trance coming out of big speakers, but that's just me. :)

Health Stuff

I guess I should mention this since it's going onto this website. Basically, candyflipping is one of the more rigorous drug experiences you can have, especially if you do it at a party. The entire thing lasts a really long time (9 or 10 hours total) and you expend a lot of resources. I make sure to sleep in super late the day before I am going to make a candyflip, and dose myself with lots of vitamins in the previous week. Then I make sure I don't have anything making demands on my time in the next day or two following the candyflip so that I can sleep as much as I need (which usually isn't all that much, but sometimes it is).

So, to summarize - this is a really awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone. Just be sure that you are prepared (both mentally and physically), have a good setting to do it in, have your drugs pretested and in proper dosages. By "pretested" I don't just mean that you've done the EZ-Test on them, I mean that you have tried them before in a controlled environment so that you're not only sure of what they are, but how much you should take. You also should not attempt it until you are fairly familiar with both LSD and MDMA (like, you've used each at least four or five times). And don't forget: four hours! Use a stopwatch so that you do not mistake the proper time to take your E.

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 09:00 AM

Natelevmofuggaz
03-22-2007, 09:03 AM
That shit puts holes in your brain.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 09:04 AM
"I like candyflipping all around better than any other drug (or drug combination) because in many ways it is very close to being sober as far as your mental state, but it allows you to access all the really excellent effects of acid (music sounds great, sense of profoundness, insightfulness) and E (poise, confidence, self-love and love for others) without the downsides (the "confusion" and scariness of acid, the running-around-hugging-everyone effect of E).

The candyflip moment, as I think of it, is about half an hour after you take your E. The acid confusion seems to lift off of you like a heavy fog suddenly dissipating. The room suddenly seems more open (this is very dramatic if you're someplace with a high ceiling). You are suddenly instilled with a sense wonder and awe at the amazing things our world has to offer, a feeling that you have power over your own destiny, and a sense of purpose to do the things that are important to you. And there is an incredible feeling that something profound and important is about to happen.

Watching someone who is in the midst of a successful candyflip is pretty cool, too. Their entire demeanor gains a perfect confidence, without the slightest hint of arrogance. Their skin seems to glow. The eyes are probably the most dramatic: they grow wide and bright, like those of a child, but wiser.

My favorite candyflip activity is looking at a powerful laser and listening to really good trance coming out of big speakers, but that's just me."

i'm so fucking sold

TheGunslinger138
03-22-2007, 09:12 AM
I heard it makes your spinal fluid run backwards.

When this post started yesterday, it was the 3 year anniversary of the last time I took E. My intension is to never again. I know, I know. WHO GIVES A FUCK?

And PsyGuyRy, I swear you remind me of a dude I went to college with.

chunk
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
i heard it makes you like daft punk.

amyzzz
03-22-2007, 09:16 AM
God, that sounds awesome. My husband tried candyflipping once last year 2nd day coachella, and I THINK he took the E first, and a half tab of acid later. He had a great time. While I was buying us T-shirts after Massive Attack, he was sitting by that fountain sculpture thing staring at a dead moth and wondering over its beauty.

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 09:18 AM

bartelby
03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
from http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/1028/flips.html

Hippy Flipping...

The combination of Magic Mushrooms and ecstacy. The correct way to do this is to take the ecstacy and on the 4th hour of the ecstacy you eat the mushrooms. The mushrooms bring the e back on in full force. The body tingle turns into a deep buzzing and it can be a very liquifying experience. Also, the ecstacy gives one the ability to dance more than one would have if one had just taken the mushrooms.

sounds FUN

vogina
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
When RadioHead played in San Diego for two days, me and my buddies hippie flipped. Took some shrooms, popped some pills. It was an out of this world experience. Then we smoked probably the most I have ever smoked since then.. It mellowed out the brain..

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 10:01 AM
All this shit sounds so redic now.

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 10:03 AM

bartelby
03-22-2007, 10:05 AM
lol

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
I remember taking all these mushrooms we had just picked. We were in Charleston Sc and we were climping up on the roof tops and hoping them. It started raining and I was tripping pretty hard and I stood on the edge oh this 6 story building and kind posed like that christ statue in Rio. Now that I can reflect back on it what the fuck was I thinking. That was just stupid. Thats how people die.

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
One time I took all this acid and rode my bike off this outdoor amphitheatre stage. I wrecked pretty bad. It was pretty stupid. I tried riding down this huge hill on my skateboard with a friend and he wrecked in front of me and I went flying over him and landed on my feet. It was awesome but really dumb.

Courtney
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
I remember taking all these mushrooms we had just picked. We were in Charleston Sc and we were climping up on the roof tops and hoping them. It started raining and I was tripping pretty hard and I stood on the edge oh this 6 story building and kind posed like that christ statue in Rio. Now that I can reflect back on it what the fuck was I thinking. That was just stupid. Thats how people die.

Did you shout "I am a golden god!" and then jump into a pool?

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
It was way before that movie came out.

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 10:20 AM

thelastgreatman
03-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow, lot to weigh in on here.

Amy--Do you plan on definitely having 2-ci for the fest? If so, we need to talk. Mutually beneficial exchanges?

Candyflipping--Huh, I'd never heard that theory before about staggering when you take them. Maybe that'll be something to try for this year, 'cause the times I've done it I just dropped two of each at the same time. The one time I did that at Coachella it magnified both incredibly, but did become a bit overwhelming at one point, possibly mostly because I hadn't had any water in well over an hour and my legs were about to give out on me and there were crowds marching into us, et cetera. It's still probably my favorite trip of them all, and DEFINITELY the best for music.

Hippieflipping--Did this a couple times too, but it's a bit trickier to get a big response out of because I have an unusually high shroom tolerance. I usually eat at least a quarter to get a decent trip, which isn't such a good idea when flipping 'cause shrooms and e together can be powerfully nauseating. They combined well enough, though not quite as seamlessly as acid and e. I remember just hanging out in my room one night watching episode after episode of The X-Files, and coming away with one very profound thought--look out for the sky, man.

Hey guys, why don't we start some kind of psychoactives collective for the concert? Anybody else here onsite camping? Let's pool our resources and fuck our brains.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
that sounds like fun....sadly, we're not camping though

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I will be doing my best to avoid all tripping people. It mostly annoys me now.

bartelby
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
also, i have no connection for acid in the states - more sadness.....

PsyGuyRy
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM

bartelby
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Vinyl, no offence dude but you're a bit of a buzzkill today...I understand you've had or are having it rough but we're just excited to have a bit of fun....

vinylmartyr
03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
sorry