PDA

View Full Version : Campgrounds close at 10am Monday

blacklite
03-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I read the little pamphlet they gave us with our wristbands and apparently the campgrounds close at 10 am rather than 12 pm on the Monday after the fest. I have to say I'm a little annoyed. It's true my group usually leaves decently early but when the whole of the campgrounds are going to need to leave early I imagine a huge clusterfuck to get out of there. Not to mention having to deal with the Monday morning hangover that I will also be dealing with. Anyways.. Im curious to see what others think about this.

arandomshape
03-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Keeping in mind they are probably giving themselves some working time, 12 is probably the latest they want anyone there.

There is no avoiding the clusterfuck, just keep cool and take that coachella love home with you.

blazin
03-03-2012, 04:24 PM
No one is going to point a gun at you and demand that you leave the premises immediately without packing up your belongings. If you are up and moving about by 10, you won't have any issues.

Mugwog
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Leave at 4am like a beast.

MondayBox
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
It's probably cause it's spread through out two weekends. They have very little time to clean everything and set up for next week.

AgainstFeist
03-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Leave at 4am like a beast.

Yikes. To many waves and tracers that time of night.

untzcrate
03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
It's probably cause it's spread through out two weekends. They have very little time to clean everything and set up for next week.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

billtino
03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
2pm Polo Match. gtfo hippies!!!

Goatchella
03-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Like when you way your hung over friends to show up at noon, you tell them to be there no later than ten am. They show up at 1.

DirtyPistol
03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I bet they are just trying to get people moving by 10am. The on-site camping rules from this site still says the campground closes at noon on Monday.

http://www.coachella.com/travel-lodging/on-site-camping

McDunnough
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Don't think there should be any need to worry. If you're that hung over you can just kick back and wait it out while the masses of cars clear the camp site. From my experience in 2010, the campgrounds were nearly empty by 11 am. My neighbors on side who had come from Australia bailed by about 9 am, while the group of boring shitbags camping on the other side actually left on Sunday night.

katekohnen
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Keeping in mind they are probably giving themselves some working time, 12 is probably the latest they want anyone there.

There is no avoiding the clusterfuck, just keep cool and take that coachella love home with you.

well put

Doses_On_Sunday#K.C.
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Don't think there should be any need to worry. If you're that hung over you can just kick back and wait it out while the masses of cars clear the camp site. From my experience in 2010, the campgrounds were nearly empty by 11 am. My neighbors on side who had come from Australia bailed by about 9 am, while the group of boring shitbags camping on the other side actually left on Sunday night.
Boring and they left on Sunday? Who would have guessed!

billtino
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM

I was one of the last people to leave Lot 10 the clusterfuck year. That was close to 2pm, but that was because my ride left Sunday & came back to pick us up. Without all the other cars & tents to block the wind, my Kmart 10x10 canopy got ripped to shreds. Good times...