PDA

View Full Version : Local Music Reviews in Paper

canexplain
03-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Is this just a local issue (Denver Boulder) or is this a trend now across the US it used to be after a show, not even just the major ones like Floyd, Sting, etc) there were numerous reviews of the show the night before it usually said how the reporter had to leave before the show was over so he/she could make the paper deadline now there are never reviews for shows here in the paper, and usually not even online anywhere my guess is if it is nationwide, it is because of cost the papers thinking that gardening or something is wanted more then music reviews just wondering on a Wednesday morning after the TVOTR show cr*****

codytwo
03-21-2007, 09:26 AM
In Seattle, they give live reviews BEFORE the concert, and tell you whether to go or not. And it seems they usually only say something afterwards if it was exceptional one way or another. Doesn't Denver or Boulder have an "alternative" paper or something?

amyzzz
03-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I remember reading a review in the Arizona Republic back in 1992 or 1993 for the Curve show I went to the night before. I don't think I've seen any reviews since (but I stopped getting the paper 6 years ago).

jackstraw94086
03-21-2007, 09:38 AM
show reviews are common in SF. They're almost always irrititating.

canexplain
03-21-2007, 09:50 AM
In Seattle, they give live reviews BEFORE the concert, and tell you whether to go or not. And it seems they usually only say something afterwards if it was exceptional one way or another. Doesn't Denver or Boulder have an "alternative" paper or something?

the do have a local rag, but like another post here, they tell you who is coming and why you should go but not afterwards ... cr****