PDA

View Full Version : THE DOME! possibly BACK!

iGz89
02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know if Goldenvoice is already setting up the stages at the Polo Fields? I know I'll get shit for this but a friend of a friend, Nader Elwan, posted this on February 25th on his facebook. It's his cover photo. Both of these people are music major graduates and do stagehand work for almost every Southern California music festival especially Coachella. I've even helped out one of them during Coachella 2010.

Mugwog
02-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Dome is always appreciated

werner12123
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
They dont start set-up until the weekend before the fest, and at that point its mostly fencing off areas n' stuff. There's a polo season going on right now that ends the weekend before Coachella. I worked there for two years.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-29-2012, 08:59 AM
A better thread title would have been "Here's a picture of what appears to be part of a dome with no date or other information to make it relevant."

SeantheJeweler
02-29-2012, 09:21 AM
I guess we can all HOPE! That would definitely up the EDM quality level if they have similar acts to last year!

NachoCat
02-29-2012, 09:42 AM
A better thread title would have been "Here's a picture of what appears to be part of a dome with no date or other information to make it relevant."

Dream Crusher.

GuyInTucson
02-29-2012, 10:28 AM
I am willing to bet there is some form of a dome there this year but it won't be run by Pure Filth and - unless they are spreading the set times apart by still having a dome as an official stage - it won't have any of the artists from the poster. It will be a Do Lab / Heineken Dome type stage with acts who aren't on the lineup. This may not be a bad thing considering the Do Lab and Heineken Dome had acts like DJ Dan, Donald Glaude, Dirty Vegas and Lee Burridge last year.

M Sparks
02-29-2012, 10:37 AM
I am willing to bet there is some form of a dome there this year but it won't be run by Pure Filth and - unless they are spreading the set times apart by still having a dome as an official stage - it won't have any of the artists from the poster. It will be a Do Lab / Heineken Dome type stage with acts who aren't on the lineup.

Kind of like the dome every other year they had a dome.

GuyInTucson
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Kind of like the dome every other year they had a dome.

Pretty much... except 2010.

BROKENDOLL
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Dome is always appreciated
LOL But, can you still dance afterwards?

waltermakesmusic
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Hope it comes back! All the late Night Freaks and tweaks hang out there. Was pretty interesting seeing everyone tripping together lol.

fredbull
02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
I really wish the dome comes back in the style of 2009.... It was my first year and i have such great memories of the dome that year..

Douchey.McDouche.Douche.
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
please don't get my hopes high for something that wont happen.

Bons222000
02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
I really wish the dome comes back in the style of 2009.... It was my first year and i have such great memories of the dome that year..

Ohh man bringing back the 2009-style dome would be a dream come true.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Anything's Possible

Redlight89
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
A little convo with Sam Robson on Facebook:

Me:
So what is Pure Filth Sound?

Sam:
New Live act...LP dropping soon;-)

Me:
oh word, so the dome isnt coming back this year huh?

Sam:
No Dome this year but big tings coming for 2013...we do have a couple of surprise shows in the works tho during the week of Coachella;-)

...This saddens me....

RageAgainst
03-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Me:

Sam:

Me:

Sam:
No Dome this year but big tings coming for 2013...we do have a couple of surprise shows in the works tho during the week of Coachella;-)

...This saddens me....

Sad yes but expected...also good news to hear about this new "live act" i wonder what that means and which artists are involved. The shows between coachella tho will be going offf!

weezy f baby
03-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Me:

Sam:

Me:

Sam:

...This saddens me....

surprises = Sub Focus at the Music Box and Nero at Club Nokia. I was hoping for more along the lines of Joy Orbison and Ramadanman but whatevz. I'll take it.

Natelevmofuggaz
03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
The dome was one of the best things about Coachella the past few years. It makes me very sad that it won't be there this year.

:'(

algunz
03-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I believe there is a structure that resembles the dome that is near the polo fields year round. Just sayin'.