PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't car camping sold out for weekend #1?

prettydirtything
02-26-2012, 11:30 AM
1. increased capacity
2. reduction in scalpers

I would be curious if they increased capacity somehow? The experience is quite a bit different if you get a spot close to the entrance.... It makes you much more eager to pop back to your tent for a bit and a beer etc. Some folks had to TREK last year, a long way though dusty fields etc. Since we were close, I could run back to my tent whenever to take merch back, grab beers, or meet friends...and it was a short stroll across uninterrupted grass. In comparison, last year I recall car camping selling out almost instantly....

Wild guesses anyone?

Wonderbot
02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Because you can't buy a car camping pass without a festival pass

Stickjohn
02-26-2012, 12:19 PM
I've been wondering about this too. Weekend 2 camping sold out and I would guess the capacity is the same, and clearly Weekend 1 was the preferred weekend during the presale. So maybe the veterans and die-hards buying Weekend 1 during the presale were more likely to stay at a condo or hotel?

Wonderbot
02-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I think they bought tickets without camping passes either due to lack of funds or that's all they were worried about. Everyone focused on tickets. So then without tickets, you can't get camping passes and so...

Stickjohn
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
maybe, but anyone who bought Weekend 1 and later wanted to add car camping could do so - it's still being promoted on the website. Maybe there are just a couple hundred camping spots still available and it's statistically irrelevant.

vertin
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Many weekend 1 tickets were scalped. So all those scalped tickets can buy car camping if the ticket owner/scalper wants to. Not smart to buy car camping tickets because people will use hotel instead...Also only 1 car camping per household so that limits it too...

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Also you need to sell car camping with the GA ticket. Weekend 2 = real people Weekend 1 = scalp city.

PepeO
02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
As any argument regarding different purchasing rules is null because week 2 did sell out. The reason is quite simple. Uppity people who are worried about 'sloppy seconds' and having a snowflake Coachella experience bought week 1 tickets(Even Though Coachella is such a slut it doesn't matter) and uppity people are too uppity to camp!! So week 1 has more uppity hotel people...and week 2 will have more party campers!!! I don't care cause I'm going with a group of people who are all veteran campers...

shoegazer76
02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Watchu talkin bout uppity people! OH WE GONNA BE UP ALRIGHT! WKND 1 GONNA WEAR DOWN THAT GRASS FO YO ASS!

moxie990
02-27-2012, 03:18 PM
shit, if that's the case them I'm even happier I'm with weekend 1! If all the "uppity" people got hotels and everyone who failed to buy a ticket and needed to scalp one and therefore couldn't get camping ... that means the only people left are the die hards that planned ahead and bought camping with their passes back in the presale (for the most part). Should be a good group of people!

Goatchella
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm going to focus on shredding the grass.

Just because these assholes are calling week 1 weak ones

PepeO
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Exactly!!! I think most people are happy with their purchases. I think both weekends are gonna rock! But ya'll got to give your opinions on why you think car camping didn't sell out for week 1 and that is my opinion. Week 1 is full of uppity folk who are too weak to camp, and that's fine some people aren't into it and that is understandable. I personally bought my tickets for weekend 2 along with my 20 camping buddies during the presale because of me and my gf's work/school schedule.

Goatchella
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Cool. I hope the campgrounds have extra space and

I goin to burn out all over the grass and spell my name with dishsoap

PepeO
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
WTF? jajajaa

blueduck
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
i wouldnt want to camp weekend 2 after everyone pukes, poops, and leaves all kinds of fluids in that grass.

Mugwog
02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Because. It is what it is.

Jankypirate
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
lol

tchuess
02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
As any argument regarding different purchasing rules is null because week 2 did sell out. The reason is quite simple. Uppity people who are worried about 'sloppy seconds' and having a snowflake Coachella experience bought week 1 tickets(Even Though Coachella is such a slut it doesn't matter) and uppity people are too uppity to camp!! So week 1 has more uppity hotel people...and week 2 will have more party campers!!! I don't care cause I'm going with a group of people who are all veteran campers...

LOL@thinking 'camping' in a parking lot in Indio is actual camping. Are you going BASE jumping off the bumper of your car too?

Mugwog
02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Well yeah bro
Everyone knows the woods have hot showers available from 6am-2pm and 9pm-2am

Goatchella
02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Crackshacking

Coachella car crackshacking

I am an eaglesprout.
I have Every merit badge and crackshacking is my specialty.

billtino
02-28-2012, 09:03 AM
i wouldnt want to camp weekend 2 after everyone pukes, poops, and leaves all kinds of fluids in that grass.

You do know you are camping on horse shit right?

PepeO
02-28-2012, 09:33 AM
LOL@thinking 'camping' in a parking lot in Indio is actual camping. Are you going BASE jumping off the bumper of your car too?

That's exactly what I said! Oh, troll, Jesus Loves You. I just like to camp for various reasons, it being a genuine camping experience is definitely not one of them.

PepeO
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
You do know you are camping on horse shit right?

LOL!! I love how people act like there are no other festivals except for Coachella...there are plenty of festivals held there during the season. Coachella is a skank...my kinda skank.

billtino
02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
^ Exactly my point. And when there are no festivals at the Polo Grounds, they are playing Polo on the Polo grounds. Everyone is worried about the puke, vomit, and fluids from the week before when the rest of the year it's a horse's playground...Relax, it will be ok everyone.

Goatchella
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
The grass will die. I will help it

PepeO
02-28-2012, 10:32 AM
While you are remembering what is done. I will be partying on the green fields.

tchuess
02-28-2012, 10:40 AM
While you are remembering what is done. I will be partying on the green fields.

While you are waking up in human excrement every morning, I will be at the spa getting a massage.

shoegazer76
02-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Not a single blade of grass will be spared weekend 2! Heed my word!

Goatchella
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Hahaha for years I have clowned on all the campers.

At the resort, with a spa inside my room, DVD player, flat screen, AC, room service, comfy beds, champagne, lavish drugs ect.

All that has been done, the Westin, Aria, Harrahs ect....
Gonna see what's up with the nasty ass campgrounds this year.

Gonna fuck that grass up baydddd

blueduck
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_horse_poop_edible

ericka
03-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I live on 50th so therefore i will not camp =)
i just had to.... :dumbo