PDA

View Full Version : If RHCP setlist contained...

rage patton
03-20-2007, 11:52 PM
If the Chili Peppers setlist contained material almost entirely from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and earlier, would you be more interested in seeing them?
It seems most people on here dont actually hate RHCP, they just hate thier last few albums.
So I think it will be interesting to find out.

ficklecycle
03-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I would still skip em.

rage patton
03-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Interesting results so far...
I should have made this a public poll though.
Do people mind putting what they voted? Im just curious as to who thinks what.
I put: Doesnt matter. They put on a great live show.
Because they really do have a great live show. Although I do wish they played more stuff from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and earlier, thier live show is still great.
And even if I hadnt seen them live before, I would say it doesnt matter.

summerkid
03-21-2007, 12:53 AM
If they don't play suck my kiss I will be so fucking pissed.

Boourns
03-21-2007, 01:26 AM
I'd like to hear a lot off Blood Sugar Sex Magic and older stuff. Oh, and maybe a track or two from One Hot Minute.

planeteer13
03-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Hopefully they just play every song they have ever recorded.

GaragePoet
03-21-2007, 05:09 AM
I would be happy hearing at least one song from "Mother's Milk." I think "Knock Me Down" would be a great song live.

menikmati
03-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Sir Psycho Sexy

brycerosen
03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
i perfer earlier stuff but anything off californication or by the way would be just fine.

brycerosen
03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Sir Psycho Sexy

i would spluge in my pants

menikmati
03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Here are a couple setlists from their current tour. Pretty run of the mill and weak in my opinion. Hopefully they would pull something a little more special at Coachella.

01. Intro Jam
02. Can't Stop
03. Dani California
04. Scar Tissue
05. Charlie
06. Havana Affair
07. 21st Century
08. Throw Away Your Television
09. Blood Sugar Sex Magik
10. Maybe (John)
11. Snow (Hey Oh)
12. Nobody Weird Like Me
13. Stadium Arcadium
14. Right On Time
15. C'mon Girl
16. Californication
17. By The Way
18. Chad's drum solo
19. I Could Have Lied
20. Give It Away > Outro Jam

01. INTRO JAM
02. CAN'T STOP
03. DANI CALIFORNIA
04, SCAR TISSUE
05. CHARLIE
06. FORTUNE FADED
07. 21ST CENTURY
08. THROW AWAY YOUR TELEVISION
09. BLOOD SUGAR SEX MAGIK
10. BOYZ-N-THE_HOOD / WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW
11. SNOW (HEY OH)
12. FLEA STORY
13. ME AND MY FRIENDS
14. DON'T FORGET ME
15. WARLOCKS
16. C'MON GIRL
17. CALIFORNICATION
18. BY THE WAY
19. CROWD
20. DRUMS
21. I COULD HAVE LIED
22. GIVE IT AWAY
23. JAM

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-21-2007, 08:32 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

whynotsmile99
03-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Did anyone here really love By The Way? I think that was the Peppers most accomplished work yet. I don't care for their new one much, but By the way IMO is a great fucking album

summerkid
03-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Did anyone here really love By The Way? I think that was the Peppers most accomplished work yet. I don't care for their new one much, but By the way IMO is a great fucking album

I hate By the Way and I'm sorry i usually don't jump on people like this, but no way, no way is By the Way better than Blood Sugar Sex Magik or Mother's Milk. Doesn't even come close to touching those two.

ashtraygrl
03-21-2007, 11:08 AM
RHCP is really the only band i can think of that i lost -complete- interest in after liking a fairly great deal earlier. i used to love them pre&during "bssm". i liked a few songs from "one hot minute". californication and after is where they lost me. scar tissue was an alright song, but it got played out really quick. that's another thing, sometimes a single of theirs will come out and i'll think "hey, this one isn't so bad" and by the 3rd time i hear it, i don't care for it anymore. it's as if their songs lost staying power.

all that being said, i still think when you take everything into account, they are a group of very talented people and they play great together. i just wish i liked anything they put out in the last 10 years. heh

summerkid
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
they got old and mellowed out and lost their edge it happens unfortunately.

PassiveTheory
03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
It's because Anthony Kieldis fell in love and there's just NO angst to his lyrics anymore... I mean, even By The Way had it's really good songs (I love that album second only to Californication), but I picked up Stadium Arcadium, listened through it 3 times, and haven't touched it since... =/

Boourns
03-21-2007, 03:28 PM
They don't even play "Under the Bridge" anymore? Okay, that's it, fuck the Chili Peppers. Even if nobody I want to see is playing against them, I won't be watching.

rage patton
03-21-2007, 04:49 PM
They don't even play "Under the Bridge" anymore? Okay, that's it, fuck the Chili Peppers. Even if nobody I want to see is playing against them, I won't be watching.

They seem to play Under The Bridge on select dates. I figured that out when I was lookin at setlists of thiers last year.
Usually they were all for festivals or dates in California.
Coachella meets both standards.
If they dont play Under The Bridge, I will be extremely disapointed.

MiamiNate
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
real talk. I'm happy to hear californication and under the bridge. they're a great band but I don't have any of their cds. those two songs will make me a happy camper.

Natelevmofuggaz
03-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Here are a couple setlists from their current tour. Pretty run of the mill and weak in my opinion. Hopefully they would pull something a little more special at Coachella.

01. Intro Jam
02. Can't Stop
03. Dani California
04. Scar Tissue
05. Charlie
06. Havana Affair
07. 21st Century
10. Maybe (John)
11. Snow (Hey Oh)
12. Nobody Weird Like Me
13. Stadium Arcadium
14. Right On Time
15. C'mon Girl
16. Californication
17. By The Way
18. Chad's drum solo
19. I Could Have Lied

01. INTRO JAM
02. CAN'T STOP
03. DANI CALIFORNIA
04, SCAR TISSUE
05. CHARLIE
06. FORTUNE FADED
07. 21ST CENTURY
11. SNOW (HEY OH)
12. FLEA STORY
13. ME AND MY FRIENDS
14. DON'T FORGET ME
15. WARLOCKS
16. C'MON GIRL
17. CALIFORNICATION
18. BY THE WAY
19. CROWD
20. DRUMS
21. I COULD HAVE LIED
22. GIVE IT AWAY
23. JAM

What a horrible set list.

woogie846
03-21-2007, 05:25 PM
What a horrible set list.

srsly.

ashtraygrl
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
i wish they'd play breaking the girl. :/

joebizz
03-21-2007, 05:57 PM
The chili's were a groundbreaking band. I stress WERE. B.S.S.M was the last anything good came out of them. I am amazed that every music magazine insists Stadium Arcadium is some how a genius album. I f'n sucks! I would rather listen to fall out boy than the new album, and I want to strangle fall out boy.

Somewhat Damaged
03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I know I'm probably going to catch a bit of their set but I'm not sticking around to hear the few songs I'm interested in, so I'll probably be pretty disappointed with the portion that I do see. (Of those two setlists posted above, not once are there two songs in a row that I'd be interested in hearing.) Same thing happened with Depeche Mode last year -- walked over from Sahara and heard two songs that were extremely slow and that I was in no way familiar with, so I headed to the bathroom before waiting for Daft Punk.

Patsonhisway
03-21-2007, 10:31 PM
BloodSugarSexMagik is a great album. In my top 5 for sure. It got me into playin' the g-tar and i like every song off it. After that its all hit and miss. They produced are a few tracks i dont mind and some that make me wish i had no ears.

menikmati
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
those setlists are :poo

ediger
03-22-2007, 09:17 AM
how large will this fuck the Peppers bandwagon grow? Form your own opinions, assholes. That doesnt go out to everyone, just the people who can say nothing more than "BSSM is good CD" and "Stadium Arcadium is just the same old. Nothing new". I could write a fucking thesis on why that album is technically fantastic.

menikmati
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
zzzzz

cash87
03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
how large will this fuck the Peppers bandwagon grow? Form your own opinions, assholes. That doesnt go out to everyone, just the people who can say nothing more than "BSSM is good CD" and "Stadium Arcadium is just the same old. Nothing new". I could write a fucking thesis on why that album is technically fantastic.

Um...no, the only thing that album has that is technically good is "some" of the guitar solos other than that...not much of a strong album when we know they were capable of producing something like BSSM.

rage patton
03-23-2007, 12:50 PM
So 50% of the vote, exactly at this point, would be more interested in seeing them if they played more BSSM and earlier eh?
These are pretty much the results I expected.
Im curious as to what 4 people wanted to hear Stadium Arcadium in its entirety. And whether or not they were serious, or put down as a joke.

jerpar24
03-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I would be happy hearing at least one song from "Mother's Milk." I think "Knock Me Down" would be a great song live.

I've seen them play "Knock me down" I have also seen them play "Soul to Squeeze"

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I would only want to see them play Hey Ho, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and Rollercoaster of love. Other then that I dont care to much about them........

rage patton
03-25-2007, 04:24 PM
I would only want to see them play Hey Ho, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and Rollercoaster of love. Other then that I dont care to much about them........

Higher Ground and Fire would both be kick ass! They are both covers, but they kick ass.
I would also love to hear The Power of Equality, If You Have To Ask and Sir Psycho Sexy.
And even though it was on Californication, I think it would be fuckin sweet to hear them open of with All Around The World. If for no other reason, then just for the bass tone at the beginning. Its awesome!
If they played all that... I couldnt give a fuck what else they played.

thelastgreatman
03-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Soul to Squeeze, Under The Bridge and Breaking The Girl would make it a worthwhile set almost regardless of what else they played. That setlist that got posted before is at least half serious disappointments. If I have to heard Other Side or Universally Speaking I'm going to be pissed off. Also, ending with a "jam" is something that shitty hippie bands do. Sell that shit to Bonnaroo, Chili Peppers.

rage patton
03-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Soul to Squeeze, Under The Bridge and Breaking The Girl would make it a worthwhile set almost regardless of what else they played. That setlist that got posted before is at least half serious disappointments. If I have to heard Other Side or Universally Speaking I'm going to be pissed off. Also, ending with a "jam" is something that shitty hippie bands do. Sell that shit to Bonnaroo, Chili Peppers.

They always end with jams!!! They have done that for a long time. Its something special for the REAL Chili Peppers fans. At the last Chili Peppers show I went too, they ended with like a 20 minute Jam. And Omar from the Mars Volta joined them. It was incredible. But, all my friends who are fans of the Chilis new music, thought the Jam at the end was incredibly boring and would have rather heard "songs." But it was a song! It was a once in a lifetime song! It is a song you will never hear again. A song they played just for you and the people around you. I fuckin hope the Chili end with a jam. But first, they better play Under The Bridge...

bingo_caller
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
to be fair- stadium arcadium is there only weak output.

Sure bssm was there peak, but to disregard tracks from californication/by the way is inane.

One hot minute is the only album to be stricken from the record as it has no john.

They really should open with around the world. Less the amount of stadium arcadium. Always play blood sugar sex (the track) and play some stuff from the earlier albums. Sounds good...

planeteer13
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
anthony kiedis started to suck after he stopped doin drugs.

but frusciante got better.

go figure

They made blood sugar when anthony kiedis was clean, and most of the people here think that was their best album, so I'm sure his being sober had a great affect on the album.

worldwide2020
03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
As long as they play Soul to Squeeze...

Boourns
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM

Yeah, those songs would make seeing them worthwhile. But hopefully someone great is playing at the same time.

rage patton
03-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah, those songs would make seeing them worthwhile. But hopefully someone great is playing at the same time.

MSTRKRFT/LCD/______(addition?) closing the Saharah
Decemberists most likely closing the outdoor stage
These seem like realistic alternatives to RHCP/Tiesto.

instinct
03-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Hell yea.. I'd actually be excited about seeing them instead about being excited that I can see someone else when they are on.

rebel86
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM

BY THE WAY captivated me in all kinds of ways in high school. This last album can't help but to sound a bit half-assed. I'm not feeling it a whole lot.

phillthepill
03-29-2007, 06:36 PM
they must play under the bridge or around the world, if not tuff ruck.

Thehebrewhammer
04-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I can't really think of anyone I'd miss to go see the Chili Peppers on Saturday. Way too much I want to catch.

rage patton
04-03-2007, 07:03 PM
they must play under the bridge or around the world, if not tuff ruck.

Those are actually the two songs I want to hear the most.
Its possible they will play Under The Bridge. But the odds they will play Around the World... slim to none.

Michelle
04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
RHCP is really the only band i can think of that i lost -complete- interest in after liking a fairly great deal earlier. i used to love them pre&during "bssm". i liked a few songs from "one hot minute". californication and after is where they lost me. scar tissue was an alright song, but it got played out really quick. that's another thing, sometimes a single of theirs will come out and i'll think "hey, this one isn't so bad" and by the 3rd time i hear it, i don't care for it anymore. it's as if their songs lost staying power.

all that being said, i still think when you take everything into account, they are a group of very talented people and they play great together. i just wish i liked anything they put out in the last 10 years. heh

yes, isn't it strange to be so passionate about a band to then being somewhat indifferent about them. i don't necessarily dislike any of their new stuff, but if that was all that i had ever heard of them, i probably never would have gotten into them.

matsuolost
04-04-2007, 02:54 AM
the only way they are gonna drag me away from the sahara (or mojave) on saturday night to see rhcp will be if they play cabron
and its just a 2 minute song
thats all im willing to take from them

rage patton
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
the only way they are gonna drag me away from the sahara (or mojave) on saturday night to see rhcp will be if they play cabron
and its just a 2 minute song
thats all im willing to take from them

They won't. So I guess you won't have to leave the Saharah.

summerkid
04-05-2007, 12:47 AM
yes, isn't it strange to be so passionate about a band to then being somewhat indifferent about them. i don't necessarily dislike any of their new stuff, but if that was all that i had ever heard of them, i probably never would have gotten into them.

yeah, Im the same way i have all their albums except for Stadium Arcadium. I thought By the Way was complete trash and immediately regretted buying it and then I heard Dani California and just stayed far away from that two disc mess.

Gloria
04-13-2007, 05:37 PM
I've seen them 4 times since September and their setlists ARE pretty standard, but there is about 5 songs that they always switch up. You better believe that people get pissed if they dont play songs like Californication, Can't Stop, and Give it Away.

They ALWAYS play GIA in the encore. Their new Stadium Arcadium stuff is great, but since I've seen them a lot lately, I'd like something new and fresh.

Since this is their last US performance for a while, I hoping for something like Power of Equality, Pea, Venice Queen (hence, my screen name- also the intro to VQ sounds exactly like the solo in RATM's Calm as a Bomb), or Higher Ground... we will see!

Gloria
04-13-2007, 05:40 PM
PS- I LOVE RHCP (original album), BSSM, Californication, BTW, and SA. They are all good and show how the Chilis have evolved. Yeah, they arent as funky as they used to be, but some of their new stuff is pretty damn good.

Gloria
04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Its possible they will play Under The Bridge. But the odds they will play Around the World... slim to none.

I don't think they really ever play UTB at huge festivals and they havn't played ATW in a couple years. It is possibly one of their most requested songs- I would die if they played it.

Gyrus
04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm seeing them here in Sydney on the 17th so I'll post up what they played, I'd say it'll be a fair indicator of what they'll play at Coachella.

They're leaving soooooo many GOLD tunes OUT and playin SHIT off their new album which blows donkey nuts.

Gloria
04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm seeing them here in Sydney on the 17th so I'll post up what they played, I'd say it'll be a fair indicator of what they'll play at Coachella.

They're leaving soooooo many GOLD tunes OUT and playin SHIT off their new album which blows donkey nuts.

You gotta give them credit, though. I have about 315 of their songs (yes, some are live versions) and they only play 17-20 per show. Of course they're gonna leave out a lot of gems.

Based on experience, their set lists for festivals/radio things are quite different from the ones on their primary tour. I feel like they play more oldies at the festivals because they don't expect everyone to have their new album.

rage patton
04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
You gotta give them credit, though. I have about 315 of their songs (yes, some are live versions) and they only play 17-20 per show. Of course they're gonna leave out a lot of gems.

Based on experience, their set lists for festivals/radio things are quite different from the ones on their primary tour. I feel like they play more oldies at the festivals because they don't expect everyone to have their new album.

That would be quite awesome. I hope they play alot from BBSM and Mothers Milk. Californication had a few good songs. As did By The Way. All I want from Stadium Arcadium is Readymade. Or Especially in Michigan ONLY if Omar comes out and plays guitar with them.

tklint24
04-18-2007, 06:35 AM
i wish they'd play breaking the girl. :/

yea, thats my most favorite song from them too. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

clarky123
04-18-2007, 06:37 AM

01. Intro Jam
02. Can't Stop
03. Dani California
04. Scar Tissue
05. Charlie
06. Havana Affair
07. 21st Century
10. Maybe (John)
11. Snow (Hey Oh)
12. Nobody Weird Like Me
13. Stadium Arcadium
14. Right On Time
15. C'mon Girl
16. Californication
17. By The Way
18. Chad's drum solo
19. I Could Have Lied

01. INTRO JAM
02. CAN'T STOP
03. DANI CALIFORNIA
04, SCAR TISSUE
05. CHARLIE
06. FORTUNE FADED
07. 21ST CENTURY
11. SNOW (HEY OH)
12. FLEA STORY
13. ME AND MY FRIENDS
14. DON'T FORGET ME
15. WARLOCKS
16. C'MON GIRL
17. CALIFORNICATION
18. BY THE WAY
19. CROWD
20. DRUMS
21. I COULD HAVE LIED
22. GIVE IT AWAY
23. JAM

Dont get me wrong, I like them - but with all that they will be there all fukin day! Enjoy the gig.

Gloria
04-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I saw some of their setlists from their past few shows, and my God, they're switching it up! They played Catholic School Girls Rule, Higher Ground, Sir Psycho Sexy, teased the Zephyr Song and are now playing She's Only 18.

I think their set at Coachella is going to be off the charts.

rage patton
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I saw some of their setlists from their past few shows, and my God, they're switching it up! They played Catholic School Girls Rule, Higher Ground, Sir Psycho Sexy, teased the Zephyr Song and are now playing She's Only 18.

I think their set at Coachella is going to be off the charts.

Are you serious? Holy shit! That actually makes me so happy! I was so bummed when they didnt play Higher Ground when I saw them! Also, sir Psycho Sexy and Catholic School Girls Rule? Thats amazing!
Argh, I really hope they dont overlap MSTRKRFT by too much...

Gloria
04-22-2007, 10:58 AM
On second thought, y'all should pray to get the Power of Equality rather than Give it Away... it's so much rarer and crazier.