PDA

View Full Version : STEPHEN MARLEY NEW ABLBUM.....

johnnystar
03-20-2007, 11:12 PM
So far its good kinda sound like his dad BOB MARLEY really like the song mind control

rage patton
03-20-2007, 11:58 PM
I want to see Stephen Marley for sure.
He sound the most like Bob out of all his kids.

wmgaretjax
03-21-2007, 12:00 AM
i deleted it.

bballarl
03-21-2007, 12:54 AM
That's great his kids can rehash their dad's sound. Never mind doing something different and creative, using the musical talent and vision they inherited from their dad.

No Damien, mixing hip-hop and reggae is not creative.

summerkid
03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
I think its decent, I wouldn't mind seeing him, I'm not going to seek him out but if he's playing the main stage then it'll be fun.

grungysabbathemohater
03-21-2007, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't mind checking him out if he doesn't conflict with anyone else I want to see. His brother Damian was pretty good at Coachella last year.

JWBIII
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I bought the album yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. Is it a creative masterpiece? No. It's a solid reggae album that touches on a few different sounds within the genre and it is executed extremely well.

As a means of comparison I would say "Mind Control" is a less hip-hop influenced album than Damien's "Welcome To Jamrock."

Anyways, I'm catching Stephen and Damien's concert in Vancouver in April before Coachella as well.

breakjaw
03-21-2007, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't mind checking him out if he doesn't conflict with anyone else I want to see. His brother Damian was pretty good at Coachella last year.

I didn't attend last year,but just watched on "The Blue Room" and Damian Marley was my favorite set of the ones they showed(I also liked Editors and Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Stellastarr.)

SFChrissy
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I can't stop listening to it and it's too damn short as far as I'm concerned!!!

I'm seeing him sunday 4.22 in SF before coachella

He'll play the outdoor theatre stage I'm pretty sure and will most likely be an evening set...just like the Jr. Gong's last year!!!

I'll be there from start to finish!!!