PDA

View Full Version : 5 campers = 1 car camping spot, too much?

shmern
02-18-2012, 08:12 AM
I tried looking around for this question but couldnt seem to find it. sorry if its a repost.

I have a car camping spot and have 5 people coming with. I drive a 4 door sedan. Is this too many people in your opinion? I have access to another car camping spot, but we were thinking of selling it to a friend (same batch of tickets so it would still work). Obviously you COULD fit 5, but my question is would it be uncomfortable? And also, if I do end up using two car camping spots, how early on thursday would you recommend coming so I can get to adjacent spots?

Thanks in advance

Neighborhood Creep
02-18-2012, 08:15 AM
You'll be fine. I had 7 one year and it was ok. Just share tents, max 2.

I would wait til Thursday afternoon to come in. The morning will be terrible.

nyarlathotoats
02-18-2012, 08:47 AM
I would wait til Thursday afternoon to come in. The morning will be terrible.

What makes you think this? I was thinking the earlier you arrive, the better.

Neighborhood Creep
02-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Probably, but I don't want to be stuck behind him or anyone else for the that matter so I tell people to go late.

I JUST WANT TO GET IN EARLY, MAN

Stickjohn
02-18-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't see how arrival time matters when trying to get adjacent spots. They fill in the rows of camping spots as cars arrive so it's not like there's single open spots scattered around. You would need to have 2 cars to get two spots of course.

arandomshape
02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Its a 10x30 space, do the math. Its possible but do you really want to? Also you have to have a second car to use the other spot, they dont just give you extra space.

daneskiiiz
02-18-2012, 10:59 AM
My friends squeezed 12 people into one camping spot a few years ago. So 5 is no problem. We usually get a few spots and just combine them to make one huge camping spot. Just become friends with your neighbors and if you go over a little hope they don't care. What my friends and I do to maximize space is we don't bring tents. We just Bring EZ UP canopies, and cots/air mattresses to sleep on. That will take up less room than tents do, and tents become ovens anyways.

Snowchella
02-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Midnight on Thursday is great, security is tired by that point.

ibuprofane
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
5 people in 1 spot is fine if you plan the space accordingly - it's the 5 people in 1 sedan that I would be more concerned about, especially when you account for everyone's gear, food, clothes, etc. I hope you're driving a Crown Vic.

oyeloca
02-18-2012, 12:56 PM
we were 6 in 2010 and we did fine =]

Prelude
02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
never too many

MattBags
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
We had 7 last year, and with 2 tents the chilling/sitting area was minimal

Spid3y
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I think you guys camped behind us last year.

My friends squeezed 12 people into one camping spot a few years ago. So 5 is no problem. We usually get a few spots and just combine them to make one huge camping spot. Just become friends with your neighbors and if you go over a little hope they don't care. What my friends and I do to maximize space is we don't bring tents. We just Bring EZ UP canopies, and cots/air mattresses to sleep on. That will take up less room than tents do, and tents become ovens anyways.

daneskiiiz
02-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I think you guys camped behind us last year.

Probably. We had 10 spots with 50 people last year that we turned into a giant fortress in the verrrrry far corner, right by the showers, and after hours campground party swings.

gaypalmsprings
02-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Save room for the bounce house.

Doses_On_Sunday#K.C.
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
You should be fine...as long as you don't hate any of the people you are going with.

billtino
02-22-2012, 02:39 PM
5 is perfect!
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/gallery/images/4175/3.jpg

vertin
02-23-2012, 07:17 AM
I packed 8 people into our 1 car camping spot last year and it was too much. We had a suburban first off so there goes alot of room. I slept in my 1 person tent and my dad slept in the car while the 6 of them sprawled throughout the grassy floor. Now we have 4 car camping spots this year!

D-BO.
02-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Whether you squeezing extra people one the spot or not, i say screw tents. keep your valuables/bags in the car and when you want to sleep roll out sleeping bags. the night air is refreshing, you won't wake up sweating in the morning, and once everyone is up, your sleep space then becomes your party space

billtino
02-23-2012, 07:45 AM
^ This is great as long as your allocated spot does not have red ants like mine did last year. Very thankful for the tent.

vertin
02-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Whether you squeezing extra people one the spot or not, i say screw tents. keep your valuables/bags in the car and when you want to sleep roll out sleeping bags. the night air is refreshing, you won't wake up sweating in the morning, and once everyone is up, your sleep space then becomes your party space

Ya i would recommend this especially if you only have 1 spot...This year we have 4 spots and are planning to have 2 spots for sleeping and 2 for hangingout/eating area....it should workout great

Goatchella
02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
red untz