PDA

View Full Version : Propane Tanks ?

kelly33507
02-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Does anybody know if propane tanks are permitted? Large or small bottles?
I know it says no open flames on the website; looking for a little more info

Stickjohn
02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
You should probably read the camping FAQ - right below where you read about open flames (http://www.coachella.com/travel-lodging/on-site-camping) (click on the + to expand.)

May I use a stove to cook?

The use of a outdoor cooking appliance is only permitted in the Car Camping areas. Cooking in the Tent Camping area is not permitted. The following are the requirements for the use of a outdoor cooking appliance:
1. All cooking appliances shall bear a certification or listing from a nationally recognized testing or certification organization.
2. Cooking appliances that only utilize propane as the fuel source shall be permitted. No wood, charcoal, flammable/combustible liquid cooking appliances permitted.
3. One cooking appliance per camp site shall be permitted.
4. Maximum amount of propane per campsite shall not exceed 20 pounds or 48 pounds of water capacity.
5. A minimum of 3 feet of clearance shall be maintained at all times while the cooking appliance is in use. No combustible material shall be within 3 feet of the cooking appliance.
6. Cooking appliances shall only be used during the hours of 7:00 am to 2:00 am PST.
7. Cooking appliances, when in use, shall not be left unattended.

optimusGrime
02-17-2012, 10:41 PM
i do remember the propane tank explosion last year!

suprefan
02-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Does anybody know if propane tanks are permitted? Large or small bottles?
I know it says no open flames on the website; looking for a little more info

Read FAQ, and yes, they are allowed. the small bottles most def.

Lithium
02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/UaMwke8y1GDXtZhZU1NV-cKO0dXaOleCzdTLNNwXsz1Ygge7GgvYwFe2lW1a5lSQPEv7pCt JRpLh8FsVNIpGkPe6zHvE62H6/300.king.hill.lr.103108.jpg

Goatchella
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
6. Cooking appliances shall only be used during the hours of 7:00 am to 2:00 am PST.
Fresh batch of campsite meth at 4am