PDA

View Full Version : Advice please - Claremont ?

vulcandeathgrip
02-11-2012, 09:29 PM
We fly in the day before Coachella and are staying in Palm Springs for the duration of the festival. Is Claremont a sensible place to book a hotel for the night of our arrival? We were thinking we would fly in, pick up our car & stay somewhere in the direction of the next day's journey. With zero local knowledge & only google maps to on we I sure could use some advice !

blazenation
02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Claremont is fine, it's not too far away.

If you would like to find a little bit closer, Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga have great hotels and is a little closer. Honestly if you can get to the 10 freeway fairly quick, you will have no problems. Your drive to the fest will not be long, probably an hour and a half to two hours

scenicworld
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
which airport are you flying into? if it's Ontario, that's probably fine as long as you have a renal car.

vulcandeathgrip
02-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Flying into LAX. I have instructed my travel adviser/wife to investigate Ontario (not the one in Canada right ?)
Thanks for the help

geonotgio
02-11-2012, 10:52 PM
I work at the Ontario Hampton Inn and Suites in Ontario. I suggest you stay with us. I'll try to get you the best rate as possible.

vulcandeathgrip
02-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Thankyou very much for your generous offer kind stranger.

Our only concern is the "renovations" mentioned on the website. This is to be our only nights rest between a very long flight & a huge 3 days, if someone was wake me up with a hammer drill or angle grinder in the wee hours I will most likely loose my shit...

scenicworld
02-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Flying into LAX. I have instructed my travel adviser/wife to investigate Ontario (not the one in Canada right ?)
Thanks for the help

yes, not the one in Canada.

LAX can have cheaper flights than Ontario, but I think you'd make up whatever difference there is with hotel costs.

geonotgio
02-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Theres no way that we can wake you up because we have have to stop working on renovations 6pm every day. Renovations will be mostly done by then. Our 3rd floor is finished and all we have left to work on is our 2nd and 1st floor, lobby area and front desk. Renovations are due to be done in april.

I'm actually on the clock right now writing to you as we speak and it's very quiet. :)

kronz420
02-12-2012, 07:16 AM
The Double Tree in Claremont is a nice place to stay. Plus they give you two awesome chocolate chip cookies when you check in lol

Mugwog
02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Ew Claremont