PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 MLB Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Gribbz
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Might as well. I'm really happy "Baseball Tonight" is up and running again. Also, I have high expectations for the Diamondbacks this year. Especially after the off season moves we made.

nosurprises12
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Even though I think we're destined to miss the playoffs again, I'm glad that the Dodgers were able to avoid arbitration by signing Clayton Kershaw to a two year deal the other day.

Gribbz
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I think the Dodgers are going to be better than you think...

paulb
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
2012 has lots of exciting things going on.

Should be neat to see how Pujols does for the Angels, how Florida with Jose Reyes works out, I wanna see if Pineda can handle the Bronx.

summerkid
02-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Really? Why? Their rotation got worse, their bullpen is still a relative mess as I don't see Javy Guerra as a legitimate closer and think he'll be exposed this season.

Miroir Noir
02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I can already tell that I am going to have to watch late night NL west games to keep up with you guys this season.

Still-ill
02-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Really? Why? Their rotation got worse, their bullpen is still a relative mess as I don't see Javy Guerra as a legitimate closer and think he'll be exposed this season.

We ended last season quite well, and that sort of thing tends to spill over into the first half of the next season. Also Guerra was 21/23, not bad.

nosurprises12
02-08-2012, 02:14 PM

I'm not saying they're going to be terrible, but they really haven't done much to improve the team's offense and that was what did them in so often last year. I'm sure it will be nice to have the ownership situation resolved, and if Ethier can be more productive I'm sure that will help, but I think we're destined for another .500 year again unless someone gets brought in or if one of the younger players has a break-out year.

rag and bone
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
I think Dee Gordon is going to have a break out year for them but don't quote me on that

Gribbz
02-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I can already tell that I am going to have to watch late night NL west games to keep up with you guys this season.
Ha, yes. I love how there are so many Pac-12/NL West/NFC West fans on this board.

ArcadeParade
02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Go Jays! Yu would've been nice..back end is weak

summerkid
02-08-2012, 02:48 PM
We ended last season quite well, and that sort of thing tends to spill over into the first half of the next season. Also Guerra was 21/23, not bad.

He also had a FIP of 3.40 and an xFIP of 4.07 which suggests that he was rather lucky last season. I would expect quite a regression next year. Anybody playing fantasy baseball this year, there's your tip of the day. Stay clear of Guerra he'll probably lose his job to Kenley Jansen at some point during the season.

GolfWang
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I think Dee Gordon is going to have a break out year for them but don't quote me on that

I think so too. -I predict that the Dodgers will end up with around 80 or so wins at the end of the season. Same as 2011.

Go Red Sox though. I like that nobody expects them to be as good this season. I actually think they'll win more games than they did last year when everybody was picking them to win the WS.

Down Rodeo
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Not exactly true. De la Rosa and Eovaldi are two young pitchers with talent who pitched fairly well last season and could improve this year's rotation if they make the next leap in their development.

rag and bone
02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
De La Rosa's coming off Tommy John surgery though. Won't be ready until August at best.

Down Rodeo
02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Fuck, that's right. I forgot about that.

icedKeg
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
http://www.freeiphonewallpapers.com/wallpapers/ChicagoCubs-120.jpg

rag and bone
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
103 and counting...

Grandma
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
http://media.baycitizen.org/uploaded/images/2010/10/buster-posey-1/lightbox/buster%20posey1.jpg

zenidogx
02-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm just glad I got Angels tickets as a Christmas gift. Pujols is gonna be expensive as the year goes on. Unless he falls into the visitor dugout and the Angels have another mediocre season.

theklein25
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm expecting 2 NL West teams to be in the playoffs this season. My early predictions are Phillies, Reds, Diamondbacks, and Dodgers.

SepaGroove
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
The Angles are gonna own this year. Can't wait for baseball

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I never really liked baseball, because it's the sport that I suck at the most. But I watched the World Series last year, and I was very entertained. I think it finally snapped for me because I stopped thinking of it as guys running around bases, and more as a pitcher trying to throw the ball to the catcher, without fail. That paradigm shift really made the game intriguing for me. I hope to be able to catch the Rangers at Yankee Stadium this year.

Gribbz
02-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I used to hate baseball and now it's one of my favorite sports. Never really played it either.

summerkid
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove11/story?id=7547640&_slug_=san-diego-padres-best-farm-system-baseball-mlb&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb %2fhotstove11%2fstory%3fid%3d7547640%26_slug_%3dsa n-diego-padres-best-farm-system-baseball-mlb

Best farm system in baseball.

zenidogx
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Padres-Royals World Series. I'm down.

santasutt
02-08-2012, 07:43 PM
The Boston Red Sox will be off the national radar screen this year and already picked to finish third or fourth in the AL East. This means they will probably win the division going away. If Beckett, Bucholz and Lester can stay fit and healthy and pitch well into September, the Sawx will contend.

Shored up bullpen with Bailey, Melancon and Padilla after losing Papelbon. Bard and Aceves will probably contend for the 4th/5th starter spot. Matsuzaka should help things in July going forward after he rehabs the Tommy John.

Love the Punto and Shoppach signings. Aviles and Punto will be keeping the SS position warm for Jose Iglesias as soon as he learns how to hit big league pitching.

If Carl Crawford becomes even half the player he was when he was #1 Sox-killer for the Devil Rays, I will be happy. Last year was, as my kids say, "epic fail."

Ellsbury: your 2012 AL MVP?

Geno_g
02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Fucking a! Baseball offseason sucks. Can't wait till pitchers and catchers report!

Still-ill
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove11/story?id=7547640&_slug_=san-diego-padres-best-farm-system-baseball-mlb&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb %2fhotstove11%2fstory%3fid%3d7547640%26_slug_%3dsa n-diego-padres-best-farm-system-baseball-mlb

Best farm system in baseball.

What does it matter, San Diego will get antsy and trade it for run-of-the-mill talent anyways.

caeden
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
i already have a trip setup for the braves at cubs series and the giants at braves series. very excited to finally see the braves in person

zonarob
02-09-2012, 05:17 AM
I used to hate baseball and now it's one of my favorite sports. Never really played it either.

Greatest team sport ever. Period! I have high hopes for the Dbacks as well. Playoff games @ Chase.....?

TomAz
02-09-2012, 05:20 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/i/A/2/0/PHP4E8EA4AF7002A.jpg

Miroir Noir
02-09-2012, 07:06 AM
The Boston Red Sox will be off the national radar screen this year

No, they will continue to be the second-most written about and analyzed team in the sport. As you point out, they have all the pieces to be good. And if they're horrible, it's an even better story. There's no such thing as an under the radar season for the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, or Mets.

TomAz
02-09-2012, 07:15 AM
though the Mets seem to be trying for exactly that.

Miroir Noir
02-09-2012, 07:22 AM
True. The best Mets story of last year was the revelation that they still own Bobby Bonilla $30 million in deferred payments.

GuyInTucson
02-09-2012, 07:30 AM

I am the exact opposite. I grew up playing baseball from age 5 to 17. I played on travelling AAU and American Legion teams instead of high school. Could have played in college if I wasn't a moron about my school work. Used to LOVE the sport. The last 10 years or so have killed a lot of my love for the sport. Now, if it's not about the Indians, I really don't care.

I will stay interested until the Indians are out of it, which will probably be sometime in mid June.

summerkid
02-09-2012, 08:31 AM
What does it matter, San Diego will get antsy and trade it for run-of-the-mill talent anyways.

Not until they become unaffordable, the thing is that now that we have all this talent loaded in the minors which quite a few of those guys will be major league ready next year it will allow the Padres to trade some guys off the major league roster to continue to reload the system. I really expect Chase Headley and Richard or Stauffer to be traded after this season to make room for Gyorko, Erlin, Wieland, and Kelly. Plus, if we do not contend this year we can move Carlos Quentin (look what Beltran got the Mets at the deadline), Volquez, and Street. Point is while the Padres improved in the offseason and won't be quite as bad as last season 2013 onwards the Padres should be able to contend.

Gribbz
02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Curt Schilling just admitted that every player he beaned in his career was 100% intentional. I know it's the minority opinion, but Curt Schilling is the man.

TomAz
02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Or, he "admits" it now because he wants you to think he's the man without having anybody to be accountable to for it.

Miroir Noir
02-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Every pitch intentional, every sock bloody, every story true.

Gribbz
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Curt Schilling wouldn't lie to me.

rag and bone
02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
If you read this story about Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall's dealings with prostate cancer this past year and don't subsequently root for the snakes you are officially null and void as a human being. Sorry. Just the facts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-henson_derrick_hall_diamondbacks_best_work_cancer_ 013012

santasutt
02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
There's no such thing as an under the radar season for the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, or Mets.

The Sox have always enjoyed regional popularity but, for most of my baseball-watching lifetime,they have not been the national powerhouses like the Yankees and Dodgers. This whole Red Sox Nation thing has blossomed over the last 10-15 years. And the Werner-Lucchino-Henry ownership is largely responsible, for better or worse.

LickTheLizzard
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
If you read this story about Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall's dealings with prostate cancer this past year and don't subsequently root for the snakes you are officially null and void as a human being. Sorry. Just the facts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-henson_derrick_hall_diamondbacks_best_work_cancer_ 013012

Hell of an article. This part really got me.

He pulled out a notepad and started listing everything he would miss by dying young.

Im not going to walk Kylie down the aisle
Im not going to see what Hayden becomes
Im not going to see Logan play college tennis
I wont grow old with Amy
I wont see the Diamondbacks win a World Series

Gribbz
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Shouldn't the brothers Powell be Pirates fans?

omgjk <3

LickTheLizzard
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I still pull for the Pirates...but I grew up going to Diamondback games.

Geno_g
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Heard talk of bonds maybe swinging a bat for a team... Crazy talk but A's are talking to him since he just got approval by court to carry and use a bat...

GuyInTucson
02-10-2012, 08:51 AM
I encountered Curt Schilling when he played for the D-Backs during spring training. My friend and I took his son to meet some of the players at some meet and greet (or something of that nature, it was a decade ago). Other friends of mine have met him as well. The consensus is that he is one of the biggest pieces of shit we have ever come across.

Still-ill
02-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I find it weird that he makes video games for a living now.

buddy
02-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Along the Yankees paying the majority of Burnett's contract, I think they should be the one to send a thank you note, and possibly a Jeter gift basket.

ESPN (http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7567849/new-york-yankees-pittsburgh-pirates-work-aj-burnett-trade-sources-say)

The New York Yankees and Pittsburgh Pirates have a framework in place for a possible A.J. Burnett deal and are working through conditions in that framework, baseball sources said Sunday.

The Yankees have been engaged in talks with four teams but the Pirates have emerged as the front-runner, sources said.

One of the clubs was among teams Burnett can veto per his contract, a source said, and the right-hander was unwilling to give in on that team. It was uncertain what teams were in the bidding for Burnett beyond Pittsburgh.

The Pirates and Yankees began their discussions with lots of common ground because New York wants to move Burnett, who is owed $33 million for the next two seasons, and Pittsburgh has been looking for a veteran starter who can provide innings.

As a Yankee, Burnett is 34-35 with a 4.79 ERA.

The two teams haven't agreed on the dollar figure the Yankees will eat to facilitate the trade, and they haven't agreed on the players that the Pirates will send to the Yankees.

But they have found enough common ground that Pittsburgh is now the clear front-runner.

A source familiar with the negotiations had told ESPNNewYork's Wallace Matthews on Saturday that the talks had "legs" and were "real."

But Pirates right fielder Garrett Jones, a left-handed bat whom the Yankees coveted, had been taken off the table, according to the source.

With the serious trade talks going on the Yankees have paused their pursuit of a designated hitter in the free agent market.

They are doing so, a baseball official said, because they want to see if they receive someone who could DH in a possible deal for Burnett.

If the Yankees don't receive a DH-type in a deal for Burnett or don't trade Burnett at all, then they are likely to sign one of either Raul Ibanez, Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui or another free agent DH still on the market.

The Yankees are willing to deal Burnett because they don't have a place in their rotation for him. They acquired Michael Pineda and Hiroki Kuroda, leaving Phil Hughes, Freddy Garcia and Burnett to fight it out for the fifth spot.

Even with top prospect Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances needing more seasoning in the minors , the Yankees think they have organization depth with Adam Warren, David Phelps and D.J. Mitchell. All three could be ready if the Yankees need to call up a spot starter due to injury.

kronz420
02-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I encountered Curt Schilling when he played for the D-Backs during spring training. My friend and I took his son to meet some of the players at some meet and greet (or something of that nature, it was a decade ago). Other friends of mine have met him as well. The consensus is that he is one of the biggest pieces of shit we have ever come across.

That honor goes to Roger Clemens... Trust me

GolfWang
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Along the Yankees paying the majority of Burnett's contract, I think they should be the one to send a thank you note, and possibly a Jeter gift basket.

ESPN (http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7567849/new-york-yankees-pittsburgh-pirates-work-aj-burnett-trade-sources-say)

NOOOOOOOOOO. Burnett is my favorite Yankee, by far.

paulb
02-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Lol, get rid of AJ! Take anything!

Miroir Noir
02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't get the point of trading him before spring training. Why don't we wait until we find out if anyone gets injured before we trade him for prospects? It's not like they're going to fill any needs or really save any payroll by dealing him now.

buddy
02-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't get the point of trading him before spring training. Why don't we wait until we find out if anyone gets injured before we trade him for prospects? It's not like they're going to fill any needs or really save any payroll by dealing him now.

They are doing so, a baseball official said, because they want to see if they receive someone who could DH in a possible deal for Burnett.

If the Yankees don't receive a DH-type in a deal for Burnett or don't trade Burnett at all, then they are likely to sign one of either Raul Ibanez, Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui or another free agent DH still on the market.

The Yankees are willing to deal Burnett because they don't have a place in their rotation for him. They acquired Michael Pineda and Hiroki Kuroda, leaving Phil Hughes, Freddy Garcia and Burnett to fight it out for the fifth spot.

Even with top prospect Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances needing more seasoning in the minors , the Yankees think they have organization depth with Adam Warren, David Phelps and D.J. Mitchell. All three could be ready if the Yankees need to call up a spot starter due to injury.

It seems they have too many spots, and are comfortable with either Garcia or Hughes filling that spot, for whoever doesn't make the fifth starter spot. I actually think Burnett will do well in Pittsburgh, well better than he has in New York, if the trade goes through. It was never a question if Burnett's stuff was good, it was just a mental thing with him, and he never really seemed comfortable in New York.

Grandma
02-13-2012, 10:35 AM
so the A's signed yoenis cespedes...discuss

TomAz
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
That's a lot of $ for a guy who has never seen a big league pitch.

Miroir Noir
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Mannyball (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7594873/manny-ramirez-agrees-deal-oakland-as)!

Miroir Noir
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Braun wins appeal of 50 game PED suspension (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7608360/ryan-braun-wins-appeal-50-game-suspension).

Grandma
02-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Mannyball (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7594873/manny-ramirez-agrees-deal-oakland-as)!

I admire the A's for the sheer fact that they've been able to sign nearly every player I cared for the most in 1995 (including Matsui!) within the last several seasons. All in a ball park so shitty(it was once a good park until that fucking dinosaur Al Davis built a goddamned concrete sarcophagus in the outfield) that there is more urine amongst the Food Court concourse than in the fucking toilets. I've spent more on gas to get myself to Oakland from San Jose and back than I do on a ticket, a beer, and a hot dog. Keep your half-assed baseball club out of my city.

Braun wins appeal of 50 game PED suspension (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7608360/ryan-braun-wins-appeal-50-game-suspension).

I really would like to know how in the hell he got around this. Not just some Buster Olney horseshit but some fucking facts...

rag and bone
02-23-2012, 02:55 PM
the story appears to be the guy in charge of shipping off the cup o piss thought FedEx was closed since it was late on saturday and kept it in his fridge over night instead. broke protocol so the results have to be thrown out, apparently.

Grandma
02-23-2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA&feature=related

Miroir Noir
02-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Braun will probably hold a press conference when he arrives at spring training. I imagine his best strategy is to go through it all once and then say "okay guys, now I'm going to play ball." Years later, whatever really happened will inevitably leak out.

Gribbz
02-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Apparently Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the arbitrator's decision. Which is strange because Braun getting his name cleared is great for the sport. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

MoSetsfire
02-24-2012, 09:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7611343/texas-rangers-josh-hamilton-said-feel-owes-texas-rangers

I cannot explain how much I hate this fucker. Its bad enough he's a grown ass man who gets babied like a bitch. It's bad enough his bible thumping ways give him a pass with the local yokel fucks, and then he brings his bible to a press conference about his contract. I hope a Bus with a Tim Tebow ad on it hits this asshole and makes the world a better place.

Miroir Noir
02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I honestly don't understand why his latest relapse was a newsworthy event. He didn't do anything illegal, dangerous, or even embarrassing. It's a personal issue that, for whatever reason, he decided to also make public.

If I were the Rangers, I'd be hesitant to extend him, too. More because of injury history than personal history.

paulb
03-02-2012, 09:02 AM
1st game of Spring Training today!!

Oh and get this, AJ Burnett, out 2-3 months with facial injury.... Perfect timing to get rid of him Yankees....

theklein25
03-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Fantasy baseball league should go down in here.

Miroir Noir
03-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey, if he were still with the Yankees, he'd probably be okay since the injury occurred during BP. The video is horrendous. (http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7634109/pittsburgh-pirates-aj-burnett-undergo-surgery-orbital-fracture)

Miroir Noir
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Extra wild card teams, playoff game agreed upon. Here are the details. (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7637317/mlb-new-postseason-plan)

Also, to make things extra stupid, the 2012 schedule will require a return to the hated, asinine 2-3 format for first round (or is it second round now?) series. Also, if you are an AL team and you happen to play the full five games in the first round in 2012, well fuck you, you're playing game 1 of the ALCS the next day.

Gribbz
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I remember when winning your division was actually important.

GolfWang
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM

well, with the addition of another wild card team/one game playoff, winning the division actually becomes much more important than it has been since the addition of wild card teams.

GolfWang
03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Extra wild card teams, playoff game agreed upon. Here are the details. (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7637317/mlb-new-postseason-plan)

Also, to make things extra stupid, the 2012 schedule will require a return to the hated, asinine 2-3 format for first round (or is it second round now?) series.

this scheduling is only in effect for this upcoming season. 2013 will return to the 2-2-1 schedule.

Gribbz
03-02-2012, 02:18 PM
well, with the addition of another wild card team/one game playoff, winning the division actually becomes much more important than it has been since the addition of wild card teams.

You know what I mean.

zenidogx
03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Looking forward to Cinco de Mayo Rally Monkey night at the Big A.

welgo800
03-03-2012, 12:42 PM
^ face in palm....this is the only reason angels fans go to the games. oh and they now have "el hombre". torii who???

Grandma
03-03-2012, 12:53 PM
FUCK the rally monkey

thom cobain
03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
and fuck the Angels

zenidogx
03-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Not just any rally monkey. Cinco de Mayo rally monkey. Last year there were luchador masks.

zenidogx
03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
torii who???

he has a horrible first half last year, but eventually came around. Vernon Wells failed to replace Vladimir, but now with one of the greatest hitters ever in the lineup, both of these aging outfielders may come back to life.

gillster17
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
There is a great article on how over the years if the playoffs had this many teams most would of been above 90 wins. I like the add especially since it keeps a shitload of teams in the hunt in sept. This will make the end of the season very exciting and crossing my fingers the cubs the cubs fall into the playoffs with our torrid team.

Miroir Noir
03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
This is like something from Eastbound and Down: Jose Canseco banned from Mexican Baseball League for doping (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7658223/jose-canseco-play-mexican-baseball-league-denies-taking-banned-substance).

SepaGroove
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
he has a horrible first half last year, but eventually came around. Vernon Wells failed to replace Vladimir, but now with one of the greatest hitters ever in the lineup, both of these aging outfielders may come back to life.

Whoever bats in front of and behind Pujols is going to see a lot more quality pitches to hit and their numbers should definitely improve. I'm expecting Wells to have a bounce back season and possibly bat 4th in the lineup at some point.

I'm so excited for baseball season. I've been a lifelong Angel fan and have had to deal with a lot of mediocrity over the years. With Pujols added to the lineup and the stacked pitching staff I'm thinking World Series or bust this year.

Halos just gotta get through the fucking Rangers first.

paulb
03-16-2012, 08:47 AM
http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2012/03/16/wait-what-yankees-sign-andy-pettitte/

Wait, What? Yankees Sign Andy Pettitte
That cannot be correct. Alas, it is true. According to Jack Curry of the YES Network, the Yankees signed long-time starting and guy who hasn’t pitched since 2011 Andy Pettitte to a minor league deal, worth a reported $2.5 million.

Crazy. More to come.

buddy
03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Magic Johnson group buys Dodgers for 2 billion.

GeezrRckr
03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Did they keep the parking lots at 2B (I fucking hope)?!

TallGuyCM
03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Magic Johnson group buys Dodgers for 2 billion.

FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS

http://www.sportsmemorabiliaandmore.com/MLB/images/dodgerlogo.gif

GeezrRckr
03-27-2012, 07:47 PM
RIP McCuntcakes!

kronz420
03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Viva Los Doyers!

bmack86
03-27-2012, 08:25 PM
YES!

God, today has been SUCH a good day!

Miroir Noir
03-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I love that Frank McCourt is going to end up making millions upon millions after it's all said and done. What a cluster. I'm glad that this is over and I am pleased to see one of baseball's great franchises back in basic functional order.

nosurprises12
03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Great news about the sale; I'm glad all that shit is over with.

Did they keep the parking lots at 2B (I fucking hope)?!

From http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/7745566/los-angeles-dodgers-selling-team-magic-johnson-group-2b:

As part of the agreement, the Dodgers said McCourt and "certain affiliates of the purchasers" would acquire the land surrounding Dodger Stadium, including its parking lots, for $150 million. Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Tony Jackson that means the group will purchase half the Dodger Stadium parking lots, which were deemed to have a total value of $300 million, with McCourt keeping the other half. The source said it has yet to be determined how that relationship will work and whether the new ownership group still will be forced to lease the McCourt-owned half of the lots.

GeezrRckr
03-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Ugh. I want that scumbag to be 100% divorced from the Dodgers forever. This remaining tie is going to come back and bite Magic and his friends....watch. This cunt is holding on as tightly as he can just so he can (eventually) spite MLB, the Dodgers and, ultimately, the entire city of LA.

Or, maybe he'll choke on a peanut and we'll be free at last.

Gribbz
03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm glad that this is over and I am pleased to see one of baseball's great franchises back in basic functional order.

It's definitely good for baseball when the Dodgers are relevant.

nahuatldream
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I saw comments on various postings asking which parking lots the Dodgers own, and which McCourt owns. Ridiculous. McCourt needs to just be out completely. Hopefully that will happen soon as well. This is a great first step.

paulb
03-28-2012, 09:44 AM
What an opening day game for Seattle. Ichiro 4-5, King Felix 8IP 1 ER 6K.... should be fun to watch.

Grandma
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I really hope karma comes back like a sewer gator to bite McCourts dick off whenever he sits down to take his next piss, he dodged it by light years this time. I could give a cats ass about the dodgers. I've actually had a dreams of them being relocated by force to Anchorage and folding after their first season, it was beautiful, but no scrooge that retarded should be allowed to have control of a major league baseball team.

TomAz
03-28-2012, 03:37 PM
This is a horrible deal for anyone but Frank McCourt. Magic's group significantly overpaid. They're going to be devoting every $ of whatever TV deal they wind up with in paying off the $2 billion instead of investing in good baseball players.

Frank McCourt is laughing has ass off now.

Miroir Noir
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
The McCourt era really was unbelievable when you sit down and review it in its totality (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/22321/state-of-the-dodgers-crime-does-pay).

This is particularly unforgivable:

The far bigger shame was the evisceration of the Dodgers' international budget. The team that signed and developed standout prospects like Fernando Valenzuela, Pedro and Ramon Martinez, and Adrian Beltre fell to dead-last in baseball in 2010, spending a paltry $314,000 on international signings. It got even uglier last year, with the Dodgers spending a mere $177,000 (the next-stingiest team, the White Sox, doled out more than four times that much).

As referenced by Keri in the article above, The Collected Sins of the Frank & Jamie McCourt Era (http://mikesciosciastragicillness.com/2011/06/30/the-collected-sins-of-the-frank-jamie-mccourt-era/).

A particularly hilarious sin:

Paid (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/10/sports/la-sp-dodgers-psychic-20100610)Vladimir Shpunt, an elderly Russian self-proclaimed “faith healer” who knew little about baseball, approximately $600k to send the team ”V Energy” from his home in Boston. Yes, that’s a thing which really happened.

lehorne
03-29-2012, 08:54 AM
the amount of Padres drafted in yesterday's fantasy league is an indicator of the lack of talent on the squad. But "let's play team ball!". Again.

fikus222
03-29-2012, 09:26 PM
My Father and I just got tickets to this coming Monday's preseason game between the A's and Giants at AT&T Park. This will be our first game of the year, yeah buddy!!!

GolfWang
03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm going to the Diamondbacks home opener vs. the Giants with my Dad. I'm really excited even though I'm not a fan of either team. Should be a really fun way to kick off the season.

Gribbz
03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
I should be there too.

Gribbz
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I watched Catching Hell again. Still incredibly sad (for all parties involved).

EDIT* Confession: I almost teared up when Bartman leaned over to the people sitting next to him and said: "Do you think I did anything wrong?"

I hope he comes out of hiding one day and forgives Chicago.

theklein25
04-01-2012, 10:14 PM
He has to forgive Chicago? Doesn't Chicago have to forgive him lol

It's a great documentary nonetheless

Gribbz
04-01-2012, 10:19 PM
He has to forgive Chicago? Doesn't Chicago have to forgive him lol

I honestly don't know how you can say this after seeing the documentary...

Did you watch it in its entirety?

Miroir Noir
04-01-2012, 10:24 PM
The Bartman incident has always struck me as similar to the Buckner thing in that everyone in the team's paranoid, self-masochistic fanbase seems to conveniently forget that cursed or not, they lost the next game too.

theklein25
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah I've seen it. There's so much that went on for one incident that I can see how people choose a side.
He shouldn't have been listening to the game on the radio because that 6 second delay really screwed things up.
But he seems like a genuine person who had good things going, and really didn't hurt anyone.
You can say he cost them the game, but really that error by Gonzalez was worse.
People just have the instinct to blame something and use it as scapegoat.
The death threats and all that were a little over the top.

theklein25
04-01-2012, 10:27 PM
The Bartman incident has always struck me as similar to the Buckner thing in that everyone in the team's paranoid, self-masochistic fanbase seems to conveniently forget that cursed or not, they lost the next game too.

so true

Gribbz
04-01-2012, 10:28 PM
The Bartman incident has always struck me as similar to the Buckner thing in that everyone in the team's paranoid, self-masocistic fanbase seems to conveniently forget that cursed or not, they lost the next game too.
Exactly. The Bartman incident almost ruined the man's life... the Cubs choking isn't a new phenomenon.

theklein25
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Also there were multiple fans reaching out, and they interview that one guy who was so close to grabbing the ball as well. That's the part that irritated me, someone was gonna get that ball regardless.

Gribbz
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Also, I completely understand the fans' initially reaction. I probably would have yelled "asshole!" too at first. It's the actions following that were completely despicable.

theklein25
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I'd probably yell too, but that's as far as I go. I don't care enough to wanna kill someone. That shit just got crazy once everyone at the stadium knew who did it.
The impostor calling ESPN was hilarious though

Miroir Noir
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
The Giants sign Cain to a huge extension (http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7766104/sources-san-francisco-giants-work-extension-matt-cain).

Gribbz
04-02-2012, 02:32 PM
That's a lot of money. It had to be done though. The Giants' pitching is their only strength, really.

Also, Ubaldo Jimenez has been suspended 5 games for his actions yesterday against the Rockies.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7767204/mlb-bans-cleveland-indians-ubaldo-jimenez-5-games-hitting-colorado-rockies-troy-tulowitzki

Grandma
04-02-2012, 02:33 PM
!!!

nine day brawl
04-02-2012, 02:44 PM
As a Cubs fan, I'm with you Gribble. Everyone forgets that Alex Gonzalez boots the double play ball and place all the blame on Bartman. Stomach-churning indeed, and you can't help but feel for him.

Opening day Friday! I'll be at the Dbacks/Giants game with muh pops in the left field bleachers!

buddy
04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
MLB Extra Innings free trial April 5th-15th

fikus222
04-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Had fun at the ball park last night. A win with Posey, Wilson and the smell of Garlic on the Bay.

TomAz
04-03-2012, 08:58 AM
That's a lot of money. It had to be done though. The Giants' pitching is their only strength, really.

I don't have a problem with the money, but man the Giants took a risk signing a pitcher to a deal that long.

Miroir Noir
04-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't have a problem with the money, but man the Giants took a risk signing a pitcher to a deal that long.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007_images/fungoes_zito.jpg

summerkid
04-03-2012, 06:03 PM

Yeah, I'm against signing pitchers nearing 30 to long term contracts.

summerkid
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Man this park in Miami looks like it's going to play like Petco.

paulb
04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
the fact Right Center is 419 is insane! Good luck hitting home runs in that park! Good game for St. Louis so far. Lohse has been very impressive.

Gribbz
04-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm no marine biologist, but I'm certain all of those fish are going to die sooner than later.

Grandma
04-05-2012, 06:52 AM

Theres a first person shot of what the park would look like if you were sitting along the first base line towards the back of the first level of seats, but thats about the only vantage point in which anything in that ballpark is attractive. I assure you that statue of the illuminated whale puke behind the center field fence won't be there come next year.

Grandma
04-05-2012, 06:53 AM
I'm no marine biologist, but I'm certain all of those fish are going to die sooner than later.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/rovertbiggs/Discostu.jpg

Miroir Noir
04-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Kinda weird that my team isn't playing "opening day" until the fourth calendar date of the season in which games are being played.

lehorne
04-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Someone called in to the Dan Patrick radio show this morning saying the local Miami sports page headline was "New Fish Tank, Same Ole Marlins Stank". The show also had callers call in and give a Masters intro as Jim Nance "...as the heavens shine down on Amen's Corner....azaleas and birds greet the golfers like old friends...the pageantry of the Masters". Quite entertaining actually.

Anyway, it'll be tough against Clit Kershaw, but Go Padres tonight.

Robin
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
I have a feeling the Red Sox are going to disappoint me all season.

paulb
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
What a pitching performance by everyone today!

DRcube
04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyone watching the Dodger-Padres game see Clayton Kershaw's face when he was rounding first on that double? he looked so miserable.

paulb
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Longest Opening Day game in MLB history! Blue Jays vs Cleveland 16 innings! Blue Jays win!! WOO! I hope they make it as the 2nd wild card.

GuyInTucson
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
And in typical fashion, Manny Acta pulls Justin Masterson after eight and Chris Perez blows a three run lead and the Indians end up losing in 16. I fucking hate my god damn sports teams.

ArcadeParade
04-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm gonna try and check out a game when I'm down, leaning towards Dodgers - Pirates

kronz420
04-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Drove down to SD yesterday to watch the Dodger game. Good god parking is fucked down there. Nobody knew where they were going, all these small lots were full. Finally found parking all the way by 4th and B .... For 20 dollars! Padres pretty much handed the game to the Dodgers. Then Kemp hit a 2 run bomb to seal the deal. It was funny to see all the Padre fans start turning on their team before the first game was even over.

Gribbz
04-06-2012, 10:21 AM
GO DIAMONDBACKS!

Drove down to SD yesterday to watch the Dodger game. Good god parking is fucked down there. Nobody knew where they were going, all these small lots were full. Finally found parking all the way by 4th and B .... For 20 dollars! Padres pretty much handed the game to the Dodgers. Then Kemp hit a 2 run bomb to seal the deal. It was funny to see all the Padre fans start turning on their team before the first game was even over.

Huh, we didn't have trouble parking when we went over the summer. Anyway, Petco is such a fantastic ballpark. Love the variety of microbrews.

Drewbles
04-06-2012, 10:26 AM

Heading to the Royals/Halos game tomorrow.. GO KC!!! Sluggerrrrr is the shit!

bmack86
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I love it. The dodgers GIVE them the game, and then Kemp hits a 2 run homer. Sounds more like the Dodgers were the better team and took the game.

Miroir Noir
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Joe Girardi, over-managing in the first inning of the first game of the season, intentionally walks Sean fucking Rodriguez to load the bases for Pena. Pena! A guy who only hits fucking home runs.

Miroir Noir
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Nolan Ryan and Robin Ventura bury the hatchet (http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7783634/nolan-ryan-texas-rangers-robin-ventura-chicago-white-sox-meet-first-time-brawl). Still my favorite sports fight of all time, beating out Robert Parish punching out Bill Laimbeer, and basically any time two goalies get into a fight with each other while wearing all of the gear.

paulb
04-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Joe Girardi, over-managing in the first inning of the first game of the season, intentionally walks Sean fucking Rodriguez to load the bases for Pena. Pena! A guy who only hits fucking home runs.

At least they came back, but yes, Carlos Pena was a bad decision. Its always a home run or a strike out, bad guy to give the option of a grand slam.

lehorne
04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Carlos Pena was a bad decision. Its always a home run or a strike out

He is the epitome of that.

Pads need a win. MUST WIN game. I like Magic, but don't be showboating behind home plate you fucker.

TomAz
04-06-2012, 05:24 PM
The Padres haven't had a must-win game since the end of the 2010 season.

kronz420
04-06-2012, 06:34 PM
I love it. The dodgers GIVE them the game, and then Kemp hits a 2 run homer. Sounds more like the Dodgers were the better team and took the game.

Maybe you should read what I wrote again

theklein25
04-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Ok I'm watching the Dodgers just stick it to the Padres, thanks for the free runs. I guess these are the wins that will help contribute to our .500 record.

Gribbz
04-06-2012, 10:14 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/rovertbiggs/Discostu.jpg

Uh, I somehow missed this... but, LUL

Gribbz
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Also, Diamondbacks. Undefeated. Aww yeah.

lehorne
04-07-2012, 07:46 AM
The Padres haven't had a must-win game since the end of the 2010 season.

I know, it was an obscure inside joke. There is a guy on the Clipper board who has been labeling each game a "must win" for the past two weeks.

But, yeah, way to show up Pads. A whopping three total runs to start the season. Chase "40 ribbies all year and I play every game" Headley in the three spot, nuff said.

santasutt
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I have a feeling the Red Sox are going to disappoint me all season.

Be like me. Set the bar lower. Third place or bust. This could still get us a Wild Card game if things fall into place.

Gribbz
04-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Two innings, two home runs for Aaron Hill.

TomAz
04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey that Aaron Hill trade is still paying off.

Why did the Giants pitch Bumgartner ahead of Cain in the rotation?

theklein25
04-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Alternate between right and left handed ^

buddy
04-07-2012, 04:17 PM
If Kuroda is the Yanks number 2 starter, it's going to be a long season. However, Yanks fans can take solace in the Red Sox circus, which should be entertaining all season. I really think the Rays win this division this year.

ArcadeParade
04-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Jays with 2 huge wins, 28 innings in 2 games!

santasutt
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Jays with 2 huge wins, 28 innings in 2 games!

Calm the freak down, Canada.

It's only 2 games. Granted, it seems like decades since the Jays sniffed a pennant chase.

bmack86
04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Dee Gordon is a boss. 3 steals, 3 for 4, an RBI. Good game.

Grandma
04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
*sigh*

TomAz
04-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Karma's a bitch, Pablo Sandoval. you fat fuck. nice throw to the plate.

Gribbz
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I thought the Giants got a tough break on that one... replay then proved otherwise.

TomAz
04-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Well that's a satisfying way to start the season.

yes, I know, it's a long season. But still.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7rYQOJiy1Jk/TcduAy7zEnI/AAAAAAAACX0/h33ZV9QrZLo/s400/Broom.png

summerkid
04-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Dbacks are a very good team this year I could see them and the Cardinals playing in the NLCS...still don't understand the Kubel signing though.

Gribbz
04-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Depth.

TomAz
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
right, a bat off the bench and to sub for Parra on occasion, who is a great defensive LF but prone to slumps.

summerkid
04-08-2012, 07:53 PM
right, a bat off the bench and to sub for Parra on occasion, who is a great defensive LF but prone to slumps.

A lot of money for a bat off the bench.

Miroir Noir
04-08-2012, 08:02 PM
So the Rays are gonna be pretty good.

TomAz
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
A lot of money for a bat off the bench.

Yeah I think I got it backwards. Kubel will start most days and Parra will spell him. Parra had a nice year last year but no one seems to be confident he can repeat it, at least not at the plate.

TomServo
04-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Nice to see the World Series champs off to a great start. If Carpenter can pitch well this year, they should be competitive even without Albert Pujols.

Gribbz
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, Ozzie. Dumb bastard.

Grandma
04-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Barry Zito, i've been waiting for you to pitch like that since you donned the orange and black. Complete game shutout, no walks, less than 120 pitches, battled at the plate offensively and hit a fucking single, all at mile high! God that felt good.

TomAz
04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I bet it did, especially after watching Lincecum not be able to get a pitch over 91 mph on Friday.

Grandma
04-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Yesterdays game felt worse

isnate
04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
ZITO 2O12

GeezrRckr
04-10-2012, 11:57 AM
The Beach Boys version of the national anthem was just awesome. Every professional sports team ought to use that recording from now on.

Home opener at Dodgers Stadium. Wish I was there. Go Blue!

Down Rodeo
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Ethier & Kemp look like they'll be a nasty 1-2 punch this season. Finally.

rag and bone
04-11-2012, 09:51 AM
4-0. This team is so damn fun to watch.

GeezrRckr
04-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Ethier & Kemp look like they'll be a nasty 1-2 punch this season. Finally.
I second this not only for the Dodgers, but for my fantasy team as well. I was lucky enough to get Kemp with the 3rd pick.

nahuatldream
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I've had Kemp for three years in my keeper league, and so glad. Been a fan since he came up. Now, if only Loney would live up to his potential, consistently (and more pitching depth...)

thom cobain
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I took Kemp at number one and the league laughed at me. Go Dodgers.

Gribbz
04-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Goldschimidt is a fucking beast. Go Dbacks.

GeezrRckr
04-11-2012, 11:45 AM
I got him too.

Miroir Noir
04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I can't believe the Tigers blew that game.

lehorne
04-11-2012, 05:33 PM
holy shit Huston Street is in for the first time all year

dorkfish
04-11-2012, 08:47 PM
17 runs by the Rockies with no home runs has to be a record, right? That Rockies/Giants game was a total trainwreck for both teams at points (with the embarrassment arrow pointing towards the Giants after the 5th).

SepaGroove
04-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Takahashi fucking sucks. Every time the Halos put him in he blows the lead.

Angels had that game won today, pisses me off.

Miroir Noir
04-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Yankees home opener on right now, tempting me away from a timely festival departure.

bmack86
04-13-2012, 09:45 AM
So how bout them Dodgers?

Down Rodeo
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM

They're on fire! Thank Magic.

bmack86
04-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Aaron Harang?! Really?! 9 Ks in a row...

TomAz
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM

Padres and Pirates. That koolaid must be mighty strong. Third place team come September.

summerkid
04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Padres and Pirates. That koolaid must be mighty strong. Third place team come September.

This. My Pads are probably the worst team in the majors this year they look downright awful.

bmack86
04-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Tell me about the Pirates again, oh Diamondbacks fan?

Sorry, totally not me normally, but I've never seen the Dodgers actually win.

TomAz
04-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Tell me about the Pirates again, oh Diamondbacks fan?

Sorry, totally not me normally, but I've never seen the Dodgers actually win.

ahhahahahahaha, I knew this was coming. 162 games, bryan.

zenidogx
04-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Angels are looking like the team of yesteryear... a group of aging All Stars in the twilight of their careers.

GolfWang
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
gonna be loooooong season for the Red Sox. after losing their closer for half the year before the season even started, their best player in 2011 and MVP runner-up is going to be out until June at least. and they just sent their set-up man down to AAA. yet I still have high hopes for 2012.

Gribbz
04-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Brian Wilson will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the season.

zenidogx
04-19-2012, 06:08 AM
By the way, any Dodger fans see the list of bobbleheads that are being given away this year? Includes Fernando, Vin, and Koufax. Among others. At the very least I'm getting me a Fernando.

summerkid
04-19-2012, 09:44 AM
By the way, any Dodger fans see the list of bobbleheads that are being given away this year? Includes Fernando, Vin, and Koufax. Among others. At the very least I'm getting me a Fernando.

People still care about bobbleheads?

What about the zimbear?

Coachella Bound
04-19-2012, 07:32 PM
I love bobbleheads, have a Fernando. I actually try and collect pitchers.

Braves just busted this game open...

thom cobain
04-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I want a Vin Scully bobblehead.

Miroir Noir
04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Yankees, er Highlanders, spoil Fenway's 100th.

Robin
04-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Yankees, er Highlanders, spoil Fenway's 100th.

I don't even know why I bothered watching this game.

buddy
04-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Humber is one inning away from a perfect game

buddy
04-21-2012, 02:21 PM
One strike away

buddy
04-21-2012, 02:26 PM
He got it. 21st perfect game in history. Dramatic way to get it.

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Did he swing? Key play replay....

lehorne
04-21-2012, 02:28 PM
and they all started loving Bobby Valentine

buddy
04-21-2012, 02:28 PM
It looked like he checked, but they haven't showed different angles on the replay.

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2012, 02:30 PM
He'd get the call if it was anywhere close anyway. Got a number of very generous strikes in that last inning too.

buddy
04-21-2012, 02:30 PM
and they all started loving Bobby Valentine

give it time.

edit: yanks only down by 1 now. way to go, lehorne.

buddy
04-21-2012, 02:33 PM
He'd get the call if it was anywhere close anyway. Got a number of very generous strikes in that last inning too.

there's probably a reason they never showed multiple angles, but yeah when you're that close to a perfect game you'll probably get a few generous calls.

Miroir Noir
04-21-2012, 02:36 PM
give it time.

edit: yanks only down by 1 now. way to go, lehorne.

Haha yes!

lehorne
04-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Welcome.

Don't really care either way this year with Bo Sox/Yanks. Only have Granderson on my team (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=203383&teamId=7&seasonId=2012 ). Am listening to '2120 South Michigan Avenue' into 'Little by Little' though, which is way better than the game on TV.

Robin
04-21-2012, 03:00 PM
If the Red Sox blow this game, I'm going to punch my cat.

ps - Congrats to Humber! Wish I had cable so I could have watched. it.

buddy
04-21-2012, 03:02 PM
It's going to happen a lot with this bullpen, so i'll worry for the safety of your cat. And, they showed the last inning on fox.

Robin
04-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh, I was prob in the shower then. lol.
Pretty positive I'll catch the highlights later.

I'm staring my cat down right now. She has no idea what's coming.

Robin
04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
MOTHER TRUCKER!

Miroir Noir
04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Swishalicious. Warm up Robertson.

buddy
04-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I've already setup in my mind that this year was going to be circus/failure for the Red Sox, so anything positive that happens is gravy. But, I have a feeling that the Red Sox will see more of this all year.

lehorne
04-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Granderson should be getting those ribbies from the two spot. Feel robbed.

Up next though.

Robin
04-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I didn't have high hopes for them this year, either.
It'd just be nice to watch a win once in a while.

Miroir Noir
04-21-2012, 03:23 PM
The boobirds come out for Bobby V!

buddy
04-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt he makes it past this year.

lehorne
04-21-2012, 03:27 PM
The boobirds come out for Bobby V!

had gotten an internal standing O two innings ago

Miroir Noir
04-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Sox fans, Ken Rosenthal is right on about what he's saying: Larry Lucchino is fucking up your team.

buddy
04-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Lucchino is the reason Theo left twice, and probably the leak for the Francona stuff. Yet, sadly he'll never be let go.

Robin
04-21-2012, 04:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MissWhite/Misc/photo4-2.jpg

buddy
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm assuming that cat use to be all white, and is black from the beating so far?

paulb
04-21-2012, 05:09 PM
What an incredible come back! and congrats to Humber, very impressive! Great day in baseball!!

Robin
04-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm assuming that cat use to be all white, and is black from the beating so far?

She still hasn't fully recovered from last season.

TomAz
04-22-2012, 05:43 AM
ps - Congrats to Humber!

RICE OWLS REPRESENT WOOOOOOT

Coachella Bound
04-24-2012, 04:12 PM
off to the Dodgers game in a minute.... unless by chance they meet in the playoffs and i score tix, this will be the last time I get to watch Chipper Jones play live. Tonight is his 40th bday. Its been such an honor these past 20 + years, and he will be missed big time after this season. Hopefully they keep him around the clubhouse, maybe as a 3rd base coach

Grandma
04-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Chipper Jones is a class act and the same could be said for Pudge. Feels like just yesterday that these guys were drafted...

and what in the FUCK is wrong with the Royals!?

caeden
04-24-2012, 10:48 PM
they're the royals, that's what's wrong with them

Miroir Noir
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Harper gets the call up early.

waterandcoffee
04-27-2012, 02:23 PM
already had tickets to the game. fun!

zenidogx
04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Oq6Gx.jpg

TallGuyCM
04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
lul

buddy
04-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Bryce Harper debut and Strasburg pitching against the Dodgers tonight

Grandma
04-28-2012, 04:41 PM
fuck bryce harper

bmack86
04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
One double, one good catch. Not the worst intro ever, but far from the best.

Oh, and Dodgers swept the Nationals.

HotHamWater
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
One double, one good catch. Not the worst intro ever, but far from the best.

He also hit a sac fly to put them ahead in the 9th. I would say he had a very good debut, especially for a 19-year old.

I think it's stupid that the Dodgers fans were booing him. He's a teenager. A cocky teenager, but a teenager none the less. MLB pitching, a good veteran leadership, could humble him a bit. He has a ton of talent, and I hope it comes to fruition. I enjoy watching great players.

bmack86
04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Ah, I had to leave before the 9th last night, so I didn't get to see that. And I watch the games on silent while listening to records, but that's pretty shitty of the Dodgers fans. I thought it was cool to get to see a young prospect play his first games.

TallGuyCM
04-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Dodgers currently have the best record in the National League, and the second best in the entire league. And they were predicted preseason to be the worst team in the NL West. SO MUCH FOR PREDICTIONS!

rag and bone
04-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Dodgers currently have the best record in the National League, and the second best in the entire league. And they were predicted preseason to be the worst team in the NL West. SO MUCH FOR PREDICTIONS!

Someone predicted them to be worse than the Padres? Seriously?

TomAz
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah I don't think I read any predictions like that. Most predictions I saw had LA, SF, and AZ in a close three-way race, with the Rockies a good ways behind them and the Padres way way out of it.

Gribbz
04-30-2012, 10:24 AM

The season just started. I understand your excitement though.

TomAz
04-30-2012, 10:36 AM
How did you change your name?

Gribbz
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Pinch hitting only plz.

Diamondbacks eye Vladimir Guerrero

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7873637/arizona-diamondbacks-consider-adding-vladimir-guerrero-gm-says

How did you change your name?

My powers of persuasion.

nosurprises12
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM

That record also represents their best start to a season since 1981, a year in which they won the World Series. I doubt that will be the case this year, but a playoff appearance would be wonderful after back-to-back .500 seasons.