PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever stayed at/near Desert Breezes?

Tsar Bomba
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Pals of mine coming from England have a mini suite booked betwixt the four of them. I, as a Johnny-cum-lately, am considering whether it will be worth making the cross Atlantic trip.

If anyone has stayed, what is the security like? Would it be possible for the five of us to stay?

If anyone is staying near by, do they have any room for a little (6'5") one?

Weekend one by the way!

fibes
02-08-2012, 06:24 PM
yea i stayed there last year and have a room booked again this year, its a cool place. i don't recall seeing any security..seems like it would be easy. Our place last year had a couch with a pull out bed / separate living room so your mates should have plenty of room for you to crash.

its also DIRECTLY across the street from the tennis garden line shuttle, 45 second walk from door to the shuttle ...

lastly there is car camping for weekend 1 left, fly in rent a car and camp on site is an option

fibes
02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
shit also the big thing is this place is condo style layout where you enter your room from the outside its not like a hallway / hotel lobby you will have to walk through

verveman77
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
NOPE

Tsar Bomba
02-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Nice on Fibes!

So, in summary, you think it should be fine for the five of us to stay there? I was a bit thrown off by the lobby/outside bit. Does that mean it would be straightforward getting access.

Sounds like the location is ideal. Gonna get the camping situation boxed off as well, as a back-up plan.

Thanks very much for your help!

Tsar Bomba
02-10-2012, 12:33 PM
If I buy a camping pass, doesn't that mean I'm entitled to a whole pitch? Would I need anything other than my ticket if I found some kindly soul who was willing to let me join their pitch?

Stickjohn
02-10-2012, 07:14 PM
If someone else lets you stay in their campsite (pitch) all you would need is your festival pass. If you buy a camping pass you get your own camping spot (but would need to have a car in it - that's how car camping works.)

Tsar Bomba
02-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks Sticks John. Probably a good idea to try and get involved in someones pitch as a back-up plan.