PDA

View Full Version : British Guy making first visit this year ANY infomation helpful

ltrusco
02-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm a 23 year old from England, coming over for Coachella with my girlfriend this year it isnt my first time to America but is my first time to Coachella!

We have booked car camping, we are renting a car and driving down from San Francisco where we are staying first with some family.

I was looking for any infomation or hints and tips that we may find helpful!

Anything however small or large would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Liam

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Don't be a tool. Stay hydrated and have fun. Sunscreen , shade and water will be your most important elements for the week.

maniroses
02-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Wear an England footy top, carry a St George's flag with you at all times, try and bring as much Carling as you can physically carry and be a tool.

EndersRapture
02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Hey, you guys are going to have a blast. Definitely constantly put on sunscreen. I wear a hat so I don't sunburn my scalp. Wear comfortable, light clothes because it is going to be hot on the fields. I would check out this thread: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?51522-Coachella-2012-The-Essential-Guide-To-Car-Camping

It has some good camping tips..as well as a link to another thread that lists the sort of supplies is recommended for camping. It could have something you don't think to bring:

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?17537-**Coachella-Camper-s-Survival-Kit**

MoSetsfire
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
American girls love British accents. There is a direct correlation between how British you sound and how much pussy you get (pending you arent an uggo)

DubA169
02-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I msgd you

daneskiiiz
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
me too. check your private messages

nyarlathotoats
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
don't take any wooden nickels

EastLos01
02-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Make sure you don't wait until you're already burnt to put on the sunscreen. If you want to get some sun great, but keep it down to about 10-15 minutes. I've seen too many people beet red by the end of day one and the rest of the weekend is miserable.

hippityhip
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
It's fucking hot in the desert. You're probably pasty white. Sunscreen is your friend. That is all.

KCsunny
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I loooooooooooooooove british guys! Are you good looking? Send me a pic! :lips

MoSetsfire
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM

exactly my point.

hippityhip
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
He does have a girlfriend keep your pants on.

Note to self: In next life become British dude.

clleadz
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
There seem to be a lot of people from England heading over - we should try and arrange some sort of British party in the campgrounds one evening. I live in California now (moved from UK 2 years ago) and am very much starved of contact with Brits

mivelmo
04-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Hey, I'm coming over from England with 3 of my mates and would be up for some sort of British party. How did you manage to move to California out of interest?

kvnty
04-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm a 23 year old from England, coming over for Coachella with my girlfriend this year it isnt my first time to America but is my first time to Coachella!

We have booked car camping, we are renting a car and driving down from San Francisco where we are staying first with some family.

I was looking for any infomation or hints and tips that we may find helpful!

Anything however small or large would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Liam

ditch the bitch and make the switch

CiderMouseRules
04-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Just get water, rest, and sunscreen always before you need it. The Coachella Valley is a desert. A real one, the kind that can kill you. Start hydrating before you arrive, put on sunscreen every 30 minutes for the first half of the day, and if it's 105 degrees out... don't stand in front of the Outdoor stage from noon until 3pm. Find some shade, skip half a set, and take a twenty minute nap. Don't eat a ton of gross greasy food and icecream; try to eat basic stuff like chicken and veggies.

Just be extra sure to take care of yourself, and the glorious fun will find you. It really is a beautiful time.