PDA

View Full Version : It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

locachica73
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I have never been contacted by any religious guys. I don't think you need to specifically state that -- isn't it implied by the absence of religious content?

Or maybe it's just the string of garlic around my neck in all my photos.

You would think, but most guys who contacted me never even read the profile so it didn't help anyway. I also got contacted by a lot of married guys which you wouldn't expect on a dating site either. Twice I got calls from the wives after meeting the husbands.

faxman75
02-15-2012, 12:00 PM
What gives? Is it the chase? >=(

It's more like a chess match. He's also either married or uploaded a fake photo and isn't quite sure how to procede with these delicate issues in the back of his mind.

chiapet
02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
That's lame, Barb. I'll be a little less cynical than Mark and say maybe he's insecure and worried you won't like him much in person. Or maybe he was waiting until after Valentine's. If you were really interested in going out with him, you should suggest a time and place :)

scenicworld
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
This is what happens when you go on a date with a redditor.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11030104/corydate.JPG

Anytime a guy makes a meme in my honor, he gets a point in his favor. Unless it's mean, haha.

Cameron Frye
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
i hope that baby runs for president one day when he's older

chiapet
02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Anytime a guy makes a meme in my honor, he gets a point in his favor. Unless it's mean, haha.

That's awesome. And I could totally see you with a redditor.

HotHamWater
02-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Anyone ever done speed dating? I did once, nothing came out of it.

Start at post #100.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?23997-Thread-in-which-you-talk-to-me-about-speed-dating/page4&highlight=speed+dating

M Sparks
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
That a girl sleeps with a guy a lot older than her doesn't necessarily mean she has daddy issues... if she, you know, wanted to call you daddy, that's another thing. :)

I said fetish, not issues. But yeah, just an older guy fetish I guess. There was no weird daddy stuff. Other weird stuff, yes...

So, for those who hadn't heard of OKC before, there's a reason we prefer it to the other free option, Plenty Of Fish. Well, aside from the atrocious web design. It's, perhaps, the worst gene pool on the planet. I swear I didn't have to look very long to find this, under the section where you describe your ideal date.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/marc242/1stdate.jpg

herro kitty
02-15-2012, 12:14 PM
It's more like a chess match. He's also either married or uploaded a fake photo and isn't quite sure how to procede with these delicate issues in the back of his mind.

Well, he has a lot of photos that look like the same person. He's 27, so I don't think he's married yet?... I dunno

That's lame, Barb. I'll be a little less cynical than Mark and say maybe he's insecure and worried you won't like him much in person. Or maybe he was waiting until after Valentine's. If you were really interested in going out with him, you should suggest a time and place :)

I was the one who messaged him :) But he wasn't really giving me an "in" to ask him out, so it was sort of a surprise when he asked me instead. But oh well. I'm not waiting by the phone for him or anything :)

chiapet
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
So ask him, Barb. At worst he doesn't reply or declines?

Kyliediscope
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Tom,
Re-read my post. I never used the word mature. I said that I've had experiences in my life that have caused me to grow up a lot faster than most people my age.

Who ever said this,
What is the "real world"?

scenicworld
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
That's awesome. And I could totally see you with a redditor.

Yeah, it's a plus. That was one of our topics for discussion. Which subreddits we follow and various meme stuff. I drew the line when he started talking about /r/spacedicks though. gross!

MoSetsfire
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Tom,
Re-read my post. I never used the word mature. I said that I've had experiences in my life that have caused me to grow up a lot faster than most people my age.

Who ever said this,

I think the real world is a general reference to life after you've achieved financial independence.

herro kitty
02-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Dude: Maybe we can grab a drink or hang out sometime and you can tell me about how Coachella is a big part of your life.
(7 days later)
Me: Hey! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was on a 7-day cruise to Mexico this past week and just got back! I'd love to have a drink or get lunch with you and talk about Coachella and music in general. When are you usually free? :)

And it's been 3 days, no response. He has been online since then, too. Am I doing something wrong?

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Tom,

Who ever said this,

I'm saying this to just prove a point that fuck you.

I know I am going to grow and change in the next ten years of my life, but to say I am not emotionally mature enough to date is silly.

I think the point everyone was trying to make is that tragedies and hardships do not make a person a better partner, and that young age, for the most part, still presents a person who doesn't have it all figured out yet - who might not be a good partner for an older person. Don't wrap around the word "mature" too much.

guedita
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
The real world is you trying to make your immediate surroundings as exactly similar to your favorite television shows as possible, Kylie. You know this.

kreutz2112
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Dude: Maybe we can grab a drink or hang out sometime and you can tell me about how Coachella is a big part of your life.
(7 days later)
Me: Hey! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was on a 7-day cruise to Mexico this past week and just got back! I'd love to have a drink or get lunch with you and talk about Coachella and music in general. When are you usually free? :)

And it's been 3 days, no response. He has been online since then, too. Am I doing something wrong?

dude's probably butthurt you didn't invite him on the cruise. after all you DID contact him.

kreutz2112
02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
The real world is you trying to make your immediate surroundings as exactly similar to your favorite television shows as possible, Kylie. You know this.

This works for me as my favorite show is The Real World.

Kyliediscope
02-15-2012, 12:26 PM

Tried to do that with Law & Order SVU, but things got a bit... messy.

Hannahrain
02-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Last night Netflix told me that I may enjoy L&O: SVU because I liked Roseanne.

scenicworld
02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
That makes a ton of sense.

Hannahrain
Remember that time Dan hid DJ's friend in a shackly sex dungeon and kept it secret until Becky heard a faint scraping coming from the basement and found him?

M Sparks
Am I doing something wrong?

Stop going on great vacations and focus on strangers who maybe want to hang out sometime and pick out keywords from your profile to make it seem like they are really interested.

M Sparks
02-15-2012, 12:30 PM
L&O: SVU

Is it the unit that is special, or the victims?

guedita
02-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Remember that time Dan hid DJ's friend in a shackly sex dungeon and kept it secret until Becky heard a faint scraping coming from the basement and found him?

Yes. When Michelle handcuffed him, it was so cute how she said, "You got it, DUDE. Jail time!"

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 12:35 PM
They should make Law & Order: Misdemeanors and Warnings.

Example: "You guys turn the noise down. Don't make me come back here!" (Hammer sound)

Hannahrain
02-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Law & Order: Regulatory Infractions

herro kitty
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Noo Marc, I messaged him a few weeks ago and we have been chatting about music and Ender's game and shit. This is about 11 messages in. But oh well, it's not a big deal. There are other guys that I like more anyway :)

I think I do better at festivals and concerts. It's just been a while since I've had to put my A game on and flirt. How do people start up after falling off the horse?!

weeklymix
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Darlene was in an episode of SVU in 2008. Maybe that's it.

Edit:
So was Becky in 2004.

Fourthisto
02-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I think the point everyone was trying to make is that tragedies and hardships do not make a person a better partner, and that young age, for the most part, still presents a person who doesn't have it all figured out yet - who might not be a good partner for an older person. Don't wrap around the word "mature" too much.

You make a valid point, but at what age are we supposed to "have it all figured out", because I sure as hell missed that meeting. :(

Last night Netflix told me that I may enjoy L&O: SVU because I liked Roseanne.

Netflix likes to mess with people. It told me the other night that I should watch RuPaul's "Drag Race" because it was "More like Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

MoSetsfire
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
do these guys message you? do you message them? it seems like everyone I click on says they have a full inbox and some of the girls actually look pretty terrifying. My curiosity is fadingggg

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
I've been drunk a lot and I think it's made me more worldly.

Bukowskiian

guedita
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Wait. I confused Roseanne with Full House.

(hammer noise)

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Law & Order: Truancy Patrol

You make a valid point, but at what age are we supposed to "have it all figured out", because I sure as hell missed that meeting. :(

See: "Bridge" from the Facebook thread. Sometime before that age, apparently.

weeklymix
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Haaaaaaaa @ Cara. Still it must recommend titles based on actor crossover though you'd think it wouldn't include Law & Order because anybody who's been on television seems to wind up as a killer or grieving family member on those series.

Kyliediscope
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I enjoyed Law & Order: Noise Complaints quite a bit.

hippityhip
02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
My parents were rich and paid for college and bought me a car. I've had a job since I was 16. Still worked when I was in college to pay my rent and have taken nothing for granted. Shut the fuck up about having it rough making you see the world clearer.

No need to be rude rich boy.

"Extreme Hopes are born of extreme misery" - Bertrand Russel

guedita
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Patricia Richardson (the mom from Home Improvement) is in one of my all time favorite SVU episodes.

At what date do I tell the person I'm dating about my unhealthy relationship with television?

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
That's how you should find your date, Cara. Let the television be your guide.

weeklymix
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Christopher Meloni hopefully left SVU so he can do more stuff like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KKEnxJreVlA/TA1JoKkaO3I/AAAAAAAAA0g/YwJVD4UgkJ8/s1600/fear.jpg

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Speaking of television, I almost dated Mary-Kate Olsen once. Of course, that's not entirely true.

HotHamWater
02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey, what's everybody's favorite color?

Hannahrain
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Despair.

mountmccabe
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
do these guys message you? do you message them? it seems like everyone I click on says they have a full inbox and some of the girls actually look pretty terrifying. My curiosity is fadingggg

If it says they have a full inbox that means they're in a relationship.

guedita
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Hey, what's everybody's favorite color?

Lonelinessyellow.

faxman75
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Mother's Milk
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
The Uplift Mofo Party Plan
Californication
Self Titled
Freaky Styley
One Hot Minute
Stadium Arcadium
By the Way
I'm With You

MoSetsfire
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Mother's Milk
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Californication
Self Titled
Freaky Styley
One Hot Minute
Stadium Arcadium
By the Way
I'm With You

Whats with the RHCP catalog?

mountmccabe
02-15-2012, 12:58 PM

I am sure plenty of the people are terrifying and/or into things you are not into. This isn't the sort of thing where you have to get everyone to like you so they'll let you go on a date with the person you find interesting. You message the people you find interesting/people that like you message you and it goes from there. It is not going to work great for everybody and it doesn't have to be your only way of meeting people.

chiapet
02-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Barb, is it possible that he's playing some game of waiting a certain number of days to respond? (As you hadn't responded for a week -- albeit with good reason). Seriously, I would just ask him out. :)

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Coffe Bean. Wednesday 10:50am.

"He'll be here soon.", she thought to herself. A man enters and stands in line awaiting his turn to order. The woman stands up awkwardly and takes a peek at his profile. "Is that him? It sort of looks like his picture...He said he'd be here at 10:45....Maybe I should ask.." She's overthinking again. "Excuse me, are you Brian?", she asks timidly but with enough volume so that others can hear. "No.", he sharply replies to her. He turns further towards the menu. She's made a fool of herself again. "Maybe, he sent me a different picture...? What about that guy? He's not quite the description but I do like his jawline..." her eyes continue to wander the 800 sq ft store, hoping she may have sat at the wrong end and missed him on the other side.

Her desperation was felt by all. She didn't want to believe she was stood up again in this cold city. It was already bad enough to meet someone thru online dating. Now the guy doesnt even show up? Did he walk in and see her ? Did he run after he saw what a self described full figured woman looked like? She had already approached two strangers in hope of them being her one true fish in the sea. Why couldn't it just be one of them instead of the familiar taste of rejection. It didn't help either that this was a date planned for the morning after a lonely Valentines day for one.

I felt sad for her.

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Mother's Milk
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Californication
Self Titled
Freaky Styley
One Hot Minute
Stadium Arcadium
By the Way
I'm With You
Stadium Arcade is too low on your list, unless you're going from Worst to Best

nathanfairchild
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
STOP

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
In the name of love?

Courtney
02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Collaborate and listen?

faxman75
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
STOP

I haven't dated with any sort of regularity in about 4 years. START is the correct answer. You fail.

guedita
Need more Bridge life updates.

nathanfairchild
I haven't dated with any sort of regularity in about 4 years. START is the correct answer. You fail.

it was more to stop any further derailing.

faxman75
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Need more Bridge life updates.

Have you checked the FB thread? I added some gold. I've started test trials on a couple other people but i'm not sure if anyone is entertained by the newbs.

faxman75
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM

I know what you meant. Stop dwelling please and relax a bit. The foolishness will pass. I brought it back around by mentioning my dating drought.

kitt kat
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Well I opened a can of worms with the maturity argument. It was a poorly structured point I was trying to make.

Anyway, I think he got it because he didn't text me all night and then this morning, I got a text that said, "No worries, man. Hope it was fun."

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
He called you "man".....Wooooop Katt! You back in the friend zone!

AlecEiffel
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
He probably did get it, but he also might pretend he didn't. Expect him to ask you out again.

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM

RHCP album ranking has everything to do with dating

Tubesock Shakur
02-15-2012, 01:47 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzbftrRoMr1qa0xvbo1_250.png

TomAz
02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Tom,

Kylie,

Re-read my post. I never used the word Kylie. I was speaking in generalities.

Thanks,

Tom

Tubesock Shakur
02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
5 bucks says we get a molestation story.

chiapet
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
He called you "man".....Wooooop Katt! You back in the friend zone!

Yup, sounds like he got it :P

weeklymix
02-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Kylie,

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

This thread and most threads revolve around Kylie.

Thanks,
Zack

TomAz
02-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Mother's Milk
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Californication
Self Titled
Freaky Styley
One Hot Minute
Stadium Arcadium
By the Way
I'm With You

A List Of RHCP Albums That Have Been Release Since Fax Last Got Laid

Hannahrain
02-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Now that I give this some actual thought, I'd probably separate "maturity" into two very different areas. Maturity in terms of wisdom about the outside world comes through experience and increases with age. There is no substitute for the passage of time and experiences when it comes to wisdom, and people with years on you who haven't spent them in an isolation chamber will always be ahead of you here. Maturity in terms of self-awareness, on the other hand, can come when you've spent enough time with yourself to settle into who you are, which doesn't have a particular chronology. Knowing about the world and knowing things about yourself are totally different types of knowledge and "maturity" with totally different abilities to influence your relationships with other people.

I also think people who like to consider themselves particularly mature early on do so because they have "mature" priorities and interests, like starting a family or working on a career or finding a permanent mate, and don't see a distinction between priorities and their actual internal development as humans.

I tend to feel like the biggest issue when addressing age appropriateness is the second type of maturity. But then, I'm 24. Ask me again when I'm Tom's age.

PotVsKtl
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Sixty-one.

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm sure 64% of the board has been molested

guedita
02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
By Pot.

faxman75
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
A List Of RHCP Albums That Have Been Release Since Fax Last Got Laid

hey ohh!

10/10

Courtney
02-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Board, I am sorry.

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Best thread of 2012 for Misc forum

Gribbz
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Tom,

This thread and most threads revolve around Kylie.

Thanks,
Zack
Hahahaa.

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Now that I give this some actual thought, I'd probably separate "maturity" into two very different areas. Maturity in terms of wisdom about the outside world comes through experience and increases with age. There is no substitute for the passage of time and experiences when it comes to wisdom, and people with years on you who haven't spent them in an isolation chamber will always be ahead of you here. Maturity in terms of self-awareness, on the other hand, can come when you've spent enough time with yourself to settle into who you are, which doesn't have a particular chronology. Knowing about the world and knowing things about yourself are totally different types of knowledge and "maturity" with totally different abilities to influence your relationships with other people.

I also think people who like to consider themselves particularly mature early on do so because they have "mature" priorities and interests, like starting a family or working on a career or finding a permanent mate, and don't see a distinction between priorities and their actual internal development as humans.

I tend to feel like the biggest issue when addressing age appropriateness is the second type of maturity. But then, I'm 24. Ask me again when I'm Tom's age.

I can't believe you knocked isolation chambers like that, after we spent all those hours building them - and spent all those years sitting in them - at our craft corner. I may have not received a wisdom of love, work, and life... but I learned a valuable lesson in darkness, madness, and one time I even was visited by the devil.

That being said, it does seem as though wisdom is the bulk of what we see as maturity. I suppose the two words are somewhat synonymous, unless we also take the cannibalistic consideration of maturity, which is when a person is their most tender, flavorful, and ripe. I think something worth pointing out, as well, is that experience doesn't necessarily grant wisdom - if we say that wisdom/maturity is the attribute that allows a person to make the right choice in a decision. I know people that have experienced hardships only to have escaped with certain prejudices and biases that can misinform them - the very opposite of wisdom/maturity. That seems to suggest that wisdom doesn't only come from world experience and good self-reflection, but also from having an inherent strong will and bravery. So, maybe the most important attribute to look for in a date is if they have that strong will and bravery, which will allow them to be wise and mature.

Clearly, this all comes back, full-circle, to isolation chambers. Place your prospective date into an isolation chamber, with a dead body, and see if they come out with their mind intact. If so, they are "mature," no matter what their age. And that is why we must not underestimate the valuable experience of being inside an isolation chamber.

Hannahrain
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I usually just rap on them with my knuckles and listen for one that sounds hollow. It's faster.

Kyliediscope
02-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Kylie,

Thanks,

Tom

Sorry. I'm being defensive.

suprefan
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
5 bucks says we get a molestation story.

from who......

Cameron Frye
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM
yea WTF?

Cameron Frye
02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
this should prbly be in the default thread - but i'm currently listening to sufjan and feeling sorry for my single self

i'm gonna go dry hump my couch while crying now

Tubesock Shakur
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
85% of you assholes. Especially Kyle.

Mugwog
02-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Tubesock being a puppet from the ghetto was definitely fisted at a young age

weeklymix
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Board, I am sorry.

Thread of the year.

Alchemy
02-15-2012, 06:31 PM
This will be a successful thread. I imagine that one day, there will be a TV commercial of it, and there will be happy couple, holding each other by their fancy island, in their fancy kitchen, and the man will say, "Before It Rubs the Lotion..., I was a complete mess when I would try talking to girls. I'm still a complete mess when I talk to girls, but now none of those girls are my sisters," and the woman he is embracing will say, "He is paying me."

Courtney will then appear before a board of photos of handsome and beautiful people, and she will say, "None of these people were brought together by It Rubs the Lotion..., but that means that they are out there, available for people who read the thread... Or not... I don't know if these people are dating anyone... And if they aren't, I don't know if anybody that reads the thread will ever meet, much less hook up with, any of them." (Law & Order hammer noise.)

Courtney
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I strive to contribute meaningfully to my online community. By demonstrating that you probably shouldn't date a single person who has posted in this thread. You can thank me later.

Courtney
02-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Also, this is interesting:

How to Nail an Online Liar: It's All About the Words (http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/02/15/how-to-nail-an-online-liar-its-all-about-the-words/)

herro kitty
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Damn. I wish there was a polite way to ask for a photo holding up today's newspaper or something.

weeklymix
02-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Well now I know what to write to lie and force uncomfortable dates.

M Sparks
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Wait. I confused Roseanne with Full House.

I almost did the same thing. I think they both have kids names DJ.

M Sparks
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
RHCP album ranking has everything to do with dating

Agreed. I would not date anyone who bothered to rank them.

jimmycrackcorn
02-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Worst.... Thread.... EVERRRR

but
I
Cannot
Stop
Reading
It

The horror

chiapet
02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I had an awesome date tonight. :)

sonofhal
02-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Rohypnol can be like that.

scenicworld
02-16-2012, 06:24 AM

yay!

Robin
02-16-2012, 06:53 AM

Ooooh?
YAY!

faxman75
02-16-2012, 06:56 AM

That's great!

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm flying to Denver tomorrow. My friend Sarah who I'm going to visit is setting me up with a date Saturday with one of her friends. Here's hoping I bag a doctor. I've always wanted to be a stay at home dad.

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Worst.... Thread.... EVERRRR

but
I
Cannot
Stop
Reading
It

The horror

good stuff...gooooooooood stuph

guedita
02-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Haaa....OKcupid matched me up with a 93% with someone I know, who way back when we were studying abroad we had a very flirtatious-almost-let's-hook-up thing with before getting serious with my boyfriend there. Every random time we've ran into each other or hung out since then it's also always been a flirty, "why didn't hook up?" vibe.

chiapet
02-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, you should definitely send him a message, if he's local. An easy way to initiate that "why don't we hook up?" vibe again.

NachoCat
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
You should stop letting your smarts get in the way of the oppressed slutty feelings you have.

guedita
02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh, I did, of course. I'm pleasantly amused by the coincidence that he's even on there. He like, lives in an art warehouse and is a total burner. We spent like 2 weeks in Holland staying up together til the sunrise talking and exploring together. Mad chemistry.

guedita
02-16-2012, 10:05 AM
You should stop letting your smarts get in the way of the oppressed slutty feelings you have.

This makes zero sense.

chiapet
02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
That's awesome, Cara. I have a feeling you're going to end up having more choices in guys than you have time to actually hang out with.

GuyInTucson
02-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Tell us about it... unless you deem that to be inappropriate. :)

chiapet
02-16-2012, 10:23 AM
There was nothing about the date that would be inappropriate to post about, but I'm going to resist because the guy is pretty tech/internet savvy and it would take very little research on his part for him to figure out I post here under this username.

I had a great time though, and we've talked about a next date and I really hope he follows through on it. :) (If he doesn't contact me within a couple of days to set it up, I will ask him out again).

NachoCat
02-16-2012, 10:26 AM
This makes zero sense.

To much thinking. Not enough sleeping around. What stopped you guys from making something happen before? You were overseas with the guy and nothing happend? Seems like a perfect oppurtunity. Most of the time people are more sexually adventurous when traveling.

guedita
02-16-2012, 10:33 AM
The fact that I was falling in love with and starting a relationship with another guy is what prevented us from hooking up before. D'oh.

Newro7ic
02-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Hearts just get in the way.

faxman75
02-16-2012, 11:26 AM
To much thinking. Not enough sleeping around. What stopped you guys from making something happen before? You were overseas with the guy and nothing happend? Seems like a perfect oppurtunity. Most of the time people are more sexually adventurous when traveling.

It should be that way, right? I feel more awkward and protective or something. I hate it. I struck up a nice conversation with a sweet girl in Vienna after the Girls concert. We chatted about where she was from and what she does. We both seemed to be enjoying each others company, talking about music and stuff and instead of asking her to go have coffee or something, I said ........ it was nice meeting you, goodnight. fml

chiapet
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
I am also really not very good about having reckless casual sex on vacation. :P There have been some really hot opportunities, but I never took them very far, and then of course I've regretted it later. The only time I really, really tried to get laid while traveling, I was targeting a friend (who lived overseas), and there was tons of flirtation and absolutely no sex. :(

In my/his defense, he is a coworker, and we worked immediately together at the time. Once he changed jobs (still a coworker but we rarely work together), he expressed some regret too. Aaaand I've never had an opportunity to see him again. :(

Ross1492
02-16-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm going to wade in here at some point. For the time being I'm taking comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in my romantic foibles.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm going to wade in here at some point. For the time being I'm taking comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in my romantic foibles.

just be careful how you word your stories, these people are ruthless.

M Sparks
02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
OK, so I sent her a text last night trying to firm up some plans for this weekend. No answer. Part of me knows that she's just kind of bad at checking her phone. I had sent her a text when I got back into town that she never answered, but then a few days later when I sent her something else, she said "Welcome back!". So I don't think she read the other.

However, I sent her one this morning too that asked if she got the one from yesterday. So now I CAN'T follow up again. Either she's brushing me off, or she's just busy and hasn't been reading her texts and then I'm the guy who keeps texting her all paranoid. Also, today is her day off, so she might not be the type who is glued to her phone when she is not working.

I'm thinking I need to call tomorrow, but she works all day so I wouldn't want to call until after work, and then it's kind of late to make plans for Friday night. I could call tonight on my break.

What say you, ladies? Wait it out? Everything so far has been positive, and it's pretty normal for her to not be in contact during the week. I should have made specific plans when I had her on the texting hook for hours last weekend, but I'm dumb.

guedita
02-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Sounds like it's time to start emailing her pictures of your bulge with "I miss you THIS MUCH" as the email title.

M Sparks
02-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Finally some good advice.

Robin
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Sounds like it's time to start emailing her pictures of your bulge with "I miss you THIS MUCH" as the email title.
Best... idea... EVER!!

faxman75
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Are there really people out there who don't have their phones on them almost always? And when they don't they come back to their phone and ignore the messages on it? That seems odd to me. I also don't buy that people "miss" texts. I think over the course of a decade that has happened maybe 10 times to me. It would be pretty coincidental that someone you recently met started to miss their texts. I suppose she could just be an odd bird but it just sounds intentional to me or at least shows little interest on her part. If a gal is into a guy and the guy is attempting to communicate with her, I would think she would at least respond.

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
OR WE COULD ALL KILL OURSELVES.

guedita
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Is she elderly, Marc? Elderly people are bad with text messaging.

psychic friend
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
There is no way I would not reply to a text from a guy I was interested in. It may take a few hours if I am really busy or driving.

Newro7ic
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
There is no way I would not reply to a text from a guy I was interested in. It may take a few hours if I am really busy or driving.

Yup.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Mark I think this dame should get the Gin Blossoms treatment

I.F.A.
02-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Are there really people out there who don't have their phones on them almost always? And when they don't they come back to their phone and ignore the messages on it? That seems odd to me. I also don't buy that people "miss" texts. I think over the course of a decade that has happened maybe 10 times to me. It would be pretty coincidental that someone you recently met started to miss their texts. I suppose she could just be an odd bird but it just sounds intentional to me or at least shows little interest on her part. If a gal is into a guy and the guy is attempting to communicate with her, I would think she would at least respond.

I hate having to have a phone, regularly forget to charge it, rarely check it when I'm out doing something, and if I don't have any important reason not to and can get away with it I'll go an entire weekend without looking at it once. But, I am also a card-carrying "odd bird", so there's that.

And, Marc, I think you're fine to call her tonight. Maybe even just bring it up casually and ask her whether she prefers making plans with calls over making plans through texts.

M Sparks
02-16-2012, 12:53 PM
If a gal is into a guy and the guy is attempting to communicate with her, I would think she would at least respond.

I agree, but there is plenty of evidence. Some times she doesn't respond to direct questions, other times she converses for hours, with her initiating. Actually, everytime we've talked for a long time, she initiated it.

Maybe she has a split personality. :)

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM
She sounds great

Newro7ic
02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree, but there is plenty of evidence. Some times she doesn't respond to direct questions, other times she converses for hours, with her initiating. Actually, everytime we've talked for a long time, she initiated it.

Maybe she has a split personality. :)

Drunk and sober sounds like her split personality. I would call her, but I'm also a glutton for punishment. If anything, from what you've described here of your history with her, she has shown ambivalence. Ask yourself if it's worth it to invest any further. She's either playing games, or doesn't respect you enough to respond to your texts. Either way, you (and any other person), deserves better.

M Sparks
02-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Is she elderly, Marc? Elderly people are bad with text messaging.

A bit younger than me for once. So, yes, I guess, since I am ancient.

Mark I think this dame should get the Gin Blossoms treatment

Was waiting for that, but she invited me that time.

I hate having to have a phone, regularly forget to charge it, rarely check it when I'm out doing something, and if I don't have any important reason not to and can get away with it I'll go an entire weekend without looking at it once. But, I am also a card-carrying "odd bird", so there's that.

And, Marc, I think you're fine to call her tonight. Maybe even just bring it up casually and ask her whether she prefers making plans with calls over making plans through texts.

Thanks. And you are one of my favorite people, Amy, so I'm OK with odd birds.

I.F.A.
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Plur. <3

casey
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but I have a really outdated phone (like, it doesn't have internet, all it does is call/text, and it can't process all picture messages) and even though it's always around, I'm not glued to it. So, I may not see someone's text for a few hours or until the next day and sometimes I think I will respond later and forget to do it. If I was interested in a guy though, I would definitely check and be on top of texting back. It sounds like she is brushing you off but trying to be polite.

GuyInTucson
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM

I just spit soda onto my screen.

GuyInTucson
02-16-2012, 01:02 PM

I rarely have my phone on anything but silent...

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Send one message and wait for the ball to return

If you call again/text/ leave a voicemail you may lose points

This is the game

chiapet
02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Marc, I'm going to say it again. I think directness is the best option. Just call her.

I agree it sounds a bit like she is brushing you off but think it would be best to call and find out, rather than trying to guess. There might also be reasons other than lack of interest. Perhaps having not had a firm date set with you, she already made plans and is being bashful about admitting that? Who knows?

Yes, there are really people that don't have their phones on them at all times, and who don't immediately respond to messages. I *have to* answer my cell phone, immediately, for work, during 70 hours of every goddamn week. During the hours that I'm not obligated to take calls, I frequently put my phone in another room and ignore it until I'm oncall again. And if I miss calls and texts during that time, I don't necessarily rush to review them and respond to them. There is no ulterior motive directed against any person... I just need a break from being reachable.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I tend to text only for a little bit then work my way into phone calls. There is just too much ambiguity regarding context in texts.

Robin
02-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Maybe she broke the screen on her phone and is waiting for you to call....

chiapet
02-16-2012, 01:16 PM
^^ I have actually had that happen with two friends lately, why it didn't occur to them to just call to find out who was texting is beyond me.

NachoCat
02-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey I was just blow drying my hair thought I heard the phone ring. Has that ever happened to you? Call me we'll talk about it

Still-ill
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I just updated my OKcupid account from over a year of idleness. I've always had much more luck with real life dating, in comparison to the online stuff. I used to write these witty, well thought out messages, only to receive no return message (after a "SO-SO" has checked out your profile message). Could never figure that one out... UYD once touched on that fact, that there was a survey done, where women had rate messages they received from "moan" to "groan". The nice, polite messages got "groan" and the filthy as fuck shit got "MOAN".

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah the witty thought out messages I've written get profile creeps, but no replies. Perhaps I should do a numbers game and message every woman in LA about analingus only

Robin
02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I think I've only replied to 1 message, thus far on OKC and that was because I was drunk.

Does anyone else judge based on screen name, or am I that picky? A guy named "gianormousperv" messaged me. I don't think I want to go on a date with anyone who uses that as a nick name.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
I think I've only replied to 1 message, thus far on OKC and that was because I was drunk.

Does anyone else judge based on screen name, or am I that picky? A guy named "gianormousperv" messaged me. I don't think I want to go on a date with anyone who uses that as a nick name.

What about "The beast from the Middle East." thats what my soccer coach used to call me

Courtney
02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Hahaaa Robin I think that's totally fair. I wouldn't respond either.

Courtney
02-16-2012, 01:39 PM
And yeah, I have sort of stopped responding to messages. I'm getting depressed at the pickings -- I don't want to go out with any of these guys.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 01:41 PM
And yeah, I have sort of stopped responding to messages. I'm getting depressed at the pickings -- I don't want to go out with any of these guys.

I told myself I'd give it a week before I deactivated my account. I don't think I'm ready to accept the internet as a medium for dating though.

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm sure the island is very small after a few years

Robin
02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
What about "The beast from the Middle East." thats what my soccer coach used to call me
Was your coach named Sandusky?

Too soon?

I told myself I'd give it a week before I deactivated my account. I don't think I'm ready to accept the internet as a medium for dating though.

I pretty much only signed up for OKC for shits and giggles (in case you didn't realize from my profile pic).
I may not have dated in a while, but I'm really not in the mood to get into anything right now.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Was your coach named Sandusky?

Too soon?

I pretty much only signed up for OKC for shits and giggles (in case you didn't realize from my profile pic).
I may not have dated in a while, but I'm really not in the mood to get into anything right now.

Its never to soon for a Sandusky joke.

I havent looked at any of y'alls OKC.

i don't know how I feel about dating. I'd prefer if it just happened without me realizing it was happening, because I don't see myself putting forth much effort to make it happen for myself.

chairmenmeow47
02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey I was just blow drying my hair thought I heard the phone ring. Has that ever happened to you? Call me we'll talk about it

I SEE WE'RE PLAYING PRISON RULES!

Gribbz
02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
The only online dating sites I've heard about are eharmony and match.com. How is Okcupid different?

chairmenmeow47
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
OKCUPID is free.

also, i've had three great dates with a guy i met off there. we're going to see the artist next week :)

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Stupid hot boy I was hooking up with texted me out of the blue this morning.

How does one let someone else know "Hi, just because I text you and ask to hang out doesn't mean I'm looking to be your girlfriend. I would very much just like to come over, drink and smoke and sleep with you sometime in the next week."

downingthief
02-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Stupid hot boy I was hooking up with texted me out of the blue this morning.

How does one let someone else know "Hi, just because I text you and ask to hang out doesn't mean I'm looking to be your girlfriend. I would very much just like to come over, drink and smoke and sleep with you sometime in the next week."

Just like that!

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Looking for a less weird way to phrase that sentiment.

guedita
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
He texted you asking you to be his girlfriend?

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Katt just suck his dick and then dont let him sleep over.

BAM

Friends with benefits zone

You let someone sleep in your domain, then they get comfy in it, keep your territory

Gribbz
02-16-2012, 02:26 PM
He texted you asking you to be his girlfriend?

Exactly. Maybe he just wants to bone again.

guedita
02-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Exactly. Maybe he just wants to bone again.

I just want to be friends, Dale. Please stop asking me to marry you with the posts you make on this board.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
No he texted me this completely unprompted thing about a band I really like.

Gribbz
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
I just want to be friends, Dale. Please stop asking me to marry you with the posts you make on this board.
http://i43.tinypic.com/b5pjid.gif

chiapet
02-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Yea, just like that. Just keep it casual/breezy, make sure it's clear you're just looking to hang out / hook up not go on a date.

Alchemy
02-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Poor Kat.

chiapet
02-16-2012, 02:42 PM

So? He was thinking about you. Maybe he was just thinking he would like to bone you.

Step up and be a big girl, Kat, tell the guy you want to hang out and fuck him again.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM

I still dont follow, unless you have a strict no talking just fucking rule.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Well it can't happen this week.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I still dont follow, unless you have a strict no talking just fucking rule.

It wasn't an invite to hang, and the last time I asked him to hang out (maybe he didn't get it) he never responded to me.

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Pffft, real men get their Red Wings

casey
02-16-2012, 02:46 PM
He probably wants to keep fucking you, so maybe he thinks he has to show an interest in you beyond fucking so you will continue to fuck him.

Alchemy
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Maybe there isn't a problem at all?

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Katt just needs to yum already.

Gribbz
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
He probably wants to keep fucking you, so maybe he thinks he has to show an interest in you beyond fucking so you will continue to fuck him.
Probably this. I had a "friends with benefits" type situation and the girl got mad at me because I wasn't really interested in hanging out with her beyond that.

MoSetsfire
02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
It wasn't an invite to hang, and the last time I asked him to hang out (maybe he didn't get it) he never responded to me.

He didn't respond to your request for sex, but then sent you a text about a band you like. I would be more concerned about him having a boyfriend rather than you being his girlfriend and i don't even know what you look like.

But seriously, I wouldn't read too much into it. If you don't mind me saying it just seems like you create pretty rar reaching scenarios out of relatively small events. I get that you are in an emotionally tough place but you have to let your guard down a little bit, you're shooting civilians.

I get that I don't fully understand your situation, but unless I am missing something texting a girl about a band doesn't immediately translate into "lets date" or ive been rejected more times than I know.

Alchemy
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe Kat really is just super awkward, after all?

JorgeC
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Pffft, real men get their Red Wings

gross. Mugwog, i salute you.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I saw him on Friday night. He had plenty of opportunities to suggest we continue hooking up then because I basically talked with him the whole night. But he didn't.

It's weird. He's weird. For being such a hot dude, he's pretty awkward and has some baggage I can sense...The first week or so we hung out, it was every night and we went to dinner and he was pretty sweet with me. I dunno, maybe I'm just sad about it.

Mugwog
02-16-2012, 02:58 PM
SEDUCE HIM

kreutz2112
02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
How are your dance moves, Kat? Favorite Sade album?

Gribbz
02-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Whatever you do, don't put on Sade. Unless you want to be laughed at.

EDIT* Ha, Kreutz knows.

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Smooth Operator was on the radio when I was driving into work this morning.

Coast to coast, LA to Chicago

chiapet
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Kat, don't assume that he understands that you would be cool with just being a hook up, unless you've already made that clear to him. Guys can be dense. If you hung out every night and he took you to dinner, the first time you guys hooked up, he may assume that you would expect something more this time around.

Look, if you slept with the dude and he is texting you again, weeks afterward, he wants to fuck again. I think it's even more clear since he hasn't been in communication with you the whole time. If he was not interested in seeing you again, he could have just continued to not call or text.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I'll wait to see if he texts me back.

TomAz
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I saw him on Friday night. He had plenty of opportunities to suggest we continue hooking up then because I basically talked with him the whole night. But he didn't.

This is obvious. He was spent. He'd shot so much wad on Thursday night or during the day on Friday that he was afraid he'd embarass himself if he tried again so soon.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Well, OK. He just texted back asking if I was seeing said band tonight.

chiapet
02-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Kat, I am going to be a huge hypocrite, and give you the advice that I've gotten from my friends (that I have absolutely not been acting on myself). Don't assume the guy knows what you want or what you're interested in. He can't read your mind. Even though you've already slept together, he can't really assume that you'd be interested in something casual. It's FAR tougher for him to raise this topic with you, than for you to raise it with him. It's almost impossible for him to ask without looking like an incredible asshole. Whereas, a woman asking a guy for casual sex? At worst he will be flattered but won't take you up on it. I'm absolutely certain he won't hate that you offered it.

HowToDisappear
02-16-2012, 03:25 PM
I honestly never believed that anything could be more horrifying than Randy's Powder Heroin Thread, and ever take its place in my mind as Worst Thread Ever. Until this one.

Uhhh, congratulations Courtney?

I may run away from the board forever now.

faxman75
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Kat, I am going to be a huge hypocrite, and give you the advice that I've gotten from my friends (that I have absolutely not been acting on myself). Don't assume the guy knows what you want or what you're interested in. He can't read your mind. Even though you've already slept together, he can't really assume that you'd be interested in something casual. It's FAR tougher for him to raise this topic with you, than for you to raise it with him. It's almost impossible for him to ask without looking like an incredible asshole. Whereas, a woman asking a guy for casual sex? At worst he will be flattered but won't take you up on it. I'm absolutely certain he won't hate that you offered it.

Someone sticky this.

I don't understand how some people see this as a horrible thread. It seems more productive than most actually.

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 03:57 PM

from my time on OKC & match...i'd say match is worth "the investment" has any guy sent you anything remotely interesting?

yea online dating burn-out...well sort of i guess

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwl68tvboA1qjemo2o1_500.gif

It's weird. He's weird. For being such a hot dude, he's pretty awkward and has some baggage I can sense...The first week or so we hung out, it was every night and we went to dinner and he was pretty sweet with me. I dunno, maybe I'm just sad about it.

so you don't want a BF, yet the first week OR SO you guys were together every night?

now you want to put on the brakes? i mean WTF Kat...is there something i missed?

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 04:01 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/icwhutudidtherep1.gif

Hannahrain
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Libby? She doesn't look particularly Jewish.

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 04:13 PM
She's a Ron Paul fan. I keep scattering hay around her pen but she always turns her backside away from me when I approach. Should I send her a DVD of Chopping Mall for President's Day?

Hannahrain
02-16-2012, 04:15 PM
So that's why she's repeatedly mocking Herman Cain.

Robin
02-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Kat,
You really need to start being honest with people. Making excuses to not hang, or beating around the bush in hopes that the other party will understand is giving you more stress than it should. These guys are putting in time, effort and money towards you and you're just playing head games with them. If you keep up with these games, then they'll eventually give up and just drop you all together. You can potentially lose great friends.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 04:19 PM
so you don't want a BF, yet the first week OR SO you guys were together every night?

now you want to put on the brakes? i mean WTF Kat...is there something i missed?

Yeah you missed the whole situation. It happened long before this thread existed.

Long story short: We hung out pretty much every day for a while like we were a couple, then he flat out stopped talking to me. I ignored him, we hooked up a few times more but overall still a jerk. My friends who are also friends with him tell me to stay away because he's very inept and weird with girls. He is also like supermodel hot. It is a befuddling situation.

santasutt
02-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I apologize if someone's declared this in the previous 65 pages but this is the best worst thread ever.

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah you missed the whole situation. It happened long before this thread existed.

Long story short: We hung out pretty much every day for a while like we were a couple, then he flat out stopped talking to me. I ignored him, we hooked up a few times more but overall still a jerk. My friends who are also friends with him tell me to stay away because he's very inept and weird with girls. He is also like supermodel hot. It is a befuddling situation.

ahhhhhhh, ok things make sense now for your current "situation". thanks for clearing that up

i guess don't over think anything right now, especially if you're not looking for anything too serious. enjoy the flakey hotness, i think...

Robin
02-16-2012, 04:24 PM
from my time on OKC & match...i'd say match is worth "the investment" has any guy sent you anything remotely interesting?

Since I just signed up on Valentine's Day, I've been getting a lot of "Happy Valentine's Day. Did you do anything fun?"

But the one I did reply to said, "Now that is a fucking endearing photo if I ever saw one!"
Of course, my drunken reply was, "It's my best side."

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Try hot-glueing coins to your leg and emailing him a picture of your vagina looking like a frowny face.

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Since I just signed up on Valentine's Day, I've been getting a lot of "Happy Valentine's Day. Did you do anything fun?"

But the one I did reply to said, "Now that is a fucking endearing photo if I ever saw one!"
Of course, my drunken reply was, "It's my best side."

for a drunk reply, not half bad Robin

PotVsKtl
You could spray your bear musk all over a scrap of flannel and tie it to his car antenna at night.

guedita
Does Libby tweet?

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Does Libby tweet?

She has an account but the only thing that's on there is OATS OATS OATS. I think it's some sort of post-modern statement about Monsanto. I sent her this last week

@libbyendthefed what will it tk 4 u 2 present to me gurl

No replies yet.

Robin
02-16-2012, 04:32 PM

I just had to quote this because it's fucking gold.

guedita
02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
She has an account but the only thing that's on there is OATS OATS OATS. I think it's some sort of post-modern statement about Monsanto. I sent her this last week

@libbyendthefed what will it tk 4 u 2 present to me gurl

No replies yet.

Probably more of a "paper in the flesh" kind of gal. Let her know that recycle bin diving is a hobby of yours, see if she bites.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Well I responded. Ball is in his court.

Hannahrain
02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Probably more of a "paper in the flesh" kind of gal. Let her know that recycle bin diving is a hobby of yours, see if she bites.

I'd probably unfollow. Llamas don't eat oats. She's just one of those scantily clad Twitter alpacas trying to direct you to a paysite with a flimsy groat-loving ruse.

amyzzz
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm getting way too much vicarious excitement through this thread.

Alchemy
02-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Is it all the llama and alpaca talk?

Hannahrain
02-16-2012, 04:39 PM
So it's just mammals in general, then.

guedita
02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm assuming that's how Pot found her initially (but didn't want to draw attention to his cameloid fetish).

Libby most likely words for this pimp:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/pubs/llama.jpg

ods..
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Maybe there isn't a problem at all?

Maybe Kat really is just super awkward, after all?

Ah, the nail, on the head, you've hit.

it.

amyzzz
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Llamas and kats, prrrr-rowr.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I asked where the show was. He replied with where it is. Nothing else.

Is he trying to invite me? Or just being a dick? What should I say back?

scenicworld
02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I thought it was established that it was time to start sending pics of your buldge. no?

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM

i really don't think he's trying to invite you and i WOULD NOT respond back...if he texts you back again then go. if not just watch parks & rec or the office...or pop in High Fidelity

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM

I recommend you crawl into a dark hole and never emerge. With sex.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-16-2012, 05:42 PM

What did you say, just "where is it?"

Do you ahve any idea if he's going or not?

I don't know if he's being a dick or not, but it honestly just seems like he saw that a band he remembers you liking was playing and texted you about. Is this guy generally aloof and dumb?

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, he's pretty awkward and weird especially through text.

He said: "Are you going to their show tonight?"

I said: "Where are they playing?"

He says: [where band is playing]

I was thinking of responding with: "Oh rad, didn't know they had a show. Are you going?" but it looks like everyone here thinks I shouldn't respond...?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Eh, why not? If you don't wan to see him, don't, but if this is some casual thing and you're getting your bone on with a super model looking dude, what's the harm in it? His response will be yes or no, no big deal. As long as YOU know what you want from him, and you're aware he's an idiot, just go with the flow.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I just want to hang out with a hot dude tonight, guys.

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm busy here at work

kreutz2112
02-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Jesus. Fucking spoon fed. Just say "I wasn't planning on it...". If he wants you there he'll invite you.

TomAz
02-16-2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/crash/grand/30892215_accident_gif.gif

faxman75
02-16-2012, 06:42 PM

I was thinking of responding with: "Oh rad, didn't know they had a show. Are you going?" but it looks like everyone here thinks I shouldn't respond...?

Through text this all seems straight forward. I would click send on that response and stop reading into it. Definitely ask if he's going. Hell, maybe see if he's up for a drink even if he's not going to the show. Go for it!

Newro7ic
02-16-2012, 06:45 PM
He's not fucking us, and we're not trying to fuck him. So, do what you want.

I find it genuinely amusing that you keep calling him awkward. If I cared more I would find a pot calling the kettle black picture.

nathanfairchild
02-16-2012, 06:48 PM

this doesn't really seem to imply anything. i'd say the same thing to my friends.

Newro7ic
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
this doesn't really seem to imply anything. i'd say the same thing to my friends.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FRIENDS with benefits. I mean, come on, it's in the phrase. I don't know what more you could want. It sounds like a conversation I would have with any of my friends. I don't see the awkwardness in it at all. At the end of the night, you might fuck. Seems legit to me.

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Stop being a derp and make shit happen.

Try four loco or something stupid. I know all kinds of drunk whores who broke free with booze.

chiapet
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I have to agree with Goat. Stop being dense. You are being just as weird/terse as he is.

Ask him if he's going and tell him you could be convinced to go if he is.

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Ask him if he perfers a finger in his ass when he's getting deep throated.

Something...anything is better than this lame ass tension. Blow it or blow it trick.

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Stop being a derp and make shit happen.

Try four loco or something stupid. I know all kinds of drunk whores who broke free with booze.

crazy quattro's aren't stupid bud...they're genius

look how fucking great that can looks...i miss the stuff

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z454/cameron632/camloko.jpg

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't drink dye, corn syrup or malt liquor tho.

I get loco off whiskey straight up. Anyway, this little girl need to go to Barnes and noble and drink coffee.
Rock and roll is best with sex and drugs....she's doing it wrong.

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't drink dye, corn syrup or malt liquor tho.

I get loco off whiskey straight up. Anyway, this little girl need to go to Barnes and noble and drink coffee.
Rock and roll is best with sex and drugs....she's doing it wrong.

is B&N a solid pick=up spot? i may do that tomorrow

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
You think a retard like me would know?
I read kindle.
I don't like being in public.
I've avoided women and everyone else my whole life.

I know how to judge and stereotype though. SQuares fit into square holes and so on.

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
The last girl I flirted with trying to get some tail(5years ago)
I ended up drunk and was molested by her and her friend.

I dot really have a stance on that, but it made my girlfriend pretty upset when she caught them.
I just took some tequila shots and was playing a guitar and the next thing ya know...

I didn't even know these girls. So what I'm saying is real life dating can be sketchy, booze makes shoit happen and things will work out if you just let go.

Just blow it

Cameron Frye
02-16-2012, 07:47 PM
wow, bro

wow

marooko
02-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Where you in your late teens, early 20's?

I had a similar situation, but it was just booze, no guitar. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had one.

Goatchella
02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I wasn't dating my girlfriend at the time.

I was 24 at the time and the girls were like 19 and 21.
Cuervo is the worst.

Wheres the beef?
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Go the fuck away.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I asked if he was going, no response. He posted on Twitter he was at the show.

This is very typical of him. Want to kick him out of my Coachella timeshare.

EDIT: He just texted, but it's all the way back on the westside. He said, "if you're still at work, come through."

UGH WTF DUDE

PotVsKtl
02-16-2012, 08:27 PM
You should probably blow up a big balloon of scalding water in your uterus.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
You should probably blow up a big balloon of scalding water in your uterus.

Thanks for the tip!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
This guy is definitely much more of a retard than he is an asshole.

chiapet
02-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Someone just contacted me on OKCupid... to point out a spelling/word error on my profile. Shame.

marooko
02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
hahaha. Asshole.

kitt kat
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Hahahaaha what a prick.

kreutz2112
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Someone just contacted me on OKCupid... to point out a spelling/word error on my profile. Shame.

That dude and Cara. 100% compatible.

Alchemy
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm considering getting myself a bimbo.