PDA

View Full Version : It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

guedita
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
It's easy for someone like me who is married to sit here and tell everyone else to be patient, but Gunz is right. There shouldn't be any stress in jumping into anything unless you're severely co-dependent. I used to rush things with women because I was simply impatient. I used to get frustrated about being single to the point where I was settling for women I probably should have avoided. About a year before I met my wife I really stopped worrying about what women perceived me. I learned quickly that no matter how portray yourself, people are going to perceive you differently. When I met her, we were in totally different situations at the time, so we remained friends for a year and a half and I was totally fine with that.

In the past I would have pushed things, but I figured that I would eventually get my chance and if I didn’t I would have no problem continuing a friendship with her. I didn’t really desire a relationship unless it was with her and I didn’t really invest much emotionally when we were friends.

Circumstances changed and we got together in October of 2005 and have been together ever since. The difference in why I was able to hold a relationship with someone I truly cared about is that, in the past, I would tend to put too much pressure on myself when I would meet someone I like. It would ultimately come out awkwardly and I would scare women off. Then, when I first met my wife, I really just stopped giving a fuck about how people perceived me and just relaxed. Had I been the same person as I was 12 months prior, it probably wouldn't have worked out.

It kind of just happened when I didn't expect it. I was not really looking for a commitment nor was I in the mood to date. We just clicked right away and it grew from there.

Plus, being single isn't all that bad. I know a lot of you feel like the girl you want to date / commit to / marry doesn't have to share the same interests as you, but I advise you to commit to someone who is at least open to trying. The biggest (and really only) setback of being in my situation is that she doesn't get the idea of going to music festivals and shows. She's never been a festival and it will be hard to ever convince her to go to one. She has a condition that will make it tough to work through several days of a festival and she gets anxiety around large crowds of people.

Since we got together, the amount of concerts and festivals that I have attended have dropped dramatically. So, if you are really big into travelling to countless festivals and going to dozens of concerts and shows each year, make sure you commit to someone who is at least willing to give shows / concerts / festivals a shot. She really is a great human being and I wouldn’t want to be with anyone else, but that’s really the only slight issue in my relationship and marriage.

Holy fucking moly. Congratulations to all of you that are married or in committed relationships and shit, but this thread, I believe, is a light hearted place for people to converse and share stories about the activity of dating.

Once I went on 3 dates with a guy and on the 4th date he showed up without a hat and he was severely balding and I felt incredibly lied to. But then I made him buy me a keg for my 20th birthday and never spoke to him again.

marooko
02-08-2012, 10:17 AM
This is where you can talk about the sort of scary crazy people you meet while online dating or otherwise attempting to break out of singledom. And those of you who are happily in relationships can post about your relationships too. I suppose. As long as you don't gloat about it too much. Because then I might punch you.

:).

Newro7ic
02-08-2012, 10:19 AM
GLOATERS

marooko
02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
High maintenance bitches.

HotHamWater
02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Courtney only said that because she's too nice and didn't want anybody to feel left out. But, really, we don't want to hear about your goddamn success stories. This thread is to discuss dating/single matters, and positivity should have very little place in the discussion.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Holy fucking moly. Congratulations to all of you that are married or in committed relationships and shit, but this thread, I believe, is a light hearted place for people to converse and share stories about the activity of dating.

And those of you who are happily in relationships can post about your relationships too.

guedita
02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
My boy cat, Vlad, doesn't like the same music as me, so I usually put my ear phones in when we are hanging out together at home. He has his own interests (hiding in places, scratching things) that I was into a long time ago but have moved on from. We make an effort to spend time together every night in bed -- he sleeps right above my head and often nuzzle noses periodically throughout the night. It's not forced, it comes naturally, and I think this is because we allow one another explore our own interests. Best of luck to you all.

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm in no rush to jump into a relationship, honestly. I'm far too busy trying to figure out the correct number of cats that it takes to fill the boyfriend shaped hole in my heart.

kreutz2112
Note to self: don't wear a hat.

SoulDischarge
Simultaneous cat posting! High five!

guedita
02-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm in no rush to jump into a relationship, honestly. I'm far too busy trying to figure out the correct number of cats that it takes to fill the boyfriend shaped hole in my heart.

Check out OKCatpurr.com

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 10:26 AM
It's all the same on that site. "Looking for lovable food provider." "Likes long pieces of string and chicken that falls off the stove." "Loves to purr, but will bite you when enough's enough."

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Courtney only said that because she's too nice and didn't want anybody to feel left out. But, really, we don't want to hear about your goddamn success stories. This thread is to discuss dating/single matters, and positivity should have very little place in the discussion.

"I ONLY WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTAIN OTHERS WHOSE DATING LIFE IS AS MISERABLE AS MINE!!!"

guedita
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM

It wasn't directed at you necessarily, but the barrage of people in relationships consecutively posting about their successes and giving unsolicited advice as to how to date while underhandedly hinting how joyous it is that they don't have to date violated the gloating rule. I also just want more horrific dating tales displayed in full.

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Theif, are you gonna ask if you could hold a door open for her? Make sure it feels right before you do so.Bwahahha! Ah, my first crazy laugh of the day. Thank you.:cool:

amyzzz
02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Courtney asked for it.

guedita
02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
It's all the same on that site. "Looking for lovable food provider." "Likes long pieces of string and chicken that falls off the stove." "Loves to purr, but will bite you when enough's enough."

"Looking at birds in my free time!" Where the fuck is the originality? Vapid feline sluts.

marooko
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
In reference to 4th's comment.

Do you really think that's what I was referring to?

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
It wasn't directed at you necessarily, but the barrage of people in relationships consecutively posting about their successes and giving unsolicited advice as to how to date while underhandedly hinting how joyous it is that they don't have to date violated the gloating rule. I also just want more horrific dating tales displayed in full.

I once took a girl to a baseball game in 2003. She kept hinting that she had to leave early and wasn't very patient with me. She knew I was just trying to get laid, but in all honesty, I would have dated her in a second back in those days. But she had a boyfriend at the time that I didn't really like, so I figured I would try to see where I could get. It failed. I looked pathetic.

That girl's name? Ivy Quihuis.

We are now friends. The end.

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
horrible dating story:

my worst date happened "organically". we met in class. but i think he was only attractive in class because he was the only person under 40. we'd only had like two classes together and didn't really chat much at all, but he asked me out so i said yes.

i met him at his local bar. when i told the bartender my name, she said "oh YOU'RE ivy, i've heard so much about you". really? he's hardly heard anything about me.

we then drive to a pool hall. on the way there, his radar detector keeps beeping. he keeps hitting it and bitching about the noise. apparently he didn't know how radar detectors worked.

then he proceeds to tell me about how his ex-girlfriend recently had an abortion (it was his baby) and he was upset about it.

oh, but things get better. he tells me how happy he is that i agreed to go out, because masturbation was getting kind of old.

we hadn't even arrived at the bar yet.

we play some pool, have a little conversation. i can already tell i'm not interested. but i love pool and he was driving, so whatever. his friends then join us for pool. they all proceed to spout copious sexual comments to me and he says nothing. luckily i can kinda snark back at stuff like that, but it was annoying.

he was trying to think of things to do after pool, but i didn't really want to be alone with him. i should have just told him to take me to my car, not sure why i didn't do this. his friends suggest we go to a strip club where one of them works. i say fine, because at least we won't be alone and it will be entertaining.

the strip club was the best part of the evening. his friend was a ghetto bitch who could booty shake like no one's business. i spent the rest of the evening watching and talking with her.

on the way home, he kept saying my drive was so far and i could sleep at his place. i told him no thanks, and went home. after that, he texted me a few times asking to study, but eventually i had to break the news i wasn't interested. i made a reference on myspace to the horrible date and his stupid tattoo (but no name), and apparently one of my friends was his friend. awkward.

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
I once took a girl to a baseball game in 2003. She kept hinting that she had to leave early and wasn't very patient with me. She knew I was just trying to get laid, but in all honesty, I would have dated her in a second back in those days. But she had a boyfriend at the time that I didn't really like, so I figured I would try to see where I could get. It failed. I looked pathetic.

That girl's name? Ivy Quihuis.

We are now friends. The end.

hahhahahahhaha, i also had been on acid all night with a group of friends the night before. i had maybe an hours sleep before he got to my apartment and spent most of the time on my phone :x

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Once I went on 3 dates with a guy and on the 4th date he showed up without a hat and he was severely balding and I felt incredibly lied to. But then I made him buy me a keg for my 20th birthday and never spoke to him again.

This sounds like something that would happen to Andre from the show "the League". In fact... was it this guy?

http://i51.tinypic.com/13zwinr.jpg

GuyInTucson
hahhahahahhaha, i also had been on acid all night with a group of friends the night before. i had maybe an hours sleep before he got to my apartment and spent most of the time on my phone :x

I blame Lisa Marie for my shortcomings.

frizzlefry
Top Dating Deal Breakers of US adults

Poor hygiene - 84 percent
Using their mobile phone too much; constantly texting, checking email 75 percent
Being rude to a server or host/hostess 73 percent
Talking too much about an ex 70 percent
Flirting with the server or host/hostess 61 percent
Date drinking too much alcohol 60 percent
Aggressive driving 49 percent
Not offering to pay for the whole date, or at least to pay for their share 33 percent
Being too expensive of a date (e.g. ordering the most costly food and drink) 31 percent
Talking about your potential long-term future together 30 percent
Using websites or social media (e.g. Facebook) to find out information before the date 26 percent

Sounds like 134 percent of Americans can't make up their fucking mind

fatbastard
Bald motherfuckers and their hats.

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Do you really think that's what I was referring to?

No, but it works on so many levels! (two)

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Fail...it's what they want you to do

nathanfairchild
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
last relationship i was in was 3 years ago. i'm starting to think i might be waiting too long for my next relationship.

locachica73
02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I also just want more horrific dating tales displayed in full.

I went on a date with a guy who I thought was pretty cool, we had a good time drinking beers and after drinks we went to the park, had some pretty great conversation and then we went back to his car. He was geting ready to get out of the car and went in for the kiss. We just making out and all of a sudden he made the noise... you know the noise... uhhhh uhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhh. I looked at him like WTF? he had at some point removed himself from his pants and rubbed it. It all took about 3 minutes and he looks at me and says ummm do you have anything? WHAT???? NO??? So I look around and all I could find was a plastic bag. He takes the plastic bag, jumps out of the car, cleans himself, tosses the bag in my car and runs. I sat there for a good 10 minutes wondering what the fuck had just happened. I didn't hear from him again until about 4 months later. When he called me again I had no idea who it was (I had deleted his number obviously) I had thought it was a new guy I had been talking to with the same name. We talked for about 20 minutes before he says "I would really love to see you again"... I had never met the person I thought it was so all of a sudden I realized who I was talking to and hung up. My friends and I nicknamed him quickdraw at that point and I kept his number under that name so I would never answer again.

marooko
02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I went on a date for my birthday and got so drunk I passed out in the car. When I woke, we were in front of my house. :).

Oh wait, I was waiting till she got off work and got drunk. We never went on the date because I passed out. Sorry for the mix up, I was drunk and it's all kinda foggy.

casey
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Okay, I won't share my dating successes anymore. Here's the opposite: I dated this guy for a few months casually who was clearly using me to rebound from his ex, but it was fun so I went with it. One time after a date we came back to his apartment and his roommates were having a party. My date's ex was there. She gave me dirty looks the entire time and after my date and I went to bed, she drunkenly "stumbled" to his room and "passed out" halfway on the bed. My date told me that he was going to move her into the bed and we could all share it together. Not surprisingly, he didn't see anything wrong with this and said he was just being a nice guy.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I went on a date with a guy who I thought was pretty cool, we had a good time drinking beers and after drinks we went to the park, had some pretty great conversation and then we went back to his car. He was geting ready to get out of the car and went in for the kiss. We just making out and all of a sudden he made the noise... you know the noise... uhhhh uhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhh. I looked at him like WTF? he had at some point removed himself from his pants and rubbed it. It all took about 3 minutes and he looks at me and says ummm do you have anything? WHAT???? NO??? So I look around and all I could find was a plastic bag. He takes the plastic bag, jumps out of the car, cleans himself, tosses the bag in my car and runs. I sat there for a good 10 minutes wondering what the fuck had just happened. I didn't hear from him again until about 4 months later. When he called me again I had no idea who it was (I had deleted his number obviously) I had thought it was a new guy I had been talking to with the same name. We talked for about 20 minutes before he says "I would really love to see you again"... I had never met the person I thought it was so all of a sudden I realized who I was talking to and hung up. My friends and I nicknamed him quickdraw at that point and I kept his number under that name so I would never answer again.

Wow... that's a story alright.

Sounds like a date with Mugwog or Goatchella.

greghead
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
My boy cat, Vlad, doesn't like the same music as me, so I usually put my ear phones in when we are hanging out together at home. He has his own interests (hiding in places, scratching things) that I was into a long time ago but have moved on from. We make an effort to spend time together every night in bed -- he sleeps right above my head and often nuzzle noses periodically throughout the night. It's not forced, it comes naturally, and I think this is because we allow one another explore our own interests. Best of luck to you all.

He sounds like a keeper.

EDIT: And I don't recall offering any advice to you losers. You're all totally fucked.

marooko
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Okay, I won't share my dating successes anymore. Here's the opposite: I dated this guy for a few months casually who was clearly using me to rebound from his ex, but it was fun so I went with it. One time after a date we came back to his apartment and his roommates were having a party. My date's ex was there. She gave me dirty looks the entire time and after my date and I went to bed, she drunkenly "stumbled" to his room and "passed out" halfway on the bed. My date told me that he was going to move her into the bed and we could all share it together. Not surprisingly, he didn't see anything wrong with this and said he was just being a nice guy.

What did you do after this? If you stayed, what was it like in the morning?

casey
02-08-2012, 11:05 AM
What did you do after this? If you stayed, what was it like in the morning?
There is NO way in hell that I would have stayed in that bed. His roommate was dating a friend of mine, so I went up to his bedroom and asked her if I could borrow her car to get home. She gave me the keys and I picked her up the next day. This happened when I was 20 (I'm 26 now), and I didn't speak to the guy again, even though I saw him at parties from time to time. He actually hit me up on Facebook about a year ago. He sent me a message telling me I was still very pretty and he was sorry that he blew his chances with me. I didn't respond. Loser.

fatbastard
Motherfucking pool playing masturbators and their aborted babies.

Cameron Frye

yes, thank you. this needed to be said. i'm happy for everyone that has found their significant other, but fuck you don't hold the dating formal or anything.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Ahhhh I love bringing the new girl around the fresh ex.

marooko
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
There is NO way in hell that I would have stayed in that bed. His roommate was dating a friend of mine, so I went up to his bedroom and asked her if I could borrow her car to get home. She gave me the keys and I picked her up the next day. This happened when I was 20 (I'm 26 now), and I didn't speak to the guy again, even though I saw him at parties from time to time. He actually hit me up on Facebook about a year ago. He sent me a message telling me I was still very pretty and he was sorry that he blew his chances with me. I didn't respond. Loser.

That is a pretty shady fucking move. Being nice would have been not kicking her in the head to get her off the bed. Being really nice would be getting a buddy to help move her to the couch or something.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
yes, thank you. this needed to be said. i'm happy for everyone that has found their significant other, but fuck you don't hold the dating formal or anything.

"I ONLY WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTAIN OTHERS WHOSE DATING LIFE IS AS MISERABLE AS MINE!!!"

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Wow... that's a story alright.

Sounds like a date with Mugwog or Goatchella.

Why you gonna assume? I'm the guy you want your best friend to be with so we can kick it more bruddie.

And of the 12 women I have slept with I think I used a rubber twice. I would never ask for protection and I would never run from the ziplock.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM

good for you. facebook messages saying a person is sorry for fucking up a relationship are fucking pathetic imo

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
sweet job quoting yourself guyintucson

stellar

casey
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
That is a pretty shady fucking move. Being nice would have been not kicking her in the head to get her off the bed. Being really nice would be getting a buddy to help move her to the couch or something.

He obviously wanted to get back with her and was using me to make her jealous, so I kind of expected something stupid like that to happen eventually. He took me on fun dates and I wasn't looking for anything serious, so I rode it out and had fun with him while it lasted, but he would always make comments about her that would show me that she was on his mind, even though they were disparaging remarks. It was clear that he got what he wanted when we kept catching her staring at us during the party and I kept noticing her dirty looks.

By the way, I said something similar to him. I remember saying, "Being a nice guy is putting her on the couch in the other room, not trying to make me sleep next to her!"

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice enough not to try to get you to make out with her.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 11:23 AM
sweet job quoting yourself guyintucson

stellar

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/internet-memes-teacher-says-to-find-a-dance-partner-end-up-paired-with-teacher.jpg

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Nice enough not to try to get you to make out with her.

lulz.

downingthief
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Theif, are you gonna ask if you could hold a door open for her? Make sure it feels right before you do so.

All ready have, and made it through unscathed.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 11:33 AM

No one is complaining about you having a happy relationship. This thread was born of us girls complaining about the awful guys and awful messages on online dating sites, so of course we've bent the thread in that direction by continuing to complain about the awful guys, the awful impersonal messages (or the awful too personal messages). We'd said we'd post about our terrible dates here.

Obviously, if the guys turned out to be great, we had wonderful dates, and lived happily ever after, that would be... a lot less fun to post about.

I got a really brief message from a guy last night, which was just personal enough to make me look at his profile and not so personal to make me cringe, and he's the first one who directly suggested meeting to do something reasonable, so I think am going to set up date with bachelor #2!

Edit: If I have 2 first dates in one month, that is more dating than I've done since I was like 25.

brochelluh
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
last relationship i was in was 3 years ago. i'm starting to think i might be waiting too long for my next relationship.

I have to agree with you Nathan. It's been three years for me as well so every time I go on a date and broach the previous relationship subject I sound like "damaged goods".

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
If things are good there will be no news, forums or dating sites.

Cupid pays derp men to be derp and ruin dates so they can stay in business .

Duh

BROKENDOLL
02-08-2012, 11:43 AM
See, people say they want this all the time but they don't walk the fucking walk.

I always heard this from guys. SO THEN WHY WHEN YOU (collective hypothetical you) MEET ME WHY ARE YOU ALL SUCH JERKS AND UNINTERESTED1!!?!?!?!?!

I give up on everything, y'all.

EDIT: No, really. This pisses me off. I'm just a semi-awkward weird girl with a massive record collection, art museum and Cinefamily memberships, and I'm a total foodie/beer geek. WHY DON'T MEN WANT ME? (Probably the lack of boobs?)
THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

People say they don't want bland, but they go for bland. Like, BLAAAND.
Kat, let's pretend to be shopping for the perfect guy in a box instead of records. Better yet, let's shop for one where you pull a string from his back and he actually talks. Now, judging previous posts of yours, I'll assume that you're interested in having a hot, good looking model... And you see one up on a shelf you're possibly interested in, so you reach for it and try pulling on that talking string coming from his back. First phrase he says is, "Bitches be crazy!" You're taken aback by this, and start reading the label on the box... "Semi-awkward, weird, beer drinking geek, lacking a dick." You try pulling the string again and the next thing he says is, "THIS. THIS. THIS."

Now, tell me... Are you still going to want this particular model, or are you going to put the box back because he seems broken or traded in?

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
In my defense I don't prematurely ejaculate till after the ass licking

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Internet doods be broken y'all .

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
In my defense I don't prematurely ejaculate till after the ass licking

You have never had your lizard drool while you licked my ass.

GuyinTuscan is just mad because he is married . Secretly he wants to be a mouth breathing, woody sporting perv like he has pegged us both as.

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
How in the gruesome fuck did either of you two ever manage to feel the inside of a woman with your slimy members?

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 11:48 AM
It just happens. I'm not even interested in sex.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm very charming

chiapet
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
How in the gruesome fuck did either of you two ever manage to feel the inside of a woman with your slimy members?

I know, it's sort of appalling, isn't it? I keep reading thinking, these guys get laid, and I'm having difficulty? I must be unaware of how much of an unpersonable troll I really am.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
No one is complaining about you having a happy relationship. This thread was born of us girls complaining about the awful guys and awful messages on online dating sites, so of course we've bent the thread in that direction by continuing to complain about the awful guys, the awful impersonal messages (or the awful too personal messages). We'd said we'd post about our terrible dates here.

In the orignal post of this thread, Courtney stated that it was ok for people in relationships to chime in. I did just that... I don't see the problem.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Chia, let me lick your ass and we can fall in love

casey
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM

I mean...who can resist?

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 11:57 AM
I know, it's sort of appalling, isn't it? I keep reading thinking, these guys get laid, and I'm having difficulty? I must be unaware of how much of an unpersonable troll I really am.

I think the problem is that these are what you're up against, so no wonder you can't find a suitable mate. And they're actually probably more intelligent and interesting than the majority of guys on dating sites, unfortunately. Must be something in the water.

locachica73
02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I mean...who can resist?

I like to think they just type like assholes but in real life they are nice boys who treat women respectfully. I like the color of the sky in my world.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
In the orignal post of this thread, Courtney stated that it was ok for people in relationships to chime in. I did just that... I don't see the problem.

you've brought it up twice so far that you've been in a long term relationship. both on separate occasions and both times without anyone here specifically asking are you single or in a relationship. the time you mentioned you are married (which is great, i'm happy you're happy and i'm not being sarcastic saying that) you lead off the post with, "It's easy for someone like me who is married to sit here and tell everyone else to be patient." it just sort of comes across as SLIGHTLY obnoxious, you don't have to highlight the fact you're married in a thread discussing dating

also no one is saying don't post in here

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM

Good thing most women in 3d don't associate having an amazing orgasm with Internet conversation.

Mugwog is an actor...and I might as well be. It's a role. I play it. It ends when I take my beautiful brown eyes of this screen and pierce them through a womans soul.

I motivate everyone around me to be a better person, I make people smile and forget about anything but the moment we are in while at the same time surrounding them with the memory of all good, happy things that have happened in the past.
You can feel comfortable around me. You are spoiled around me.

This is why you want to be friends with me. Pussy doesn't happen to me. I happen to pussy.

I'm just trying to live my life and love my friends.
I won't judge anyone until I meet them and spend some time. Could take two minutes or two years...you can't get the full TNT experience via the web. You get what I give. I think guys on dating sites are givin what they think you want and the problem is that they have no idea what you want....but either do you right?

chiapet
02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Cara claims Goat is OK in person, and I have not known Cara to have fantastically awful judgment up to this point, but I'm really, really suspicious.

Every time Mugwog posts, I consider whether I could not be just really, completely lesbian, if these are the choices, and the bitch of it is that someone who seems as awful as him... probably would still think he's too good for me!

GIT: I wasn't complaining about your posting. I'm just saying, that's why the thread is overwhelmingly our rants. It was intended in fun. :)

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm very "tongue in cheek".

*badum chhh*

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I think the problem is that these are what you're up against, so no wonder you can't find a suitable mate. And they're actually probably more intelligent and interesting than the majority of guys on dating sites, unfortunately. Must be something in the water.

It's quite obvious they are both trolling...

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
This thread is making me think maybe some day I should try actual dating instead of just casual fucking. Although that would probably just lead to me being abstinent in addition to lonely, so ehhhh.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
GIT: I wasn't complaining about your posting. I'm just saying, that's why the thread is overwhelmingly our rants. It was intended in fun. :)

I get that. It just seems that certain people get really bitter when it comes to others talking about their relationships. My post you quoted was nothing more than me trolling Tommy.

marooko
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
No way GIT, everyone's posting style is an extension of their "IRL" personality. That could easily explain the amount of single people.

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
It's quite obvious they are both trolling...

The parts we play say just as much about who we really are as the way we act when we're acting "normal."

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:07 PM

You never cease to amaze me man. Just when I think you have been judged correctly as the most creepy pervert on the Internet, you bring up a filthy fucking comment like this

And totally fucking redeem yourself. Wheww! You is wylde boah!

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
you've brought it up twice so far that you've been in a long term relationship. both on separate occasions and both times without anyone here specifically asking are you single or in a relationship. the time you mentioned you are married (which is great, i'm happy you're happy and i'm not being sarcastic saying that) you lead off the post with, "It's easy for someone like me who is married to sit here and tell everyone else to be patient." it just sort of comes across as SLIGHTLY obnoxious, you don't have to highlight the fact you're married in a thread discussing dating

also no one is saying don't post in here

So, two posts out of the 20+ posts I have made in this thread I mentioned my relationship... I am obviously obnixious.

marooko
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I've been in a great relationship for over 11 years now. Suck it!

GuyInTucson
The parts we play say just as much about who we really are as the way we act when we're acting "normal."

I agree to an extent, but based on their posting history, they'll say anything in an attempt to rile someone up.

chiapet
This thread is making me think maybe some day I should try actual dating instead of just casual fucking. Although that would probably just lead to me being abstinent in addition to lonely, so ehhhh.

I've tried the casual fucking for a very long time. My life has been pretty busy/full with other things and I didn't feel a need to pretend to try to have relationships in order to get sex. However, my options seem to have really dried up in the last couple of years, and I'm realizing that while I'm still all about casual, I'm pretty put off by completely random hookups. (In other words, no strings sex is awesome; picking up some guy to bang once and then never see again is not very awesome).

Even still I'm pretty cautious about this dating stuff, I'm predisposed to feeling that anyone I meet is not going to really understand what I'm looking for and (if they actually like me enough to go along with dating me) is going to end up being disappointed with how little I'm willing to offer. But I'm trying to see it as: I should get some dates - hopefully not all terrible - and it's an excuse to go out to dinner and drinks and be more social than I am; I should get laid eventually, and even if the dates don't work out, maybe I'll find some guys who are suitable for fuck buddies; and maybe I'll meet some new people to expand my social circle and one of their friends will eventually strike my fancy.

In other words: yes, I think you should try dating, Patrick, but that doesn't mean you have to give up the casual fucking in the mean time.

guedita
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like a snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like a furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
So, two posts out of the 20+ posts I have made in this thread I mentioned my relationship... I am obviously obnixious.

Yea pretty mush

SoulDischarge
02-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, it's not going to happen so long as I'm trapped in Akron. The dating pool is more like a muddy puddle here. I can't even find cool people to hang out with that I don't want to fuck in this hell hole.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I've been in a great relationship for over 11 years now. Suck it!

:D haha

i am happy for you and GIT, that's an aspect of life sometimes i don't see obtaining

i'll admit i'm slightly bitter/jaded, which is negative...i guess the anonymity of the web makes that easy. i realize this isn't healthy, but i roll my eyes at couples in public / feel like dumping a beverage (NOT scalding) over a couple kissing at a starbucks. The WORSE is seeing couples at the fucking gym...yea you can spot your girlfriend lifting just the straight bar, but don't fucking kiss in the middle of the free weight area.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
The real life expectations people desire off the internet are a little delusional

Every introvert has a side come out that they normally wouldn't display in person, maybe around certain company. Such as close friends who know when you're pulling their leg.

As much of a sexual deviant as I am in the sheets, I treat my lady like a queen and I treat all my friends like royalty.

Most of my female friends love me for my listening abilities and willingness to share perspective on their crazy dating lives in LA. Yeah I post stupid shit on here and I'm also getting a great laugh while doing it.

I date all types of women, met an amazing rocker girl last night and we hit it off really well after breaking the ice. Excited to meetup with her and show her some of the LA I know and vice versa.

This thread serves better as entertainment rather than an answer to why you're forever alone. It's not a numbers game, it's just searching for the proper friend who gets you and also wants to be naked with you. This is why me and Goatchella are announcing our engagement, we'll be marrying eachother at coachella weekend 1. Boosh I would love for you to be my hateful bridesmaid. Whatcha say?

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Insert all the judgements about me here:
-
-
-
-
-
-

And I have been in a happy relationship for 5 years. No cheating, no off and on, no drama.
If I were to break up with my woman there are others waiting and wishing for that to happen.
I don't try, I don't care....seems like your all just being picky or you don't really want someone. I don't believe any of you can't find someone. Your all beautiful, smart and very funny.

brochelluh
02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
This has to be the best thread in the forum.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Your so sweet mugwog. I hope hands like your will grope me after I stage dive and crowd surf the SHM masses.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Pretty much thread of 2012 front runner so far

This is like cheese popcorn

brochelluh
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Or like that trifecta that has cheese, caramel and the original.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
http://piratebrands.com/img/product-pirate-booty.png

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Or like that trifecta that has cheese, caramel and the original.

i find the cheese popcorn in those tri-bins lacking...

chiapet
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Woot. Confirmed. I have OKC Date #2 next week. This one doesn't even seem like a jerk at all.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Your so sweet mugwog. I hope hands like your will grope me after I stage dive and crowd surf the SHM masses.

All I know is I can't wait to share a long passionate kiss during "whose gonna save the world toniiiigggghhhht? Whose gonna be bring it back to liiiifffffe, something something you and iiiiiiiii, goatchellas gonna make it allllltight"

Then we get ready to fuckin JUMP

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Woot. Confirmed. I have OKC Date #2 next week. This one doesn't even seem like a jerk at all.

bombtastic

cameron's dates so far in 2012: zilch

brochelluh
i find the cheese popcorn in those tri-bins lacking...

Yeah you have to just accept it for what it is. I'm a caramel man myself, Smart Food has arguably the best cheese corn imo.

Goatchella

What are you looking for? Are you looking for a partner or just dating?

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Any thread where Heidi talks about her sexual escapades is thread-of-the-year worthy.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
All about the white Cheddar pop corn

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah you have to just accept it for what it is. I'm a caramel man myself, Smart Food has arguably the best cheese corn imo.

solid call on the caramel

All about the white Cheddar pop corn

i may have to stomp out a bag or 2 of pirates booty, white cheddaahhhhhh

locachica73
02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
I've tried the casual fucking for a very long time. My life has been pretty busy/full with other things and I didn't feel a need to pretend to try to have relationships in order to get sex. However, my options seem to have really dried up in the last couple of years, and I'm realizing that while I'm still all about casual, I'm pretty put off by completely random hookups. (In other words, no strings sex is awesome; picking up some guy to bang once and then never see again is not very awesome).

This is pretty much where I was when I did the online dating thing. I didn't want a boyfriend or husband, I just wanted a guy (or guys) that I could hang out with occasionally and bone. I eventually found 3 guys who had similar interests and had them on a rotation throughout the week. We were all on the same page and I had a lot of fun. Just be honest and I am sure you will have no problem finding something like that.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
This is how easy it is cam.

Take your date to golden class cinema or some other Ipic movie theatre.
Don't talk about yourself unless asked and ask her about things that you suspect will have positive answers.
Comment positively on her looks even if it's a lie.
laugh at her jokes. All of this should come natural. If it doesn't your not compatable.

Pick up spots: trader joes, dog parks, outdoor stores, gyms or anything else that your actually interested in. If you care a lot about music look at shows. If anyone in this thread goes to college still, you have no excuse. That's like fish in a barrel.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
What are you looking for? Are you looking for a partner or just dating?

Just dating. Something in between 'relationship' and 'fuck buddy.' Someone who doesn't need to talk to me every day or hang out most nights, but would be happy getting together 1 or 2 nights a week, to hang out or do something fun and screw. (I know every girl says this but) I am super low maintenance when it comes to dating. The unfortunate problem is that most guys are so used to high maintenance that they don't know how to behave with low maintenance and low expectations. Typically they either start treating me really poorly or in a degrading manner, in which case I dump their asses, or they become clingy in an attempt to get me to give them more than I'm already giving, in which case I also dump their asses.

We'll see how it goes.

Any thread where Heidi talks about her sexual escapades is thread-of-the-year worthy.

Sorry to disappoint, but I do not post about sexual escapades regarding people I am currently dating or recently have dated. I think sharing funny or hot stories from the past is just fine when the people hearing the story don't know or can't guess the person involved... and the person(s) involved will not find out or be embarrassed that the stories are being told. Gossiping on a message board about sex with someone I'm with now would be incredibly indiscreet.

marooko
02-08-2012, 12:43 PM
:D haha

i am happy for you and GIT, that's an aspect of life sometimes i don't see obtaining

i'll admit i'm slightly bitter/jaded, which is negative...i guess the anonymity of the web makes that easy. i realize this isn't healthy, but i roll my eyes at couples in public / feel like dumping a beverage (NOT scalding) over a couple kissing at a starbucks. The WORSE is seeing couples at the fucking gym...yea you can spot your girlfriend lifting just the straight bar, but don't fucking kiss in the middle of the free weight area.

If we kiss in public it's typically on the cheek. I'm not really one for public displays of affection, neither is she. As for the gym, yeah, no.

Here's a little bit of me: I had something nice written out, or at least what I think is nice. It was honest, genuine and from the heart. This isn't really the place for that.

guedita
02-08-2012, 12:45 PM
It's been established that I am friends with T in person because he's a riot and a great guy. It's also a known fact that if I could physically manifest into a computer virus that both froze his computer and let off a blood curdling shriek at the highest possible decibel volume his speakers allow each time Goat posts, I would.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I do not post about sexual escapades regarding people I am currently dating or recently have dated. I think sharing funny or hot stories from the past is just fine when the people hearing the story don't know or can't guess the person involved... and the person(s) involved will not find out or be embarrassed that the stories are being told. Gossiping on a message board about sex with someone I'm with now would be incredibly indiscreet.

Hey I didn't set any specific criteria regarding your stories, I just find them entertaining. Past, present, future, etc.

Although I think the other time I was this entertained by you on this subject was on tinychat months ago, not a thread on these boards.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Personally, I don't know if I would be considered a good catch, but I don't and never have done fuck buddies.
I won't kiss you or touch you much if I don't have feelings for you and I won't fuck you unless I plan on being in a relationship.

I'm old fashioned. Fuck buddy has never been a term I am down for. I think I deserve more than that.
If we are going to date and had sex it must be exclusive.
Don't even waste my time .

Gribbz
It's been established that I am friends with T in person because he's a riot and a great guy. It's also a known fact that if I could physically manifest into a computer virus that both froze his computer and let off a blood curdling shriek at the highest possible decibel volume his speakers allow each time Goat posts, I would.

Yes, I really hate some of you online. Most are fine in person though.

GuyInTucson
The softer, more gentle side of goatchella.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM

I wish you could manifest into anything and come trough my computer to me...I'll settle for the posts though.
Me being relentlessly retarded on the boards is like my therapy.
OCD, ADHD, Pedo and hatred can all be acted out in this safe place, allowing me to function normally in my real life.
I've been banned from 95% of boards I have joined. I'm the worst.

I still get laid though. That's a no brainer.

guedita
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Name Names, Dale.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Mmmm goat meat

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
You think this picture would accurately portray me on my Cupid profile?
Look at that smile. That's genuine happiness. Who wouldn't want to wake up next to that face every morning?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/tntinucci/hydr%20farm/2012/983d6e17.jpg

marooko
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Wanna have a sleepover?

stinkbutt
02-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I hate all of you awkward fucks in person, except T who is exactly the same irl

fatbastard
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Just dating. Something in between 'relationship' and 'fuck buddy.' Someone who doesn't need to talk to me every day or hang out most nights, but would be happy getting together 1 or 2 nights a week, to hang out or do something fun and screw. (I know every girl says this but) I am super low maintenance when it comes to dating. The unfortunate problem is that most guys are so used to high maintenance that they don't know how to behave with low maintenance and low expectations. Typically they either start treating me really poorly or in a degrading manner, in which case I dump their asses, or they become clingy in an attempt to get me to give them more than I'm already giving, in which case I also dump their asses.

We'll see how it goes.

Do you think your time spent with fuck buddies has skewed your perception of what it is to date? I guess I'm asking is will you really know if you come across a good one based on your recent history.

BROKENDOLL
02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
This thread reads like most of you are 14 years old.

a lot of adult humans never mature emotionally
Oh, don't be silly...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/MY%20CREATIVE%20MIND/babycakes.jpg

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I hate all of you awkward fucks in person, except T who is exactly the same irl

We could do some damage together. I miss you man. Why you no chella?

stinkbutt
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm going, one of my buddies is gonna be staying with y'all if you have room

Neighborhood Creep
02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh, don't be silly...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/MY%20CREATIVE%20MIND/babycakes.jpg

I wish you had your own website

Neighborhood Creep
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM

I forgot if I ever got back to you. He's good to go.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Whattttt. Are you staying in the condo with the other cool kids? Or camping? Week one?

I have some candy for you.

kitt kat
02-08-2012, 01:26 PM

Sigh. I hate this thread for this reason. And like that shit Goat said about how he loves showing off the new GF to his ex? THAT'S FUCKED.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Do you think your time spent with fuck buddies has skewed your perception of what it is to date? I guess I'm asking is will you really know if you come across a good one based on your recent history.

For the most part, the people I've called 'fuck buddies' are people I genuinely care about, just not romantically. I'm okay with meaningless sex with random people but it's not as comfortable for me as sleeping with someone I actually like and respect (and know won't treat me badly or fuck me over). As for whether my perception of 'what it is to date' is skewed, I don't think it's skewed... I just think everyone's perception is different, and even for each person, it evolves with their situation and needs. I've had very serious relationships and very light-hearted ones.

When it comes down to it, I think I'm pretty realistic and straight forward with what I'm after. Look: I work a fair amount; I go out to shows and go dancing a lot (and will not sacrifice that for a guy); I like to hang out with my friends both with and without the person I'm dating; I like to have a decent amount of time to myself to do things without anyone hovering. The amount of time I want to spend with a 'date' is not very significant. In my experience, people who want to date more seriously expect to have more time together than I'm willing to offer. In fact, as I was trying to make a date with this guy I'm chatting with, I realized I already have plans for every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night for the next couple of months... plans that I'm not willing to change in order to go on a date. What does this leave me with? Can I tell someone I'm glad to have a committed relationship but will only hang out with them on Mondays or Tuesdays? Or that they mean a lot to me but that I can only see them if they want to come over to hang out at 5AM once I'm home from going out?

That may change at some point in my life, but for now, it's all I'm after. I'm actually pretty happy with my life as a whole, literally the only thing that I feel is missing is that I'd like to get laid more... heh.

Edit: I realize some of this may seem really strange to you, especially those of you who are married or who are looking for mates. I truly have no interest at all in getting married. So my objectives and motivations are quite a bit different than someone who at least sees that as part of their plan, however distant.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Hahaha it was a joke. All three of my girlfriends I've ever had in my life....none of them have met.
I don't fuck in circles and I'm actually a very noble guy.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Chia...as long as your open about that while trolling dating sites, I think that's great. It's ok to be selfish.

Gribbz
02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Sigh. I hate this thread for this reason. And like that shit Goat said about how he loves showing off the new GF to his ex? THAT'S FUCKED.
One of my ex's tried to do this. I just laughed it off though because the dude she was dating was a complete psycho/scum bag.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Oh, I know my stance is absolutely selfish, but the key is that I'm not expecting more from the other person.

kitt kat
02-08-2012, 01:41 PM
This thread is just great proof that I am not the dateable type and I should just give up.

Guys just want boring plain girls or hot vapid girls. Guys that get girlfriends are douchebags.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Sounds fair and there are plenty of people ( especially in your area) that live that lifestyle.Good luck with whatever you choose. Hope you feel love and happiness or have a great O or whatever your in search of haha

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
This thread is just great proof that I am not the dateable type and I should just give up.

Guys just want boring plain girls or hot vapid girls. Guys that get girlfriends are douchebags.

Don't let the trolls get to you.

nathanfairchild
02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
does anyone wanna be unhappy together?

Gribbz
I usually ignore these threads, but have we covered how awful it is when cute girls complain that they're undateable?

Goatchella

Keep typing...it's justifying your emo situation.

locachica73

You are far too young to be this cynical.

Courtney
02-08-2012, 01:46 PM

And those of you who are happily in relationships can post about your relationships too. I suppose. As long as you don't gloat about it too much. Because then I might punch you.

Note the punching part. Tread with care.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Have we talked about confused, immature women who should not be allowed to operate heavy machinery ?

Gribbz
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I usually ignore these threads, but have we covered how awful it is when cute girls complain that they're undateable?

Also, confidence is an extremely attractive trait.

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
This thread majorly bummed me out yesterday, to be honest. Actually, it was the successful relationship stories, and the trolling, that have turned it around for me.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 01:50 PM

We have, but she just keeps it up past all the compliments that people give her, so it's best to just ignore the posts and move on.

BROKENDOLL
I wish you had your own website
In a sense, I do...if you think about how many ignore lists I'm on... ;)-

unknown

People can definitely be fucking weirdos like that. My ex-husband asked me a number of times to join him and his current gf at that time for drinks and I'd always refuse. He did get me one time though when I was in town for a few days - I agreed to have drinks, he suggested a bar, introduced me to the bartender, then told me after she served our drinks that he was dating her. That was the last time we hung out. I never got the feeling he was trying to show them off to me as much as I felt he was just constantly trying to make me jealous as if that would somehow make me want to get back together with him. Maybe different people just have different interpretations of what they are doing. My ex may have been trying to get me jealous, but since I don't get jealous over him I see it as a very inappropriate and disrespectful thing to do to the current gf. And this is some of why I don't stay friends with ex's.

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2012, 01:51 PM

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/05/alt-text-nice-guys-guide/

Courtney
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Ivy, I love that article.

stinkbutt
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Kat, say you do anal, they will come from miles to date you

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
This thread is great proof that Katt doesn't know how to take a complement (Didn't say thank you or agree at all when EVERYONE told he she was cute)

Is negative, self pity party, judgmental, Emo but secretly cocky.

Looking for attention in all the wrong ways.

I wouldnt hook her up with my most desperate friend if she was begging.

Deserves to be alone and figure out her fucked up attitude.

Hurtin!

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Here's what else seperated me from most guys.

You can be hot and sexy and be the whole package, but if you come off like this little girl, I wouldn't stick my dick in you if my life depended on it. Even if she wanted anal

Neighborhood Creep
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I've only had 3 real relationships. I ran into my first gf yesterday for the first time in over 3 years and she pulled out in front of me as I was trying to leave and said "sorry to be awkward but I owe you 100 bucks" I told her not to worry about it but she had a check already written out. I grabbed it and told her I wasn't going to cash it but she kept insisting. It was pretty damn weird. My 2ed gf is a good friend of mine still. I miss her here and there but she has a pair of kids now.

Hannahrain
02-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Kat. Try to radiate less angst. Nobody healthy wants to walk into somebody else's emotional crisis.

amyzzz
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Kat, put goat on ignore.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I only date hot rabid girls. If Kat was foaming at the mouth, I'd be interested.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Kat, put goat on ignore.

Yeah hide from reality like amyzz

MoSetsfire
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
My biggest problem with dating is that if I think some one is being a dumbass, I have this uncontrollable urge to tell them why I feel like they are acting like a dumbass. Even if its a girl im dating. Most girls arent ready for that kind of real talk.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm still waiting for a response from Kat to meet up for dinner or something. I've gone ignored so far.

Still-ill
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
lol

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 02:55 PM
I fell in love with my friend's sister, who I met for the first time recently. I want to start hanging out with this friend more to get close to her - him too, he's a cool dude. But after meeting her, I had my wisdom tooth procedure, and now my breath smells like a mass grave, and I can't eat without putting my mouth through a car wash. So much can happen in this lost time! The window is closing!

Also, my ex-girlfriend of a long time on again, off again saga is back in town, recently single, and that window is probably closing too!

They said my wisdom teeth would only cause me problems later, but what about these problems now!?

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I've also got a crush on my friend's sister. I have for a while. I'm not making a move though because I worry about larger implications and if it might impact my friendship. So I just kind of enjoy it for what it is. Dunno what to tell you about the wisdom tooth thing. Never experienced that.

Still-ill
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I fell in love with my friend's sister, who I met for the first time recently. I want to start hanging out with this friend more to get close to her - him too, he's a cool dude. But after meeting her, I had my wisdom tooth procedure, and now my breath smells like a mass grave, and I can't eat without putting my mouth through a car wash. So much can happen in this lost time! The window is closing!

Also, my ex-girlfriend of a long time on again, off again saga is back in town, recently single, and that window is probably closing too!

They said my wisdom teeth would only cause me problems later, but what about these problems now!?
Wisdom extraction doesn't affect your erection does it? You'll be fine.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
No, the wisdom extraction has improved my erection... Something with the hydrocodone... I dunno'...

But I've never actually gotten to talk to this girl yet, and I don't want to meet with her and ask her out to dinner, and then some damn piece of food goes into my tooth hole, only to emerge when we're making out with my wounded breath.

EDIT: I have talked to her, but not conversed with her.

MoSetsfire
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
I shagged my friends sister. That never ends well. Unless you marry her.

Still-ill
02-08-2012, 03:07 PM
No, the wisdom extraction has improved my erection... Something with the hydrocodone... I dunno'...

But I've never actually gotten to talk to this girl yet, and I don't want to meet with her and ask her out to dinner, and then some damn piece of food goes into my tooth hole, only to emerge when we're making out with my wounded breath.

EDIT: I have talked to her, but not conversed with her.
Don't eat.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
For all my brash talk about hooking up, I'm really standoffish when it comes to situations that could go very wrongly, very publicly. Friend's siblings (or sibling's friends, for that matter) seem like such undertakings. Pretty much every time I express interest in a friend's sibling (even something as simple as pointing out that the sibling is attractive or charming), the friend gets upset with me and immediately tells me to keep away. Am I so terrible? Hrm.

My confession of the day is that I used to regret that I never tried anything with my younger siblings' friends... I was an at least fairly-cool older sister, I'm sure I could have nailed their friends in HS or college, but I was terrified to try it. (They aren't that much younger than me, nothing creepy/pedo).

Somewhat relatedly, one of my sibling's friends recently mentioned to me that he tried to flirt with me online, on a dating site, I don't recall this at all. That he actually pointed it out to me was a bit awkward. Now I have to figure out whether I acknowledge it or not... thinking I should probably at least ask him out for a drink sometime, I'm being kind of a jerk in that we've known each other for decades, he lives in my city, and I've thus far avoided hanging out with him.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I actually dated this girl once, and after we broke up, her brother and I became, like, best friends. And he's always told me how cool it would be if she and I got back together... But that's never going to happen.

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm confused. Are you talking about a different girl now? Earlier you said you'd just met the sister and never conversed with her.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Yeah, that was a different girl and a different friend. This new girl is the sister of an old friend that I hadn't seen for a few years, and we had just recently hung out again at his brother's wedding shower.

marooko
02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you going to the wedding?

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I am, but that's not for a while. I think it is in May.

EDIT: Actually, no I think it's next month. Haha. I don't know.

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
If you're going to ask her out, at least broach the subject with your friend first. His reaction can tell you a lot about how it might affect your friendship, and it might be weird for him if he has no prior knowledge of your intentions.

marooko
02-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of: Make your move at the wedding.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah, he's definitely a cool guy that I wouldn't want to disrespect. His older brother, too, but I'll call it a green light so long as the younger brother consents.

Also, I should mention that their mom and my mom are like best friends.

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I mean, I agree with marooko too, that's a good place to do it, but I still think you should talk to your friend first.

AlecEiffel
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Whenever people tell bad date stories it is always about how terrible the other person was, in this one I'm the asshole.

When I was about 18 I had a casual acquaintance who I didn't see very often, but who would flirt relentlessly with me whenever we crossed paths. Eventually we kind of mutually decided to go on a date. I was a huge bum at this point. I didn't go to school, had zero ambition and a low paying part time job. My paychecks went straight to records and comic books, so I was almost always dirt broke. I couldn't even afford to feed myself most of the time. I guess I had a cool leather jacket, but I can't imagine I was all that appealing otherwise. But this nice, cute girl liked me any way.
The day of the date comes and I make her pick me up because I don't have any gas money. I made her take me to a liquor store where I spent my last couple of bucks on the cheapest, most bottom of the barrel, off brand cigarettes I could get. When I got back in the car she flat out told me that if I expected anything physical to happen that night I would not smoke. I took a very cavalier, "oh yeah? We'll see about that" kind of attitude with her and immediately lit a cigarette upon stepping out of the car. We went to see a bunch of local bands play, she had to buy my ticket. I spent most of the night outside smoking cigarettes and talking to other people.
In the car after the show she told me that she had planned on fucking me, even after the first cigarette, but then I kept doing it. I kind of shrugged it off, and she asked me why I wasn't into her. I believe I told her "I am into you, I'm just more into cigarettes". It got quiet for a while. Then, for reasons to this day I still don't completely understand, I reached over and flicked her earring really, really hard. It was a stud and the stem of it poked her and drew blood. I wish I could say that it was some weird immature form of flirting, but I don't think it was. I think for some reason I just wanted to sabotage the fuck out of this date. It was one of those moments where you are completely shocked by your own behavior. I couldn't believe I had done it and I apologized profusely for the next several minutes. Needless to say she wasn't very pleased with me. But she still took me to dinner.

Amazingly, we remained friends.

I'd like to stress that this was a long time ago and very out of character for me, even then.

marooko
02-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Icey, you're making too much sense. I'm thinking sloppy drunk approach. I love you, Alchy. I didn't mean to do that.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I love you too, Marooko. We should stop playing these love games and just marry each other (no homo).

marooko
02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
We'll need to move to some weird county in Utah because I'm already hitched.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
23 pages in 2 days... Courtney, what have you done? :/

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
AlecEiffel, I really liked that story, even if you were the bad guy.

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Like this....

I'd hit it

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
The flicking of her ear and then drawing blood was the best part.

Alchemy
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah, it's like those plot twists in a story that you did not expect, but you realize that it HAD to happen (and was the only thing that COULD happen) after it happens.

AlecEiffel
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I still can't believe I did that and thinking about it now that feeling of panic I had afterword is kind of flooding back. At the same time I'm far enough removed from it that it almost feels like something that didn't actually happen to me, more like a story someone told me or something I saw in a movie, so I can kind of enjoy the tale.

NachoCat
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I met a girl on the interwebs once. Probably someone I wouldnt have met otherwise. She was a hardcore metal chick. Would have never crossed paths with her if I didnt meet her online. Was a cool chick. Sex was great and we had a ton of fun times.

Courtney
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
23 pages in 2 days... Courtney, what have you done? :/

Created a massive train wreck? I think that has been justly established.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
This is how easy it is cam.

Pick up spots: trader joes, dog parks, outdoor stores, gyms or anything else that your actually interested in. If you care a lot about music look at shows. If anyone in this thread goes to college still, you have no excuse. That's like fish in a barrel.

are we slowly becoming best friends? YUP! once i get back in LA i'll focus on Trader Joes and dog parks...although i've had luck @ the Venice Beach Ale House.

Mmmm goat meat

i've definitely had some out of a meat stand in nyc

I'm still waiting for a response from Kat to meet up for dinner or something. I've gone ignored so far.

hmmm

Whenever people tell bad date stories it is always about how terrible the other person was, in this one I'm the asshole.
Amazingly, we remained friends.

I'd like to stress that this was a long time ago and very out of character for me, even then.

that was a pretty random, but cool story. you still have that comic book collection?

AlecEiffel
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
you still have that comic book collection?

Nope. After several moves it just wasn't worth lugging around anymore. A lot of it wasn't in great condition and there was nothing of real value. None of my friends wanted them, so I ended up giving them to the Salvation Army.

Robin
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I've been on a total of 1 date in the past 6 months.

It was a really nice date. We had a picnic in the park, then watched a movie at my place. We kissed goodnight.
We had date #2 set up. A couple days before the date, the topic of sex came up in the conversation. I pretty much told him that I like to hold off on sex for a short bit because I want to make sure the guy actually likes me for who I am, and not just want to get in my pants.
The next day, he canceled our date.

NachoCat
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Then he didnt find you very attractive. The hotter he thinks you are the longer he would be willing to wait. "a short bit" was to long in this case.

Robin
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
The flicking of her ear and then drawing blood was the best part.

I definitely laughed out loud at that part.
I almost skipped over the story because it seemed a little long, but now I'm glad I read it.

Robin
02-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Then he didnt find you very attractive. The hotter he thinks you are the longer he would be willing to wait. "a short bit" was to long in this case.

Meh. If he didn't find me very attractive, then I'm glad he canceled. I wouldn't want to be with a guy that "settles" for me.
And I guess 2 dates was too long for him.

Courtney
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Ha, well I guess that worked. Perhaps not the outcome you would have wished, but it was effective.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
That's pretty lame, Robin. You're quite cute enough that a guy should be willing to wait a reasonable number of dates in order to get into your pants.

What *is* a reasonable number? I'm really out of the loop when it comes to dating appropriateness. I'm assuming kissing on Date #1 is totally fine (provided both parties are feeling it). How long am I supposed to wait to bed these guys? Date #3? Longer? Argh.

GuyInTucson
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
What *is* a reasonable number? I'm really out of the loop when it comes to dating appropriateness. I'm assuming kissing on Date #1 is totally fine (provided both parties are feeling it). How long am I supposed to wait to bed these guys? Date #3? Longer? Argh.

I think you have to make that decision on your own based on the individual.

Robin
02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Awwww... Thanks, Heidi! <3

As for the reasonable number, I would like to know this too. My friends have told me that they would never date a woman who puts on on the first date.

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't think there's a magic number, Ron Swanson is right, it depends on the individual, the moment.... and how drunk you both are.

(Gotta be less than seven though, right?)

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
So, am I a huge prude? I wouldn't kiss on the first date.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
That's pretty lame, Robin. You're quite cute enough that a guy should be willing to wait a reasonable number of dates in order to get into your pants.

There's no real standard as far as I'm concerned. You just know when it's time and your partner is down and you do it. Simple.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, sure.

I definitely think having sex on the first date is a bad move (though I've done it and some of those relationships turned out quite alright). I can understand why people would frown on having, or expecting, sex, on the 2nd date, too, though generally that's worked out really well for me. Beyond that... 3rd? 4th? I guess sex is important enough to me that if it turns out to be horrible or we're completely incompatible, I wouldn't have wanted to spend a month or more on dates with someone that I will no longer be interested in.

I was being sincere because this is something that my guy friends constantly tell me I'm "doing wrong," and apparently they think I'd have better luck if I played harder to get.

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM

I don't either. Prude power!

marooko
02-08-2012, 05:41 PM

I don't think so.

Ladies, it is acceptable for your mate to call you a bitch?

Dudes, do you ever call your lady a bitch? Either to her face or behind her back.

Newro7ic
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
There are no rules. It's situational. Do what you feel is right. You have to find what works for you. If you want to fuck on the first date, then do it. If it's right, it's right. Waiting isn't necessarily going to make things better or worse. Isn't the whole point supposed to be finding that person you are compatible with and it just seems effortless? The more rules you place on the whole thing, the more synthetic it's going to become.

Ah, fuck it. Just do you.

Courtney
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Obviously, I think everyone would say "it depends on the situation" -- I mean, unless you're one of those crazy women who go by The Rules and have to check off a specific number of dates before giving it up.

For me, honestly, if I'm going on a date with someone who I have been friends with for a long time, and am quite close to, but never was able to click with romantically before because of timing or distance or whatever, then in all likelihood if everything goes smoothly and we are both feeling it, I probably will sleep with that person on the first date.

Conversely, if I am going on a date with someone who I don't know at all, either because we just met and traded phone numbers, or because it's a blind date, or whatever, then it's probably going to take quite a lot of time before I feel comfortable enough to become physically intimate. That could mean three dates, or it could mean ten.

But in either case, I'm not at all interested in entering into a long-term, committed relationship with someone who judges me negatively either because I jump into bed too quickly or too slowly. I would want any potential long-term partner to be able to respect me and my various comfort levels, sexual and otherwise.

Newro7ic
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't think so.

Dudes, do you ever call your lady a bitch? Either to her face or behind her back.

One of my exes would laugh when I called her a bitch, because it was in good fun. She would then call me a dick, or asshole, or something similar. If it's in the heat of the moment name calling, though, they've never liked it. But, that was kind of the intention.

nathanfairchild
I don't think so.

i never called my ex a bitch, i just told her she was being one. (if she was)

fatbastard
For the most part, the people I've called 'fuck buddies' are people I genuinely care about, just not romantically. I'm okay with meaningless sex with random people but it's not as comfortable for me as sleeping with someone I actually like and respect (and know won't treat me badly or fuck me over). As for whether my perception of 'what it is to date' is skewed, I don't think it's skewed... I just think everyone's perception is different, and even for each person, it evolves with their situation and needs. I've had very serious relationships and very light-hearted ones.

When it comes down to it, I think I'm pretty realistic and straight forward with what I'm after. Look: I work a fair amount; I go out to shows and go dancing a lot (and will not sacrifice that for a guy); I like to hang out with my friends both with and without the person I'm dating; I like to have a decent amount of time to myself to do things without anyone hovering. The amount of time I want to spend with a 'date' is not very significant. In my experience, people who want to date more seriously expect to have more time together than I'm willing to offer. In fact, as I was trying to make a date with this guy I'm chatting with, I realized I already have plans for every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night for the next couple of months... plans that I'm not willing to change in order to go on a date. What does this leave me with? Can I tell someone I'm glad to have a committed relationship but will only hang out with them on Mondays or Tuesdays? Or that they mean a lot to me but that I can only see them if they want to come over to hang out at 5AM once I'm home from going out?

That may change at some point in my life, but for now, it's all I'm after. I'm actually pretty happy with my life as a whole, literally the only thing that I feel is missing is that I'd like to get laid more... heh.

Edit: I realize some of this may seem really strange to you, especially those of you who are married or who are looking for mates. I truly have no interest at all in getting married. So my objectives and motivations are quite a bit different than someone who at least sees that as part of their plan, however distant.

Nah nah nah. It doesn't seem strange at all. The conundrum of time being spent doing your own thing with friends or yourself versus time spent on a relationship totally explains it. Reading previous posts (in addition to yours) had me thinking about my previous question.

Alright, I gotta ask because you just threw it out there, why or how do you not have any interest in getting married? This may be a little personal so please do not feel compelled to reply if your not comfortable with it.

edit. noticed I didn't quote the reply.

Newro7ic
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
But in either case, I'm not at all interested in entering into a long-term, committed relationship with someone who judges me negatively either because I jump into bed too quickly or too slowly. I would want any potential long-term partner to be able to respect me and my various comfort levels, sexual and otherwise.

This. Exactly.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
if i really like a girl i wouldn't expect or try to push sex 'till at least several or more dates out

although...

when i was 28 & living in manhattan i was dating a 33 yr old. she grew up in seattle and was a food artist, one of the coolest (if not THE coolest) women i've ever met in my life. ANYWHO - 1st date was fucking great, drinks and dinner in the east village, and then we made out before she got into a cab (she was a great kisser).

SECOND date, dinner in noho and drinks in the EV. after the 2nd brooklyn lager we put back at the bar (prbly about 4-5 drinks each total so far) she asks me if i wanna get out of here and go back to my apt. then immediately asks if i have "supplies" back at my apt and states she's not talking about booze. we went back and banged a few times later that night, i was pretty proud of myself.

then in the morning i didn't have any female body wash so i got up before she got up to run out to the duane reade on william / wall st. she was happy i did that and then asked me if i wanted to take a shower with her. that wasn't my intent, i was just trying to be a nice guy, but it paid off dividends.

met her on match and still think about her to this day. her nickname for me was "younger man", not too original but i liked it

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Well, sure.

I definitely think having sex on the first date is a bad move (though I've done it and some of those relationships turned out quite alright). I can understand why people would frown on having, or expecting, sex, on the 2nd date, too, though generally that's worked out really well for me. Beyond that... 3rd? 4th? I guess sex is important enough to me that if it turns out to be horrible or we're completely incompatible, I wouldn't have wanted to spend a month or more on dates with someone that I will no longer be interested in.

I was being sincere because this is something that my guy friends constantly tell me I'm "doing wrong," and apparently they think I'd have better luck if I played harder to get.

Well damn. You'll find out if they're interesting or whatever it is you're looking for in someone in the first 2 or 3 dates for the most part. If you keep going back, thats on you.

marooko
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
One of my exes would laugh when I called her a bitch, because it was in good fun. She would then call me a dick, or asshole, or something similar. If it's in the heat of the moment name calling, though, they've never liked it. But, that was kind of the intention.

i never called my ex a bitch, i just told her she was being one. (if she was)

Was just curious. I know of dudes that use it liberally and it's seemingly accepted, or no big deal. I just don't get it. I don't even say it jokingly, in reference to, or anything of the sort.

Robin
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I
(Gotta be less than seven though, right?)

It depends how drunk I am. lol.

I've put out when I felt like it. Sometimes the first, sometimes the 5th. Apparently, none of the situations have worked since I'm single, but I did have some great times in the past.
As Courtney said, it depends on the situation. I'll prob put out faster with someone who I've known for a while and really connect with, or just looking for a fuck buddy. The dude that canceled the date on me, we didn't know each other that well. We were just acquaintances... friends of a friend and have only seen each other maybe twice beforehand.

marooko
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM
For the record, Robin, the guy is a dick.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 05:57 PM

I've put out when I felt like it. Sometimes the first, sometimes the 5th. Apparently, none of the situations have worked since I'm single, but I did have some great times in the past.
As Courtney said, it depends on the situation. I'll prob put out faster with someone who I've known for a while and really connect with, or just looking for a fuck buddy. The dude that canceled the date on me, we didn't know each other that well. We were just acquaintances... friends of a friend and have only seen each other maybe twice beforehand.

Well you definitely did the right thing by telling the guy upfront that you weren't looking for just a fuck.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
For the record, Robin, the guy is a dick.

How is the guy a dick?? from what i understand, he was looking for just a fuck and she wasn't, she told him, he wasn't interested in that, and left.

You can't knock on the dude for trying to bang the living hell out of Robin.

chiapet
02-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Alright, I gotta ask because you just threw it out there, why or how do you not have any interest in getting married? This may be a little personal so please do not feel compelled to reply if your not comfortable with it.

I'm assuming that was directed to me? I don't think it's worth going into on this thread. I'm just not interested in marriage. Not my thing. I'm open to the possibility that I may change my mind at some point in my life, but I've felt this way for quite a long time and don't see any point in trying to push myself into a direction that isn't meant to be. (I was actually engaged when I was really young, and I've never had any regrets about leaving the guy... one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I'm so grateful that I realized I did not want to marry him before it was too late).

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 06:01 PM

So... seven drinks? Ha!

Goatchella
02-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm down to be with the same person my whole life and be monogOmouse but I'm NOT down to be married

Robin
02-08-2012, 06:06 PM

Lol. You won't know if you don't try, right?

So... seven drinks? Ha!

Thinking of getting me drunk, Brian?
I'm drinking right now... alone in my hotel room.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Goat love....

4 Lyfe!

Fourthisto
02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Thinking of getting me drunk, Brian?
I'm drinking right now... alone in my hotel room.Did you just think you clicked on Private Message? :D

marooko
How is the guy a dick?? from what i understand, he was looking for just a fuck and she wasn't, she told him, he wasn't interested in that, and left.

I wouldn't go "out on a date" if I just wanted to fuck. I also like to think I have respect for the ladies and don't "just want to fuck".

bluemamba
Lol. You won't know if you don't try, right?

Seriously. But it could've gone worse. He could've gone along with it until you finally gave it up, then bailed. At least he cut it short from the beginning.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Kat, I felt very much in your boat at certain times in my life, I got myself out there and explored. As much as a thoughtless perverted douche bag as my post in thread (and this forum in general) may make me appear, I'm quite the opposite. I don't really take the internet too seriously, if I did, I would have probably have killed my self. I've risen past a lot of bullshit in my life to understand to love more than anyone else: ME.

You gotta love you girl. I wanna take you out for fun as friends. We can be each others wing mang. We all have common ground in this forum - we are music lovers/elitist. If we can find a home on the internet to spout our masturbatory thoughts, we can certainly find another person who is in the same place we are. Nothing makes me more enraged than hearing/reading that someone feels they are unlovable. That is so far from the truth.

From reading your thoughts about your ex, you still have mad feelings for him. Why didn't it work out, why is he with someone new so fast? I'm awkward and no one will ever get past that etc etc etc. You got love from people here saying "NO MISS! YOU FIGHT ON!" take that in, take a random date with bluemagic. It may work out. The only way you can break your losing streak is to take a chance and have an amazing win. All you need is ONE ego booster and your self esteem will be back to its old self again.

My first girlfriend and I were high school sweethearts/best friends. Together for 6 years. It ended horribly, she ended up cheating on me and I caught her (IN OUR OWN FUCKING PLACE #*$&#*$&) after meeting some slimy cokehead douchebag at her new job that I helped her get. It tore me up for years. YEARS. We both lived in Laguna Beach which was a tiny town, and I would see her out with that douchebag, and he got douchier it seemed. Then after a month or two of them being together he had cheated on her, she felt like a fool. I went to jail for a while (whole other story) and she went back east to get away from everything. She came back, I got out of jail, dumped a girl who I was talking to after the breakup and before/during jail (girl even wrote me in jail) and we (me and my ex) went to Coachella '05 and had a blast together, after I had promised this other girl we would go. Yes douche bag move on my part.

We soon broke up again, and not even really breaking up, about 2 months after Coachella she just never returned my calls again. She had done this to me so many times before in our past, it broke me and made me feel worthless. When we were 17/18 (3/4 years into relationship) she had interest in this other guy at her work while we were with each other and I was so dramatic I almost killed myself with a bottle of percocets when she left me for him. Fuck I can't even begin to explain all the fucked up situations involved with each other. It took me a while to find myself again, to really push my self towards my career goals.

Years of loneliness, so many nights of masturbation my dick had gotten chafed. General pathetic actions of a guy in his early 20s. Then I started forcing myself to go out with random people I met from set doing extra work, hanging out with people who I wouldn't normally be around. My understanding of others got better, my attitude got better and my world of people who attracted got larger.

My ex is still connected in my large circle of friends. She's married now, after she had her few rounds of boyfriends. I would love to talk to her and see how she's grown as a woman, we are completely different people than who we knew years ago. The hardest part of us breaking up though, was that we were best friends and each others confidants before we got together. So when you lose that, you lose a lot in life. Everything changes and all that reminds you of the past makes you FUCKING HATE LIFE (listen to Garbage's "Cup of Coffee for a musical interpretation of my hearts woes)

Sorry for the wall of text to hit critical, I should be posting in the drunk thread right now, but I hope you read some of this and don't feel so alone in the world. You only put yourself there, all you need is some good friends around to help you get out of the hole of despair. YOU CAN DO IT.

Mugwog will help. (in a non creepy anallingus way)

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 06:13 PM
4 Lyfe!

i'm just askin here - but that wouldn't be a nWo reference, would it?

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't go "out on a date" if I just wanted to fuck. I also like to think I have respect for the ladies and don't "just want to fuck".

Yeah but that's you. Not everyone is like that. Don't get me wrong. I'm with you when it comes to respecting women. The guy just must've gotten the wrong impression from Robin or something. Who knows?

marooko
02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
It is me. And that's my opinion. Whats the big deal?

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
i'm just askin here - but that wouldn't be a nWo reference, would it?

lol nah not really. But now that you mention it, it could be if you want it to be.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
It is me. And that's my opinion. Whats the big deal?

Not really a big deal. Just saying.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 06:17 PM
lol nah not really. But now that you mention it, it could be if you want it to be.

TOO SWEET

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/40538_o.gif

marooko
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Not really a big deal. Just saying.

Nah fuck that!! Wait, forget it.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:23 PM
she ended up cheating on me and I caught her (IN OUR OWN FUCKING PLACE #*$&#*$&)

What happened there? did you beat the shit out this guy or what?

marooko
02-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I've made it clear that walking in to a situation like that would likely involve my gun. At the least, my knife.

fatbastard
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm assuming that was directed to me? I don't think it's worth going into on this thread. I'm just not interested in marriage. Not my thing. I'm open to the possibility that I may change my mind at some point in my life, but I've felt this way for quite a long time and don't see any point in trying to push myself into a direction that isn't meant to be. (I was actually engaged when I was really young, and I've never had any regrets about leaving the guy... one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I'm so grateful that I realized I did not want to marry him before it was too late).

Yes, sorry. I forgot to reply with attatchments.

I am not interested in having children and people always ask me why. It just seemed to hit a similar note.

Robin
02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Did you just think you clicked on Private Message? :D
I would love a massage!

Seriously. But it could've gone worse. He could've gone along with it until you finally gave it up, then bailed. At least he cut it short from the beginning.
He lives almost an hour away from me. I like to think that he just didn't want to drive for a guaranteed no sex night.
And very true on the cutting it short part. I dated this guy for quite a few months that always wanted sex. It got to the point where it seemed like that was the only thing he wanted out of me. Unfortunately, I didn't cut the cord until after he told me that I "needed to get on a bike" and he started complaining that I wasn't putting out much.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
He lives almost an hour away from me. I like to think that he just didn't want to drive for a guaranteed no sex night.
And very true on the cutting it short part. I dated this guy for quite a few months that always wanted sex. It got to the point where it seemed like that was the only thing he wanted out of me. Unfortunately, I didn't cut the cord until after he told me that I "needed to get on a bike" and he started complaining that I wasn't putting out much.

Yeah thats pretty douchy. It's examples like that that make girls not want to date as much i guess.

fatbastard
02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Motherfucking cokehead douchebags and the women they attact.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Motherfucking cokehead douchebags and the women they attact.

That's why I'm trying to ask Kitt Kat out for dinner n a drink. Show a girl a good time. Yet, i think i've gone ignored so far.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 06:40 PM
what part of LA do you live in bluemamba?

fatbastard
02-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I am curious about Kitt Kat and her situation. She's attractive, a college graduate, and has her own radio show, but her girl and guy friends don't appear to be the most loyal in the world. I dunno what I'm trying to say, but I feel for her.

mountmccabe
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Apparently, none of the situations have worked since I'm single, but I did have some great times in the past.

I think the second part of that sentence contradicts the first part.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
what part of LA do you live in bluemamba?

I live in the Northridge area. Best way to put it.

Why do you ask??

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I live in the Northridge area. Best way to put it.

Why do you ask??

simple curiosity. i'd do the same thing if your location said just manhattan. was in LA last year.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
wow

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z454/cameron632/Screenshot2012-02-08at94657PM.png

proof read your fucking ad copy

here's the link if people are interested, thought it was relevant (possibly one of the worst/pathetic websites i've come acros in a while)
http://textyourexback.com/?hop=fbpromote

nine day brawl
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Not that I know any of you personally, but time to share dating stories of the end of '11 and beginning of '12! I won't get into too much detail, but here:

Met this girl online, went on our first date NYE. Had a great time, mutual attraction, and chemistry, although I held out on kissing her. We have a lot of music similarities, so we immediately send each other artists over fb.

Date 2 on New Years: went to see a movie, then had dinner afterwards. Spent hours talking with each other into the cold of the night/early AM before saying good night. To conclude, we kiss/make out for a while when saying good night.

Subsequent dates involved going to her place to watch some movies, going out to eat multiple times, and crashing at her place. Chemistry and attraction are still A+, would read again. I also went to an opening for an urban arts center for a breakdance competition as she's really into it. Definitely trying something new and embracing this interest of hers.

Post: I called her a couple of times, no answer and no call back. Texting/messaging becomes sparse. We had dinner this Monday and saw each other for the first time in a couple of weeks. And, no goodnight kiss. Deh? So, yesterday she sends me another message on fb with more songs. After I got out of work, I call and leave her a message. She texts back saying, 'Yo! Saw you called?' I reply, "Thanks again for last night. Also, I think we should hang out again. Soon :)"

Crickets since then. Blah.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:52 PM
simple curiosity. i'd do the same thing if your location said just manhattan. was in LA last year.

I see. What part??

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Brentwood. looking for gigs back out there in the same area. hopefully flying out at the end of this month

IceyHotshot
02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Brentwood. Snazzy place. I'm in the area all the time, because a friend lives there, but I could never afford to.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Not that I know any of you personally, but time to share dating stories of the end of '11 and beginning of '12! I won't get into too much detail, but here:

Met this girl online, went on our first date NYE. Had a great time, mutual attraction, and chemistry, although I held out on kissing her. We have a lot of music similarities, so we immediately send each other artists over fb.

Date 2 on New Years: went to see a movie, then had dinner afterwards. Spent hours talking with each other into the cold of the night/early AM before saying good night. To conclude, we kiss/make out for a while when saying good night.

Subsequent dates involved going to her place to watch some movies, going out to eat multiple times, and crashing at her place. Chemistry and attraction are still A+, would read again. I also went to an opening for an urban arts center for a breakdance competition as she's really into it. Definitely trying something new and embracing this interest of hers.

Post: I called her a couple of times, no answer and no call back. Texting/messaging becomes sparse. We had dinner this Monday and saw each other for the first time in a couple of weeks. And, no goodnight kiss. Deh? So, yesterday she sends me another message on fb with more songs. After I got out of work, I call and leave her a message. She texts back saying, 'Yo! Saw you called?' I reply, "Thanks again for last night. Also, I think we should hang out again. Soon :)"

Crickets since then. Blah.

If you're really sure that you guys had good chemistry and all, i would straight out call her and ask her what is going on. That's pretty weird.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Brentwood. looking for gigs back out there in the same area. hopefully flying out at the end of this month

Brentwood. Snazzy place. I'm in the area all the time, because a friend lives there, but I could never afford to.

Seriously. Nice.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Last girl I dated (yogurt) we took some X and sneaked into the Ritz Carlton, shared a kiss after much sexual tension of noticing each other ala facebook/mutual gatherings with friends and had a night of wonderful oral sex for eachother.

Other girls its been 3-10 dates, it all depends on their last relationship, what we did for the date, each others schedule (so much better to have sex and spend the night than take off after the booty)

I like a few makeout sessions before we get it on, so date 3 or 4 the tension is high and we look forward to one another.

Cameron Frye
02-08-2012, 07:02 PM

it's ok - i was walking distance to whole foods and bars on whilshire. saw the actor who played Ethan on Lost a bunch here.

Mugwog
02-08-2012, 07:09 PM
What happened there? did you beat the shit out this guy or what?

I was ready to tear him apart, but I was also on felony probation. I knew that if the cops came i would go to jail first no matter what. Not worth sending some piece of shit to the ICU for another strike. I would have killed him and he had at least 4" on my height.

bluemamba
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
it's ok - i was walking distance to whole foods and bars on whilshire. saw the actor who played Ethan on Lost a bunch here.

Thats awesome. Just finished watching Lost from beginning to end on Netflix the other day. It would be cool to run into him, or pretty much anyone from that cast, right now.

hippityhip
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I was watching my guilty pleasure show American Greed and I saw a commercial about a show that might interest you online daters. CNBC is having an hour special about match.com and it airs tomorrow at 9pmET / 6pmPT.