PDA

View Full Version : THE FIELD for late add 2012

Natelevmofuggaz
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Saw this guy in NY recently and he totally blew me away. Would work really well on the polo fields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVNqWZPqxDE

This would be a good non cheese-dick dance act for all of us pretentious ass hipsters ^_^

Natelevmofuggaz
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah that's right I said the H word

Nicksomuch
02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Love this idea !

david.sound
02-06-2012, 04:07 AM
I love KOMPAKT!

Lt. Dangel
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Would love it if The Field came.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I would be dancing so fast.

furnace
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I really thought The Field would have been on the line-up. :-(

Natelevmofuggaz
02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah I definitely thought it would be something Coachella would swoop up with his newest album being really popular/highly acclaimed and the new live set he's doing. Guess not :/

Pixiessp
02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Even though it has been expressed that there will be no more additions to the lineup I would like to join you in this dream.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Where has this been expressed besides people's opinions this message board? There are late adds almost every year. Let a boy dream.

^ Don't mean to sound like a dick.

Pixiessp
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I hope you're right. :o

david.sound
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
They should hire me to book the Electronic talent and fire the fucker that was in charge of it this year.

GuyInTucson
02-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Where has this been expressed besides people's opinions this message board? There are late adds almost every year. Let a boy dream.

^ Don't mean to sound like a dick.

Last year's great late adds where Chase & Status and two bottom line acts in Miguel and Ryan Leslie. If you are expecting an act like this AFTER it sold out then I believe you are grasping for straws.

nbvcide
02-07-2012, 01:37 PM
for one, chase & status are waaay bigger than the Field. 2nd, there were several more adds than that, in the sahara and the dome. 3rd, the Field was booked to play years ago in 08 and never showed up, so dont blame gv for not booking...

GuyInTucson
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
for one, chase & status are waaay bigger than the Field. 2nd, there were several more adds than that, in the sahara and the dome. 3rd, the Field was booked to play years ago in 08 and never showed up, so dont blame gv for not booking...

The only poster changes made were Chase and Status, Miguel and Ryan Leslie. No one else was added to the poster. When the schedule came out, there were a few names added (Perry, Sam XL, etc.) but not a single one was a big (or even a middle-of-the-pack) artist.

As far as Chase and Status being "waaay bigger" than The Field, it really depends on which circle you are in.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Let's not forget that fucking PRINCE was a late add in 2008. Anything is possible guys.

bobert
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Let's not forget that fucking PRINCE was a late add in 2008. Anything is possible guys.

Prince was booked to play the festival from the beginning. He'd had surgery and Goldenvoice was waiting until he was medically cleared to perform before making the announcement. Even after Prince was announced, the festival failed to sell out and there were tickets available at the door. It was exciting for everyone who attended but those are all the reasons that an add of that caliber will never happen again.

I would fully support The Field being added. Probably won't happen but it's more of a possibility than most of the adds people are pining for.

yesterdays
02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
The Field had some of the best on screen visuals. If only.

vertin
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
this would be a good add

nbvcide
02-10-2012, 02:52 AM
The only poster changes made were Chase and Status, Miguel and Ryan Leslie. No one else was added to the poster. When the schedule came out, there were a few names added (Perry, Sam XL, etc.) but not a single one was a big (or even a middle-of-the-pack) artist.

As far as Chase and Status being "waaay bigger" than The Field, it really depends on which circle you are in.

any that matters.. gv put C&S in nighttime sahara, the field in daytime gobi. bbc gave essential mix to chase & status live @ glastonbury. as far as adds, i didnt realize that if its not on the poster its not actually at coachella. strange since i saw donald glaude, death in vegas dj set, freq nasty, ras g, kode 9, saw white noise and dj heavygrinder in the sahara, metaphase, gabe real..mala cancelled but was never on the poster, neither were ras g and kode 9 even though they were always on the lineup page..we also got 2nd sets by tokimonsta and alf alpha on days they werent scheduled to play on the poster. and yes, perry.

witham
02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I'd be there.

AeroplaneJunkie
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Battles should for sure be added.

witham
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Wrong thread?

Natelevmofuggaz
02-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Hey witham, do you cry about the black box everyday too?

witham
02-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Boards of Canada's black box? I've given up on that. I think they're f**king with us.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Boards of Canada's black box? I've given up on that. I think they're f**king with us.

:'(

I really hope not.

witham
02-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Me too. It's hard not to be cynical though. How long has it been up there? At least a year right?

witham
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
I wonder how many people would go to a BOC show at coachella. I think, they'd close the outdoor if they put out a new album, but then again maybe they'd have a daytime gobi slot.

Ross1492
02-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure about silent stages, but no way in hell would they play the gobi during daytime.

witham
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah come to think of it, they'd probably just turn coachella down if they were offered that. I'm not sure what you mean by "silent stages" though.

Ross1492
02-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry, for some strange reason I took "they'd close the outdoor" to mean they (GV) would shutdown that stage while BOC played (presumaby in a tent). I now see you meant they'd close the night on that stage.

At any rate, no sense in fussing over any of this as the chance of a BOC appearance is infinitesimal. Let's focus on something more plausible. Like Burial, haha.

witham
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Cheers to that. Or The Field for that matter.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I think he means at night when all the other stages are done/silent. I feel like they would close either the Sahara or the Mainstage. BoC would be a fucking huge act for anyone to book. People would go apeshit. I know I would. I would fly across the world in a second to see them if they played live somewhere. I need to stop talking about it though.

The black box appeared the first week of March last year. I think there is a new album coming for multiple reasons (their record deal with Warp, being a good one). I have yet to give up hope. I still think it is kind of a lame move to put that box there though.

witham
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I just don't see them on the main stage, but yeah I'd be one of those people who would drop 300 easy to see them if that was their only show. I would dance to them (it would be a weird dance obviously) but I could see them getting booed off the sahara stage. I mean a lot of people were weirded out by Shpongle being in there at the beginning of his set anyways (at least that was the vibe I was getting). I shudder to think what would happen if they dropped The Devil is in the Details for instance. I would lose my shit to Alpha and Omega though.

It's good to hear they signed a new record deal. I guess there are more signs pointing to album in the near future than not.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I just don't see them on the main stage, but yeah I'd be one of those people who would drop 300 easy to see them if that was their only show. I would dance to them (it would be a weird dance obviously) but I could see them getting booed off the sahara stage. I mean a lot of people were weirded out by Shpongle being in there at the beginning of his set anyways (at least that was the vibe I was getting). I shudder to think what would happen if they dropped The Devil is in the Details for instance. I would lose my shit to Alpha and Omega though.

It's good to hear they signed a new record deal. I guess there are more signs pointing to album in the near future than not.

They signed a new record deal? I was referring to the one they already have in place... I'm pretty sure it is a 5 album deal.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
And yeah I think would be a similar vibe to Aphex Twin in 2008. Small crowd, with most people being like "what the fuck?" and everyone else being completely entranced.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
So anyways, The Field! Or anything from Kompakt, fuck it.

witham
02-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. No then they haven't signed a new one. Yeah I'd love to see the Field this year or next year.

hippityhip
02-17-2012, 11:30 PM
consider me in for The Field

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQxEVhyvA0I&feature=player_embedded

Alchemy
02-18-2012, 11:14 AM
I would really love this.