PDA

View Full Version : What are the best ways to determine if passes are legit?

CleverKid
02-01-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm in the market for four weekend one passes and I'm seeing them for sale in other venues, of course I'd like to acquire them from some honest soul in this forum, but saying I have to go out into the wild world to procure them how can I make sure that they are legitimate and not fakes? Any input on this? thanks.

blacklite
02-01-2012, 07:58 AM
wait for the tickets to be mailed out and compare them to real ones (if you know someone who got some) also take down the person selling to you's license plate number and get a photo copy of there ID i doubt anyone selling a fake would be willing to give you all of that

baily
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
1st- if on ebay - check the users feedback....

2nd - ask for proof - photo of ticket purchase

3rd - put order on via paypal = they will honor all sales

or buy through stubhub....they'll back up any and all bad ticket sales

never ever ever ever never ever buy through craigslist (tickets that is)

CleverKid
02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Okay, that's good, I was actually looking at some from craigslist, but they seemed fishy to me. thanks for the input.

bobert
02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Baily is wrong. There are plenty of legitimate tickets that will be for sale on Craigslist closer to the festival. Buying on CL carries some additional risks, but there are much better deals to be had and if you follow some of the advice in post #2 and do the transaction through PayPal, you'll be fine. Whatever method you use to get tickets, wait until wristbands have been mailed out. That is when the most passes will be for sale and deals will be the best. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

bobert
02-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Another method, which I haven't tried but would be the most foolproof way to safeguard yourself would be to draw up a contract for the person to sign stating that "I solemnly swear that these passes I'm selling are legitimate etc. etc." (you could probably find template for such a contract online and modify it fit your situation.) Have the seller meet you at a UPS Store (or any other location that has a notary.) Have him sign the contract, pay the $12 to have it notarized, get a picture of the person's driver's license and then paypal him the money from your phone. If you're going to be exchanging $1000+ with any seller on CL that's the method I'd use.

CleverKid
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Cool thanks. That sounds like a great plan.

cocovancouver
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
im legit and i am selling them on ebay and craigslist. i have 4 ga passes im selling at cost for weekend one. its part of a travel package i bought on coachellas website which includes hotel and shuttle passes. you can call valley music travel to confirm my purchase and transfer into your name. sadly, i cant break up the package. email me if interested at katchat@shaw.ca thanks, kathy

Neighborhood Creep
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
im legit and i am selling them on ebay and craigslist. i have 4 ga passes im selling at cost for weekend one. its part of a travel package i bought on coachellas website which includes hotel and shuttle passes. you can call valley music travel to confirm my purchase and transfer into your name. sadly, i cant break up the package. email me if interested at katchat@shaw.ca thanks, kathy

You have been saying this for weeks. There's no way if you were legit that someone wouldn't have contacted you and took your offer by now.

Goatchella
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
My buddy bought bunk passes off Craigslist. Realized they were fake.
So he puts an add on Craigslist to sell them. Sells one, girl scans with phone and tells him they are legit. Gets another call. Meets to sell ticket. Sees girl from first transaction....runs.

Jail, GtA. Clown.

If you get scammed, don't try to resell.lick your wounds and gain some knowledge

Mugwog
02-03-2012, 05:25 PM

You REALLY sound like you had intentions of going....

gswhooper
02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
My buddy bought bunk passes off Craigslist. Realized they were fake.
So he puts an add on Craigslist to sell them. Sells one, girl scans with phone and tells him they are legit. Gets another call. Meets to sell ticket. Sees girl from first transaction....runs.

Jail, GtA. Clown.

This made no sense...

sonofhal
02-05-2012, 03:05 AM
It made sense to me. Shortened version. He got ripped off, so decided to rip someone else off as he is a cunt.

Jsens
02-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Ask for order # and name and call frontgate customer support to verify. That's what I have done in the past.