PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen show Atlanta.

windscreen
03-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Well for starters they moved her into a bigger venue, i wasn't expecting as many people as there were.
I really like the album, its fun, it requires no great listening skills and its well produced bubble gum pop. I was expecting a show to reflect this and not only did it do that but she really kicked ass. Very cute and in a sense naive in her stage banter which got funnier as she did more shots throughout her show. Her voice is great!
At one point she did a cover of a Keane song (sorry don't care for Keane so i couldn't tell you what it was) which then led into a cover version of "Naive" by the Kooks which was awesome!
Pretty much did the entire album minus one or two songs, first song of her encore she did Blondies 'heart of glass' and finished up with "Alfie"
Band consisted of guitar, drummer, keyboard and horns and definitely brought to life "allright still"
If you are looking for some lighthearted fun this year I highly reccomend seeing her set.

beavington
03-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Well for starters they moved her into a bigger venue, i wasn't expecting as many people as there were.
I really like the album, its fun, it requires no great listening skills and its well produced bubble gum pop. I was expecting a show to reflect this and not only did it do that but she really kicked ass. Very cute and in a sense naive in her stage banter which got funnier as she did more shots throughout her show. Her voice is great!
At one point she did a cover of a Keane song (sorry don't care for Keane so i couldn't tell you what it was) which then led into a cover version of "Naive" by the Kooks which was awesome!
Pretty much did the entire album minus one or two songs, first song of her encore she did Blondies 'heart of glass' and finished up with "Alfie"
Band consisted of guitar, drummer, keyboard and horns and definitely brought to life "allright still"
If you are looking for some lighthearted fun this year I highly reccomend seeing her set.

what the f are listening skills?
one needs to be skilled to listen to some music?

hangthedj112
03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
what the f are listening skills?
one needs to be skilled to listen to some music?

I don't think listening skills is the right term, but Lilly Allen's music is a bit more light-hearted of a listen than per say Nico, you know?

Alchemy
03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I'd like to see Lily Allen.

windscreen
03-21-2007, 03:05 AM
I don't think listening skills is the right term, but Lilly Allen's music is a bit more light-hearted of a listen than per say Nico, you know?

thank you, thats what was meant...sorry it didn't come across that way.

C DUB YA
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
The Naive cover appears on her LDN single - FYI.

windscreen
03-23-2007, 03:17 AM
The Naive cover appears on her LDN single - FYI.

thanks for the info, I didn't know.

NAcademy93
03-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Wanted to go to this show but had something come up. Hope to catch her act at Coachella. Did anyone open for her?

J~$$$
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Lily Still Alright?

Lily Allen has expressed her boredom with the monotony of touring and playing the same songs repeatedly.

Writing on her infamous blog, Allen said: "Is it really important to break America? If it is I have to write my life off for the next nine months, playing the same gig, answering the same questions to different journalists and such. It's either that or I could go home, sit on my boyfriend's sofa for a bit, then write a new album. What d'you reckon?"

She added: "As much as I love driving across America and doing the same thing every night, I'm bored slightly. It's the songs".

The singer's uncertainty over her future comes in the wake of several recent incidents, including an alleged fracas with paparazzi and blasting UK music paper NME during her gig at the South by Southwest music conference.

amyzzz
03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
If she's on early Sunday, maybe I'll check her out. Sunday is so packed though.

windscreen
03-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Lily Still Alright?

Lily Allen has expressed her boredom with the monotony of touring and playing the same songs repeatedly.

Writing on her infamous blog, Allen said: "Is it really important to break America? If it is I have to write my life off for the next nine months, playing the same gig, answering the same questions to different journalists and such. It's either that or I could go home, sit on my boyfriend's sofa for a bit, then write a new album. What d'you reckon?"

She added: "As much as I love driving across America and doing the same thing every night, I'm bored slightly. It's the songs".

The singer's uncertainty over her future comes in the wake of several recent incidents, including an alleged fracas with paparazzi and blasting UK music paper NME during her gig at the South by Southwest music conference.

I read this before the show so was a bit apprehensive as to what she was going to do but she went far beyond....If she was bored she is a great actress as the show was very fresh to the crowd. Give the girl a few shots and she's "still allright" :)

DRUNKOFFBREASTMILK
03-24-2007, 12:16 PM
id rather listen to this...
NHglp6rsyB8

windscreen
03-24-2007, 12:24 PM
OMG you are so cool! I am glad you are not the majority of the Coachella crowd.

DRUNKOFFBREASTMILK
03-24-2007, 01:08 PM
OMG you are so cool! I am glad you are not the majority of the Coachella crowd.

i am cool.

meyouseek
03-26-2007, 08:48 AM
If Lily's so bored why doesn't she learn some more songs? Only recently has it been deemed passe to play a lot of other people's songs in concert. Too many young or new artists/bands get away with playing the same show night after night across the country. Yawn.

I like Lily's sound, but I think she'll need to mix it up a bit both on stage and off if she's going to make a lasting impression.

woogie846
03-26-2007, 08:51 AM
That's nice to hear that she has a good live show, but I still don't think I'll be seeing her.