PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Weekend 2 - Seats available and putting together a Caravan

Jankypirate
01-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Did a big caravan last year and it was fun. We'll be taking the CA-62 route, its faster and a lot more fun than the I-15. Have a few seats available and a ton of room for gear.

Also if you wanna camp out together we have quite the setup, including a large AIR CONDITIONED tent and a whole crap load of other cool stuff :)

vdubshani
02-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Awww, I was hoping everyone from last years caravan got weekend one passes...dammit!

billtino
02-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Meeting at the M (or gas station at the M) again Thurs AM??? I will have one open seat *possibly two* if my niece rides with her friends. Been wanting to take the CA-62 route now for years, but have always had to drop my kids off at the in-laws in LA on the way. Not this year though! Logistics pls :)

billtino
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Also a side note, my buddy riding shotgun also has 1 extra Car Camping Pass + 1 Festival Ticket for Week 2 that he will be looking to offload (together), preferably as soon as we get the tickets in the mail, but I'm sure we can square up at the (M)eetup spot.

cheesehead004
02-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Just a quick question if you don't mind. Is the 62 really faster than the 15? I know it cuts straight through to Indio, but I've never used the 62 and I'm guessing it's one lane the whole way... wouldn't there be a bit of traffic? At least there is usually two lanes for most of the 15 from what I remember....

billtino
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Less lanes on the 62, but the 15 South is never the problem. It's the volume of cars after that (on the 215, 60, 10, 91 or any mixture of those & a few in between) that really slows your arrival time. I would usually drop kids off in Cerritos, hence all those extra freeways...

Jankypirate
02-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah M gas station again sounds good. Around 10am work? Also I have a buyer for the your extra passes for sure :)

Cant wait!

billtino
02-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll let my buddy know about the wristband & car camping pass. I just don't want to end up in lot 7 :p, seems like that's gonna be an extra 1/2 mile from lot 8. We'll know better after W1 people post their arrival & check-in times & where they ended up in.

Shtitus!
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
whats up dude! ill bring stuff by! you have the best set up for sure. i dont know if im coming from vegas this year though... maybe... any word about the cookout?

grind
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyone joining your caravan coming from AZ? I'm looking to find my way from Tempe/Phoenix!

Jankypirate
02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Shtitus is in AZ now, talk to him. Havent heard anything about the cookout this year :( Ill have the grill though

Mertt
03-01-2012, 07:47 AM
My girlfriend and I just found out we'll be able to head to coachella this year after all since we just received two free flights to las Vegas from Canada! We were originally selling our tickets but now, since we can go, we gotta make some last minute plans on how to get there.

Does anyone have room available in their car for 2 people? Weekend 2. Both age 19. It's my girlfriend's birthday on April 20th as well so it would be awesome if we could get a lift with someone hahaha. We're also looking for somewhere to camp but we can always get a hotel room if that's not possible.

Let me know if you can help us out! We will help pay or gas of course and everything else.

billtino
03-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Bump for my sinners

Hey Janky, sorry never got back to you about my friend & his extra wristband/car camping pass. Apparently only one wristband was sent to him last week. He's trying to find out when the other wristband and the 2 camping passes are arriving...what a buzz kill. On month away!!!

billtino
03-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Turns out my bud "thought" he ordered an extra wristband/camping pass, but had opted to not to. ahhh well, I hope your friend has secured the goods thru other means.

HuskerMats
04-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm also leaving from Las Vegas Thursday morning, flying solo and car camping for Weekend 2, so if you guys are still meeting up at the M around 10:00 AM perhaps I could caravan with you as well? I've got room for one in my car if anyone needs a lift.