PDA

View Full Version : Boring Shit About Your Life

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

PotVsKtl
01-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Stupid fuckfaces post here and stink. Their faces smell.

fatbastard
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I clipped my cuticles last night and my slippers are dust free.

insbordnat
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm soaking my grates on my smoker to remove the baked on reminants of the pork shoulder I cooked over the weekend. I used green Dawn to create the suds. I have a lot of laundry to do. I probably should check in with my home insurance agent to get a new quote based on the declining value of my house.

Premium Roast
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Penguin shoes. Drinking tea now (Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings). And about to launch into these stretching excersizes before doing situps and pushup: http://smokh.org/Abdomen2.php . Most likely will have guacamole later.

Cameron Frye
01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
i ran 5 miles today at the gym. sitting at a starbucks right now. wearing doc martins

marooko
01-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Good thread topic is good read.

Pixiessp
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
My laptop is heavy and my legs are getting numb. I had a Starbucks mocha and eggs for breakfast and now I'm staring at a calculator.

RedHotSgtPeppers
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
This thread reminds me of a certain social media site...

Xanga?

RedHotSgtPeppers
01-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I should be studying but I'm obsessively refreshing the forum instead.

TomAz
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I have very wide feet. EE. sometimes I have to buy EEE.

Starraven
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgmu2hYgipU&feature=player_embedded#at=218

PotVsKtl
01-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I move to consolidate all "_______ Only" threads to this location.

nyarlathotoats
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm taking tomorrow off in the afternoon to get my driver's licensed reissued to me again cause I lost it this weekend...
oh, and uh...ruptured vulva.

TomAz
01-30-2012, 01:15 PM
I move to consolidate all "_______ Only" threads to this location.

Fisting and tampons do belong in one place, yes.

Hannahrain
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I have a beautifully monogrammed sterling Fisting & Tampons cigarette case from the Victorian era. It's been passed down in my family for generations.

PotVsKtl
01-30-2012, 01:25 PM
That sounds like a story for the Interesting But Ultimately Useless Ancient Artifacts sub-sub-forum.

EastLos01
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Watched the Laker game last night at a gathering at my moms. Stayed a lil later to catch the Clippers game as well. There was good salsa for my chips.

Hannahrain
01-30-2012, 01:27 PM
I put it in the Things You Thought About Taking To Antiques Roadshow But Then You Missed The Bus And Storage Wars Was On So You Were Like Fuck It Social Group. You think I should move it?

PotVsKtl
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
The Internet: Coalescing toward a virtual tacklebox of increasingly irrelevant personal minutiae since 1994.

Courtney
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I am going to get a new social security card tomorrow because I lost my old one who knows how long ago. I mean, my mother gave it to me when I went away to college. And I know I had it when I applied for my first college job at a coffee shop because I remember showing it to them as a form of ID to demonstrate citizenship or whatever you have to do to be legally hired for a job in this country. Although actually, now that I think about it, that was the first and last time I have ever been asked to demonstrate citizenship. So maybe all my other jobs are sketchy and down with hiring non-citizens. Or maybe they just have their shit together and don't really care. I think it's more likely that they just don't have their shit together. I mean, paperwork is a pain in the butt, especially all the loops that the government makes us jump through. Like the fact that I have to now file three different sets of taxes because of various work and having my own company technically and stuff like that. Which is total bullshit because I really only did it because I wanted to go to good concerts. And I really only wanted to take photos so that I could be up front and actually see something instead of being in the back and having to see the backs of all these tall peoples heads in front of me. Because I am sort of short although not really short. I think I am about average for an American woman or maybe one inch taller than average. I am definitely taller than many people when I travel to asia. Although I tend to be shorter than many people when I travel to Scandanavia. This means that it's a whole lot easier to go shopping for clothes in Sweden than it is in Vietnam. Which is a pity because Vietnam has awesome clothes and they are way cheap. Whereas Sweden is fucking expensive. I stayed at a hotel once in Stockholm where the rack rate for a standard room was more than my monthly apartment rent. Which seemed totally ridiculous. I mean the room was nice and everything, but it was only one night and I get my apartment for an entire month. And the furniture all looked like Ikea anyway. I actually do like Ikea. The quality is questionable, but the design aesthetic isn't that bad, if only a little bland. I would probably shop more at Ikea if there was one in Hawaii but there isn't. I used to go to the Carson City Ikea a lot when I lived in Los Angeles. Or at least, I think it was Carson City? Or maybe it's just Carson. I can't even remember anymore. Everything south of Long Beach is a mystery to me. When I was living in Los Angeles, I rarely traveled to the Valley either. I basically just stayed in my little bubble from Santa Monica to downtown, with occasional trips to Malibu or Pasadena. Pasadena was my favorite. My friend Priyanka had a house there and I used to go visit her so that I could play with her dogs and do barbeque cookouts on the weekends. I liked Pasadena because it seemed more like a sort of normal family community with kids and bicycles and stuff. And plus, there is the Huntington Library there which rules a lot. They have the most amazing collection or rare and antique books. I did some reasearch there as a graduate student, and then I actually received a pre-doctoral fellowship to be a scholar in residence there for a year but then I decided to drop out of grad school so I never did the fellowship. I sometimes regret dropping out, but mostly not. I mean, I feel overqualified and under-experienced for a lot of jobs as is, and I would assume that it would only be worse with an advanced degree. Most of my old friends from grad school are now working as assistant professors at second-tier colleges, which I guess is cool if that's your sort of thing. But getting tenure can be a bitch and they work really really hard to try to make it happen. I don't miss all that academic politics shit. I mean, there are politics in any job I guess, but it just seems especially ridiculous in academia because people get away with murder in terms of acting totally cooky and insane. Once you have tenure, you can do whatever the fuck you want. Which is kind of crazy but also kind of awesome. Awesome if you're the one who has it. I once had a professor who chose to wear pajama shirts under his jackets every day. He was totally insane. I think I saw a movie a while ago about a dude who wore pajamas around every day. I am trying to remember the name of the movie but it's not coming to me. But it was about this kid who was totally in love with his childhood crush who had grown up to be a moderately successful actress. I think the actress was played by Rachel Bilson, that chick from The OC who now has that show about being a doctor in the South. She is cute and I think she has really nice hair but I don't really think she is very good at acting. I guess that's less important than having cute hair. I actually need to get a haircut myself, and soon. My hair is way long and is getting kind of scraggly. I wonder if I can get an appointment for after work today if I call now to try. I think I am going to do that right now.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
i just had a sip of water.

PlayaDelWes
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
I just stared at Courtney's post for 3 minutes and was finally able to see the peacock.

Courtney
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
I just stared at Courtney's post for 3 minutes and was finally able to see the peacock.

I kind of have a headache now from typing that shit.

blackchango
01-30-2012, 01:39 PM
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq177/me75_photos/ptop.jpg

Reading this for the next couple of days

Pixiessp
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I just read Courtney's entire post.

Now I'm back to staring at the calculator.

Theijuiel
01-30-2012, 01:45 PM
I just started watching Torchwood.

bmack86
01-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Ham sandwich.

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Have a couple of these in the fridge at work. Decided to open one up. Forgot why I hadnít bought this flavor in ages. It smells like gasoline. Especially when you first open it. Donít buy.

http://productnutrition.thecoca-colacompany.com/images/packagings/vitaminwater%20zero%2016%20oz%20squeezed%20lemonad e.jpg

Courtney
01-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Whoever came up with Vitamin Water is a marketing genius. Take some water, add sugar and a little artificial flavoring and food color, call it HEALTHY, and sell it for $2 per bottle.

Alchemy
01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this Thursday. Four of them. Local anesthesia.

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Whoever came up with Vitamin Water is a marketing genius. Take some water, add sugar and a little artificial flavoring and food color, call it HEALTHY, and sell it for $2 per bottle.

Well, yes. Thatís all true. But in my defense, I only drink the ďZeroĒ flavors, so I wonít go into a diabetic coma from sugar. I probably will get cancer from the artificial sweeteners, but letís not split hairs. I really pace myself on them. One bottle takes me 3-4 days to finish. In moderation, I think I should be fine. But, yeah, if you were replacing water with Vitamain Water? That would be nutso.

Courtney
01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm just in awe of the person who figured out this was a good idea for a product. Like, genuinely respectful of that kind of evil genius.

I think I am going to make an m&m with some metamucil in the center and call it "Fiber Energy."

JustSteve
Checking the forum. While taking a shit.

algunz
I'm going to La Quinta this weekend to look at cool architecture in the area. I'll probably go swimming too.

santasutt
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
One of our dogs is named Biggie Smalls. Guess which one.https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=cbcb1bdf1e&view=att&th=135310e0f113a615&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw

Cameron Frye
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM

that's why laptops where invented. hat tip to you good sir

i'm waiting for WWE RAW to start

algunz
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
One of our dogs is names Biggie Smalls. Guess which one.https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=cbcb1bdf1e&view=att&th=135310e0f113a615&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw

Your dogs look like they should be slashing ankles in a pet cemetery.

Mugwog
01-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Vitamin Water - Same people who do Red Bull and Smart Water

$$$

So, I took two shits today, from eating way too much pizza last night at 2am.

disgustipated
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I have the uncontrollable urge to cup Toms feet.

zenidogx
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm going to see a dentist on Thursday. It's my first ever trip to a dentist. Banana chips are my favorite snack.

frizzlefry
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I just returned yet another text book because I always procrastinate on buying my books online. I confirmed with the cashier that after today, if I deem to buy the same book tomorrow I can, again, return it in three days, which hopefully will be enough time for the cheaper version of the same book to be delivered to my apartment...I don't know why but this sentence was hard to articulate.

ThatGirl
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM
I have a beautifully monogrammed sterling Fisting & Tampons cigarette case from the Victorian era. It's been passed down in my family for generations.

I have an old brass iron from the 1700's that you put coal into to make it get hot. It has been engraved by a woman in my family each hundred years. Whichever woman has it passed to her and has possession of it in 2060 has to engrave it.

matildawong
01-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I have a head cold and if I tip my head one way for a really long time, I can clear the congested side of my nose. And then it moves over and blocks the other side.

gaypalmsprings
01-30-2012, 06:55 PM
I play Farmville for fun.

RedHotSgtPeppers
01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I got out of work 40 minutes early tonight.

frazzles
01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
The local game place for US releases here can have a midnight release of Modern Warfare 3 but can't get Final Fantasy 13-2 out on the shelves on time and the day is half over.

Fuckers.

Cameron Frye
01-30-2012, 07:39 PM
i'm watching Portlandia

nyarlathotoats
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Getting ready to watch king of the hill then off to la-la land

Pixiessp
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
i'm watching Portlandia

Preparing to do the same.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Sometimes i hold my poop in until I have to go really, really bad, and then the end result is just so much more satisfying.

Cameron Frye
01-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Preparing to do the same.

ep 5 sucked, cool cameos though

rjadams90
01-30-2012, 08:52 PM

What a coincidence. I am also pooping at the moment.

Cameron Frye
01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
a lot of boarders here refers to their BM's more often than not...at least there are healthy colons around here.

Mr. Porter
01-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I poop at least four times a day

Pixiessp
01-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I poop at least four times a day

Overachiever.

kitt kat
01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
I got rear ended on the 10 coming home from work today. I was completely stopped and this guy hit me. He barely spoke English. My bumper came apart.

I hit my head on the steering wheel and it's taking some effort to spell things correctly.

menikmati
01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
I tripped and fell running up the stairs at the metro station tonight.

Hysteria
01-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this Thursday. Four of them. Local anesthesia.

I got mine removed this past October and man did that suck. It was pretty painless when they removed the first three teeth but the last one was a freakin nightmare.

Apparently the root of that last tooth was hooked into my gums which made it really hard to extract so they had to start breaking it up into pieces in order to remove all of it. The anesthetic did absolutely nothing and that tooth took more time to remove than the other 3 combined. The vicodin they prescribed me didn't really do anything either and it took me a while to fully recover.

And listen to what the dentist says about no smoking afterwards because getting a dry socket would really suck.
But good luck! Hopefully they put a semi entertaining movie on for you to watch!

In other news... I iz watching 30 Rock.
I <3 Liz Lemon, Jack runs shit like a legit baus, and Kenneth is an immortal that learned how to roll cigarettes from an 8 year old Shirley Temple

Premium Roast
01-30-2012, 10:18 PM
had some sex for awhile. Thank you (*bows*).

ods..
01-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I got rear ended on the 10 coming home from work today. I was completely stopped and this guy hit me. He barely spoke English. My bumper came apart.

I hit my head on the steering wheel and it's taking some effort to spell things correctly.

This isn't as funny as it seems. I suggest going to the doctor. For real... you probably have a minor concussion.

OnlyNonStranger
01-30-2012, 10:19 PM

You have a concussion. Go to the ER.

guedita
01-30-2012, 10:19 PM
I wish all of you had boils or some sort of physically reprehensible disease almost daily.

OnlyNonStranger
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
How do you know we don't?

guedita
01-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Them wishes be workin'

BROKENDOLL
01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Sitting here reading this thread with two wads of tissue stuck in my nostrils to prevent my own drowning has been the highlight of my day.

M Sparks
01-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I just read my annual benefits enrollment packet. Premiums and benefits are remaining the same, so that's good. I'm not sure if I still need to enroll. Although, I'm thinking about opening an HSA. I tend to wear the same glasses for too long, so maybe if I put a few dollars aside in an HSA every week, I will use it to buy new ones. Plus, I usually wind up getting some kind of lung infection once a year or so, so I'll use it for pre-deductible office visits. My life insurance is going up from 2.4 cents per $1000 of coverage per pay period to 3.7 cents. That's because I'm over 40 now. It doesn't really seem that fair, I don't feel like I'm 54.1666666666% more likely to die than I was last year. I've been working out a lot more than I used to and eating better, I'd say I'm much healthier now than I was a few years ago, both physically and mentally. But it's all about the actuary tables, I suppose. I ate a bowl of Oatmeal Squares while I was reading. That's supposed to be good for your heart, but the real reason was the skim milk was expiration dated today and I hadn't even opened it yet. I wanted to get some use out of it. Normally, I'll eat steal cut oatmeal for breakfast, with some blueberries, but that takes too long for a late night snack. I use frozen blueberries, I wish I could use fresh, but I just don't have time to go to the store so often for fresh produce.

Neighborhood Creep
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
I made a salad for dinner tonight. I intended it to be healthy but then I poured about 4 servings of Caesar on it. I also forgot to fold my laundry after I brought it into my bedroom. Hope nobody thinks less of me after reading all this.

ambient sounds
01-30-2012, 11:52 PM
I saw a dog fall out of a car window today while the owner was driving. The dog just rolled around a bit on the floor while another car almost ran it over. After the dog regained it's composure it found the nearest tree to pee on and acted like nothing happened.

Phenomena
01-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Did laundry Today and watched the Layover on LA. Laughed at all the LA jokes being from the vicinity of the town. Went to a friends house and got drunk on Newcastle and PBR. We watched bad movies which then everyone else that lived at the house pointed out how bad they were and blamed me for them being on tv. We then went to the store to buy groceries for dinner. When we returned I put on Winter's bone which I thought was a good movie then got ragged on for how depressing it is. Came to the conclusion that watching movies over there when everyone else is home isn't a good idea. my friend said my Tom's looked like they were from the future. I am now finishing up the newcastles i had after I drank a glass of wine that tasted like fermented jolly ranchers. never again on that wine.

windjackass
01-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Have barely used copies of Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword, FFXIII, Arkham City on my coffee table, and I have instead chosen to watch Boyz N the Hood on Netflix.

Mugwog
01-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Going to have to seek new insurance since they hiked up my premium by double for having an at fault accident.

After a meeting, brought my friend out for some Baja Fresh. We got free churros because he finished the "Burrito Dos Manos" when the girl said he couldn't.

After that helped another friend clear a little more out of his studio. It's a lot of stuff.
A past project he had worked on left him with this huge bullet proof glass thing that the owner never picked up. He ended up charging the guy ~400-500 bucks to have "movers" move it and dump it somewhere. We ended up dumping the huge slab of bullet proof glass a few blocks down. It was really loud being dropped out of my friends car.

Then I drove two of my buddy's friends home, since we were done helping him move for the day.

About to smoke some pot and play some PS3 before I call it a night.

Pixiessp
01-31-2012, 02:48 AM
I just flossed and brushed my teeth.

I fell asleep right after I typed the sentence above.

I just fell asleep again.

frizzlefry
01-31-2012, 02:50 AM
I saw a dog fall out of a car window today while the owner was driving. The dog just rolled around a bit on the floor while another car almost ran it over. After the dog regained it's composure it found the nearest tree to pee on and acted like nothing happened.

Most interesting boring story I've read

SoulDischarge
01-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Inhaled.

SoulDischarge
Exhaled.

SoulDischarge
Inhaled

SoulDischarge
01-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Exhaled

SoulDischarge
01-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Exhaled.

Oh wait fuck.

NachoCat
01-31-2012, 04:37 AM
My voice sounds like I have a cold all the time. 1-2 times a week I get asked if I have a cold or if I'm sick. I usually just say yeah.

yeahfontaine
01-31-2012, 05:30 AM
For the next four days, from the hours of 7:45-12:30 every day, I'll be watching 90+ teenagers give presentations about different authors from the Northwest.

Cameron Frye
01-31-2012, 06:13 AM
i'm shaving and then proceeding to take a shower...naked

faxman75
01-31-2012, 06:19 AM
I had a banana and a handful of sunflower seeds for breakfast. Now i'm drinking water and listening to music. It should be a nice day today, I hope to go for a walk at lunch.

gaypalmsprings
01-31-2012, 06:21 AM
I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. I need the fiber.

Premium Roast
01-31-2012, 06:34 AM
woke up and smelled the coffee. And drank it. Don't eat breakfast.

Need to do Q4 taxes for the State Board of Equalization submittal. Then hit the PO Box for checks. Looks nice out, no clouds.

Neighborhood Creep
01-31-2012, 07:21 AM
I woke up, took a piss and am now laying on the couch with the sun in my face and my dogs on my legs.

Cameron Frye
01-31-2012, 08:41 AM
at the gym on my laptop - listening to old men scream at each other on the racquetball courts. great

Kyliediscope
01-31-2012, 08:47 AM
My wisdom teeth are finally coming in, but they don't hurt. I guess I should go to the dentist and get them looked at, but I don't really feel like it. I bruised my leg breaking into my laundry room and now the bruise sort of looks like a giant dragon head. It hurts like the feeling when your calves are tight the next day after running a mile extra too long. My nose is slightly runny and there is a tickle in my throat like I might be getting sick? I don't want to get sick because I have a lot to accomplish on my days off this week.

EastLos01
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
At work waiting for our main server to reboot. it's been down for about half an hour now.

BROKENDOLL
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Any ideas as to what I can create with all these fucking snot rags I'm surrounded by?

algunz
01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
I started my period this morning.

thom cobain
01-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I traded Lamar Odom and Markieff Morris for Paul Pierce and Stephen Jackson.

RedHotSgtPeppers
01-31-2012, 09:07 AM
I just took a test and I was the first person done in the class. Awkward.

Also someone farted REALLY LOUDLY during the test.

Drewbles
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm auditing the financial statements of ACTG.

PlayaDelWes
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
For the first time since the Coachella site and the forum were down, I'm able to get on each from the office.

Neighborhood Creep
01-31-2012, 09:29 AM
I started my period this morning.

http://rlv.zcache.com/pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_poster-rafce5a91cfbe4e509401c9434d861ab7_tvw_400.jpg

Goatchella
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Genie in a bottle

BROKENDOLL
01-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Genie in a bottle
Start rubbing it and at least you'll have company while you're bored.

PotVsKtl
01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
http://www.mountainpest.com/ClusterFly02.gif

Cameron Frye
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
My wisdom teeth are finally coming in, but they don't hurt. I guess I should go to the dentist and get them looked at, but I don't really feel like it. I bruised my leg breaking into my laundry room and now the bruise sort of looks like a giant dragon head. It hurts like the feeling when your calves are tight the next day after running a mile extra too long. My nose is slightly runny and there is a tickle in my throat like I might be getting sick? I don't want to get sick because I have a lot to accomplish on my days off this week.

you won the badass award that night for the break in

BROKENDOLL
01-31-2012, 10:03 AM
They swarmed Coachella in 2010.

captncrzy
01-31-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm breaking out a lot lately. Going to get a facial on Saturday.

BROKENDOLL
01-31-2012, 10:06 AM
If you continually hit your up and down keys, it looks like he's trying to fly.

kitt kat
01-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Going to go to the doctor today.

Cameron Frye
01-31-2012, 11:36 AM
more job hunting, listening to Lower Dens, dog sitting

[http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z454/cameron632/cameron8.jpg

Phenomena
01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
My step brother's car battery died so he called me this morning asking for a jump. I drove to his house still hung over from last night. The jump did not work so it's probably his starter. We then drove in my car to the drug store for prescription for his wife and cigarettes for the both of them. They are building roundabouts in my town.

Premium Roast
01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
itched scalp, nards, then asshole. Need to get back to work. Earlier today told two stragler customers to pay their bills.

So this is what twitter feels like.

PepeO
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Had to work today...PWNED it...now I'm craving some chocolate....going to bake something...like chocolate cake not from the box(I'm a baker). Then take care of my garden for a bit before I do laundry and eat chocolate cake while folding my clothes. Then drive an hour to my girlfriend's house.

locachica73
01-31-2012, 12:14 PM
I was looking for gum in my desk and ran across a half a bag of M&M's I had forgotten were in there. I ate those instead.

Goatchella
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Egg whites, humus, pita, romaine, tomato, purple onion, multi vitamin pack, protein bar, protein shake, 20 oz of water.

Vacuum pump broken on press, needs new veins . Now waiting for HP field tech. Took a nice nap. Signed my time sheet. Pay day tomorrow.

Being charged for burnin man tickets hopefully. ($800)
Final payment to Coachella tomorrow.

Wish my clones would root faster.

tigermilkboy
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Earlier, I inputted some figures in Quickbooks. Reading Coachella message boards now.

Alchemy
01-31-2012, 12:30 PM
A big stink bug (a little larger than a quarter) flew at me today, in the house. I avoided it and wet it with a nearby water bottle that we use to wet the dogs when they're acting crazy - just to deactivate its flying mechanism. I went to the cabinet under the sink to get bug spray - because I'm afraid the stink bug will release its stink if I squish it - but to my frustration, there was no bug spray underneath the sink - despite that that is where it is supposed to be. It wasn't in the garage or under any other sinks. I trapped the stink bug underneath a red solo cup until somebody comes home and directs me to where the bug spray has been incorrectly placed. I'm not usually OCD about things being in their right place, but when it comes to bug spray, that beast needs to be in place.

Goatchella
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Just put it outside weirdo. Bug spray is the dumbest shit ever.

Alchemy
01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
If I put it outside, the dogs are going to see me do this and chase it and eat it, which will put that stink all over their faces. It also kept moving/flying around. I must poison it so that I can flush it down the toilet.

Cameron Frye
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
If I put it outside, the dogs are going to see me do this and chase it and eat it, which will put that stink all over their faces. It also kept moving/flying around. I must poison it so that I can flush it down the toilet.

let us know who wins this battle of wits

motionnn77
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Cleaning my yoga mat, still rocking "Kate Beckinsale" blow-out hair-style from Sunday but it's flatter now.

Alchemy
01-31-2012, 01:47 PM
let us know who wins this battle of wits

The bug has won. I'm abandoning this house for a new one.

Goatchella
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Stink bugs don't fly.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-31-2012, 03:22 PM
I started algunz' period today

algunz
01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Bastard, I have gone through 3 tampons today. The first day is the worst. I feel sorry for my students. I am currently avoiding going home and am at the pub drinking beer by myself, because I know if I go home right now I will just snap at my family too. I hate hormones.

Goatchella
01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm glad I don't have ovaries or a uterus

PotVsKtl
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Post a thread sarcastically calling attention to the endless onslaught of complete bullshit that passes for interaction on the board; idiocratic commentariat unironically takes it as an opportunity to ratchet up previously mentioned narcissistic wasteland.

Goatchella
01-31-2012, 03:36 PM
I love it. Meaningful posts that serve a purpose.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/tntinucci/hydr%20farm/2012/ef70333e.jpg

EastLos01
01-31-2012, 03:36 PM
I am reading half of this thread in "I am Jack's ______" voice and the other half in Eeyore's...

algunz
01-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Post a thread sarcastically calling attention to the endless onslaught of complete bullshit that passes for interaction on the board; idiocratic commentariat unironically takes it as an opportunity to ratchet up previously mentioned narcissistic wasteland.

How could you expect anything different?

PotVsKtl
01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
You could get dick cancer and die.

algunz
01-31-2012, 03:44 PM
No, I can't.

Tubesock Shakur
01-31-2012, 03:47 PM
NO 1 CARES BUNDLES OF STICKS.

Neighborhood Creep
01-31-2012, 03:49 PM
I am having my first beer of the night, alone. I went to the store and bought 4 lbs of 4 different flavors of chicken wings. I am going to cook them all pretty soon. I think a real life friend is coming to hang over so maybe he'll want some. Seinfeld is currently on. Yes!

marooko
01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi, (big word) I'm pot. This is my (big word) contribution.

Apparently the Palin thread is worth a serious contribution. Wow.

mountmccabe
01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
I tend to wear the same glasses for too long, so maybe if I put a few dollars aside in an HSA every week, I will use it to buy new ones.

Go to Zenni Optical (http://www.zennioptical.com/#). I have gotten four pairs for less than $100 total. A complete pair of glasses start at $6.95 (plus $5 flat shipping) and they have a wide variety of frames to choose from. You can get sunglasses (tint your lenses 80% grey) or bifocals or progressives or even transitions.

Courtney
01-31-2012, 04:41 PM

Who says it is unironically?

marooko
01-31-2012, 04:50 PM
I read this forum.

nyarlathotoats
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm all lost in the supermarket...

Alchemy
01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Stink bugs don't fly.

Incorrect. They do fly.

kitt kat
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm procrastinating.

Alchemy
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
What are you procrastinating?

SDsoldier7
01-31-2012, 06:30 PM
i changed my pen today at work. from a blue ink one with a cap to a black ink one that clicks.

marooko
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
i changed my pen today at work. from a blue ink one with a cap to a black ink one that clicks.

Good choice.

algunz
01-31-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm inputting grades.

kitt kat
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
What are you procrastinating?

Homework.

PotVsKtl
01-31-2012, 07:24 PM
VE3zcF5ciNc

BROKENDOLL
01-31-2012, 07:30 PM
A big stink bug (a little larger than a quarter) flew at me today, in the house. I avoided it and wet it with a nearby water bottle that we use to wet the dogs when they're acting crazy - just to deactivate its flying mechanism. I went to the cabinet under the sink to get bug spray - because I'm afraid the stink bug will release its stink if I squish it - but to my frustration, there was no bug spray underneath the sink - despite that that is where it is supposed to be. It wasn't in the garage or under any other sinks. I trapped the stink bug underneath a red solo cup until somebody comes home and directs me to where the bug spray has been incorrectly placed. I'm not usually OCD about things being in their right place, but when it comes to bug spray, that beast needs to be in place.
Stinkbugs can fly? I thought they just loped along with their asses in the air...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/tsuikii/stinkbug1.jpg
Do I have my bugs confused?

Alchemy
01-31-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't think that is a stink bug. Stink bugs look like shields.

http://www.getridofstinkbugsnow.com/stink-bug2.jpg

RedHotSgtPeppers
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
I just discovered how much fun it is to pull all the tiny shards of glass from a broken shot glass from my garbage disposal.

HINT: The fun-level is zero.

algunz
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Stinkbugs can fly? I thought they just loped along with their asses in the air...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/tsuikii/stinkbug1.jpg
Do I have my bugs confused?

That's what I thought when he said stinkbug too.

boarderwoozel3
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
So this thread is kind of like Seinfeld without the amusing bits.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
what is the deal with that

Phenomena
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Who are these people?

BROKENDOLL
01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
It's a good thing that I'm able to find some significance in this shit life of mine to be able to offer whatever goodness may be left to someone in need...

Stink Bug Facts

Here is a list of the most important stink bug facts you should be aware about.
What do Stink Bugs Eat?

http://stinkbugsguide.net/stink-bugs-eat.jpg
Stink bugs are basically herbivorous (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivorous). They have sucking and piercing mouthparts which they use while feeding on a number of fruits and crops. They suck juice from fruits and cause significant damage to the plants. Their major hosts are birch, serviceberry, catalpa, butterfly bush, pecan, redbud, hackberry, pepper, dogwood, citrus, cucumber, tomato, sunflower, apple, pear, plum, and grape. They render damage to the plants in multiple ways: create necrotic areas on the surface of fruits, injure seeds, or even transfer plant-pathogens.
Some Asian stink bugs also hunt beetle larvae or caterpillars thus curbing devastative pests and proving beneficial for the plants. This is all about their eating habits in summer season; since they do not generate their heat on their own, they have to rely on external surroundings to keep themselves warm. Therefore, they remain hibernate in cold seasons.

Do Stink Bugs Bite?

Normally they do not. It is a fact that stink bugs feed on fruits and vegetables and they hold no grudge against humans. However, they do bite humans when they feel threatened and do this to prevent any sort of danger to their lives. As a result of their bite a person may feel painful, but harmless, swelling or rashes on the affected part of the body. Though stink bugs' bite is usually treated as non-poisonous bite for humans but it may prove poisonous for small kids and pets.

Originalbob
01-31-2012, 11:16 PM
My kidneys are emanating a dull pain and I have a small pimple on the end of my nose.

Neighborhood Creep
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm chatting on Tinychat

gaypalmsprings
02-01-2012, 05:28 AM
http://chibird.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/lifeboring.gif

rjadams90
02-01-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm doing laundry righ meow. And, I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk fron last night.

captncrzy
02-01-2012, 06:22 AM
I think I might be getting Alzheimers. I have no idea how I got to work this morning. At one point, I was driving and all of a sudden I was like "whoa, where the fuck am I?"

locachica73
02-01-2012, 06:28 AM
I get to go to 6 hours of training on how to submit for a dust control permit. I have been submitting dust control permits for several years now and they always get approved but I still get to sit through 6 hours of training. Joy.

TomAz
02-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Who says it is unironically?

oh come on.

Premium Roast
02-01-2012, 07:36 AM
I think I understand why Potviski comes here, but I don’t know why Potviski comes here. Unless it’s his site and board with a unrealistic goal of shaping it into a personal utopia featuring clone-like minions. Potviski, self-inflicted wounds since 2007.

Currently drinking the false marketed “Jamaican Blue Mountain” from Sprouts.

Goatchella
02-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Potsvki is a Drunken Russian old man in my mind

TomAz
02-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Boring Thoughts About PotvsKtl.

Goatchella
02-01-2012, 08:20 AM
TomAz is a sober old man in my mind

thom cobain
02-01-2012, 08:25 AM
i've got a devils haircut in my mind.

TomAz
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
and apparently not much else.

Goatchella
02-01-2012, 08:29 AM
You are like coffee for my heart TomAz.

Bringing my chuckles to the surface.

thom cobain
02-01-2012, 08:29 AM
ooh zing!

bluemamba
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Estoy rosado. No se porque.

corbo
02-01-2012, 10:29 PM
i bought the Jawbone Jambox blue tooth portable speaker
so far it's been great
long battery life, good sound, and good size
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to anyone looking for a portable speaker

algunz
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Estoy rosado. No se porque.

Are you allergic to anything?

cutterbutter
02-01-2012, 10:37 PM
The skin on my shoulders isn't very clear. Its not pimply or anything, but I'm not happy about it. So Ive been religious about using these benzoyl-peroxide wipes and so far it is already looking better.

cutterbutter
02-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Classes
http://i.imgur.com/788bA.gif

NachoCat
02-02-2012, 07:28 AM
How it works is one of my favorite shows. Especially at 4 am.

amyzzz
02-02-2012, 08:53 AM
This should win worst thread ever for 2012.

algunz
02-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I have a terrible headache.

Goatchella
02-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I wish I wasn't so tired last night. I need to blow a load. I feel 16 walking around with a boner looking at anything with a pulse thinking about banging.

Must be all this workout and diet shit. I have so much energy and testosterone during the day.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I just ate some peanut butter-filled pretzel balls. om nom nom

Newro7ic
02-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I just re-read the I find it hard to believe... thread, and I don't get it.

bluemamba
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Are you allergic to anything?

I might be. I must've rubbed into something thats irritating me.

ThatGirl
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I've yawned 4 times in the last 60 seconds.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I've yawned 4 times in the last 60 seconds.

I am a goddamn yawn machine. it drives everyone around me crazy. I have a really big mouth and do lion-style yawns too.

flowbee
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
A friend and I go to Big 5 sporting goods and we see a watch in a nice case with original price $79.99. Then notice 5 markdown tags stuck to it with the lowest one being $5.99. The watch looks kind of ugly, no brand name, no instructions, but it says it's radio controlled. What? We ask cashiers what is a radio controlled watch?. They don't know but say it doesn't come with a battery and that's why it's so cheap. Friend buys it out of curiosity since it's only $5.99. We immediately buy a battery at the mall to test it. Watch doesn't seem to be very good investment yet.

I walked into GNC with same friend b/c he was looking for guarana pills for energy. Employee couldn't find any but tried to sell him on all kinds of crap nobody needs. They talked for at least 15 minutes straight about supplements and finally friend tells employee he's not buying what he's selling. Employee looked disappointed deep inside. This is a store I rarely see anyone shopping in. Then friend asks, "How's business?". I think to myself, really? Awkward silence, then employee says uh, well time's are kind of tough, blah blah blah. He nods. I bought a protein bar to be nice.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
A friend and I go to Big 5 sporting goods and we see a watch in a nice case with original price $79.99. Then notice 5 markdown tags stuck to it with the lowest one being $5.99. The watch looks kind of ugly, no brand name, no instructions, but it says it's radio controlled. What? We ask cashiers what is a radio controlled watch?. They don't know but say it doesn't come with a battery and that's why it's so cheap. Friend buys it out of curiosity since it's only $5.99. We immediately buy a battery at the mall to test it. Watch doesn't seem to be very good investment yet.

I walked into GNC with same friend b/c he was looking for guarana pills for energy. Employee couldn't find any but tried to sell him on all kinds of crap nobody needs. They talked for at least 15 minutes straight about supplements and finally friend tells employee he's not buying what he's selling. Employee looked disappointed deep inside. This is a store I rarely see anyone shopping in. Then friend asks, "How's business?". I think to myself, really? Awkward silence, then employee says uh, well time's are kind of tough, blah blah blah. He nods. I bought a protein bar to be nice.

Wow. Extremely good use of this thread.

Goatchella
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I am a goddamn yawn machine. it drives everyone around me crazy. I have a really big mouth and do lion-style yawns too.

You have a mane of a beard too..I like that, lions yawn.

gaypalmsprings
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I shed a tear when I saw this photo on the LA Times website. Life is hopeless without Spongebob. Come back to life, my friend.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef016300a040d8970d-pi

euphonicfiend
02-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I have been craving a blue moon so I drank one.

nyarlathotoats
02-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Had two single servings of trail mix

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-02-2012, 07:32 PM
i need to stop drinking coffee now.

Cameron Frye
02-02-2012, 07:37 PM
had a phone interview with an investment firm out in LA this afternoon...

Neighborhood Creep
02-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I just went to the store and bought some granola for my yogurt.

Goatchella
02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I ate a breakfast burrito this morning. It was so good. I've been on this retardedly strict diet... Then took out my pack of vitamins. It's two big blue ones and two big white ones and a big red one. I have been having trouble swallowing one at a time. Yesterday tho, I tried two at a time and they seemed to go down easier. So today I figured I would try three at a time.
Popped three, water and swallow...kinda gagged. Shook it off drank some water. Then I go for the next three.
All go down and one seems to go sideways and I barfed up a lil breakfast burrito on my desk.

I don't have a craving for breakfast burritos anymore and tomorrow I will take two vitamins at a time.

My piss is neon green/yellow.

TomAz
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
The bawds of euphony

tigermilkboy
02-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Sat in the same room with Mitt Romney and listened to him speak.

marooko
02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm reading this thread.

euphonicfiend
02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
My piss is neon green/yellow.

This makes me want to take my vitamins again. I like it when I pee neon colors. It makes me feel
like they are working when my pee resembles the 80s & 90s.. Thank you for the reminder.

alyssaf12
02-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I changed my avatar and made some rice

Mugwog
02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Just ate the rest of my chicken torta.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Getting ready to wack it.

Mugwog
02-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Finished a task. Now contemplating the same as Drinkey.

windjackass
02-03-2012, 03:36 AM
I woke up today, got a coffee, and headed straight to work. It was a good, busy night, and our hockey team just destroyed the other team, so everyone was in a great mood. Lots of hot girls and good tips. After work, headed home to change into warmer clothes, then played an hour and a half of shinny with a few friends at 3am at the rink a few blocks away from my house. Came home, changed, and have been contemplating playing PS3 alternately between smoking weed and listening to music and surfing the internet. I am currently listening to Funeral (an album I have always wanted to love, but just couldn't seem to get into as much as most) and reading this thread back-to-front. My favourite post so far is the one from the the guy who's friend bought a watch and then he bought a protein bar from the other guy to be nice.

OnlyNonStranger
02-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm a tad hungover.

Goatchella
02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
I feel good. Worked from 6am till 9:30 pm last night. Going out of town so I had to pack and take care of plants and animals. Getting some ink done tomorrow.

Ordered the solar panels for off the grid outdoor untzing.
All my friends are comming down from up north. Gonna boulder on Sunday.

Ran out of fresh boxers so I'm free balling. What's Craxing fewls

PlayaDelWes
02-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Booked a room in Vegas for March Maddness
Complained to our work cafeteria about their deceptive signage and 'specials'
Went to my daughters school early to help her clean out her desk of any 'distractions'
Read an article about how troubled THQ is
Thinking about putting up the Feb lineup approval rating poll
Have internally debated for days whether or not I like Scramble With Friends
Still haven't crossed Cat Power or La Roux off my must see list for this year

EastLos01
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Going to go to the doctor today.

Was it a concussion after all?

ThatGirl
02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Waiting for someone on a conference call that hasn't shown up yet.

Mugwog
02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
In bed touching my balls before a meeting in 39 minutes
I'm probably going to get ready
Probably

EastLos01
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Just read that Adam Lambert is the new frontman for Queen. Slow day on my side of the screen...

frizzlefry
02-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Made 113 dollars in tips and got a pay check, I feel like I should spend some of it instead of always saving

icedKeg
02-03-2012, 11:05 PM

Fisting and tampons do belong in one place, yes.

Fist & The Tampons

gaypalmsprings
02-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I just came back from seeing Rufus and Martha Wainwright. I just ate a very ripe banana, and I am thinking about a bowl of chicken noodle soup. My sock has a hole in it.

marooko
02-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I only have dress socks. It's pretty funny when I wear shorts. This may be too exciting for this thread.

BROKENDOLL
02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm making my bucket list using the posts in this thread. Life is short, you know.

unknown
02-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Last night I used a couple drops of grapefruit seed extract in my neti pot rinse because I heard that was good for you. My sinuses have been irritating me more than usual, particularly my left nostril. It seems to have helped a little bit. I will try it again today.

SoulDischarge
02-04-2012, 10:32 AM
This thread was supposed to be a joke, y'all

BROKENDOLL
02-04-2012, 11:01 AM
My life is a joke. A cruel, unfulfilled bucket of laughs, God dammit!

captain 66
02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Just ate a whole tray of nachos and I'm not stuffed at all

Fast metabolism ftw

Mugwog
02-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Last night I used a couple drops of grapefruit seed extract in my neti pot rinse because I heard that was good for you. My sinuses have been irritating me more than usual, particularly my left nostril. It seems to have helped a little bit. I will try it again today.

Any thing else you've tried to help uncongest? I'm terribly stuffy right now

Premium Roast
02-04-2012, 11:25 AM
going to shoot hoops

Finished shopping this morning at Sprouts for Super Bowl party. Homemade chicken wings, polish sausage, gyros the way Greeks do em (with french fries), potato chips, pizza. Prepare to barf.

Gribbz
02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I hate the terms "chill-wave" and "post-rock."
/thecoolestofstoriesbro

Mugwog
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I slept on the couch last night because my couch is very comfy

SoulDischarge
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Last night I slept on a chaise lounge built from the jaw bones of your ancestors, each dipped in an iridescent enamel extracted from the marrow of the last remaining Scylla, bound together from an adhesive gum scraped off the backs of deceased armadillos rotting in the festering sun of Death Valley. Because it's very comfy.

Mugwog
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Last night I slept on a chaise lounge built from the jaw bones of your ancestors, each dipped in an iridescent enamel extracted from the marrow of the last remaining Scylla, bound together from an adhesive gum scraped off the backs of deceased armadillos rotting in the festering sun of Death Valley. Because it's very comfy.

So, was this imported from the Philippines?

SoulDischarge
02-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Found it on sale at Pier 1.

wstsidela
02-04-2012, 12:49 PM
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS: There's too much resin in my pipe. I really should clean it.

Pixiessp
02-04-2012, 12:58 PM

It still is.

guedita
02-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm always either hungover or drunk or asleep.

Mugwog
02-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I thought you guys cared about me having the sniffles
:(

ThatGirl
02-04-2012, 01:32 PM

It's probably going to get thread of the year at the 2012 board awards.

CaptHowdyO_o
02-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm reading this thread while my mom watches Contagion. Debating whether or not to finish reading Shadow Divers[I] or go ride my bike..hmm

sonofhal
02-04-2012, 01:59 PM
It is snowing. Everyone in London on my facebook/twitter feed are acting like they've never seen it before. Give it 48 hrs and they'll be bitching about how it is fucking up their travel plans. #whitepowderproblems

Cameron Frye
02-04-2012, 06:10 PM
It is snowing. Everyone in London on my facebook/twitter feed are acting like they've never seen it before. Give it 48 hrs and they'll be bitching about how it is fucking up their travel plans. #whitepowderproblems

i guess there was a "snowstorm" in Feb 2003...btw snowstorm equaled about an inch or two of snow. everything shut down, they brought food to people stranded on the highways

i was the first person into work, prbly out of the entire building that day

frizzlefry
02-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I cut myself at work, really embarrassing, boss drove me to the hospital where I was put on some fast track, I was in and out in two hours, a little happy about that

gaypalmsprings
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I slept in my bed last night. I probably will again tonight.

Mugwog
02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I slept in my bed last night. I probably will again tonight.
BULLSHIT.

TomAz
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM

I'm always either hungover or drunk or asleep.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast
ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them
under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

SoulDischarge
02-04-2012, 07:22 PM
No one cares about your pets, Tom.

TomAz
02-04-2012, 07:23 PM
They would if I started a thread about them.

SoulDischarge
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Touche.

Aphxtwinin
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
hah, thats funny...got almost 3ft of snow here in Colorado over two days...which caused me to play The Old Republic for about 5hours straight

Starraven
02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Its cold

fikus222
02-04-2012, 08:28 PM
My cat waits 'til I return home to poop.

santasutt
02-05-2012, 03:12 AM

SHOTS: NPR's Health Blog

Second Neti-Pot Death From Amoeba Prompts Tap-Water Warning
by NANCY SHUTE

Washing noses with neti pots or squeeze bottles has become increasingly popular as a home remedy for colds, allergies and sinus trouble. But it's not such a great remedy if it kills you.

Now that two people have died from infection with brain-eating amoebas after using neti pots, doctors are warning: do not put tap water up your nose.

"Drinking water is good to drink, very safe to drink, but not to push up your nose," says Raoult Ratard, state epidemiologist for the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals. Two residents of his state have died after using neti pots this year, the first known deaths associated with neti pots. "The first one could have been a fluke," Ratard told Shots. But now that we have a second one, the only explanation is the use of the neti pot."

The first death came in June, when a 20-year-old man died of encephalitis caused by infection with Naegleria fowleri. That amoeba is common in rivers and lakes, but only very rarely causes brain infections. Back in August, we reported on several deaths in children who had been jumping or diving in fresh water. But since adults are less likely to be doing cannonballs, they're also less likely to be infected.

Then in October, a 51-year-old Louisiana woman died of encephalitis. The doctor thought to ask if she used a neti pot. Both her brain tissue and her home's tap water tested positive for the microbe. Ratard says: "They found the amoeba, the lady was using a neti pot, and had no contact whatsoever with surface water."

Thus the new warning from Louisiana: If using a neti pot or other nasal irrigation device, use distilled or filtered water. Keeping the device clean is crucial, too, Ratard says. A neti pot, which looks like a small genie lamp, can be safely washed in a dishwasher, but squeeze bottles and other devices need to be scrubbed. All need to dry between uses. "If you let them dry completely, the amoebas are not going to survive long," Ratard says.

A quick survey of neti pots and squeeze bottles finds that the instructions recommend using boiled, distilled or filtered water. But like so many simple hygiene instructions, it's one that's easy to let slide. The prospect of death by brain-eating amoeba, rare though it is, should provide enough motivation to follow the rules.

Editor's Note: An earlier version of this post included a photograph of a specific neti pot product that was not associated with the potential medical issues described in the post. The photograph has been removed.

JustSteve
02-05-2012, 03:25 AM
4:25am blood draw.

ThatGirl
02-05-2012, 06:14 AM
My cat waits 'til I return home to poop.

Sometimes we have to pretend to eat bites of our dogs food before she'll start eating it. She doesn't like to eat first.

heyeric
02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Reading about your life...

blackchango
02-07-2012, 01:50 AM
There is a mockingbird perched in a tree somewhere in my neighborhood who wont shut the fuck up!

Cameron Frye
02-07-2012, 04:14 AM
i'm going to the record store today. if i find any good buys i'll post it in the cd/lp thread

thank you for reading this post

malcolmjamalawesome
02-07-2012, 05:03 AM
i'm going to the record store today. if i find any good buys i'll post it in the cd/lp thread

thank you for reading this post

You may as well just post your buys in here. It's theme-appropriate.

frizzlefry
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Woke up yesterday with Jodie in my arms, comfortable, let the alarms ring for a couple minutes and lay there slowly becoming late for our days. She gets up to shower while I stay in bed feeling incipient signs of my hangover. After her shower she badgers me to get out of bed and get ready, my bandage has fallen off while I slept. I eventually get up and decide not to shower due to the stitches in my thumb. Come down stairs and realize the full potential of my hangover, force down two slices of bread, Jodie puts on a new bandage, I take her to work late and drive to school on time, surprisingly alert and awake, my MP3 player runs out of battery. Get to class and I'm sure the teacher can see the hangover exuding out of my pores. After trying to stay awake for the class I saunter to my car and nap for a couple hours until I wake up to meet my friend Katie at a coffee house. Talk about her current divorce, school, cloudy futures, casually flirting here and there. Make vague plans for drinking and infused gummie bears later that night but they will most likely fall through. Drive back to school, the coffee is only temporarily fooling my body, the hangover is lurking still. At a stoplight in campus, the car in front of me prepares to make a right hand turn at the light, pedestrians walk across the street and the driver in front of me actually allows every pedestrian to cross, even waits for the people from far side of the street, he actually obeyed that law...never seen anyone do that. Get to school go to the library, pretty unproductive. Go to Spanish, long and boring, complete my homework in front of the professor. Afterward, go to library, still unproductive, Jodie calls and we talk shows coming up and her day, drive to The Yellow Deli to study and actually do so despite an obnoxious and energetic older gentleman sitting next to me. Spark up sarcastic and amusing conversation with cute girl sitting next to me trying to do homework. We go to the same school, talk about killing opossums, our studies, politics, etc. The young man sitting on the other side of her joins in and also goes to the same school, conversation turns to Marxism, Existentialism, Dancing, More Politics, Religion, the girl puts her hair up and I'm smitten. Another classmate joins us, she actually knows the young man, not a complete stranger, the conversation and lack of homework continues. After a muffin and yerba mate my hangover is finally replaced by exhaustion, by this point we have a communications, a literature, a marketing, and an economic mathematics major sitting in a row, none of us seem to have any plans for our lives. The girl I sparked the conversation with leaves around 1:00 AM but I awkwardly exchange numbers before she can, the late comer tells me I should see Designer Drugs at a club for free, the young man facebooks me and one of the employees at the Yellow Deli invites me to a gathering that the employees have every Friday night when they close up shop, it's a religious ceremony for them but he says it's a good place to express yourself, not sure if he is trying to recruit me or is just being friendly. I drive home, get on internet, post on board, get excited about shows coming up, porn, fall asleep on the couch.

Cameron Frye
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
You may as well just post your buys in here. It's theme-appropriate.

thanks mja

Goatchella
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
The only thin worse than a hangover is the clowns that talk about them.

heyeric
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
listening to this guys mix

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?51990-Trying-my-hand-at-mixing!

marooko
02-08-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?51923-It-Rubs-The-Lotion-On-Its-Skin-A-Thread-About-Dating