PDA

View Full Version : MAKE SURE YOUR TENT IS COMPLETE AND PRACTICE SETTING IT UP

christheshark
01-26-2012, 12:23 AM
BEFORE YOU LEAVE MAKE SURE YOUR TENT IS COMPLETE AND PRACTICE SETTING IT UP

back in 09 my hommie and myself arrived real freakin late during paul mccartney's set.... this sucked because it was too dark to tell what the fuck we were doing.... we started to set up a tent that we barrowed from a friend.... my friend didnt tell me that he hadnt used it since 95 when he was in cub scouts and it was missing a center pole and all the stakes .... it was a fucking nightmare...the tent kept falling over into the tents next to us... it looked like shit... and the only idea i had (sorry if u were a victim of this but there was no choice, and i couldnt ask because everyone was at the festival) was to steal stakes from surrounding tents... mind you i only stole 1 per tent but i felt freakin bad.... i did return half of them sunday night to the tents i did remmembered but yeah that sucked for both parties... but honestly the tent still looked like shit

BeaverCat
01-26-2012, 12:25 AM
ITT; common sense. ..and you're an ass for stealing from your neighbors.

christheshark
01-26-2012, 12:30 AM
ITT; common sense. ..and you're an ass for stealing from your neighbors.

i agree man i was an ass... however i did return 2 of the 4 stakes i took.... and my neighbors were cool about it.... i think they pittied me for my busted ass tent

Starraven
01-26-2012, 02:20 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/islandblogging//blogs/005630/images/26tent_collapse_470x352_copy001.jpg

TheClares
01-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Here's an idea. Next time, ask around. I always have extra stakes, but if I caught you stealing one from my tent, I would not be pleased, and neither would you. Just because you returned $1 worth of stakes, doesn't make it ok. You also made 3 others peoples tents unstable (while managing to stake down all 4 corners of your own tent). Douchebag.

maniroses
01-26-2012, 04:50 AM
BEFORE YOU LEAVE MAKE SURE YOUR TENT IS COMPLETE AND PRACTICE SETTING IT UP

back in 09 my hommie and myself arrived real freakin late during paul mccartney's set.... this sucked because it was too dark to tell what the fuck we were doing.... we started to set up a tent that we barrowed from a friend.... my friend didnt tell me that he hadnt used it since 95 when he was in cub scouts and it was missing a center pole and all the stakes .... it was a fucking nightmare...the tent kept falling over into the tents next to us... it looked like shit... and the only idea i had (sorry if u were a victim of this but there was no choice, and i couldnt ask because everyone was at the festival) was to steal stakes from surrounding tents... mind you i only stole 1 per tent but i felt freakin bad.... i did return half of them sunday night to the tents i did remmembered but yeah that sucked for both parties... but honestly the tent still looked like shit

Did you and you're Hommie carry a piece?

heart cooks brain
01-26-2012, 06:11 AM

this was baily's post to make.

blackchango
01-26-2012, 08:23 AM

Did you have have tea and crumpets today while watching tellie old chap?

baily
01-26-2012, 08:26 AM

don't be stealing my line hommie

maniroses
01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Sorry homme

PlayaDelWes
01-26-2012, 08:52 AM
## TOTY nominee ##

scenicworld
01-26-2012, 09:35 AM
last year, I broke down camp right after getting back to camp sunday night and I have a feeling I'll be missing parts for my tent and/or canopy. I bought a new canopy this year, so I'm not too worried about that but I really hope I have all the pieces for my tent. thanks for the reminder!

Goatchella
01-26-2012, 09:40 AM
I forgot the poles last time I camped. I just slept in my sleeping bag the dirt.

christheshark
01-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Here's an idea. Next time, ask around. I always have extra stakes, but if I caught you stealing one from my tent, I would not be pleased, and neither would you. Just because you returned $1 worth of stakes, doesn't make it ok. You also made 3 others peoples tents unstable (while managing to stake down all 4 corners of your own tent). Douchebag.

There were eight corners.... This was a really old tent.... this was also contributing factor to it looking like shit.... Four was enough to atleast keep it standing unless there was a breeze then it would tip over on our neighbors tents.... And agreed douchebag thing to do....

Goatchella
01-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Your goin to have something bad happen to you now. The bees will get you

NachoCat
01-26-2012, 09:51 AM
My tent shall be great. Ill post pics when its done.

Prepare to be amazed.

christheshark
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Your goin to have something bad happen to you now. The bees will get you

Fuck I'm allergic to bees..... Can u curse me with something else

Goatchella
01-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Nope. Douchebags get bees and nice guys get honey

Btw I'm a san dimas original. Noticed you were from westco.

baily
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
tent camping today can be LUXURY. There are so many nice tents and great camping gear out there today that it can be awesome for even the homiest of bodies.

one advice is to take luggage locks and LOCK UP your tent to discourage people 'doing it' in your tent while your away and discourage thieves from busting in....while it would be easy to knife open a tent they are more likely to find one that isn't locked.

Goatchella
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Fuck thieves.

Courtney
01-26-2012, 11:27 AM
one advice is to take luggage locks and LOCK UP your tent to discourage people 'doing it' in your tent while your away and discourage thieves from busting in....while it would be easy to knife open a tent they are more likely to find one that isn't locked.

I sort of feel like this might have the opposite of intended effect, in that if thieves see a lock they are going to assume that it's there because the tent actually contains something worth stealing, and therefore be more likely to target it for theft.

tharris
01-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I sort of feel like this might have the opposite of intended effect, in that if thieves see a lock they are going to assume that it's there because the tent actually contains something worth stealing, and therefore be more likely to target it for theft.

This. Put the valuables in the car and leave nothing in the tent that someone would want to steal.

Oh and by valuables I mainly mean beer

FrothyMeerkat
04-10-2012, 05:51 AM
just buy a quick pitch pop up tent. I just found a store that sells them cheap in LA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKfOvM1UcxM