PDA

View Full Version : Party campground?

windjackass
01-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Are there campgrounds that are traditionally quiet, and ones that are traditionally full of drunk partiers, or does it vary year to year?

wstsidela
01-25-2012, 02:40 AM
It all depends on your neighbors. Two years ago, we had boombox-blasting vato locos. Last year, nothing but peace, love, & Portlandia.

Das Disco
01-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Its pretty random i think, other than people that meet up prior to heading in and form groups.

I would think that people who want peace and quiet after the show would meet in a parking lot and head in together so they have a quiet camp.

Goatchella
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Stay away from my camp mr rogers

GuyInTucson
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
They are enforcing quiet time in the campgrounds after 9 pm every night this year. No talking unless you are inside the festival.

NachoCat
01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I will be playing this at 2:30 am at high volumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AvztikLFyo

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
They are enforcing quiet time in the campgrounds after 9 pm every night this year. No talking unless you are inside the festival.

Whispers only!

CitizenJ
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Stay away from my camp mr rogers

Stay away from my camp Skrillex.

CitizenJ
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Whispers only!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYNQzqNqzdc

christheshark
01-25-2012, 10:59 AM
if your expecting this...... no.....
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1PLaz3bhc2c/TjTztLYPq0I/AAAAAAAASHQ/y8Z-4NTiH3Y/s1600/tea+party.jpg

CitizenJ
01-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Does anyone ever look at where they are in line and let people move ahead of them if possible for car camping? Like if I see a bunch of ravers behind me can i get out of line and move back some?

While the tea party looks fine and danndy, I don't want to get 1 hour a sleep a night because the worst music imaginable is being blasted from the tent next to me, and I feel like death on the third day.

HumanRobot74x
01-25-2012, 01:25 PM
even if you have good neighbors(rare that you wont get at least one group of eurotrash or Sublime blasting drunks) you have to deal with the roaming acid fueled drum circles and wandering ravers. Being drunk, bringing xanax/ambien or ear plugs are all highly recommended if you want more than 4 hours of sleep a night.

zonarob
01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Does anyone ever look at where they are in line and let people move ahead of them if possible for car camping? Like if I see a bunch of ravers behind me can i get out of line and move back some?

While the tea party looks fine and danndy, I don't want to get 1 hour a sleep a night because the worst music imaginable is being blasted from the tent next to me, and I feel like death on the third day.

Ear plugs FTW

Mugwog
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
There are noise parades till 4am dude. Get ear plugs.

dcbell05
01-25-2012, 02:35 PM

ABSOLUTELY. Did this last year and waved a handful of cars in front of us. Prevented us from being next to frat-chella boys.

All of our neighbors were pretty quiet after the fest till 9am at least, but we were right next to the really bright light/genereal store for parking lot 8. We could hear the DJs spinning till like 3am, definitely outside of quiet hours.

Earplugs and/or something to help you sleep (ambien, alcohol, whatevs).

Gribbz
01-25-2012, 03:01 PM
There are noise parades till 4am dude.

Didn't these dbags get beaten up one year?

Mugwog
01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
No idea, but I remember one year the cops tried to stop the noise parade and the noise parade prevailed. They just stood by and watched the craziness. I remember people carrying around an inflated boat and using trash cans as mobile drums/stages.

frizzlefry
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
So glad I have no idea what these noise parades are.

Mugwog
01-25-2012, 06:29 PM
People walking around yelling "O-lay! O-lay-O-lay-O-lay! O-lay! O-lay!" Repeat and walk around each street singing this until 6am or you get bored.

CitizenJ
01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
There are noise parades till 4am dude. Get ear plugs.

The hell? What epic level of Douche-baggery is this?

CitizenJ
01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
People walking around yelling "O-lay! O-lay-O-lay-O-lay! O-lay! O-lay!" Repeat and walk around each street singing this until 6am or you get bored.

Yea, this is something I will never understand in this human experience of ours. Why people chant this stupid phrase so damn much.

unit300021
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Everyone should take part in a Noise parade at least one time to have the full coachella camping experience. And what I mean by that is to learn that your body will not forgive you for the next few days afterwords to make you never want to do it again. Sleep is good at Coachella.

CitizenJ
01-26-2012, 10:19 AM
to learn that your body will not forgive you for the next few days afterwords to make you never want to do it again.

Yea, That sounds like a fantastic time. I thought I was going there to see awesome bands like Pulp, and Radiohead, but how Wrong I was.

Goatchella
01-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Once clowns do dumb shit like that, they pay for it by being Burnt out and they never do it again.

Sarcasm...learnnit

Dexxx
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM

In 2010 it was "wake up! Wake up, wake up wake up! Waaakkee up! WaaAAAaakee Uppppp!" to the tune of Ole!
Last year it was, "Wake up and dance! Wake up and dance!" all while the crowd followed one of the balls from arcade fire being bounced above them

LetThereBeLight
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
In 2010 it was "wake up! Wake up, wake up wake up! Waaakkee up! WaaAAAaakee Uppppp!" to the tune of Ole!
Last year it was, "Wake up and dance! Wake up and dance!" all while the crowd followed one of the balls from arcade fire being bounced above them

I'm really glad I didn't experience any of that.

Gribbz
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
The hell? What epic level of Douche-baggery is this?

The highest.

fetuspiniata
01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Last year we wound up to this group of teenagers and right when they got there they busted out a boom box and put on one of their ipods on random. After like 3 or 4 cheesy techno songs in a row I thought I was going to die. Then low and behold Ween's "the stallion pt ?" came on! Throughout the night everytime I'd get anoyed by what was being played some awesome song would come on and totally redeem them. Thursday night I smoked a blunt with them(their treat) Friday morning we bought some rolls off them. Saturday morning I gave them our leftover veggie fajitas. Saturday night i gave them my shitty decoy weed because we heard them talking about smoking resin because they had run out. Sunday morning they bought the last of my mushys off me. All weekend at totally random times they'd yell "skrillex" in the funniest deep voice and then multiple times we heard the phrase "skrillex changed my life bro". Come to find out it was all just a schtick and they were mocking some other guys they had met. They ended up being really cool kids and it made me somewhat hopeful for the future.

I know, cool story bro! But the point of my story is that even if people are loud you should just get over it and have a good time.

tharris
01-27-2012, 11:04 AM
But the point of my story is that even if people are loud you should just get over it and have a good time.

Agreed.

CitizenJ
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Last year we wound up to this group of teenagers and right when they got there they busted out a boom box and put on one of their ipods on random. After like 3 or 4 cheesy techno songs in a row I thought I was going to die. Then low and behold Ween's "the stallion pt ?" came on! Throughout the night everytime I'd get anoyed by what was being played some awesome song would come on and totally redeem them. Thursday night I smoked a blunt with them(their treat) Friday morning we bought some rolls off them. Saturday morning I gave them our leftover veggie fajitas. Saturday night i gave them my shitty decoy weed because we heard them talking about smoking resin because they had run out. Sunday morning they bought the last of my mushys off me. All weekend at totally random times they'd yell "skrillex" in the funniest deep voice and then multiple times we heard the phrase "skrillex changed my life bro". Come to find out it was all just a schtick and they were mocking some other guys they had met. They ended up being really cool kids and it made me somewhat hopeful for the future.

I know, cool story bro! But the point of my story is that even if people are loud you should just get over it and have a good time.

That actually just sounds like two sets of druggy, vegan campers who have slightly different tastes in music, camping next to each other. of course you would get along. I doubt I would have got along with those guys, my stance stands.