PDA

View Full Version : Some general camping knowledge I gained last year

MoSetsfire
01-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Last year my roommate and I car camped and I fuckin loved our neighbors. My advice for any first time car campers is to help everyone around you set up (they will more than likely do the same) and get to know the people you'll be camping next to.

Other bits of information
1. Bring food, but not as much as you think. I saw so many people dumping out coolers of food last year. heartbreaking.

2. be sure to get a good breakfast in. Raging from noon til 2am is exhausting.

3. Bring a tarp or canopy to cover your tent with. I didn't do this last year and by 9am everyday it was 100 degrees in my tent

4. Its windy bro. Way windy. get some good tent stakes.

5. The portable showers are convenient if you don't want to wait in line, but the showers Coachella provides are legit. The water was always hot, always had good pressure and it was private.

6. a pair of chucks or some cheap pumas go a lot further than flip flops

7. They aren't going to search you like an immigrant at an airport, but if you wanna get certain things into the festival , hide them well.

8. bring bags for trash and recycling. Don't be a dick. Clean up after yourself.

I'll be at week one. Looking forward to getting out of this suit and tie and into my swim trunks.

Cheers

Mo - From Dallas

MoSetsfire
01-23-2012, 11:39 AM
heh. I've been reading this forum for like 4 months. I didnt realized I never posted anything before.