PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado Camping - arrival checking in

SoBeErica
01-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is with the El Dorado camping and getting the tents? They're totally inconsistent with their messages...see below. One says the camping pass will only be valid with the first from your group to arrive but the other which doesn't show up unless you're trying to buy the passes says the person who gets there first has to be the person who bought the pass. WTF?!?! Obviously only 1 person is going to buy it. I'm flying in from the east coast and arriving Thursday but my friend who bought the pass is driving in from LA on Friday...so does this mean that I can't get the tent even though I will have both the camping pass and 1 of the 4 passes that came with it? Anyone have experience with this last year? I emailed them but haven't gotten a response. When camping with 4 people I'm sure this is not the first time this has come up so I don't know why they're being so evasive and unclear. I'm gonna have to get all lawyerly on their ass if I don't get an answer soon!

Please note:*Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally.* If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping pass, the camping pass will only be valid with the first* one from your group that arrives.* This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual Onsite campers.

If you wish to purchase a CAMPING PASS, then you must purchase it at the same time and in the same order as your FESTIVAL PASS. These items are not available separately. Camping pass options will be available after you select your festival pass. All camping passes are NON TRANSFERABLE. Please keep this in mind when planning your purchase. The person arriving first to get the camping spot must be the one who purchased the spot.
All festival wristbands and camping decals will be shipped at the beginning of March.

PINKLOTUS
01-24-2012, 07:50 AM
That sucks but ill b there to if ya need help with anything I live near by and im camping in the same El dorato spot! Hope it works for ya!

SoBeErica
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I had to keep nagging, but they finally answered my question. Anyone who has 1 of the festival passes (could be 2 or 4 depending on which tent you got) that were purchased with the camping pass can check in with the camping pass. That means, the person who purchased the passes does NOT have to be the one to check in, but you do have to have one of the festival passes that came with the camping pass.

That means, I'll be seeing you all Thursday...only 78 more days!

SDSANDRITTZ
03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
thank you so much for this information ill be camping at el dorado also and this helps alot thanks see you guys there!