PDA

View Full Version : Flying/Camping

racytraines
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Hey guys!

This is our first Coachella trip...been wanting to go for a while but it's really $$ and we haven't gotten to make the trip till now. Super excited!

Anyway, we are flying from NC and car camping for weekend 1. I see all the posts about camping and the many, many supplies people recommend, but how in the heck are we supposed to get all that crap there? I guess my question is, what is the most important things to bring? We will bring tents, towels, a blanket, sunscreen, etc...but what about things like coolers, canopies and chairs? Do we really need the canopy? Should we try to get a cheap one when we get there? Does anyone who camped after flying have any tips? We thought about shipping a big package of supplies in a box, but I think it may be just as cheap to check thing on the plane (maybe not though?).

We land in PSP at 11:30 AM on Thursday and the camping opens at 8AM, so I don't want to waste a lot of time running to stores, but at the same time, there is no way we can pack all we need.

Suggestions??

Thanks!!

Neighborhood Creep
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Hop into this group on FB. Lots of people are willing to help with stuff

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Coachellaadoption2012/

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Your best bet is to order stuff on walmart and do site-to-store, that's what I would do, you don't need a canopy, but i'd say it's more important than a tent because the heat will BLAST you guys. We've talked about this in several other threads but chairs you don't need, a cooler I would highly suggest, with a cooler you're most likely to save on money, so it's worth it.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?51522-Coachella-2012-The-Essential-Guide-To-Car-Camping

Courtney
01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Has anyone tried to fly with a camping stove? I know obviously that you can't fly with propane tanks due to the fact that it's dangerous because they might explode. But I have read that TSA will also confiscate camping stoves if they have any remaining propane residue from previous uses. I would love to hear if other people have had problems with this, or if it is a non-issue.

Inthecolumbiagorge
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Perhaps try to hook up with other campers that are driving in that you can share shade canopy and cook stove and that sort of thing? Should be pretty easy here. You could camp close to us but we are going to try to be there when the gates open on Thursday so that won't work for you but there are many other people on the message board that would probably be able to work close to your schedule. Then you don't have to buy all the stuff that other people are bringing anyway.

Courtney
01-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks Inthecolumbiagorge. One of the guys in my camping group kindly offered to bring a camping stove for me, so problem solved.