PDA

View Full Version : Tips for car decorating?

HoneyBadgerForLife
01-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Who's got some examples of some great decorated cars you've seen in the years past? What kind of paints have you used?

frizzlefry
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Yellow Submarine Van, I'm sure you can google it.

Mr. Porter
01-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Is that you Tyrann Mathieu?

Lithium
01-18-2012, 01:08 PM
best van ever

Courtney
01-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Oh yes. Someone please recommend paints for a rental car that I can use and will wash off easily in a car wash. I don't want the rental car company to end up charging me extra money for cleaning costs.

HoneyBadgerForLife
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Oh yes. Someone please recommend paints for a rental car that I can use and will wash off easily in a car wash. I don't want the rental car company to end up charging me extra money for cleaning costs.

I've never decorated my car for anything before, so any tips are definitely welcomed. So far from just googling random phrases I've seen suggestions for chalk markers and crayola window markers and some way too expensive washable spray paints...and then some tempera paints mixed with dish soap? They all sound like way too much work...

Does anyone know if shoe polish works/comes off easily?

DJ Sin
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I've never decorated my car for anything before, so any tips are definitely welcomed. So far from just googling random phrases I've seen suggestions for chalk markers and crayola window markers and some way too expensive washable spray paints...and then some tempera paints mixed with dish soap? They all sound like way too much work...

Does anyone know if shoe polish works/comes off easily?

We used shoe polish for our car decorating in 2010. We still have some white flecks on our windshield because we caked it on. No regrets though :)

Robin
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Recommendations would be great!
We used the window markers from WalMart last year. It was a bitch to take off.
Let's just say that I sold my car with some paint left on it.
And that was after 3-4 washes at a hand car wash place.

Mugwog
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Turpentine is great for customizing your looks

jimmycrackcorn
01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Recommendations would be great!
We used the window markers from WalMart last year. It was a bitch to take off.
Let's just say that I sold my car with some paint left on it.
And that was after 3-4 washes at a hand car wash place.

I've been decorating my windows for several years now with the chalk markers from walmart and the first few years I would scrape the writing off after coachella which was very time consuming and messy... Now I know better because that stuff comes off super easy with windex and some paper towels!!! I've seen other peoples cars decorated with some sort of fine tip markers that allow for much greater detailed art but I don't know what they are or where to get them
-shrugs-

indieluvv
01-19-2012, 07:40 AM
We're probably just going to window marker our car.

alyssaf12
01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I've never had trouble getting the window car paint marker things from wal mart off of my car. I've only ever put it on the windows though.