PDA

View Full Version : 2012 car camping, if you need a spot, or have one to share post it here!!!!

damntman1
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
HEEEEEEEEYYYYY Coachella goers! I know I am psyched for my fourth go around at the big C and I can't wait for April. I won tickets to my first Coachella back in 2005. To say that it was an unforgettable experience, would not do it justice in and of itself. I met people that I will have as friends the rest of my life. Back then, they paired us up randomly into camping spots to save room. One of the guys I ended up getting paired with, Nick, offered me a place to live at his house in Denver. So I packed up and moved from Boston to Denver. Best decision I ever made. I paid for my friend Nick and Chase to go to the show with me in 2010, and we met other friends who will be joining me this year at the event as well. I have an extra car camping spot for weekend two, which I am hoping to share with people who want to have another amazing Coachella experience. There are so many acts I am looking forward to this year, most especially, Seun Kuti and the egypt 80 (son of legendary musician Fela Kuti), Kaskade, Radiohead, we were promised jetpacks, snoop and dre, pulp, fucking everyone. My friends are all ages. I just turned 30. I love yoga and can't wait to be able to practice it in the hot california sun and that lush grass of the polo fields. I am flying in Wed before the show, and I am hoping someone can pick me up, or I will rent a car and cruise around LA for a while, and hit the beach before I head off to the show. I hope I can find more people to share in the adventure, any takers? hit me up with a pm
peace
Kurt

sat nam

sheedw
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
So my girlfriend and I are debating whether to fly from texas or drive... the dilemma here is that we have a car parking pass but if we fly we won't have a car. Flying is only an appealing option because of time restrains regarding our schedules.. Any suggestions? We bought it so that we may have a place to camp out..

abuxton
01-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Hey! My friend and i are flying from Australia to LA. We will help you pay for the car rental and camping spot. Sounds like fun!!

hereslookingatyoukid
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey! I'm flying over for weekend 2 and in desperate hope of finding some nice people who will let me camp with them. If you can help give me a shout or something. Thanks! :)

SpanishSahara
01-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Hello fellow Coachella goers! I'll be attending Weekend 2 this year since my work schedule won't allow me to go weekend 1 when my friends are going so I'm looking to camp with other people. I have a car camping pass and looking to be at the camping ground sometime on Thursday. I haven't booked my flight but I'll definitely be flying in on the 19th. I'm very laid back guy and looking forward to seeing some of the following bands this year: Pulp, Radiohead, Godspeed, Flying Lotus, Madness and etc! I've met some great people the past few years so hopefully it'll be a memorable experience again. Please PM or reply below if you're interested in camping with me. Thanks!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-24-2012, 10:04 AM
So my girlfriend and I are debating whether to fly from texas or drive... the dilemma here is that we have a car parking pass but if we fly we won't have a car. Flying is only an appealing option because of time restrains regarding our schedules.. Any suggestions? We bought it so that we may have a place to camp out..

Take everything into consideration, driving takes more time and costs money for car maintenance, taking more time off work, but you'll be better prepared. If you fly you'll have to rent a car (unless you're flying into palm springs, which might be more expensive than other airports and you'd still have to pay for shuttles/taxis/whatever) then you'd have to pay for plane tickets and a hotel or some kind of place to stay or if you rent a car you'd stay at the car camping spot but not have as much stuff as you could bring if you were driving.

hooniehoo
01-24-2012, 10:00 PM
hey! I'm also flying out to LA from Texas to meet my friend there. Then we'll drive to coachella. Let me know if you want to carpool there b/c we do not have a car parking pass so it might work perfectly!

SpanishSahara
01-29-2012, 11:39 AM
hey! I'm also flying out to LA from Texas to meet my friend there. Then we'll drive to coachella. Let me know if you want to carpool there b/c we do not have a car parking pass so it might work perfectly!

Hello there! I just saw this. PM me if you're still looking. This might work out. Thanks!