PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Newbie in need of some advice!

JamesLochrie
01-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi guys,

Myself and a couple of girls are heading over from Oz for Coachella and need some assistance on one or two things. If anyone an give me any assistance I'll find you on the day and buy you a beer. That's a promise.

Firstly, We've only got Gen Admission which I understand is cool cos there'll be some kind soul that will let us camp with them. I'm happy to send a few dollars/beers/unmentionables their way in return. What I do need to know is whether our plan is the best bet or should we look at something else.

* Fly into LAX and stay in a hotel in downtown LA on the Wednesday.
* Greyhound it on the Thursday morning to Indio
* Set up camp and kill myself for four days on the spin
* Greyhound it back on the Monday afternoon and Fly back to Oz that evening.

Any info you can provide on getting alcohol into the venue etc would be magic. Also, any tips from those of you that have been there and done it would be perfect.

I know it seems f*cking mental to fly 14 hours for a glorified long weekend, but the line up it too good to miss (Noel Gallagher, Kasabian, Arctics, Pulp, Radiohead, David Guetta, Kaisers and Swedish House Mafia are a few of the acts I'm there for). What I suppose I need to make sure is that I'm not wasting any time whilst I'm there and that I've got all bases covered so to speak.

So please people, make this 3 and a half grand investment worth it for me - I hear that is part of the "Coachella Spirit" and I'd be massively thankful for any info you can give me

Much Love x

captncrzy
01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
You might be able to avoid the Greyhound thing and carpool in with someone else out of LAX. I'd make a post in the carpool section.

lostsoul86
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi guys,

Myself and a couple of girls are heading over from Oz for Coachella and need some assistance on one or two things. If anyone an give me any assistance I'll find you on the day and buy you a beer. That's a promise.

Firstly, We've only got Gen Admission which I understand is cool cos there'll be some kind soul that will let us camp with them. I'm happy to send a few dollars/beers/unmentionables their way in return. What I do need to know is whether our plan is the best bet or should we look at something else.

* Fly into LAX and stay in a hotel in downtown LA on the Wednesday.
* Greyhound it on the Thursday morning to Indio
* Set up camp and kill myself for four days on the spin
* Greyhound it back on the Monday afternoon and Fly back to Oz that evening.

Any info you can provide on getting alcohol into the venue etc would be magic. Also, any tips from those of you that have been there and done it would be perfect.

I know it seems f*cking mental to fly 14 hours for a glorified long weekend, but the line up it too good to miss (Noel Gallagher, Kasabian, Arctics, Pulp, Radiohead, David Guetta, Kaisers and Swedish House Mafia are a few of the acts I'm there for). What I suppose I need to make sure is that I'm not wasting any time whilst I'm there and that I've got all bases covered so to speak.

So please people, make this 3 and a half grand investment worth it for me - I hear that is part of the "Coachella Spirit" and I'd be massively thankful for any info you can give me

Much Love x

spending 14 hours to fly to coachella is NOT MENTAL! you are properly investing your time for what will be the best weekend of the year for you! but ya you might wanna just skip getting a hotel in downtown los angeles why ? because downtown los angeles IS HORRIBLE its full of bums i wouldnt recomend it just try to find a hotel closer to the camp grounds for that one night and then carpool or i would say find someone you could carpool with as soon as you get into LAX .

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-15-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?7-Carpools go post in there to find a Carpool and save the money, as for camping, ask around and see what you can do, you'll find people have an open spot of land to where you can camp on.