PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 1 by myself. ADOPT ME! Be my friend!

mnolan
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
So, I bought my weekend 1 ticket + car camping pass during the summer. And, like a bunch of people, my friends weren't able to get tickets this year. That means, for my first coachella, I'm going to be by myself. :(

Does anyone want to adopt me, a 22 year old female from San Diego, and be my friend for the weekend? :D

Robin
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Tell me about yourself...

Newro7ic
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I may be there by myself this year, too. I wouldn't worry about it much. You'll meet people and have a great time. Maybe I'll let you buy me a beer or something.

Geno_g
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Wait for it....

MisEsstaa
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Camping loves everyone...you won't have any trouble making friends! You will meet the greatest people and make friends for life!

Robin
01-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Wait for it....

I've been holding myself back.

mnolan
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm not really sure quite what to say, I guess. Um, do you want me to describe my appearance, or my interests...?

Das Disco
01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm not really sure quite what to say, I guess. Um, do you want me to describe my appearance, or my interests...?

Are you looking for a friend or a date?

My suggestion to you is not to worry. Infact, now you dont have to worry about doing what the group wants to do. You can enjoy the festival as you see fit and along the way i am sure you will meet some new people.

noolan
01-13-2012, 04:00 PM

A bunch of people are going to try to fuck with you since your new to the boards.

Inthecolumbiagorge
01-13-2012, 04:27 PM
There will be sooooo many people with no camping spot posting here in the next few months. Since you have a camping spot you can pick and choose who you want to camp with you:-) You will be very popular!!!

vdubshani
01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Last year I didn't have a campsite and my car died the week before chella...I found my camp and a ride here on the boards...had a great time and am now camping with a couple of them again...same thing with bonnaroo, went byself and found a group here who welcomed me into their campsite for the whole weekend! Neighborhood creep hooked it up for us solo campers in tennessee! You'll be fine and have a lot of fun making friends...just look around the boards once it get a lil closer, your new friends are probably right here...

Ride a Tire!
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm alone this year, too. Can you describe your interests, physical characteristics, post a pic, and tell me how big of a tent you have for camping?

Neighborhood Creep
01-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Do you have a car? You can camp with us if I can park whatever vehicle I have in your spot. You'll have tons of room for yourself and will be surrounded by good folks and narcotics

heart cooks brain
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
how many cars you rollin with?

wstsidela
01-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Wait for it....

You gonna get graped?

dirtyjoel
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
We have a crew of about 15 mixed guys and girls on 4 spot coming from Canada. If you're in a pinch we are friendly. Have 35x10 worth of canopies and could easily crash of need be. Just can't be a roach or steal shit :)

HoneyBadgerForLife
01-13-2012, 09:07 PM
It's like college and your first week in the dorms...you "leave your door open" and you say hello to everyone passing by. You'll make friends while setting up the very first night no worries. I would just start telling yourself to be glad you don't need to deal with another person in your tent. :p.

dontpanic
01-14-2012, 10:12 AM
You really wont have any problem making friends.

If anything, my gf and I will be driving down from SF to camp, and you are totally welcome to camp next to us. This will be our third Coachella and are always up for meeting new people!

cbarry1
01-14-2012, 04:48 PM
hey. 25 year old flying in from jersey. Second year at coachella but I am going solo. Bought a ticket during presale. My friends didn't get tickets

baily
01-14-2012, 05:25 PM
do you have big breast? If yes - I'll be your friend...If no....I'll be your friend

Rollin solo at the festival is AWESOME!!! You'll meet a ton of NEW friends and you have NOBODY to stop you from going to see the shows you want to see.

The years I went solo were A+ AWESOME! I now roll with my brother who's addicted to the festival.

gaypalmsprings
01-14-2012, 05:40 PM
http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/u_gonna_get_raped_trollcat.jpg

captncrzy
01-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I can offer you protection in exchange for beer if you are not annoying.

ccdancer
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Come to my profile:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=19911327

so i can add you to this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Coachellaadoption2012/?notif_t=group_activity

Trust me.

CitizenJ
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Camping loves everyone...you won't have any trouble making friends! You will meet the greatest people and make friends for life!

Camping loves everyone, and hates sleeping. I need my sleep people having a mini-rave next to my tent!

CitizenJ
01-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Come to my profile:

Helllooo...

Hausofkimber
01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 20, female, coming from LA. I'm not sure about camping though, I did it last year it wasn't the best experience but I'm sure if I had a cooler group it would definitely be worth it! If you want check out my facebook profile, or write me a message on here if you'd be interested in working something out!

http://www.facebook.com/KimberDeanda

Cameron Frye
01-16-2012, 07:37 PM
cool FB banner. japan?

carolinesgood
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
cchella campings always been user friendly. once you meet & get to know your neighbors - all is usually swell. i never have had time to keep up with the boards for planning too much and it kinda made me nervous. still it is what you make it and no one can really know for sure how crazy or noisy ur neighbors/camping are going to be so if you need to sleep, get used to earplugs or other performance meds/assistance. i camped alone 5 times in the early days, but these latest 3 have/will been/be with friends and/or family. toughest times were probably those with poor porta service & without the ins & outs; nicest are to be able to cook (: i am sure i've bugged a few cause i get up with the sun and love my own ho'made breakfasts!

lalalollipop
01-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Hey I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 20, female, coming from LA. I'm not sure about camping though, I did it last year it wasn't the best experience but I'm sure if I had a cooler group it would definitely be worth it! If you want check out my facebook profile, or write me a message on here if you'd be interested in working something out!

http://www.facebook.com/KimberDeanda

Come visit our tent. Last year, we baked cookies in our camp oven every morning. And cinnamon rolls, and goddamn pancakes. All are welcome. Follow the scent of freshly baked goods and bring the party.

mnolan
01-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Come to my profile:

so i can add you to this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Coachellaadoption2012/?notif_t=group_activity

Trust me.

Someone beat you to it! I'm in the group and everything. Seems pretty sweet, actually. Did you go last year? Was it fun?

mnolan
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Come visit our tent. Last year, we baked cookies in our camp oven every morning. And cinnamon rolls, and goddamn pancakes. All are welcome. Follow the scent of freshly baked goods and bring the party.

...I mean...who can say no to that?

Zippy024
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
I've gone to Coachella by myself for years. I even drove to Bonnaroo from Philly alone and the instant I was at the camp, made friends with my neighbors. Its too easy to make new friends and trust me, its much better to go by yourself and not have to worry about when the whole groups wants to go to the festival or when they want to eat or what band to see or when they want to leave...

Have a great time!

adripants
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm in the same shitty boat as you! This is my first Coachella, and I bought my weekend 1 tickets last summer when the payment plan went on sale, and all of my friends flaked and/or weekend 1 sold out too fast.

A little about me- I'm 23, from Ventura, vegetarian, likes beer, married, and just looking for someone to tag along with for the weekend so I don't feel like a complete loner. I'm cool camping by myself, or next to someone who is in the same predicament as me, but it would be really nice to have someone to walk around the festival with, or at least meet up with for drinks or food or whatever.

If you're interested in connecting, just send me a personal message or something, I don't really want all these lurkers having my facebook link or trying to fuck with me hahaha

ReveurConstant
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
This will be my first Coachella, and I am going alone as well. I will be flying in from Boston. I'm hoping to meet some new friends, and friendly people to camp near. I also have a car camping pass.

carlitosway
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
HI, anything you need let me know. I remenber my first coachella went solo and meet up some cool people at the tent camping 4 years ago, this year is my friend and I car camping and we might have another group meeting up with us with 2 more car camping to have plenty of room. I am 30 from lax area, so if you need to know anything just ask :)