PDA

View Full Version : Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

kroqken
01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Kasabian always do a great job live. they are so damn LOUD though, so wear ear plugs for them! Looking forward to hearing new material from them.

KickerConspiracy
01-13-2012, 08:13 AM
This is the one poster placement that is the most puzzling to me. It seems like these guys headline festivals in the UK. How is Noel fucking Gallagher on the second line with these guys buried in super small type. Not to hate on Oasis, but the talent in that band is all in Beady Eye.

heart cooks brain
01-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Oasis in American >>>>>> Kasabian in America.

CitizenJ
01-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Yes, and Coachella caters to artists of the past, despite what state they are in now. Which is also why I didn't get all the people complaining when MUSE headlined, as they had been headlining HUGE festivals overseas for years. Either way, I've been a fan of Kasbian for years and never seen them live. I'm stoked to see them, and really hope they don't crash them into a Schedule conflict with Andrew Bird, St. Vincent, or Destroyer. Also, hopefully they don't stick them on a mainstage during the day. Always the worst.

http://youtu.be/2SQNNLe6WPA

foaminjectedaxlrose
01-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Glad to know I wasn't the only one confused by this. They headlined this festival in Scotland over Jay Z, and are fifth line at Coachella? I was also surprised by how low the Kaiser Chiefs were. Still should be an epic show if they get a nice later timeslot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuibVmp_qo4

citizenerased
01-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm pumped! I'd love to see them at night on any of the Main/Outdoor/Mojave.

CitizenJ
01-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Yea, Kaiser Chiefs also. Between the Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Radiohead, The Vaccines, It's a good day for sort of post-brit-pop music.

KickerConspiracy
01-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Yea, Kaiser Chiefs also. Between the Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Radiohead, The Vaccines, It's a good day for sort of post-brit-pop music.

Saturday is going to be a conflict clusterfuck. Kind of like last year when they put all the britpoppy bands on one day and then had a eliza doolittle v. plan b v. twin shadow conflict in the opening slot. that sucked.

The Kaiser Chiefs billing so far down on the poster is a weird one too. In 2007, they were on the third line (I think based on only their first record). Now they have 4 really good records (ok, that one with Ruby on it kind of sucked, but the first one and the most recent two are great), and they are buried in the small font.

Really looking forward to Kasabian and the Vaccines because they are two bands I've never seen.

sacleonard
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
This is the one poster placement that is the most puzzling to me. It seems like these guys headline festivals in the UK. How is Noel fucking Gallagher on the second line with these guys buried in super small type. Not to hate on Oasis, but the talent in that band is all in Beady Eye.

I was also surprised at their placement, but just glad to see them back. They're overdue and killed it in 2005.

kroqken
01-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Kasabian have been active all these years. They keep puting out great songs every couple of years.

ManInTheBowlerHat
01-13-2012, 07:59 PM
They'll be a blast live. I saw them open for Oasis back in 2005 and they were awesome. I'm glad they're getting some overdue recognition stateside.

CrimesceneCookie
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I still only like that first album, but I'll probably be at this set.

ManInTheBowlerHat
01-13-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JcokdDs1dQ&ob=av2e

agenthal
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Can't freaking wait for them. Saw them play two nights at the O2 Arena in London back in December and they rocked. #getloosegetloose

Just watch this whole set :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-P8Y0sxYg

manalive!
01-14-2012, 05:35 AM
ridiculously low billing for these guys. are they not very popular in america??? they are about to tour australia for the big day out as the 3rd headliner after kanye and soundgarden.

ManInTheBowlerHat
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
ridiculously low billing for these guys. are they not very popular in america??? they are about to tour australia for the big day out as the 3rd headliner after kanye and soundgarden.

Yeah, they're still relatively unknown in the United States. Their debut album garnered some airplay when "Club Foot" was released and they played quite a few a shows with Oasis and JET. Since then, their marketing in America has been pretty slim.

Dede' Arneaux
01-14-2012, 08:49 AM
I sold my tickets to see them in Glasgow in December when it seemed likely they would be in the desert in April.
Who cares where they are on the poster, I'm hoping for an early evening Mojave slot - it'll be bouncing :thu

abbeyroad 04
01-14-2012, 08:51 AM
I was also surprised at their placement, but just glad to see them back. They're overdue and killed it in 2005.

Amen to that. I just hope they play outside when it is dark.

That is all.

kroqken
01-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Amen to that. I just hope they play outside when it is dark.

That is all.

Kasabian would not workin well in the light, just like vampies not named Edward.

Alchemy
01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Kasabian's 2005 Coachella performance is still one of my most favorite Coachella performances. Hell, one of my most favorite performances of all things.

AViewFromMisShapes
03-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Saturday is going to be a conflict clusterfuck. Kind of like last year when they put all the britpoppy bands on one day and then had a eliza doolittle v. plan b v. twin shadow conflict in the opening slot. that sucked.

The Kaiser Chiefs billing so far down on the poster is a weird one too. In 2007, they were on the third line (I think based on only their first record). Now they have 4 really good records (ok, that one with Ruby on it kind of sucked, but the first one and the most recent two are great), and they are buried in the small font.

Really looking forward to Kasabian and the Vaccines because they are two bands I've never seen.

I saw the Vaccines last year opening for Arctic Monkeys. All I have to say is if the singer warms up his vocals before he gets on stage, they'd sound a lot better.

I am American and I don't know more than 2 people who have heard of Kasabian. Love them to death myself. I agree that Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian are mistakenly low billed on the saturday list. I hope there won't be a stampede.

Nealocus
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I am American and I don't know more than 2 people who have heard of Kasabian. Love them to death myself. I agree that Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian are mistakenly low billed on the saturday list. I hope there won't be a stampede.

It's a shame. I'm the same way though, 90% of my friends have no idea who they are. On the other hand they're by far one of my most anticipated acts...as well as the Kaiser Chiefs.

bremex
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Kasabian might have a little Noel appearance somewhere in their set and vice versa. What I'm intrigued is how Noel and Kasabian are going to treat the Kaiser Chiefs. I mean they hate each other big time, and there are no bigger cunts than northeners.

Noel talking about Kaisert Chiefs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFVIeVGMEE

Goddammit I don't know how to post videos. Forever alone :(

theklein25
03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Click on the piece of film icon and insert the link in the bar that opens up

shotglass75
03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFVIeVGMEE

Vlad the Impaler
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
My username is relevant to this thread. Here's a crowd perspective video which isn't overly shaky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4rbHUAEHZo

citizenerased
03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
that asshole Gallagher better not make a Kasabian appearance.

Nealocus
03-11-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wwP_IKvVkQ

Mother of God.

theklein25
03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
So how much better will the Coachella show be then the LA show a few nights after? Should I just do both?

AViewFromMisShapes
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm going to try to do both. Just think, the next time you see Kasabian, they won't be in a dinky little place like the Fonda. You want to be surrounded by people who love them, not people who happen to be standing there because the stage is casting a nice shade.

shotglass75
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Headlining Reading and Leeds

http://midnightmixtape.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ReadingFestival2012-Leak-3.jpg

fibes
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
yea it baffles me how unpopular this band is here in America and how low they are on the poster...

of course as i say this they are like 10th on my Saturday must see list.. : /

KickerConspiracy
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow. Sunday at Reading is really ass. Kasabian and the Vaccines are my top 'must-see' Saturday bands. If they conflict, someones going to get cut.

theklein25
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
If this was in the USA, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Can't really afford to fly over seas and all that. This is the best lineup I've seen all year

heart cooks brain
03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
If this was in the USA, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Can't really afford to fly over seas and all that. This is the best lineup I've seen all year

every time i click 'view post' i fucking regret it.

theklein25
03-12-2012, 01:45 PM
every time i click 'view post' i fucking regret it.

That's unfortunate

ods..
03-12-2012, 01:55 PM

You've solidified yourself as the biggest fucking moron on the boards with this post. Unbelievable.

theklein25
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
You've solidified yourself as the biggest fucking moron on the boards with this post. Unbelievable.

Why? The only thing that has impressed me more is Coachella I must say. This is pretty close, they just needed Radiohead to go over the top

theklein25
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
And as usual when im right nobody says anything. Notch that up as another w.

heart cooks brain
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/53pd8g.jpg

ods..
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
And as usual when im right nobody says anything. Notch that up as another w.

You realize that Lostprophets and All American Rejects grace this lineup... don't you?

edit: If you truly think this lineup is better than Sasquatch, Bestival, Primavera, Sonar, etc, you deserve to be shot.

theklein25
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh no All American Rejects are playing... does it matter? Face it you're backed into a wall with no real excuses

ods..
03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Face it, you have the absolute worst music taste on the board. Die in the Red Hot Chili Peppers secret show. Secretly.

theklein25
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes I agree with you 100% that I have the worst taste because I like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighers, Black Keys, Kasabian, Coldplay, Soundgarden, plus many more. Can't argue with you there

ods..
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
You make me want to stab my face with a dull fork. Much like Coldplay.

Sushov23
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Can we make this thread about Kasabian again? Kasabian are my number 2(behind Radiohead of course) for the day. Kasabian kiss ass, and it sucks that they are more popular here. When you really think about it they are kinda a "rare" act seeing how they haven't toured the US since 05-06.

CitizenJ
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Kasabian were in my top 3 of Saturday with Andrew bird and Radiohead, but since Kasabian announced a show in Los Angeles on the Wednesday after the event, I am going to try and lock tickets up to that, pass on them at chella, and go see someone else I want to see playing a night slot, like a bon Iver, Shins, Jeff Magnum, St. Vincent, Feist, or who knows who else who will likely conflict with them.

Cameron B
03-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Saw the Vaccines live at Outside lands..weird time slot..like Noon on Saturday. Crowd was small and barely arriving and I was able to walk to close to front of stage..They rocked it hard..really looking forward to seeing them again. Highly recommend.

Sigur Ros Stache
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Just got home from seeing Kasabian in Atlanta. Venue capcacity of 1000 that had maybe 700 people tops. FUCKING AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!! One of those shows you leave and you're thankful you were there! JUST FUCKING WOW!

Moonraker
03-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Can we make this thread about Kasabian again? Kasabian are my number 2(behind Radiohead of course) for the day. Kasabian kiss ass, and it sucks that they are more popular here. When you really think about it they are kinda a "rare" act seeing how they haven't toured the US since 05-06.

Very much so. I saw them 3 times in 05 and its been nearly a seven year wait for them to come back to the states. I got a ticket for them in SF the day after Coachella cuz who knows when they will come back around again.

erselone
03-18-2012, 12:22 AM
http://youtu.be/5-amy6ai3Fw
I remember this....Glasto 2009 was the shit. Kasabian ruled while Blur conquered!!!! Can't wait for this set!!!!!!

apachedino
03-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Interesting seeing the placements of Miike Snow and Kasabian in Reading/Leeds vs Coachella.

Madhedmank
03-21-2012, 03:16 PM

With a statement like that I'd say you listened to Oasis as much as you have Noel's new record. He absolutely pisses on that beady eye nackers one hit roller. Liam was a top front man but without the lyrics and songmanship of his brother he aint shit !

sacleonard
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Very much so. I saw them 3 times in 05 and its been nearly a seven year wait for them to come back to the states. I got a ticket for them in SF the day after Coachella cuz who knows when they will come back around again.

Saw them twice in 2005. They are near the top of my must-see list too.

flowbee
03-23-2012, 10:51 PM
SXSW

Days Are Forgotten
Velociraptor!
Underdog
Re‐Wired
Club Foot
Stuntman
Switchblade Smiles
Vlad the Impaler
Fire

Rooting for Lost Souls Forever and Man of Simple Pleasures to make their Coachella set

And someone had to post this at some point right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHzcPFplvCM

cooperb1
03-23-2012, 11:02 PM
i cant wait to see them pending conflicts

KickerConspiracy
03-24-2012, 11:28 AM
With a statement like that I'd say you listened to Oasis as much as you have Noel's new record. He absolutely pisses on that beady eye nackers one hit roller. Liam was a top front man but without the lyrics and songmanship of his brother he aint shit !

I definitely prefer the Beady Eye record. I've given the Noel record a fair shot - I'm trying to like it. I was a big Oasis fan. Kasabian should still be bigger than both bands here in the States. They're amazing.

KickerConspiracy
03-24-2012, 11:30 AM
SXSW

Days Are Forgotten
Velociraptor!
Underdog
Re‐Wired
Club Foot
Stuntman
Switchblade Smiles
Vlad the Impaler
Fire

No Where Did The Love Go? Reason is Treason? Shoot The Runner? (sad face)

theklein25
03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't expect to hear Reason is Treason, they've yet to play it in any show in 2012

JamesLochrie
03-26-2012, 05:15 AM
If u haven't seen them for a few years you're in for a treat. Seen them about 5 times over the past three or so years and their set list is practically flawless. Singalongs, anthems, couple of chill outs....these boys keep getting better. Doesn't seem to matter whether there playing to 70 or 70,000, it's like it's the last gig they'll ever play.

Needless to say, I'll be up at the front. Sweating.

concertgoer
03-26-2012, 05:43 AM
They didn't play Empire when I saw them last week so I am hoping that we get that at Coachella

AViewFromMisShapes
03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
They didn't play Empire when I saw them last week so I am hoping that we get that at Coachella

They played it last week in New York. Keep faith.

grichsgang
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
No Where Did The Love Go? Reason is Treason? Shoot The Runner? (sad face)

Where Did the Love Go is their best song, imo. Bummer if they cut it out of their festival set lists. They have been playing it in full tour stops, though.

threeve
03-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Went to a Kasabian show last week thinking that I could get my fill and then skip their set if there was a conflict. I ended up having an amazing time and this is now a can't-miss set for me. The energy was really impressive and they really brought the arena-style vibe to a very small venue. Their new stuff sounds great live. I'm still dumbfounded that they aren't more well-known in the States. I'm hoping for an after-dark but not too late Mojave or maybe Outdoor set. I'm not sure they are big enough for main stage but putting them anywhere while it's still light out would be a travesty.

amyzzz
03-26-2012, 04:58 PM
If they are on at night I won't get to see them. I'm going for a day set.

concertgoer
03-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Went to a Kasabian show last week thinking that I could get my fill and then skip their set if there was a conflict. I ended up having an amazing time and this is now a can't-miss set for me. The energy was really impressive and they really brought the arena-style vibe to a very small venue. Their new stuff sounds great live. I'm still dumbfounded that they aren't more well-known in the States. I'm hoping for an after-dark but not too late Mojave or maybe Outdoor set. I'm not sure they are big enough for main stage but putting them anywhere while it's still light out would be a travesty.

Yeah I was thinking afternoon set on the main stage, but after seeing them last week I think they really need to be playing at night which would mean the mojave.

weebobby123
03-28-2012, 03:23 AM
http://youtu.be/5-amy6ai3Fw
I remember this....Glasto 2009 was the shit. Kasabian ruled while Blur conquered!!!! Can't wait for this set!!!!!!

i was at that gig. brilliant . stupidly saw prodigy instead of blur tho on the sunday.doh.
kasabian will be brilliant , being british its going to be good to see so many bands like kasabian that would be top of the bill at the uk festivals

sacleonard
04-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Wait. You're British? Brilliant!

Dede' Arneaux
04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
i was at that gig. brilliant . stupidly saw prodigy instead of blur tho on the sunday.doh.
kasabian will be brilliant , being british its going to be good to see so many bands like kasabian that would be top of the bill at the uk festivals

Wait. You're British? Brilliant!

A British Invasion right enough :thu

Where are you from guys?

Coac-HELLA
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Kasabian will be starting at 8:45pm in the Mojave tent.

Check it out!
http://www.facebook.com/kasabian

citizenerased
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
the conflicts!

That tent's going to be crazy though.

threeve
04-05-2012, 04:02 AM

Sweeeeet!

the conflicts!

I don't even want to think about Saturday's schedule until Saturday morning. Too painful.

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 05:58 AM
I don't see any coachella reference on their facebook page.

lt.roast.a.botch
04-05-2012, 06:09 AM
it's on their cover picture

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555214_10150655456942045_13737917044_9513757_69910 9077_n.jpg

amyzzz
04-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Ah. It doesn't show up on my phone version of Facebook.

shotglass75
04-05-2012, 07:58 AM
stupidly saw prodigy instead of blur tho on the sunday.doh.

Could be one of the most blasphemous things I have ever read on these boards.

Coac-HELLA
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Could be one of the most blasphemous things I have ever read on these boards.

I agree. The Prodigy set in the Sahara was legendary.

travelfan
04-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Although I'm at that point in the year where I'm trying not to find new bands because the conflicts are going to be rough enough as it is, I'm getting really sucked in by these guys. Their live videos are excellent. Best album to start with?

theklein25
04-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Although I'm at that point in the year where I'm trying not to find new bands because the conflicts are going to be rough enough as it is, I'm getting really sucked in by these guys. Their live videos are excellent. Best album to start with?

Start with the self-title because it gives you a sense of their progression. Empire has a few good songs, but West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Assylum and Velocirapter are the songs they'll be playing the most songs from and they're both really fun

citizenerased
04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
All 4 albums have their share of jams that make up their hits/setlist. So yeah I'd just go in order.

Dede' Arneaux
04-08-2012, 03:06 PM

Check it out!
http://www.facebook.com/kasabian

It'll be rammed

KickerConspiracy
04-08-2012, 04:40 PM
West Pauper Lunatic Asylum > Kasabian > Velociraptor > Empire

sacleonard
04-08-2012, 06:55 PM
West Pauper Lunatic Asylum > Kasabian > Velociraptor > Empire

I agree with this.

BobCaygeon
04-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Spoiler, but for those wondering whether they should check Kasabian out I think this shows how much fun it can be to be in the crowd.

They were in good form last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyRCXAMIX7g

Unfortunately the lights gave the iPhone autofocus all kinds of problems...

Twattycakes
04-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Missed their show in E-town because i didn't know who the hell they were. From the sounds of things, they kind of kick ass live. Won't be missing their set!

theklein25
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_c6Oejv9A

Coac-HELLA
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Spoiler, but for those wondering whether they should check Kasabian out I think this shows how much fun it can be to be in the crowd.

They were in good form last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyRCXAMIX7g

Unfortunately the lights gave the iPhone autofocus all kinds of problems...

Nice one! I really hope they play Empire. And praying for a Guetta and Bon Iver conflict during Kasabian, otherwise it is going to be jam packed in the Mojave tent.

Nealocus
04-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Man, all I want is 'Fire'!

Sigur Ros Stache
04-10-2012, 03:12 AM
Man, all I want is 'Fire'!

I would also, they closed with it and DAMN! AWESOME!

threeve
04-10-2012, 04:26 AM
I would also, they closed with it and DAMN! AWESOME!

Seconded. I think it's a safe bet. I don't usually jump that much at concerts, but that was worth it.

Tongue_Punch
04-10-2012, 06:56 AM
My must see act of the weekend!

musicfan66
04-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Saw them here at the 9:30 Club a few weeks ago, I highly recommend seeing them. Great mix from all of their material and great energy. I have a feeling the Mojave tent is going to be overflowing!

citizenerased
04-18-2012, 12:21 AM
no doubt they did good but I wanna hear about their set.

CrimesceneCookie
04-18-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm a big fan of the first album , not so much the others, so I had low expectations. I thought they smashed it.
LSF and Club Foot were so good, and I liked the newer material live as well.
Is anyone else reminded of the Happy Mondays?

eyestothesky
04-18-2012, 08:18 AM
I walked up to Kasabian right as the lead singer said something the lines of: "this one's for you Noel Gallagher, you fucker". Can anyone explain the reference to me? I'm not very familiar with Kasabian.

TheImportance
04-18-2012, 08:39 AM
I walked up to Kasabian right as the lead singer said something the lines of: "this one's for you Noel Gallagher, you fucker". Can anyone explain the reference to me? I'm not very familiar with Kasabian.

Tom, the singer, and Noel have been friends since Kasabian's debut album. Noel was probably watching side-stage and his favorite tune by them is Club Foot.

travelfan
04-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I only saw Club Foot and Re-Wired due partly to losing my blackout mess of a brother, and partly because I wanted to check out at least half of Feist, but they sounded excellent. They had an excellent crop of Brit-Rock bands this year.

Sigur Ros Stache
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Tom, the singer, and Noel have been friends since Kasabian's debut album. Noel was probably watching side-stage and his favorite tune by them is Club Foot.

Noel was sidestage for most of the set laughing and joking with Tom whenever he would walk to the back of the set. It was funny to watch.

theklein25
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Saw Kasabian on Saturday and Tuesday and I still can't get over how awesome they were

concertgoer
04-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah they killed it on Saturday night

Nealocus
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Seconded. I think it's a safe bet. I don't usually jump that much at concerts, but that was worth it.

Yea man that shit was insane. Me and my girl were right up front and even she was going nuts!

kingz10fan
04-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Saw them saturday and then tuesday in LA as well they destroyed it. SO good live.

eyestothesky
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Got it, thanks!

Foucault
04-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Good stuff... antidote to David Guetta's trash across the lawn...

JustSteve
04-20-2012, 11:50 AM
they def. made the most out of their 10 song set. was texting back and forth with psychic friend about how it can be that they are not a mainstage night time band here in the states, especially considering they headline euro festivals. we surely got an arena level show in the mojave that night from a band at the top of their game.

was so not impressed with coachella merch this year that i ended up buying their shirt instead...and i don't wear band shirts any more.

abbeyroad 04
04-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Best of the weekend. See them for sure.

heart cooks brain
04-20-2012, 08:25 PM
i saw the first 3 songs i think before heading to flylo. it was pretty dope.

ELECtROjan
04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
vHRPWgIrxsA

Epic.

And the entire set in 720p is on YouTube as well

JustSteve
04-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Fuckers better be packing that Mojave right about now, shits about to get insane! One band I am bummed i'm not out there for right now.

ELECtROjan
04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
damn, looks like coachella killed the full set on youtube.

JustSteve
04-22-2012, 08:16 AM
you can download it via torrent, think i got it off of dime.

bremex
04-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Can somebody from week 2 tell me how Kasabian did last night????

Nealocus
04-22-2012, 09:50 PM

Just read this. Made me even more upset about this 2 weekend shit.

Before Kasabian’s extremely loud, but totally killer set, the British rock band threw out hundreds of Kasabian-monikered rainbow-colored glow sticks and throughout the set, made the band hold them up and clap them.

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/04/22/coachella-weekend-2-day-2-recap-azaelia-banks-awolnation-kaiser-chiefs/

I know it's not a HUGE deal, but I'm sure it added a ton of life to the crowd and just wish we weekend 1'ers could have got the same treatment.

santasutt
04-22-2012, 10:07 PM

I thought they were balls-out brilliant.

CrimesceneCookie
04-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Before Kasabian’s extremely loud, but totally killer set, the British rock band threw out hundreds of Kasabian-monikered rainbow-colored glow sticks and throughout the set, made the band hold them up and clap them.

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/04/22/coachella-weekend-2-day-2-recap-azaelia-banks-awolnation-kaiser-chiefs/

I know it's not a HUGE deal, but I'm sure it added a ton of life to the crowd and just wish we weekend 1'ers could have got the same treatment.

My friends got some of these week 1.

zach1
04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Their performance for Weekend 2 was absolutely insane. Crowd was bouncing for the entire set, and by the final song there was a pit about 30 yards wide going on.

AViewFromMisShapes
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah the seizure sticks had a shrink wrap on it that says KasabianLive (like the website). It was hard to rock out with a foam stick in your hand but I got used to it. The crowd was singing along louder than in LA on Tuesday. Tom was quite impressed.

Lynn163
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Everyone had those glow sticks around me at the weekend 1 set. Some girl was passing them out.

shotglass75
05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
http://youtu.be/LxYQ0xqCpsM

"…And then we finished up on the West coast … at Coachella.
California was insane. A week of madness: boozing and laughing, dancing and tearing it up. We tore it up. But most important was the gig, It felt like we had something to prove. Rock and Roll is dangerous when it backs you into a corner, because you become an animal. You want to show people what you can do.. We respect what being in a band is all about creatively and I suppose mentally.

It’s strange with the Coachella festival. Now they have it over two weekends. Which is great if you don’t have a great first weekend, because you can put it right the second weekend. So with that in mind, we absolutely killed the first weekend. It was huge. It surprised us. We had a very similar moment when we played Glastonbury years and years ago and we didn’t know if anyone was going to be out there because of the time we were playing.

It was late at night, half 8, it’s a big American festival, we’re an English band. Did anyone even know we were playing.? If you had a look at the poster, you needed a monocle to see us. So you peep out of the curtain, and you realise that it’s rammed and you can feel there’s something in the air… like they’re baying for it, they want us to play and we absolutely killed it. Came off, had an incredible evening.

But then two days later you go… uh, we’ve got to do that again. It’s not that you don’t want to but it’s like ‘we’ve ticked that, we’ve done that. We destroyed that place. It’s not ready again. ‘

So, we arrived. And it was hot this time, Like, seriously hot. So we spent 8 hours in a motorhome with air conditioning on in our pants (underwear). Walking around, just listening to tunes. But in a lot of ways it did us a favour because it meant that it was like we were caged, so when the door was opened to go and play the gig, we were so excited. You know that feeling you get when you’re trapped in a room for too long. Like kids at school, wild kids, and you lock them away for so long. And they’re all fighting and taking the piss out of each other and you get wound up. It felt like that. And then someone opened the door and said ‘right, you’ve got to do it again’. And by that point, we’d had a few beers so it was like ‘right, lets go and kill it.’ So we attacked it even harder.

And so it did us a favour. Because rather than go ‘we’ve already done this’, we played harder, faster, louder than before and it was even better. And I was surprised when we came off because we were all like ‘well that was actually better’. It was well better. And then after that we carried on partying through the night, which was quite something. "
Sergio x

clleadz
05-07-2012, 07:39 AM

Furthermore, Noel says their debut is his favourite brit-pop album of the last 15 years and then said their set w1 was the best he had ever seen

JoeCthulhu
05-07-2012, 08:52 AM
They were really good weekend 1. For the first third of the set I was struggling with all the posing, but the music carried me through, and I was able to ignore it.

JustSteve
05-07-2012, 09:18 AM
still listening to the bootleg of their weekend 1 set on a daily basis.

JustSteve
05-07-2012, 09:36 AM
sweet, found myself in the video posted above, right side at rail with black bandanna covering my face thanks to the dust.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576724_3531069369203_1646337407_2728020_482257502_ n.jpg

JoeCthulhu
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow. I'm in this picture. Bottom left head in the midst of all the hands faceing left.

sweet, found myself in the video posted above, right side at rail with black bandanna covering my face thanks to the dust.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576724_3531069369203_1646337407_2728020_482257502_ n.jpg

musicfan66
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Glad to hear their performance was so well-received. I figured it would be. Their show at the 9:30 was one of the highlights for me this year. I'm still surprised they weren't on one of the outdoor stages.