PDA

View Full Version : PULP!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

kroqken
01-12-2012, 06:01 PM
As for the 2012 lineup, I am beyond excited about Pulp, one of my top bands of all time. I hope to be in the front row for that. I would love to hear some new material from Cocker and the gang.

Boourns
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
DTXzxEwH43o

Boourns
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
"Can we conquer our phobias?"

Is this a reference to Russell Senior's fear of flying? Does this mean he will actually be there? If not, then who plays violin on "Common People"? At the mainland Europe shows he didn't attend last year, it was usually someone in another band on that fest's lineup.

zircona1
01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Can't wait to sing along to Disco 2000 and Common People

concertgoer
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
My most anticipated set on Friday!

Kid Charlemagne
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I hope to god they play "Party Hard".

Boourns
01-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Can't wait to sing along to Disco 2000 and Common People

Hell yeah! You better, because I hate being the only one trying and having a bunch of indifferent douches thinking I'm the crazy one.

This is how we rolled in Barcelona:
0kkrl88Lgx4

heart cooks brain
01-12-2012, 07:45 PM
can't wait to hear Mis-Shapes.

Boourns
01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I hope to god they play "Party Hard".

They only played this at some of the non-festival gigs, and Oya, which was a headlining set.

This is what they played at one of their subheadlining sets in Australia:
Do You Remember the First Time?
Mis-Shapes
Something Changed
Disco 2000
Sorted For E's & Wizz
I Spy
Babies
Underwear
This Is Hardcore
Sunrise
Bar Italia
Common People

If they are playing under both Blues Hammer and The Three Paulys on the main, I imagine their set could be shorter than that, though, but basically that.

Mis-Shapes wasn't played at Primavera, so I am really excited to hear that one live. Surprised they are playing it at all, especially since it eventually became a nightly staple since Jarvis has expressed distaste for the song in the past.

Sexecutioner
01-12-2012, 10:47 PM
0kkrl88Lgx4

Damn that's an awesome crowd! I hope it's like that at Coachella. Somehow I doubt it though. Either way I can't wait to see these guys!

the goat
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I wanna sleep with common people like you

RSVP below

KidRobot
01-13-2012, 12:50 AM
I've seen that they played "F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E." at a few different festival sets.

I hope to GOD that they play this at Coachella, my favorite song by them and the eruption in the chorus would make me go crazy.

Bumblebee
01-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Is this a one-off US gig like SUEDE?

Any PULP rumours regarding their other 2012 plans?

Fourthisto
01-13-2012, 05:55 AM
I am still in shock that I'm finally going to be able to see them. Let's all meet up in the year two thousand... and twelve.

:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse:pulse

heart cooks brain
01-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Is this a one-off US gig like SUEDE?

Any PULP rumours regarding their other 2012 plans?

two-off

robotronia
01-13-2012, 06:57 AM
worth both weekends

Boourns
01-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I've seen that they played "F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E." at a few different festival sets.

I hope to GOD that they play this at Coachella, my favorite song by them and the eruption in the chorus would make me go crazy.

I hear that. It was glorious at Primavera.

OmTaND5NhpE

I really want them to do "Like a Friend" since that's my favorite and it seems to be one of the most popular ones in America because of Great Expectations and now The Venture Bros. Was really shocked that they did it at Glastonbury, where it sounded rough, but improved when they played it in Australia.

KickerConspiracy
01-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Like a Friend would be fabulous. Excited to see them for the first time since 94. I've still never sorted how they are SO much more popular than Suede. I think it's Pulp more closely mirrors their fan base (similar to Moz/Smiths) in personality. Suede is all confident and bombastic, and probably harder to relate to.

Still, super excited to see them. Highlight of Friday BY FAR.

concertgoer
01-13-2012, 08:28 AM
I will freak the fuck out if they play Like A Friend

summerkid
01-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Like a Friend would be fabulous. Excited to see them for the first time since 94. I've still never sorted how they are SO much more popular than Suede. I think it's Pulp more closely mirrors their fan base (similar to Moz/Smiths) in personality. Suede is all confident and bombastic, and probably harder to relate to.

Still, super excited to see them. Highlight of Friday BY FAR.

I think Pulp is just simply better than Suede and perhaps they are aided by the fact that Jarvis Cocker had some relatively successful solo albums and has toured the States on those solo tours.

KickerConspiracy
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I think Pulp is just simply better than Suede and perhaps they are aided by the fact that Jarvis Cocker had some relatively successful solo albums and has toured the States on those solo tours.

I'd disagree. Pulp will never record a song as great as Animal Nitrate and that's not even Suede's best song. Maybe the solo touring and that Pulp came later when people were more aware of them and peaked later so they had more opportunities to tour. I don't begrudge Pulp and success. They're one of my favorite bands. I guess I'm just frustrated that Suede isn't more popular. :)

guedita
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
You guys. I am now a Pulp fan. I didn't know. I wish I had known.

stinkbutt
01-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Just picked up the 2cd Peel sessions, getting really excited

guedita
01-13-2012, 11:06 AM
stink - you're going this year? Can you please bring some of the beer you brought to Roo for me?

SoulDischarge
01-13-2012, 11:30 AM
If I go, this set will be the number one driving factor. Look at all that Different Class material on the setlist above. I couldn't stand to see a Pulp set that didn't include Mis-Shapes, Sorted For E's & Whizz, Common People, Bar Italia, Underwear. This Is Hardcore is wonderful too.

guedita
01-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Patrick. Please come. I can't wait til May.

Ross1492
01-13-2012, 11:32 AM
This is going to be so much FUN.

SoulDischarge
01-13-2012, 11:33 AM
"If fashion is your trade, then when you're naked, I guess you must be unemployed." Top ten all time lyric.

Boourns
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
"If fashion is your trade, then when you're naked, I guess you must be unemployed." Top ten all time lyric.

Yep.

"I will take you from this sickness,
dinner parties and champagne,
I'll hold your body and make it sing again."

Boourns
01-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Damn that's an awesome crowd! I hope it's like that at Coachella. Somehow I doubt it though. Either way I can't wait to see these guys!

The only other crowd I've ever seen that was like that was for Blur.

We need to meet up and form a group so at least our area will be bumping for their set.

tigermilkboy
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Will there be more than 100 board members there??

Either way I am there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Closing the Outdoor with their own headlining set will be a must.

brotherbear
01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Would love to hear Lipgloss, not a chance though.

Boourns
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Closing the Outdoor with their own headlining set will be a must.

Absolutely. Much better than seeing them as an opener on that main stage brodeo, but I doubt it.

KickerConspiracy
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing Sunset at Outdoor. Maybe up against Refused or Arctic Monkeys on the main. Would be great if they were up against the Black Keys, because then no Monkeys/Pulp conflict.

As far as a favorite Pulp lyric "I am not Jesus, but I have the same initials." That song also has the gem "I'd like to make your water wine, but that's impossible".

kroqken
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Why would the crowd at Coachella not be awesome? I am sure Milla Kunis will be at the Pulp show.

concertgoer
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
As much as I would love an outdoor set I think they will be on the main stage before The Keys

pachucasunrise
01-13-2012, 06:09 PM
My guess is AM -> Pulp -> Black Keys on the main, with Mazzy Star and Refused on the outdoor. Hopefully Mazzy Star and Pulp don't conflict... :[

concertgoer
01-13-2012, 06:15 PM
My guess is AM -> Pulp -> Black Keys on the main, with Mazzy Star and Refused on the outdoor. Hopefully Mazzy Star and Pulp don't conflict... :[

Yep I think it will go AM> Pulp> Black Keys>SHM on the main with M83 and Mazzy Star conflicting with The Keys on The Outdoor and Refused closing that stage.

Thisismyname
01-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Yep I think it will go AM> Pulp> Black Keys>SHM on the main with M83 and Mazzy Star conflicting with The Keys on The Outdoor and Refused closing that stage.

Pulp -> That outdoor stage lineup wouldn't even make me upset about missing Amon closing the Sahara against SHM. Oh man, that would be brilliant.

Twattycakes
01-13-2012, 09:15 PM
I need to hear this is hardcore. Twice.

Thisismyname
01-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Also, closer to the weekend, we need to decide where all the hardcore Pulp fans are gonna set up. First or second pit, etc. We need to get everyone together so we can get our own slice of a European style crowd for this set.

agenthal
01-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Saw them at Reading and it was AWESOME. Can't wait for a repeat. Hope they get given a longer set or something!

KidRobot
01-13-2012, 10:35 PM

This would be amazing, and I quite possibly would have no conflicts. I could see Arctic Monkeys > Pulp on the main and then M83 > Mazzy Star on the outdoor and then the Sahara closer (I'm assuming Amon Tobin: ISAM).

stinkbutt
01-13-2012, 10:39 PM
stink - you're going this year? Can you please bring some of the beer you brought to Roo for me?

It would probably be easier to just ship you some before the festival, which kind?

Ugh Friday is so unfairly stacked. I don't want to miss Refused, Pulp, Mazzy Star, Amon, or The Black Keys, but I know I will have to miss at least one.

hendrixfan143
01-14-2012, 01:02 AM
so fucking excited

kroqken
01-15-2012, 11:33 AM
The only other crowd I've ever seen that was like that was for Blur.

We need to meet up and form a group so at least our area will be bumping for their set.

Can you make it to the front row?

Boourns
01-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Can you make it to the front row?

I'll try. If they're closing the outdoor, it would be easy, but if they're on the main, then that's not happening.

Too bad between-set crowds don't look more like this here (during the lengthy gap between M. Ward and Belle & Sebastian, the two acts on before Pulp at Primavera):
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249780_10100556556877376_2502934_61605149_174291_n .jpg

kroqken
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I'll try. If they're closing the outdoor, it would be easy, but if they're on the main, then that's not happening.

Too bad between-set crowds don't look more like this here (during the lengthy gap between M. Ward and Belle & Sebastian, the two acts on before Pulp at Primavera):
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249780_10100556556877376_2502934_61605149_174291_n .jpg

Oh wow, I have NEVER seen that at Coachella, maybe at FYF early in the day.

KickerConspiracy
01-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I hope Pulp doesn't play the main. I got about 10 feet from the outdoor stage at PJ Harvey last year simply walking up after Chromeo finished. I also got crazy close for Pavement (even though they were on the main) just by fighting through the MGMT crowd on the outdoor and walking up after the prior band played. It sounds like Pulp crowd will be more dense than both of those, however.

Boourns
01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/01/critics-notebook-coachella.html

One of the great, universal rock anthems of the last two decades — Pulp's “Common People” — bypassed the U.S. when it exploded out of England in 1995. But if and when a reunited Pulp plays the song at this year's Coachella Music and Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., its artful and catchy screed against the 1% couldn't be more timely.

At a moment when jobless kids are cracking open piggy banks and digging deep for a Coachella ticket to see 120-odd bands over one weekend at the Indio festival, Pulp seems the most relevant among veteran acts that also include Refused, Mazzy Star, At the Drive-In, Company Flow, Madness and Squeeze. But Pulp's arrival isn't the biggest name coming out of the desert's festival, which runs two consecutive weekends. This year's roster, which was announced Monday afternoon by promoter Goldenvoice, will feature Dr. Dre and Snoop, Radiohead and the Black Keys as headliners, while dozens of other acts will occupy the festival's five stages, including Grammy-nominated names such as Bon Iver, Florence and the Machine and David Guetta. An undercard includes dance, hip-hop and rock upstarts SBTRKT, M83, Azealia Banks and Feist.

Pulp's arrival at Coachella this year, however, typifies the festival, its ever-evolving and maturing aesthetic, and its place in the culture right now.

“Common People” is a lyrical conversation with a rich girl longing to slum it with the commoners. With bitterness in his voice, Pulp's Jarvis Cocker tells of her desire to “sing along with the common people,” then replies that she could never truly do that because inherited wealth blinds her to the realities of the paycheck-to-paycheck life. “You'll never get it right,” he sings, conjuring the spirit of both Ray Davies and Bob Dylan, “'cos when you're laid in bed at night/watching roaches climb the wall/if you call your dad, he could stop it all.”

The song's kicker, one of the most exuberant refrains in rock, is the reason why it has grown into a worldwide scream-along anthem and why — especially now — it has fans making mental notes on this year's Coachella schedule: “You'll never fail like common people/You'll never watch your life slide out of view/and dance and drink and screw/because there's nothing else to do.”

Cocker achieved more notoriety, though, in 1996 at the Brit Awards (the English equivalent of the Grammys), during an over-the-top Michael Jackson performance of “Earth Song” featuring dozens of dancers, risers, fog and a Jesus-like Jackson healing sick children. A fed-up Cocker pulled a Kanye West (long before, though) and jumped onstage, then turned his bum to the audience and deflated the pompousness of the king of pop's performance with what can best be described as a butt salute.

The Pulp singer was arrested (though never charged), Jackson was outraged and demanded an apology (but never got one), and Cocker became tabloid fodder in England (and a rock legend in the process).
It's this spirit that's always generated the best moments in musical history, those times when stuff gets too overblown and artists unite under a banner of rebellion, be it Dr. Dre and Snoop thumbing their noses at the cops in the late '80s and early '90s while documenting the street culture that informed them; Radiohead following its collective muse away from the simple structures of post-grunge and the pressures of its record label; or Modeselektor crafting curiously strong German minimalist techno — rich with snarky humor.

the goat
01-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Let's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coViWcAkTfU

amyzzz
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm embarrassed to say I just don't get Pulp. I want to; they're Britpop and all, but I just don't. I like that one song from the Trainspotting soundtrack ("Mile End"), but that's about it. You can try to convince me if you want, although my kids (who are coming with me this year) listened to some tracks, and they outright hate it.

Boourns
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
You should be embarrassed.

citizenerased
01-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Outdoor would be really cool, have a hard time not seeing them up before The Black Keys though.

amyzzz
01-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I am embarrassed. I said so.

Boourns
01-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Outdoor would be really cool, have a hard time not seeing them up before The Black Keys though.

Yeah, that Pulp set will be that extra special kind of high, and The Black Keys will be the brutal comedown. Well, for those that stick around, anyway ;)

SoulDischarge
01-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Oh jesus, I just remembered "Monday Morning" exists. That was my first exposure to Pulp. I'd be criminal if they didn't play it.

SoulDischarge
01-16-2012, 01:33 PM
And even though he's not my type, Jarvis is far sexier as a middle aged man than a young man. Hope for the awkward, right there.

Boourns
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Oh jesus, I just remembered "Monday Morning" exists. That was my first exposure to Pulp. I'd be criminal if they didn't play it.

They haven't played it at most of the reunion dates (just Slovakia and Brixton Academy).

sugalumps
01-16-2012, 04:32 PM
God Damn you Jarvis. After watching that Reading show I now have to shell out $600 to some douchebag on Stubhub. This is something I can't miss since I've been waiting since 1994 to see you fuckers and for the first time in 8 years I was shut out of tickets (spare me the you-shoulda-bought-presale bullshit, I know already). So, in closing, fuck you Jarvis, you owe me $600 and I will be there to collect whilst I dance my ass off to Disco 2000.

SepaGroove
01-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Didn't know much about these guys until recently, but my eyes have been opened. All of the vids you guys have posted make their shows look ridiculously fun

furnace
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
This show will be a glaring mirror for a lot of us as we look around but guess what? It should matter to you!
People will say " but aren't you the one with your razzmatazz!?" <3

lalalollipop
01-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Anyone else pissed that Black Keys got the headlining slot over these guys? Bastards.

Boourns
01-17-2012, 08:26 AM
LL3H8nzs7T4

robotronia
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
@ work, paged "pulp line one" - more pre-occupied than previously imagined.....

Mammoth85
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
This is fucking awesome. About time.

Boourns
01-17-2012, 03:51 PM
SF in April 17, in case anyone missed it.

KidRobot
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Although their albums have been frequently played since I was exposed to them about three years ago, I have actually listened to Different Class at least once every day since the lineup came out. I'm so excited.

adamn
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Was all excited to stay a week after Mangum in Oakland to go to the 4/17 show until I just saw a note about something on 4/14 I forgot to put on my calendar. Now I have to pray for an LA show along with everyone else down here. Hmph.

Lemonpie
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
I never listened to Pulp very much until the lineup was released, but I am definitely sold now. Can't wait.

ohreallybecca
01-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Anyone else pissed that Black Keys got the headlining slot over these guys? Bastards.

Hell yeah I am.

Boourns
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
http://www.radiocity.com/events/2012/pulp-at-radio-city-music-hall.html

Pulp has announced they will return to the U.S. this spring for the first time in more than a decade to play Coachella and a handful of U.S. shows including a stop in New York. The shows will involve all the original members of the band -- Nick Banks (drums), Jarvis Cocker (vocals, guitar), Candida Doyle (keyboards), Steve Mackey (bass), Russell Senior (violin, guitar) and Mark Webber (guitar) -- and they will be playing songs from all periods of their career.

So I guess Russell is in, then.

crumbduck
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Friend of mine scored Orchestra seats this morning to their Radio City show. I'm jealous. I hope they get at least a full hour at Coach if not more closing the Outdoor Stage.

stuporfly
01-25-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv5Jm5FuCrc

KickerConspiracy
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Friend of mine scored Orchestra seats this morning to their Radio City show. I'm jealous. I hope they get at least a full hour at Coach if not more closing the Outdoor Stage.

This would be ideal. Like the PJ Harvey slot from last year (but on Friday). I hope they are not on the main before the Black Keys.

KidRobot
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
This would be ideal. Like the PJ Harvey slot from last year (but on Friday). I hope they are not on the main before the Black Keys.

This seems the most logical.

Bumblebee
01-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I think all NYC and SF pulp tickets sold out this morning.

Boourns
01-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Pulp circa 1983

http://i.imgur.com/9HO5e.jpgp

sonofhal
01-30-2012, 08:30 AM
I still have the CD single of Countdown (and O.U., i think).

zachyd
01-30-2012, 09:23 AM
It sucks... it looks like Pulp puts on such a fun show, but I really just can't get into them. I don't know... maybe I think the singer's voice is a little too boring for my tastes, and I just can't get into the 80's pop/synth thing.

sonofhal
01-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Enjoy Metronomy and La Roux.

zachyd
01-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Enjoy Metronomy and La Roux.

Funny you chose both those names, as they are two of the names I'm still kind of iffy on. I'll probably see Metronomy, but La Roux is hardly a priority. Let me update my sig, haven't changed it much since the lineup first came out

phillthepill
01-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Pulp is like this years Pavement. Over-hyped, bland and dull synthpop. full of loss. I would rather see william shattner play common people on loop for an hour then see this garbage

KidRobot
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Pulp is like this years Pavement. Over-hyped, bland and dull synthpop. full of loss. I would rather see william shattner play common people on loop for an hour then see this garbage

I'd rather see William Shattner drown you in your bathtub.

cheesehead004
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Jarvis is going to put on a fucking show, that much is for certain.

Lemonpie
01-30-2012, 07:13 PM

then stay at home and take a bunch of ecstasy in your bathroom and shut the fuck up

Lynn163
02-01-2012, 06:40 PM
This is going to be fantastic!

Boourns
02-07-2012, 10:15 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/402769_10150512618530143_551720142_9264321_1240256 795_n.jpg

heart cooks brain
02-07-2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyOVxg60wW0

Boourns
02-08-2012, 03:17 AM
That poster seems to indicate that Russell won't be there after all.

sonofhal
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Pulp - March 31st - Royal Albert Hall. That's rather handy.

Boourns
02-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Emmy the Great is playing with a string section and a choir on the 11th and now Pulp at the end of the month? Oh to live in London.

sonofhal
02-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Pulp ticket sorted. Been an expensive week. Will live on instant noodles for March.

Boourns
02-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Playing some festival in Romania in July. Surprised they'll still be around.

http://www.bestfest.ro/editia2012/

sugalumps
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
I'd rather see William Shattner drown you in your bathtub.

Whilst Joe Jackson throws in the toaster.

lehorne
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXbLyi5wgeg

listened to this at least seven or eight times lately. Also heard it in '97. Their best song really.

Boourns
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Pomona, anyone?

ADrunkPoet
03-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Would love to go to the Pomona show, but I'll be setting up tent and enjoying the Thursday night party in the camp grounds pre weekend 2. If it weren't for that, I'd say the Pomona show is pretty much must see material.

the goat
03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Pomona, anyone?

Me voy! My cousin and I are already flyin in to Ontario on Thurs and stayin at a hotel by the airport before gettin picked up by some LA friends Fri morn, so this worked out about as perfectly as possible. Been waiting about 18 years or so to see Pulp, and now twice in two days. Praise R'hllor!

Of course, my cousin may end up goin to see St Vincent around the corner. Like most heterosexual males, he's rather smitten with Annie. Kids...whaddaya gonna do?

Boourns
03-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Sucks to miss St. Vincent, she's one of the best live acts around, but I'm sure she'll be back later this year, and hopefully without tune-yards.

the goat
03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
yeah, I woulda been happy just with that on Thurs, but with the rarity of Pulp (& not getting SF tix) its really no contest for me.

KidRobot
03-06-2012, 03:53 PM
See you all in Pomona!

AViewFromMisShapes
03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I hope getting tickets for Pomona will not be similar to the experience of trying to get tickets for San Francisco.

yeahyeahyeahs
03-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I might have 2 PULP tickets for SF's Warfield for face value + fees and shipping. They are in lower balcony, row C. I will know by end of today if I need to sell !

kroqken
03-09-2012, 02:58 PM
If I am in the front for Pulp, I hope it is a a "high Pulp" set.

lehorne
03-09-2012, 03:36 PM
I want GA and three or four heads back

getbetter
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm Scared about not getting a ticket.

Boourns
03-11-2012, 05:35 PM
If I am in the front for Pulp, I hope it is a a "high Pulp" set.

Just don't get stuck in the back

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6211/6332485433_87e2beeff0_b.jpg

pachucasunrise
03-12-2012, 07:30 AM
To be fair, I don't think the hype around this set is nearly as big as it was for their UK appearances. Still, I'm gonna try to sneak to the front of the stage a few acts early, if possible. That or crowdsurf the fuck out of it.

myfirstcoachella
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
saw them at leeds festival, and the secret set at glasto. glasto was just perfection, flawless set, wish theyd played a little onger

cos it felt like this is hardcore wasnt given the right treatment, would love to hear party hard & little soul

but yeah was a really great set, leeds was good, tho the album track selection wasnt quote as good
and the kids at leeds were too young, glasto was the perfect audience, so much fun

how big are they in the states, what kind of billing should we expect?

heart cooks brain
03-12-2012, 11:37 AM
i think you can expect them to be billed ~3rd on their day.

citizenerased
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
how big are they in the states, what kind of billing should we expect?
Not very big at all, I hope there's some tangible energy. But they will most likely be on right before The Black Keys.

myfirstcoachella
03-12-2012, 11:48 AM
is it just me or are the black keys fuckin rubbish, i mean i know their songs, but they have never interestd me for the last 10 yrs, why are theynow all of a sudden headline level, doing a 6th rate imresonation of the white stripes... for me, band of skulls do the whole blues rock thing a million times better

Boourns
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah, the Keys need to go away already.

Still kicking myself over missing that secret set. Hoping I get to hear "Like a Friend" at a show this year. And "Live Bed Show"

myfirstcoachella
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
joyriders was my fave track, tho anything from his n hers went down amazingly well

Taylor
03-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Alright so Pulp has always been one of those bands for me that I was aware of but never investigated. Can someone help me find a good place to start and also maybe someone could put together a list of songs they are more likely to play so I don't feel like the retard that doesn't know the songs?
I'm not asking anyone to link up a bunch of youtube videos, just a nice list of 20 or so essential songs would be fine, I can manage from there. Thanks!

brotherbear
03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Just look at a recent setlist

KidRobot
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Alright so Pulp has always been one of those bands for me that I was aware of but never investigated. Can someone help me find a good place to start and also maybe someone could put together a list of songs they are more likely to play so I don't feel like the retard that doesn't know the songs?
I'm not asking anyone to link up a bunch of youtube videos, just a nice list of 20 or so essential songs would be fine, I can manage from there. Thanks!

Just listen to the album Different Class.

myfirstcoachella
03-19-2012, 03:44 AM
based on last years shows
intro: razzmatazz
his n hers: do you remember the 1st time, babies, joyriders... then possibly lipgloss, acrylic afternoon or pink glove
different class: pretty much all of it , but if you want a good start point.. Mis-shapes, feeling called love, sorted for e's n wizz
this is hardcore: this is hardcore.... and possibly help the aged , party hard (depends how long their set is)
we love life: sunrise... possibly bad cover version (again depending on set length)

really u might as well just give the best of "hits" a spin as thats prett much what theyre gonna play give or take a few

http://open.spotify.com/album/6ZQrocyTNkEzbQrkjjDbls

davrone
03-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I must hear "She's A Lady"!

Boourns
03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Expect something like this from a non-headlining festival set.

Mis-Shapes
Something Changed
Disco 2000
Sorted for E's & Wizz
I Spy
Babies
Underwear
This Is Hardcore
Sunrise
Common People

Small chance they swap Mis-Shapes for Pink Glove or Monday Morning on one of the weekends, and if time permits, they could add F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. or Bar Italia into the mix.

Since Russell isn't going to be part of this tour, the solo gigs are going to incorporate more from This Is Hardcore and We Love Life (Like a Friend, The Fear, Party Hard, Bad Cover Version, Wickerman the most likely candidates) along with Razzmatazz, the alternate songs listed above, Pencil Skirt, maybe O.U. or My Legendary Girlfriend.

Fourthisto
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
It won't happen, but if they play "My Lighthouse" I'll buy everyone around me a Freshers. And yes, I mean everyone.

bU8UxpbVkCw

with_cheese
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I must hear "She's A Lady"!

I would really like this but I doubt it's going to happen.

sonofhal
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Seeing them next week. I wonder if they'll change the set up at all from last year.

KidRobot
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Expect something like this from a non-headlining festival set.

Mis-Shapes
Something Changed
Disco 2000
Sorted for E's & Wizz
I Spy
Babies
Underwear
This Is Hardcore
Sunrise
Common People

Small chance they swap Mis-Shapes for Pink Glove or Monday Morning on one of the weekends, and if time permits, they could add F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. or Bar Italia into the mix.

Since Russell isn't going to be part of this tour, the solo gigs are going to incorporate more from This Is Hardcore and We Love Life (Like a Friend, The Fear, Party Hard, Bad Cover Version, Wickerman the most likely candidates) along with Razzmatazz, the alternate songs listed above, Pencil Skirt, maybe O.U. or My Legendary Girlfriend.

I want to hear F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. so badly.

clleadz
03-19-2012, 03:28 PM
I want to hear F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. so badly.

At Reading they played that in a sub headlining slot, and I would very surprised if they didn't play Bar Italia second to last

Boourns
03-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Reading was a co-headlining slot. They closed at Leeds, while Stroked finished at Reading. Full 15 festival headlining set. Expect 10-12 songs at Coachella, depending on how long they get.

Madhedmank
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Death to the disco !!!

Can't 4kin wait

mazzystareyes
03-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Reading was a co-headlining slot. They closed at Leeds, while Stroked finished at Reading. Full 15 festival headlining set. Expect 10-12 songs at Coachella, depending on how long they get.

10-12 songs Would be a massive letdown. I was thinking an hour and twenty at least.

frizzlefry
03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah that won't happen, Black Keys might only have that much time

concertgoer
03-22-2012, 07:47 PM
If we are lucky Pulp will get 70 minutes.

LolaMay
03-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I am beyond excited to see Pulp! I will most likely begin speaking in tongues if they play F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. Between Pulp, James, Mazzy Star, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, Squeeze, and Noel Gallagher, I feel like Coachella called my 19-year-old self for booking recommendations. Will also be checking out newer bands, but this trip is really all about Pulp for me. I've been waiting years!!!

mazzystareyes
03-25-2012, 07:20 AM
How is this going to work out without Russell....???

Boourns
03-25-2012, 08:13 AM
How is this going to work out without Russell....???

They just play without him (there's a seventh person that's been playing with them every night on guitar, even at the gigs with Russell). For Common People, they will have a guest violinist. Which bands on Friday have violins?

Alchemy
03-25-2012, 12:30 PM
If we are lucky Pulp will get 70 minutes.

I'm sure there is a good chance of this. Definitely not less than an hour, at least.

AViewFromMisShapes
03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I wish I can see Pulp surrounded by all you people who love them too.
Reality is, I'll be surrounded by a bunch of people who are:
1) standing there like rows of cabbages,
2) wondering why this middle age woman is acting so obnoxious and singing out of tune, and
3) just holding their spot for The Black Keys.

Boourns
03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
DJ set

Phantasma Del Mar
03-27-2012, 06:44 PM
2) wondering why this middle age woman is acting so obnoxious and singing out of tune, and

Ahh, it's Faith No More all over again. I can't wait to have my excitement drained by the avid KROQ listeners around me who are "like, totally stoked" to hear Howlin For You.

Alchemy
03-27-2012, 07:44 PM
So long as it doesn't turn out like Crowded House's set, we'll be alright.

Boourns
03-27-2012, 08:23 PM

Nice user name. How was Electric Picnic?

stinkbutt
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
When do they usually play You're A Nightmare? I really want to see that song, but I'm afraid conflicts will probably have me missing the first or second half of their set. Sad face

Boourns
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Simple. Don't miss their set. Whatever else is on at the time will come around again and again.

stinkbutt
03-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Refused or Madness wont come here

Boourns
03-27-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't see either conflicting with Pulp. It wouldn't make counter-programming sense to have one older rare act that the kids don't know or care about conflict with another.

mazzystareyes
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Ahh, it's Faith No More all over again. I can't wait to have my excitement drained by the avid KROQ listeners around me who are "like, totally stoked" to hear Howlin For You.

Oh god damn. Didn't think about this.

Boourns
03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah, Faith No More was great, but that crowd was just sad.

concertgoer
03-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Agreed, but I was able to get a great spot without any trouble so there's that.

Alchemy
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Faith No More were great despite the crowd. It had really sucked seeing Crowded House trying to get Rage Against the Machine fans to sing along to their tunes.

Gribbz
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm looking forward to this band. Also, weren't Tool fans throwing coins at Massive Attack in 2006?

Worrying about Black Keys' fans is silly.

stinkbutt
03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
I never saw anything get thrown at Massive Attack, but I'm sure it happened. I think dude from Crowded House got hit with a bottle from Rage fans

Alchemy
03-28-2012, 12:16 PM
That Massive Attack set is still one of my favorites... But on the bright side, it's true, The Black Keys' fans are not like Tool's and Rage Against the Machine's fans. I think the worst they'd do is chat through Pulp's set. They're not going to heckle.

Boourns
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/news-opinion/news/2012-03-28/pulp-whitney-michael-clark/

Jarvis Cocker, lead singer of Pulp, will play live on the Whitney Museum's fourth floor, according to a source with knowledge of the event. The British musician will perform Apr. 5–8 with his side project, Relaxed Muscle, alongside Michael Clark's dance company, organized as part of the Whitney Biennial.

Cocker formed Relaxed Muscle in 2002, following Pulp's break up. He performs as "Darren Spooner," using a violent performance style and over-the-top goth costumes and make-up. The group has maintained a relatively low profile since their sole album release in 2003.

wat

the goat
03-28-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/news-opinion/news/2012-03-28/pulp-whitney-michael-clark/

wat

Holy Fuck that sounds awesome!

So no word about a presale for the Fox show, right?

Boourns
03-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Tonight's setlist. It's a good one.

Mis-Shapes
Razzmatazz
Something Changed
Sorted for E's & Wizz
I Spy
The Birds In Your Garden
Bad Cover Version
Like a Friend
This Is Hardcore
Sunrise
Bar Italia
Common People
Encore:
My Lighthouse
(With Saskia Cocker)
Babies
Disco 2000

sonofhal
03-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Good set tonight - strings for This is Hardcore, Richard Hawley from Like A Friend onwards, My Lighthouse played for the first time in nearly 30 years. The show was faultless. The sound is always amazing in the Royal Albert Hall.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306248_10150756317031999_665226998_11873740_197083 3406_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530298_10150756318651999_665226998_11873741_791039 747_n.jpg

Boourns
03-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Great shots. I need, need, NEED to hear Like a Friend in San Francisco.

Boourns
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
jJoUFgivaX0

concertgoer
03-31-2012, 05:19 PM
I really hope that they play that at Coachella

AViewFromMisShapes
04-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Nice user name. How was Electric Picnic?

Thanks dude.

Electric Picnic was a life changing event. I was prepared to park myself 100 feet from the front at 2pm waiting for Pulp to come on at 1030pm. But The people there were so easy going that I was comfortable enough to leave my spot, get some booze (to keep warm), walk around, come back at 8pm and politely maneuver my way up to the front row right before Underworld.

My savings account is still recovering though...very slowly now that I am also going to Pomona and Kasabian in addition to Coachella.

Sushov23
04-02-2012, 02:14 AM
LIKE A FRIEND, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Expectations have been raised. Damn!

cutterbutter
04-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Some solid representation from We Love Life for only a 16 song set. Like A Friend is pretty cool though I can't image they would play it at Coachella. It'll have to be at one of their own gigs, hopefully.

Fourthisto
04-02-2012, 04:49 AM
My Lighthouse played for the first time in nearly 30 years.

My God! :eek: I'm beyond jealous...

Boourns
04-05-2012, 12:11 AM
http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/music/jarvis-cocker

Are there any new Pulp songs on the horizon?

It took us long enough to relearn the old songs, so we’ll have to see about that. But I’ve got ideas. I keep my little notebook, I’ve always got that with me [fishes a small notepad titled ‘Stuff + Nonsense’ from his jacket]. Hopefully there’s more stuff than nonsense in there.

AViewFromMisShapes
04-05-2012, 09:43 AM
At this point, I don't care what they play. I'm just stoked that they are playing. It is a total miracle that I'll get to see them two days in a row.

Look for me...I'll be wearing a crochet halter top and a sky blue training bra.

arsgunner
04-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm looking forward to this band. Also, weren't Tool fans throwing coins at Massive Attack in 2006?

Worrying about Black Keys' fans is silly.

hah all those fans are gonna be like who are these old people on stage!

Boourns
04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I wonder what questions they will have for their intro, and how the intro will be done. And who will play violin on "Common People"

CitizenJ
04-05-2012, 09:31 PM
At this point, I don't care what they play. I'm just stoked that they are playing. It is a total miracle that I'll get to see them two days in a row.

Look for me...I'll be wearing a crochet halter top and a sky blue training bra.

Consider yourself already awkwardly stared at...

the goat
04-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Some solid representation from We Love Life for only a 16 song set. Like A Friend is pretty cool though I can't image they would play it at Coachella. It'll have to be at one of their own gigs, hopefully.

Well, they did play it several times last year at festivals, although those may have been headlining sets. Also, now that I have a Pomona ticket, I'd prefer to see it there anyway, but I wouldn't absolutely rule it out for Coachella.

Since Boourns's vid is gone now, here's a whole slew of great ones from the other night:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB92D86681A61810E

Boourns
04-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Besides the Royal Albert Hall gig, "Like a Friend" only surfaced at the two headlining shows in Australia and Glastonbury, which was a rather unusual festival setlist since it was a "we're playing a secret set for free because it's Glasto, so let's have fun with it" kind of deal.

Alchemy
04-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I was listening to Metronomy in my Coachella research (they're pretty cool), and they have a song called "The Look" that has a keyboard kinda doing the chorus from "F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E." throughout the song.

http://youtu.be/sFrNsSnk8GM

Like, you can sing the chorus from the Pulp song over their song.

clleadz
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Like A Friend would be amazing at Coachella. I'd much prefer that than I Spy which seems to be a current festival staple.

Most of all I would like Help The Aged, they played it once last year in Greece at a festival... so there is about a 1% chance.

Like A Friend, Help The Aged or Live Bed Show. One of those would have me content. All of those would destroy me with mirth

Boourns
04-06-2012, 08:50 AM
The show in Greece wasn't a festival appearance, but a proper gig. I want all three in San Francisco, especially Like a Friend.

They've been mixing it up a lot more than I expected. Even Mile End got played a couple times.

I know I heard it at Primavera, but Pink Glove is too good of a song to fade away. Maybe they bring it back at one of the New York shows.

the goat
04-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Besides the Royal Albert Hall gig, "Like a Friend" only surfaced at the two headlining shows in Australia and Glastonbury, which was a rather unusual festival setlist since it was a "we're playing a secret set for free because it's Glasto, so let's have fun with it" kind of deal.

Aw, damn, I thought it was more than that. Hope we get it in Pomona, at least!

lehorne
04-06-2012, 09:00 AM
hoping for 'Dishes' at the Pomona show. The "and the earth is where we are" going into the star picking solo and emotive finale "aren't you happy just to be alive?...got no cross to bare tonight". Such an incredible song (por favor, pretty please, etc).

Speaking of Jesus, good Good Friday all.

clleadz
04-06-2012, 09:01 AM
The show in Greece wasn't a festival appearance, but a proper gig. I want all three in San Francisco, especially Like a Friend.

They've been mixing it up a lot more than I expected. Even Mile End got played a couple times.

I know I heard it at Primavera, but Pink Glove is too good of a song to fade away. Maybe they bring it back at one of the New York shows.

Ok then, a 0.1% chance

xuclarockerx
04-06-2012, 09:57 AM
hey this common people song is pretty kewl

Moonraker
04-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Am I the only one that prefers His N' Hers to Different Class?

Fourthisto
04-06-2012, 01:26 PM
hoping for 'Dishes' at the Pomona show. The "and the earth is where we are" going into the star picking solo and emotive finale "aren't you happy just to be alive?...got no cross to bare tonight". Such an incredible song (por favor, pretty please, etc).

Speaking of Jesus, good Good Friday all.

That would be my second choice behind "My Lighthouse"... that's a fantastic tune. "But I have the same initials" indeed. :cool:

KidRobot
04-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Am I the only one that prefers His N' Hers to Different Class?

Yes.

Boourns
04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
That Relaxed Muscle thing...

A Rock Star May Steal the Show
‘Who’s Zoo?’ by Michael Clark at the Whitney
By GIA KOURLAS
Published: April 6, 2012

It’s been a week since the premiere of the British choreographer Michael Clark’s new work at the Whitney Biennial, but that hasn’t been enough time to turn “Who’s Zoo?” into a dance of substance. Though changes have been made, it’s still a patchwork job in the style of Merce Cunningham — but it must be granted that Mr. Clark knows how to amp it up.

In the latest iteration of “Who’s Zoo?,” performed on Thursday afternoon at the Whitney Museum of American Art, with professionals alongside nondancers, the biggest improvement is live music: Relaxed Muscle, a two-member band featuring Jarvis Cocker (of Pulp) and Jason Buckle, perform four of the show’s six songs.

With the addition of live music and a cult-of-personality approach — not only by the spectacularly louche Mr. Cocker, but also by Mr. Clark, who has given himself more cameos this time around — “Who’s Zoo?” is less of a dance than it ever was. Mr. Clark transforms it into a musical experience with movement.

As a result, the six members of his company look more and more like backup dancers. Though the section is not new, the most poignant dance moment occurs when Mr. Clark inserts something like a flash mob in the middle of “Who’s Zoo?” For the work’s large contingent of amateur dancers, all wearing black, the simple, repetitive choreography set to Pulp’s “F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E.” includes a fist to the chest, an arm pointed straight ahead and down toward the floor and, finally, both hands behind the back.

Charles Atlas, credited with the lighting, has added more projections that spell out some of the lyrics of “F.E.E.L.I.N.G.,” but reverses the letters to create a moving jumble against the back wall. It’s a little trippy; in a flash, the dancer Julie Cunningham swipes a question mark away.

As the piece progresses, Mr. Clark insinuates himself more forcibly: at one point, he wields a cane, thrusting it against a curtain that borders a side window of the Whitney’s wide fourth-floor setting. But try as he might, Mr. Clark, bounding up and down the expanse of the stage like a hyperactive ringmaster, can’t begin to compete with the charisma of Mr. Cocker. (Really, the only person in the room who stood a chance was a low-key David Bowie, in the audience.)

Mr. Cocker, in costume as his alter ego, Darren Spooner, has his face and hands blackened and wears a painted brown leather jacket, skeleton shirt and jeans, under which pointy red boots poke out. Aside from his voice, it is his dancing that draws you in: Mr. Cocker, a natural mover whose rhythm is bewilderingly lackadaisical yet full of darting undercurrents, performs slinky steps that stutter backward and forward while singing the Relaxed Muscle songs “The Heavy,” “Let It Ride,” “Beastmaster” and, as an encore, “B-Real.” (The set list is subject to change.)

Like a mad Easter Bunny, he passed out candy and chocolates to puzzled, elderly audience members in the first row. Yes, thanks to Mr. Cocker, it was a weird afternoon. In this case, the music was the dance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/07/arts/dance/whos-zoo-by-michael-clark-at-the-whitney.html

the goat
04-07-2012, 10:29 AM
This was probably one of the best things that's ever happened. A cool story, indeed.

And congratulations to the NYT for their outstanding effort and unparalleled achievement, once again, in the art of reducing a magnificent spectacle to its most absolute mundane description.

HandBanana
04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Pulp are on Fallon monday?

Boourns
04-07-2012, 01:17 PM
yep. I wonder if Questlove will do some angry tweeting.

the goat
04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
No predictions/wagers? This is Hardcore? Babies? Like a Friend? (which would probably be the best talk show performance ever) Anything aside from Common People and you'll eat your hat?

TheImportance
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm guessing Disco 2000 or Like a Friend, can't see any other tunes being played.

And after reading that NYT articles, I can't keep thinking about the possibility of FEELING CALLED LOVE being played at one of the NYC shows, cannot wait for Tuesday and Wednesday!

Twattycakes
04-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Common People? No?

If not, Feeling.

Boourns
04-08-2012, 11:13 AM
It's television, so something short. Babies, Disco 2000, or Mis-Shapes.

getbetter
04-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Live from the BBC Vault: Pulp
Wed 4/11 3:00 pm ET
British icons Pulp have reunited and are playing Coachella the next two weekends. Take a trip back to the year 2000 and hear a historc performance from the band at the Leeds festival. (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Fri 4/13 3:00 am ET; Sun 4/15 9:00 pm ET

yaaaaaa more pulp!!!

mazzystareyes
04-09-2012, 03:23 AM
somebody want to put that bbc pulp performance on youtube?? pretty please.

Alchemy
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I wish this band would reunite at Coachella this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hb2tMfjHGA

Jarvis Cocker (of Pulp) as Myron Wagtail – vocals
Jonny Greenwood (of Radiohead) as Kirley Mcormack – lead guitar
Jason Buckle (of All Seeing I) as Heathcote Barbary – rhythm guitar
Steve Mackey (of Pulp) as Donaghan Tremlett – bass
Steven Claydon (of Add N to (X)) as Gideon Crumb – keyboards and bagpipes
Phil Selway (of Radiohead) as Orsino Thruston – drums

paperdoll78
04-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Is this the way they say the future's meant to feel, or just 30,000 people standing in a field?

clleadz
04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Is this the way they say the future's meant to feel, or just 30,000 people standing in a field?

I'm not quite sure exactly what this feeling is

(it's 20,000 btw)

paperdoll78
04-09-2012, 02:54 PM
You're right. I must have adjusted for population growth.

guedita
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I am pretty excited for this.

Boourns
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Report from Fallon taping

Just got back from the taping. They played "Common People" for the show (with an Asian violinist who looked familiar but I couldn't place her), then "Like a Friend" for the website. They sounded great. I was surprised by "Like a Friend", but I guess those of you saying people know the song here might have been correct. The people in the "band benches" (fans who stand behind the band while they play) didn't seem like they were familiar with the song though.

kroqken
04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I think Pulp is definitely main stage material.

Twattycakes
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM

For fucking sure they are.

KidRobot
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM

This was never up for debate.

pachucasunrise
04-09-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/Pulp:-Common-People/1395700

lookalive24
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
This Fallon performance made me infinitely more excited for them at Coachella.

bluemamba
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Top 5 most anticipated set of the weekend for me.

AViewFromMisShapes
04-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Indeed Russell Senior has been transformed into a young asian girl. Jimmy Fallon's stage is smaller than my bathroom.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/04/pulp-performs-common-people-and-like-a-friend/

paperdoll78
04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I heard Russell won't be joining due to his fear of flying. Hasn't the man heard of Xanax?

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
This Fallon performance made me infinitely more excited for them at Coachella.

THIS, Not that I wasn't excited before, but still..... EEEEEEEEEEEE!

musicfan66
04-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Seeing them at Radio City tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

Boourns
04-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Night 1 in NYC...

Mis-Shapes
Razzmatazz
Pencil Skirt
Something Changed
Disco 2000
Sorted for E's & Wizz
Live Bed Show
F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E.
I Spy
Babies
Underwear
This Is Hardcore
Sunrise
Bar Italia
Common People
Encore:
Like a Friend
Party Hard

shakermaker113
04-10-2012, 07:21 PM
that set list is orgasmic.

Boourns
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
A live tweeter puts "Live Bed Show" after "Sorted", but the setlist itself lists it in the encore. Either way, it was played. Every song from Different Class except for "Monday Morning".
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music2/pulp_rcmhsetlist.jpg

shakermaker113
04-10-2012, 07:45 PM
holy shit.

I would rather have monday morning than live bed show, but still...

KidRobot
04-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Drooling over that set list.

xuclarockerx
04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
OK so if I only have time to see them play Common People it will most likely be at the end of their set Friday.
::takes notes::

cheesehead004
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
id have a weeklong boner if thats the playlist we get...

Boourns
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Hour-long set = 10 of these. 9 if things are running late.
Do You Remember the First Time
Mis-Shapes
Pencil Skirt
Something Changed
Disco 2000
Sorted
Babies
Underwear
This Is Hardcore
Sunrise
Bar Italia
Common People

I'm wagering they drop Bar Italia and either Pencil Skirt or Underwear.

HandBanana
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Wow. Looks like GV did right by Pulp.
No conflicts except for M. Ward and Alesso, which basically means no conflicts.

here's hoping they get the crowd they deserve.

HandBanana
04-11-2012, 09:36 AM
The real Friday night headliners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN5C-4jBO3k

Boourns
04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
s9OcGCL_GVE

Boourns
04-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Bad Cover Version and Monday Morning were played tonight.

Boourns
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Hell yeah! You better, because I hate being the only one trying and having a bunch of indifferent douches thinking I'm the crazy one.

0kkrl88Lgx4

Hope you all bring the rowdiness, because New York looks very tame by comparison:
61_vLt1leqI

musicfan66
04-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Wow, what a show! And yes the crowd was tame, some people were actually sitting down during a few songs. :nono Was great to hear Monday Morning and Bad Cover Version. They played about and hour and 45 minutes which was awesome. Really a sham they aren't headlining. First time seeing them and they definitely exceeded my expectations. Miss this at your own risk!

PulpNextYear
04-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Off by one year!

ohaithereguise
04-13-2012, 07:31 PM
So I'm watching Pulp on the live stream...this is what people were so excited for? LOL. This shit is seriously painful to listen to. Oh well, have fun guys

seyrnon
04-13-2012, 07:37 PM
holy fuck The Fear!

dine with a cannibal
04-13-2012, 08:04 PM
So I'm watching Pulp on the live stream...this is what people were so excited for? LOL. This shit is seriously painful to listen to. Oh well, have fun guys

says the guy who likes mac dre

MantisMel
04-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Ending with Common People with it raining was AWESOME!!!

Prelude
04-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I was lolling at this shit. Singer made me cringe. From the vocals and his fairy prancing around.

HandBanana
04-13-2012, 08:23 PM

Maybe the problem is that you have the taste of an 11year old from Stockton.

the goat
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I was lolling at this shit. Singer made me cringe. From the vocals and his fairy prancing around.

Jarvis just fucked your moms, your sisters, your girlfriends (lol, you don't have those), and your 3rd and 8th grade teachers. He woulda fucked your Dads, too, but no one has any idea who they might be.

Mr. Fuzz
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
ZING

TheImportance
04-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Have some of you forgotten what a good frontman is? You'd probably laugh Bowie as Ziggy Stardust or Jagger in his prime off the stage for "prancing around like a fairy". I just feel bad for some of you.

On a more important note, I can't believe they played The Fear. Holy fuck did that sound good!

Mr. Fuzz
04-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Make no mistake, sir. But, Bowie IS a GIANT FUCKIN FAIRY.

TheImportance
04-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Is that why Bowie hasn't played Coachella yet? He's afraid of being laughed off stage for being a fairy.

Mr. Fuzz
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
http://youtu.be/9G4jnaznUoQ

krk67
04-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Jarvis just fucked your moms, your sisters, your girlfriends (lol, you don't have those), and your 3rd and 8th grade teachers. He woulda fucked your Dads, too, but no one has any idea who they might be.

Thinking about a Jarvis Cocker performance and this quote made me moist.

TheImportance
04-13-2012, 09:18 PM
http://youtu.be/9G4jnaznUoQ

I bet Bowie sits down, after a long day of doing nothing, goes onto his computer, loads up this video on Youtube, and comments "LOL FUCKING FAIRY SHIT"

Mr. Fuzz
04-13-2012, 09:20 PM
LOL. I thought your screen name was the impotence...

TheImportance
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
It was, then The Jarv showed me how to get it on yeah!

Mr. Fuzz
04-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Sounds liked you're into some serious shit.

TheImportance
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
It was HARDCORE

Alright, I have to stop because I normally hate it when people use song titles as sentences and what not haha

Mr. Fuzz
04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I thought that Pulp were great. For the record.

Prelude
04-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Accept it.

dine with a cannibal
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM
accept what? that you spend time and thought coloring your "bands that you are going to see list" but nobody in the world would ever care about?

HandBanana
04-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Go back to sucking off your uncle

Prelude
04-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Your trolling attempts are futile to my factual slander.

the goat
04-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Its not slander if its factual, you retarded douche.

ohaithereguise
04-14-2012, 12:39 AM

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217004439/arresteddevelopment/images/0/09/Wayne_jarvis.jpg

CoachellaVet09
04-14-2012, 12:41 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217004439/arresteddevelopment/images/0/09/Wayne_jarvis.jpg

Needs to calm down and just take a seat... just take a seat

the goat
04-14-2012, 01:08 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/o7t109.gif

the goat
04-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Prelude doesn't, cuz you can't remember something that hasn't happened yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3n4unaUJkc

HandBanana
04-14-2012, 12:23 PM
psssst (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twq9miTwYms)