PDA

View Full Version : JUST WAIT TIL YOU SEE WHAT THEY DO WITH DAVE GUETTA

guedita
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Mad about the lack of diversity in the EDM offerings of Coachella this year?

Fear no more, friends. Whatever qualms you have will be quickly forgotten once you see what they do with Dave Guetta.

concertgoer
01-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds ominous

GuyInTucson
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
He's going to play tech house.

BeaverCat
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Is he going to be summarily executed?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
DAVID GUETTA DOES DUBSTEP?!?!?!!?!?

GuyInTucson
01-12-2012, 05:03 PM

douchestep

guedita
01-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes. I am serious.

HandBanana
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Ahahahaahah. I love you Cara.

darkmoon66
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Is he gonna play some muted keyboard chords with a little reverb on them while a girl sings on top of it and then "drop the beat" it into a 120BPM Kick/Snare Rhythm?

nathanfairchild
01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
the sahara is turning into a club on the jersey shore.

Ross1492
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
At the risk of seeming a dolt, is this true?

If so, I smell a Rihanna/Niki Minaj guest appearance.

bobchella
01-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Bold words.

Kyliediscope
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
SOOOOO STOKED, BRO.

GuyInTucson
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
He's going to do a 2x4 with Sebastian Ingrosso so Ingrosso can receive a third set.

GuyInTucson
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
At the risk of seeming a dolt, is this true?

If so, I smell a Rihanna/Niki Minaj guest appearance.

She's not joking.

Donaldj
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Guettastep!

Trick Loves The Kids
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
From the Guetta to the Stars

citizenerased
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
If anyone would have the inside scoop it's their #1 fanboy.

Media Blitz
01-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Guetta will bring tight-pants wearing and CDJ-air-guitarring to new levels.

Sensuality
01-13-2012, 04:57 PM
He will feature Korn for one song?

malcolmjamalawesome
01-13-2012, 05:29 PM
MSTRKRFT WILL HAVE A SURPRISE

kronz420
01-13-2012, 05:45 PM
^ Well played sir

wazdog
01-13-2012, 06:06 PM
if only guetta still played music like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk8SjbEYxEY

and kaskade played music like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjCfY94haFs

the world would be a better place

tmac
01-13-2012, 06:56 PM
a 'pop life' set would be a hell of a lot better than w/e he is gonna play this year

Jimbezy
01-13-2012, 07:04 PM
His new stuff is too poppy, liked him when he played coachella a few years ago. But Im always up for a killer set no matter how douchey the dj

tmac
01-13-2012, 07:08 PM
^this will not be a killer set

paulb
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I hope Will.I.Am shows up!!! I WANNA GO CRAZY!

malcolmjamalawesome
02-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Here's something that sucks (featuring obligatory Nicki Minaj rap interlude with accent)
YVw7eJ0vGfM&ob=av2e

Holy shit, this too.

jUe8uoKdHao

Oh my god ... I had no idea

p4kVWCSzfK4

Surely this isn't a David Gu.....

9ha5ujHnYXg

I .... can't ...

N9hazmsUxrM

Please .... just stop

hWjrMTWXH28

Well just so long as he doesn't fuck up any songs that I actually li....

zP-VGVFqtsM

YOU FUCKER

sonicc
02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
He's going to do a 2x4 with Sebastian Ingrosso so Ingrosso can receive a third set.

That'd be EPIC!!!!!!

fatbastard
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Nothing but the beat

malcolmjamalawesome
02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Fuck me, he's famous.

sleepybrew
02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
This message board has declined at the same rate as the Sahara tent lineup

malcolmjamalawesome
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree, but please cite specific examples.

SeantheJeweler
02-09-2012, 06:19 PM

That'd be EPIC!!!!!!

I knew as soon as someone mentioned SHM sonicc would be here to cheer them on! This guy must be their agent or something.......

sleepybrew
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
I agree, but please cite specific examples.

You know better than I do.
Look, I thoroughly enjoyed your guide to the Sahara tent. Hilarious, well done, etc. And many of your posts are spot on.
Cara, you are awesome in person. I've only had limited interactions with you, but you are awesome and hilarious.

The Coachella message board is a great source of info and hilarious comments. And it will always remain that way. However, the board seems to be increasingly dominated by sarcastic and inane threads that shed little to no light on music or interesting ideas. What little ideas exist are simply recycled and exhausted. I know I probably troll too much and post too little; but I seem to have to look harder every month for interesting info regarding music. The board members know their shit. Share it! Enough with all this bullshit hating on the same crap over and over. I get it. I've contributed to it. We know Skrillex sucks.

I know the good threads are there and continue to have great info. But imagine being new to the boards. All they see are these garbage threads. So we have more idiots joining the boards talking nonsense. I don't know, i'm tired. I've had 4 days off work since christmas. Sorry i ranted here and i know my voice isn't much on these boards.

Just a thought. :) Love you crazy assholes

evobeatsti
02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I knew as soon as someone mentioned SHM sonicc would be here to cheer them on! This guy must be their agent or something.......

He's probably Steve Angello

malcolmjamalawesome
02-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Look, I thoroughly enjoyed your guide to the Sahara tent. Hilarious, well done, etc. And many of your posts are spot on.
Cara, you are awesome in person. I've only had limited interactions with you, but you are awesome and hilarious.

The Coachella message board is a great source of info and hilarious comments. And it will always remain that way. However, the board seems to be increasingly dominated by sarcastic and inane threads that shed little to no light on music or interesting ideas. What little ideas exist are simply recycled and exhausted. I know I probably troll too much and post too little; but I seem to have to look harder every month for interesting info regarding music. The board members know their shit. Share it! Enough with all this bullshit hating on the same crap over and over. I get it. I've contributed to it. We know Skrillex sucks.

I know the good threads are there and continue to have great info. But imagine being new to the boards. All they see are these garbage threads. So we have more idiots joining the boards talking nonsense. I don't know, i'm tired. I've had 4 days off work since christmas. Sorry i ranted here and i know my voice isn't much on these boards.

Just a thought. :) Love you crazy assholes

Yeah, Cara.

guedita
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
It's cool. His opinion will change after he sees what they do with Dave Guetta.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3989/39864434118770925452223.jpg

sleepybrew
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
hahaha, again, i love you all

but seriously, Cara, i'm only going to Coachella now because of what i'm now expecting for Guetta's set. Screw Godspeed, Fly Lo and Radiohead, Guetta's gonna make his name heard on those polo fields

malcolmjamalawesome
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
And F You, pal, I started a Midnight Beast thread and a Ximena Sarinana thread.

Sensuality
02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah guys, step up your games, there's definitely more stuff we can bash on.... Right?

And it just seems like every thread lately has been turning into a SHM discussion, no matter what it's original purpose was. Getting kinda old.

Maybe I'm just a hipster or something.

IceyHotshot
02-09-2012, 08:16 PM
You can thank sonic. His persistent trolling oscillates between grating and amusing, for me. Currently I'm laughing that he spends all his time looking through every thread just so he can post his SHM worship.

blitzerdog
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM

Gabriel and Dresden did dubstep the other night.. I was disappoint.

iammrcandyman
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Occupy Coachella forums. Overthrow the incumbent trolls.

juloxx
02-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Maybe he will play that one song he made about love that is sung by a guy that sounds extremely gay

juloxx
02-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Or even better, maybe he will do it with Will.I.AM

glacealamode
02-10-2012, 01:26 AM
[...] the board seems to be increasingly dominated by sarcastic and inane threads that shed little to no light on music or interesting ideas. What little ideas exist are simply recycled and exhausted. [...] Enough with all this bullshit hating on the same crap over and over. I get it. I've contributed to it. We know Skrillex sucks.
[...]
imagine being new to the boards. All they see are these garbage threads. So we have more idiots joining the boards talking nonsense.[...]
I love you.
Unfortunately, it just doesn't stop.

spiggums
02-10-2012, 01:42 AM
It's cool. His opinion will change after he sees what they do with Dave Guetta.

Are they going to take the Jesus pose to its logical conclusion?

guedita
02-10-2012, 03:38 AM
hahaha, again, i love you all

but seriously, Cara, i'm only going to Coachella now because of what i'm now expecting for Guetta's set. Screw Godspeed, Fly Lo and Radiohead, Guetta's gonna make his name heard on those polo fields

Davita Guedita in the campground will trump any sonic experience you've ever experienced.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-10-2012, 04:45 AM
gueditA

Trick Loves The Kids
02-10-2012, 08:56 AM

Blame the lineup, honestly. The last few years there were huge threads just geeking out on the artists, because the artists (at least as far as dance music goes) were exciting. This year there is literally no course of action beyond Guetta puns and faux fawning over the gentlemen of the illustrious and revolutionary Swedish House Mafia.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-10-2012, 09:00 AM
That said...

MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE!!!!!!!!

DFrank
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
The Coachella message board is a great source of info and hilarious comments. And it will always remain that way. However, the board seems to be increasingly dominated by sarcastic and inane threads that shed little to no light on music or interesting ideas

This is exactly what ive been thinking since the lineup dropped. Unless no one here on the board is going to the festival then it doesnt make sense to only start up threads bashing Coachella acts.

I frankly dont even know what most of you guys are looking forward to because everything is taken as a joke.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Again, when Kaskade is the DJ with the deepest, grooviest selection on the lineup there aren't any other types of threads you can make.

Ross1492
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Clown music in the Sahara, Dome removed to make room for a beer garden, strange 2 weekend format that may have resulted in GV losing out on quality acts. All of this feels like a step in the wrong direction for the festival. Its a little deflating.

mistakenstrangers
02-11-2012, 03:48 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JOnBzkBcjk0/TR97o2RxVKI/AAAAAAAAAD4/YyuZQ_9N9RI/s1600/cheese-house.jpg

sonicc
02-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I cannot wait for David Guetta's set, his intro in 2010 was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNImLrGu3M

juloxx
02-11-2012, 05:08 PM
David Guedita

Sensuality
02-11-2012, 05:23 PM
David Guedita

Lol

Relic
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IomUDTMDo

It ain't much if it ain't dutch.

sleepybrew
02-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable?? I'll still be running around having a ball this year because the rest of the lineup is great.

At The Drive-In. Mazzy Star. Madness. Refused. GY!BE. Pulp. DJ Shadow. M83. Radiohead. The Black Angels. Squeeze. The Growlers. The Rapture. Flying Lotus. Buzzcocks. The Weeknd. Modeselektor. Dre and Dogg. The Sheepdogs. The Black Keys. Florence and the Machine (sorry, i'm a sucker, i know that's not credible, but )i just love that band, super lame, i know, so are run on sentences that aren't really sentences).

You know what might actually happen as a result of this Sahara lineup???
The kids might get bored. I don't know if there is enough molly and fist pumping to last through 25 of the same exact sets. I remember the Sahara in 2007. Mstrkrft, Justice, LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture all played in the tent the same night. And a know what? People had a fucking ball. I think in large part because of the diversity of those bands. It kept the stage interesting. I remember there being a steady debate about who was the best set at the end of the Sahara in 2008 between Aphex Twin, Pendulum and Fatboy Slim. Who cares who was right, there was diversity and people loved the musical change. In 2010, a lot of friends i have went to deadmou5 and said it was awesome. Fine, whatever. But they also went to go see Orbital and said they enjoyed Orbital more.

The point???? Diversity. Yes, the Sahara tent plays dance music. But it succeeds when it plays varying types of dance music. I think (most likely, wishfully thinking) that people will get bored by the same fucking set for 12 hours each day. Perhaps they will explore all the other sounds at the other stages or the artwork. And by the time Avicii gets on stage, he's playing to 15 drugged out mongoloids.
Fuck. What am I thinking. It's going to be deadmou5 and skrillex playing 6 hour sets next year. See? I'm contributing to my own rant. Damn I suck

Phunkevil
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Clown music in the Sahara, Dome removed to make room for a beer garden, strange 2 weekend format that may have resulted in GV losing out on quality acts. All of this feels like a step in the wrong direction for the festival. Its a little deflating.

Give me a break. I think everyone agrees that the EDM line-up is the worst in history, but you talk about this shit like it's fact. Try listening to one of those bands that play musical instruments. They don't bite.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
First I was like

Give me a break. I think everyone agrees that the EDM line-up is the worst in history,
but then I was like

but you talk about this shit like it's fact.

salty dog
02-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable?? I'll still be running around having a ball this year because the rest of the lineup is great.

At The Drive-In. Mazzy Star. Madness. Refused. GY!BE. Pulp. DJ Shadow. M83. Radiohead. The Black Angels. Squeeze. The Growlers. The Rapture. Flying Lotus. Buzzcocks. The Weeknd. Modeselektor. Dre and Dogg. The Sheepdogs. The Black Keys. Florence and the Machine (sorry, i'm a sucker, i know that's not credible, but )i just love that band, super lame, i know, so are run on sentences that aren't really sentences).

The kids might get bored. I don't know if there is enough molly and fist pumping to last through 25 of the same exact sets. I remember the Sahara in 2007. Mstrkrft, Justice, LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture all played in the tent the same night. And a know what? People had a fucking ball. I think in large part because of the diversity of those bands. It kept the stage interesting. I remember there being a steady debate about who was the best set at the end of the Sahara in 2008 between Aphex Twin, Pendulum and Fatboy Slim. Who cares who was right, there was diversity and people loved the musical change. In 2010, a lot of friends i have went to deadmou5 and said it was awesome. Fine, whatever. But they also went to go see Orbital and said they enjoyed Orbital more.

The point???? Diversity. Yes, the Sahara tent plays dance music. But it succeeds when it plays varying types of dance music. I think (most likely, wishfully thinking) that people will get bored by the same fucking set for 12 hours each day. Perhaps they will explore all the other sounds at the other stages or the artwork. And by the time Avicii gets on stage, he's playing to 15 drugged out mongoloids.
Fuck. What am I thinking. It's going to be deadmou5 and skrillex playing 6 hour sets next year. See? I'm contributing to my own rant. Damn I suck

This shit is on point. It is difficult to try and top 07 but it doesn't mean Paul has to stop trying! also, skrillex being nominated (and not exactly an underdog to win) for best new artist in the year the mayans predicted our downfall is keeping me up at night.

guedita
02-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Out of every absolutely completely fucked up thing going on in the world, Skrillex being nominated for a Grammy is what's keeping you up at night?

sittingsideways
02-12-2012, 09:08 AM
I couldn't sleep last night and i was watching great amounts of Palladia's programming. I never thought in all my years that an artist like David Guetta would get so popular making the intermission music that plays between actual bands that play actual music.

Nick o
02-12-2012, 09:20 AM
its a great thing that skrillex is nominated for a bunch of grammy's. way more proof for the argument that the grammy's are a meaningless shitty joke. anyone else notice he got 5 nominations and didnt release an album in 2011? just a shitty ep? lol fucking hilarious, LA times blows the guy up and theyre just like WELL GOTTA NOMINATE THE SHIT OUTTA HIM NOW

Stickjohn
02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Speaking of the grammys, just wait til you see what they do with Dave Guetta. I hope he's backing Dave Grohl covering I Will Always Love You.

Ross1492
02-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Give me a break. I think everyone agrees that the EDM line-up is the worst in history, but you talk about this shit like it's fact. Try listening to one of those bands that play musical instruments. They don't bite.

Give me a break. At no point did I slag the lineup as a whole. Nor did I say anything about not listening to "musical instrument bands", though thanks for reassuring me that I'm at no risk of being bitten by them. Goodness gracious what precious counsel. I've no problem enjoying a nearly dance-music free coachella, and I'm pretty damn pleased w/ the "musical instrument band" portion of the lineup. But, sorry, no reason to pretend the dance music stuff is anything other than horrible. And yes, that's a fact.

Mr. Fuzz
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I love "Sexy Chick".

blackchango
02-12-2012, 07:51 PM
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq177/me75_photos/gueta.jpg

DER!

malcolmjamalawesome
02-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm certain these surprises will be amazing

with_cheese
02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable??

Green Velvet

Gribbz
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
^ That set wasn't that good.

Zero23
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Green Velvet

Despite Sgt. Pokes and fucked up sound in the Sahara, I also enjoyed Magnetic Man.

NoGwenPlease
02-13-2012, 11:24 AM

What midnight beast thread? MJA is full of LIES

DFrank
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM

Malcomjamalawesome, starting all of our funny threads since January 07.

ykill5
02-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I couldn't sleep last night and i was watching great amounts of Palladia's programming. I never thought in all my years that an artist like David Guetta would get so popular making the intermission music that plays between actual bands that play actual music.

the absolute worst was when dave grohl was giving his acceptance speech for best rock album(i think) and they cut him off with LMFAO. a great rant about making music from the heart, cut to a screeching halt by fucking party rock anthem.

bganch
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM

Umm.... Boys Noize?

malcolmjamalawesome
02-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Fall on face lulz

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Speaking of the grammys, just wait til you see what they do with Dave Guetta. I hope he's backing Dave Grohl covering I Will Always Love You.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/11/32/25/2467155/3/628x471.jpg

Where exactly does one get industrial strength glow sticks?!

I must have one for fun & protection!

malcolmjamalawesome
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/11/32/25/2467155/3/628x471.jpg

Where exactly does one get industrial strength glow sticks?!

I must have one for fun & protection!

glowdildoz

greghead
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm more interested in where I can find a stargate. Those can't be cheap.

Gribbz
02-13-2012, 04:19 PM
With or without Kurt Russell?

greghead
02-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Preferably with, though I'll settle for James Spader.

chiapet
02-13-2012, 05:52 PM
I prefer Michael Shanks.

juloxx
02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable??

you werent ther for Chase and Status, were you?

GuyInTucson
02-14-2012, 03:08 PM
you werent ther for Chase and Status, were you?

Shpongle, The Twelves, Sven Vath

Goatchella
02-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I know where to et those giant glow sticks.
I ordered 20 of them for my camp

Hawkings
02-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm more interested in where I can find a stargate. Those can't be cheap.

lol

malcolmjamalawesome
03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Let's have a frank discussion about David Guetta.

So, he's got to bring some sort of "special guest(s)" out, right? I mean, isn't his music as of late fairly dependent on there being some sort of guest vocalist?

So, ok, let's say he brings out Usher to do whatever the fuck track they have. Or Nicki Minaj. That's going to be a bore, right?

I mean, so Usher comes out. And sings "Without You." It's paint-by-numbers Top 40 stuff - all of these Guetta collabos are. So Usher comes out, and sings that track, and leaves? Like, who gives a shit? Am I missing something?

What I'm trying to say is, I can't wait for this set.

grannock
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Why even have special guests when they are just lipsynching?

flowbee
03-26-2012, 09:29 AM
"Turn off the lights! Turn off the lights! Everybody take your phone and put it out your pockets! Coachellaaa you are beautiful!!!"

guedita
03-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Let's have a frank discussion about David Guetta.

So, he's got to bring some sort of "special guest(s)" out, right? I mean, isn't his music as of late fairly dependent on there being some sort of guest vocalist?

So, ok, let's say he brings out Usher to do whatever the fuck track they have. Or Nicki Minaj. That's going to be a bore, right?

I mean, so Usher comes out. And sings "Without You." It's paint-by-numbers Top 40 stuff - all of these Guetta collabos are. So Usher comes out, and sings that track, and leaves? Like, who gives a shit? Am I missing something?

What I'm trying to say is, I can't wait for this set.

I wasn't even aware that Usher & Nicki Minaj did a track with him. Though, I guess Madonna came out at Ultra this last weekend during (Laidback Luke?) and asked the crowd if anyone had seen Molly. FUCKING EPIC.

Goatchella
03-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Oh god. Seriously?

Is Molly cool now? Again?

Should I grab some? Is that what kids are doing these days?

guedita
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Oh yeah. And Usher was at Coachella last year, with Paul McCartney, watching Afrojack's set.

Miroir Noir
03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
How awesome will the special guests be during weekend 2?

Goatchella
03-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Almost as good as weekend one

NachoCat
03-26-2012, 10:17 AM
But not quite.

travelfan
03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
If David Guetta brings guests, it will be the collaborators that are desperate for the limelight, trying to hold on to some sort of cultural relevance, and the ones that would never be asked to play Coachella for any other reason. So it'll be Usher or will.i.am before Cudi or Nicki Minaj. It'll be silly and awkward and reeking of desperation.

The funny thing is that the old Guetta stuff, while cheesy, might have been reasonably tolerable (given the landscape of the Sahara this year, of course). But Guetta over the past few years has developed into something so absurdly saccharine sweet that it makes middle schoolers roll their eyes. It's not even the Swedish House Mafia "cheesy but sort of fun if nothing better is playing" bad, it's avoid at all costs awful.

Which is why I think he'll be against Radiohead.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyone who isn't massively pumped for this facemelter of a set.... well, those people need to Guetta clue!

Mr. Dylanja
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
:rotfl

GuyInTucson
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone who isn't massively pumped for this facemelter of a set.... well, those people need to Guetta clue!

Sig-worthy.

Rynoo
03-26-2012, 11:38 AM

perfect!!!

After seeing his set at Ultra I wanted to shoot myself. Madonna came out with Avicci I believe.

CrimesceneCookie
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Madonna came out at Ultra this last weekend during (Laidback Luke?) and asked the crowd if anyone had seen Molly. FUCKING EPIC.

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/reviews/caps/vampires-kiss.jpg

amma_sol
03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
The way I see it his set could be Nothing but the beat Disc 1 or Disc 2.... most likely it will be a Disc 1 set full off collabs.... in that case I will be farrr from the Sahara. Does anyone know what his setlist for Ultra was?

Ross1492
03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I could probably will myself into half-enjoying something like Eric Prydz if need be. Impossible to stomach Guetta and the like, irrespective of the circumstances.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-26-2012, 05:43 PM
How about those big robots he brought that one time

Deegleberry
03-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know what his setlist for Ultra was?

David Guetta ultra 2012 setlist:

01. David Guetta feat. Sia – Titanium (Alesso Remix) [F*** Me I'm Famous]
02. Jack Back feat. David Guetta, Nicky Romero & Sia – Wild One Two (Edit) [Big Beat]
03. Afrojack & Shermanology – Can’t Stop Me [Wall]
04. David Guetta & Nicky Romero – Metropolis
05. Nicky Romero – Generation 303 [Musical Freedom] w/ David Guetta feat. Akon – Sexy Bitch (Acappella) [EMI]
06. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound [EMI] w/ Example – Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Acappella) [Ministry Of Sound]
07. Sidney Samson – Get Low
08. Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie – Moombah (Afrojack Remix) [Dirty Dutch] w/ David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland – When Love Takes Over [EMI] w/ Daft Punk – Aerodynamic [Virgin]
09. Nicky Romero – ID
10. Avicii – Levels [Le7els / Universal] w/ Gotye feat. Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know (Acappella) [Universal]
11. David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi – Memories (FMIF Remix) [EMI]
12. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj – Turn Me On (Michael Calfan Remix) [F*** Me I'm Famous]
13. David Guetta feat. Usher – Without You [F*** Me I'm Famous]

via http://www.beatmyday.com/category/live-sets/ (They have Carl Cox and Sven Vath sets from the weekend available for download. Both worth having)

Trick Loves The Kids
03-27-2012, 12:01 PM
[F*** Me I'm Famous]

Penis
03-27-2012, 12:41 PM

01. David Guetta feat. Sia – Titanium (Alesso Remix) [F*** Me I'm Famous]
02. Jack Back feat. David Guetta, Nicky Romero & Sia – Wild One Two (Edit) [Big Beat]
03. Afrojack & Shermanology – Can’t Stop Me [Wall]
04. David Guetta & Nicky Romero – Metropolis
05. Nicky Romero – Generation 303 [Musical Freedom] w/ David Guetta feat. Akon – Sexy Bitch (Acappella) [EMI]
06. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound [EMI] w/ Example – Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Acappella) [Ministry Of Sound]
07. Sidney Samson – Get Low
08. Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie – Moombah (Afrojack Remix) [Dirty Dutch] w/ David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland – When Love Takes Over [EMI] w/ Daft Punk – Aerodynamic [Virgin]
09. Nicky Romero – ID
10. Avicii – Levels [Le7els / Universal] w/ Gotye feat. Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know (Acappella) [Universal]
11. David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi – Memories (FMIF Remix) [EMI]
12. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj – Turn Me On (Michael Calfan Remix) [F*** Me I'm Famous]
13. David Guetta feat. Usher – Without You [F*** Me I'm Famous]

via http://www.beatmyday.com/category/live-sets/ (They have Carl Cox and Sven Vath sets from the weekend available for download. Both worth having)

dont forget to mention that levels was mixed for 10 fucking minutes..(no exaggeration)

guedita
03-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I had a dream last night about what a really, really, really, really, really bad acid trip might be like.

NachoCat
03-27-2012, 12:44 PM
LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELSLEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS LEVELS

travelfan
03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, on the bright side, no I Got a Feelin'...

NachoCat
03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
you start seeing "evil" is you stare at it like one of those magic eye posters

Pea
03-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I somehow had the synth hook from Levels stuck in my head when I went to bed last night. It kept repeating over and over and over and over and over and I didn't fall asleep until 4am. Worst. Fucking. Night. Of. My. Life.

DFrank
03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Well, on the bright side, no I Got a Feelin'...

He's saving that for us. Just wait for the DROP!

travelfan
03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
He's saving that for us. Just wait for the DROP!

I Got a Feelin vs. Levels vs. Pon de Floor megamix to cap off the set. Boners for everybody.

jmaze
03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
what they have planned could be the worst day for EDM on record. If it involves a Chris Brown appearance

jstromdabomb
03-29-2012, 07:24 PM
I heard he's opening with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIezdD1fWs

dyltr0n3030
03-31-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/reviews/caps/vampires-kiss.jpg

god i hate nicholas cage so much

loopy
03-31-2012, 02:24 PM

10. Avicii – Levels [Le7els / Universal] w/ Gotye feat. Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know (Acappella) [Universal])

Now there's some guest appearance opportunities

philabuster
04-02-2012, 03:02 PM
what they have planned could be the worst day for EDM on record. If it involves a Chris Brown appearance

If it involves live bitch smacking, I'm in.

Mugwog
04-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Now there's some guest appearance opportunities
After hearing the Goyte song remixed a few times, with people trying to play it at clubs etc, and especially after hearing the awful mix of it with swoon. I hope I don't hear this track that much other than being performed by Goyte himself. The remixes are fucking awful.

thefrush
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
If you venture near the Sahara you will hear it repetitively. It was the most played sample at Ultra, it is definitely this year's Rolling In The Deep.

TallGuyCM
04-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh god Rolling in the Deep was the most remixed last year? Puke.

Mugwog
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I can understand when a mainstream song will fit well into an electronic song, but this song is just awful when mixed electronically... and its on everyones fucking facebook

Besides..the best album for breakup music is Pretty Hate Machine

thefrush
04-02-2012, 05:57 PM
So I've never heard a Guetta set or seen him live, aside from his wildly impressive awards show appearances. I played the first ten minutes of his Ultra set and... it's so bad. His mixing is even lazier than Avicii. He's just layering bass drum outros with bass drum intros, and sometimes he just uses a backspin and starts the next song. This is the most popular DJ in the world? I thought he would actually have some mixing skill despite his music being so cheesy. Sad.

spiggums
04-02-2012, 07:12 PM
After hearing the Goyte song remixed a few times, with people trying to play it at clubs etc, and especially after hearing the awful mix of it with swoon. I hope I don't hear this track that much other than being performed by Goyte himself. The remixes are fucking awful.

It's pretty much the closest thing to this year's rolling in the deep, sadly

guedita
04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
If it involves live bitch smacking, I'm in.

Cool.

HandBanana
04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Has anyone made this stupid and obvious joke yet?

http://i.imgur.com/HsHKB.jpg

Gribbz
04-02-2012, 07:32 PM
^ Yes, but not with such mastery and grace. Well done, sir.

HandBanana
04-02-2012, 07:41 PM
(takes bow)

Mugwog
04-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Electrified boosh

Trick Loves The Kids
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
DAMN YOU'S A SEXY BITCH

guedita
04-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm sexy and I know it.

captncrzy
04-03-2012, 08:41 AM
This is the greatest thing on the board in awhile.

Goatchella
04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree...brilliant

Ardentbiscuit
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Mad about the lack of diversity in the EDM offerings of Coachella this year?

Fear no more, friends. Whatever qualms you have will be quickly forgotten once you see what they do with Dave Guetta.

Whatever this is it will let me and everyone down. I've realized after many years of being hyped that a DJ's idea of epic is way different than my idea of epic. Dropping balloons on the crowd, having a guy play kazoo, lots and lots of lasers, somewhat famous person barely singing halfway through one song, etc. don't make me enjoy a performance anymore.

And I can't imagine David Guetta going for anything similar to the pyramid unless of course it involved lots of naked groupies.

punkgirl
04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
This is beyond true. Mugwog, I could not agree more about PHM.
I can understand when a mainstream song will fit well into an electronic song, but this song is just awful when mixed electronically... and its on everyones fucking facebook

Besides..the best album for breakup music is Pretty Hate Machine

punkgirl
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
and thefrush may be on to something . . .

http://youtu.be/znD3GU87PTY
Seriously, 2 and a half minutes before he can even be bothered to toss some headphones on. But only after he tries to find a place to stash his coat. I dunno, maybe it is just me, but it is disappointing.

I was hoping for the Kelly Rowland song cause at least the song is fun and the chances of getting her to appear with him are high, and that could be something fun to dance to live. Otherwise, just not sure I want to catch his set.

http://youtu.be/TbfYAYNFOos

philabuster
04-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I never paid any attention to David Guetta until I saw how much hatred he inspires. When Amazon had the entire Nothing But the Beat album for $2.99, I thought it would be a good way to waste some money. I was surprised to find how familiar I was with the music because a) the crap they use at my gym for dancerize for morbidly obese older housewives bleeds through to the workout area and they play David Guetta a lot and b) my 3rd grader knew some of the songs from his after-school program. So there you have it - all the morbidly obese houswives and 3rd graders at Coachella are going to have a blast.

SepaGroove
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Has anyone made this stupid and obvious joke yet?

http://i.imgur.com/HsHKB.jpg

This is amazing. Congratulations.

ntmartinez
04-05-2012, 05:26 PM
If you know something that is going to happen during his set that we don't, why would you just come on here to hold it over peoples heads. Your super exclusive connect will never find out you told us, so just come out with it.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
If you know something that is going to happen during his set that we don't, why would you just come on here to hold it over peoples heads. Your super exclusive connect will never find out you told us, so just come out with it.

Go on...

Alchemy
04-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Fucking tell us the secret, Guedita...

SepaGroove
04-05-2012, 09:19 PM
WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH DAVE!?

I'M DYING TO KNOW!!!!!!!

Distorted_Jungle
04-16-2012, 09:40 AM
So....... did anyone see what they did for David Guetta?

Foucault
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes, for 90 seconds... it was the worst shit I'd ever heard.

So....... did anyone see what they did for David Guetta?

Vortex
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
He was absolutely brutal. Just total, complete utter garbage. I could only stand about 5 minutes of it, and then we had to leave because we couldn't stomach anymore. My group had about 3 people in it that are new to EDM and even they thought he was awful.

Boourns
04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
So nothing happened? That's awesome.

guedita
04-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Oh, it happened.

Usher came out on stage.

And stood there.

Boourns
04-19-2012, 11:58 AM
WAS IT USHER OR WAS IT A HOLOGRAM??!?!?!!11 HOLOGRAMZ ARE TEH FUTURE

amma_sol
04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
oh god Guetta was so terrible... and Kaskade's set should make Guetta embarrassed.

Sensuality
04-19-2012, 05:31 PM
He's the number DJ in the world for a reason.

JustSteve
04-19-2012, 05:36 PM
was sharing a golf cart ride with a couple in their early 40's going on and on about how great david goo-etta is and how amazing his set was. glad they couldn't hear me audibly laughing due to the golf cart engine.