PDA

View Full Version : An Air, Explosions in the Sky Conflict would put me to death

hammerandasickle
03-18-2007, 01:17 PM
both bands seem appropriate for playing as the sun sets, I'm worried that they'll probably be playing main and outdoor stages at the same time. anyone else find this a possiblity torturous?

Boourns
03-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Explosions will probably play during Air or Rage. The only other post-rock band I know of that has played in recent years (Mogwai) was playing against The Flaming Lips in 2004, and then Madonna in 2006.

Their position in the poster indicates either they will play early on the main stage (no way, not happening), or at night on the Outdoor theater or Mojave, or possibly headlining the Mojave.

SojuGorae
03-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I'd be willing to sacrifice Air to watch Explosions for the 2nd time (1st was at the El Rey).

Air's live performance, I assume, is pretty dull. Tear me a new one if I'm wrong.

Boourns
03-18-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd choose Air, after the universal praise for their 2004 set. And they tour far less frequently than Explosions, and if they ever did come back through LA, tickets would cost $50.

luckyface
03-18-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd be willing to sacrifice Air to watch Explosions for the 2nd time (1st was at the El Rey).

Air's live performance, I assume, is pretty dull. Tear me a new one if I'm wrong.

You are most certainly wrong. I have seen both, and both are excellent. But I would recommend Air's set over Explosions, and I like Explosions more.

RockStr4Life
03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I would hate to have to choose one over the other. Many people would be way bummed if they were playing at the same time. Someone in another thread suggested that Air close out Sunday AFTER Rage on the main stage. I would totally approve of that.

amyzzz
03-18-2007, 07:01 PM
I've already pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll be missing EITS, but I won't miss Air.

RockStr4Life
03-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I've already pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll be missing EITS, but I won't miss Air.

Yeah same here...you can't really miss Air

summerkid
03-19-2007, 01:23 AM
I don't think they'd conflict, but I plan on seeing both considering I'll be dead tired by Sunday, I think I'll just sit on the bleachers and watch EITS on the outdoor theatre and then go to the mainstage and lay in the grass to watch Air.

msklvr
03-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Making me nervous. I don't even want to think about it anymore.

ghettojournalist
03-19-2007, 09:36 AM
sometimes position on the poster means nothing.
she wants revenge headlined a stage, so anything can happen.