PDA

View Full Version : Dance events causing riots? Try riots causing dance events.

Bomboclat
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Future Riot Shields Will Suffocate Protestors with Low Frequency Speakers (http://gizmodo.com/5867984/future-riot-shields-will-suffocate-protestors-with-low-frequency-speakers)

Future Riot Shields Will Suffocate Protestors with Low Frequency Speakers

Future Riot Shields Will Suffocate Protestors with Low Frequency SpeakersIt's not the first crowd control tool to use sound waves, but Raytheon's patent for a new type of riot shield that produces low frequency sound waves to disrupt the respiratory tract and hinder breathing, sounds a little scary.

Crowd control tools like the LRAD Sound Cannon emit bursts of loud and annoying sounds that can induce headaches and nausea. But Raytheon's non-lethal pressure shield creates a pulsed pressure wave that resonates the upper respiratory tract of a human, hindering breathing and eventually incapacitating the target. The patent points out that the sound waves being generated are actually not that powerful, so while protestors might collapse from a lack of oxygen reaching their brains, their eardrums won't be damaged in the process. Phew!

And like Roman soldiers joining their shields to form a large impenetrable wall, these new riot shields can actually be networked together to form a larger acoustical horn, vastly improving their range, power, and effectiveness. There's no word on what the long-term medical implications might be if you find yourself on the wrong side of one of these shields. But I imagine the unpleasant experience is not unlike being force choked from afar by Darth Vader. [Google Patents via New Scientist]

Time to hack these and play skrillex

amyzzz
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
That's so fucking creepy.

jackstraw94086
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
like remote waterboarding. cool.

Alchemy
12-19-2011, 03:40 PM
They'll kill asthmatics.

chairmenmeow47
12-19-2011, 03:42 PM
so who cleans up the results of nausea? gross.

Kropladop
12-19-2011, 06:50 PM
so who cleans up the results of nausea? gross.

Thats the least of anybody's worries

chairmenmeow47
12-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Thats the least of anybody's worries

says the guy who thinks he's too cool to clean up vomit

nathanfairchild
12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
They'll kill asthmatics.

looks like i can't riot. fuck.

Originalbob
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Oh, I've heard about these. They were first used in the military as riot control, but I've specifically heard about the one you have to be standing in front of to be blasted with this earsplitting sound that forces anyone away from the area. It's supposed to be pretty painful.

EDIT: but I didn't hear about the nausea involved. Hopefully someone will use it as an art installment for one of their Coachella acts and then the back of the audience can get crushed instead of the front. Oh, and vomited on. Not really, that was kind of horrible

Neighborhood Creep
12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Put these on and riot away

http://fonesdeouvido.headphonesauriculares.com/images/BOSE-QUIET-COMFORT-15-HEADPHONES.jpg

marooko
12-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Bass in your face?

Sleepingrock
12-20-2011, 04:56 PM
FSOR (Future Sound of Rioting).

the walrus
12-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Put these on and riot away

http://fonesdeouvido.headphonesauriculares.com/images/BOSE-QUIET-COMFORT-15-HEADPHONES.jpg

it resonates your respiratory system.. in other words it will vibrate your lungs until you cant breathe.. it has nothing to do with what your ears are hearing

suprefan
12-20-2011, 05:18 PM
That's so fucking creepy.

More creepy than the low frequency gun that makes your bowels loose and you just shit everywhere?

juloxx
12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
FSOR (Future Sound of Rioting).

Well my band will be stealing that name..... when I form a band..... after I learn to play an instrument

suprefan
12-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Well my band will be stealing that name..... when I form a band..... after I learn to play an instrument

Playing the cowbell isnt hard.

stinkbutt
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Or you can take lessons from supre on how to play the skin flute