PDA

View Full Version : those of you still looking for a place...

ashtraygrl
03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
this might be of help to you:

a couple months ago i booked a hotel an hour away because it was the only thing reasonable i could find. since then i've been searching like crazy in case something closer pops up. i found this vacation rental company called McLean. i looked them up and they seem to be legit. i can't speak for them personaly, since i've never used them before, but i found some reviews that were decent. anyway, it looks like they have a few condos still available for coachella weekend. most of them are in palm springs or cathedral city. they are -very- reasonable in price. i just booked a one bedroom condo about 25 minutes from the festival for a total of 150.00 a night (including the cleaning fee). it's still not "cheap" but it's a hell of a lot better than paying 200+ a night to stay at a crappy hotel. actualy... now i think the rates are more like 300+. anyway, i've been checking them out for a few days and each day there's less properties available, so i'd go look now if i were you. also, i believe you have to be either 23 or 25 to rent from them and there's a security deposit (normaly 200 for for smaller rentals). if i have any trouble with the company i will update and let you all know. good luck.

here's the link...

http://www.ps4rent.com/

psychic friend
03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
also check top link in this forum

gaypalmsprings
03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
LOL. McLean Rentals is my former landlords. Their car license plate is PS4RENT.
I moved out of their rental unit when they jacked the price from 650 to 850 (back in 2000). You are on your own.

ashtraygrl
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
^ well it might not be so bad considering i'm only renting from them for 4 nights. i just got the confirmation and the rate is actualy 125 a night. the 150 a night cost is with the cleaning fee -and- tax included.

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
i called them today to pay 1/2 of the total (which you have to do within 5 business days). the first thing the (cocky sounding) guy on the phone tells me, is that they doubled all of the secuirty deposits for the coachella dates, which it did -not- indicate online. that means all condos require at least a 500 dollar SD and all homes require at least 1000. also, you do not get the deposit back for 30 days after departure. i mentioned this to a friend and he suggested that they are depositing all of the SDs into an account, and collecting the interest that hits after 30 days. then they pay everyone back and keep the interest. i know that's illegal in most states, but i'm not sure about california. anyway, i have a few more days to decide wether i want to go through with it or not. that's an extra 300 bucks on top of what i already expected though. even with getting it back, that's kind of pushing it.

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Exactly how much interest do you think they are making after 30 days? I think it's next to nothing. What you are saying is practically standard practice. I have rented several houses for weekend getaways and many ask for full payment 2 weeks in advance of the event. I got m y security deposit refunded usually about 45 days after the trip is over.

PLAN AHEAD if you don't want to pay $200 a night or more, camp, room with people or anything else.

I realize you think i'm attacking your or whatever but seriously. This is now the second place you have booked and have complained about. You should really just not go if there is no making you happy. What do you care if they are putting your money in an account and collecting 30 days worth of interest on your whopping $500 deposit.

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 01:26 PM
faxman: fucking. stop. it. you -are- attacking me. you've been doing it since you "decided" to start with me in the first place. i've said NOTHING about not being happy about coachella. you are blowing my responses WAY out of proportion. give it a fucking rest. if you don't like my posts STOP READING THEM and DON'T RESPOND TO THEM.

#1 i wasn't complaining untill i called and found out about the deposit
#2 even then i'm not COMPLAINING. i said i would update here to let people know. other people interested in these rentals messaged me and i figured i would give them a heads up on the deposit. that is all. also, the interest gained by doing that all year long, esp. during peak times, is hardly "nothing". and once more.. again... just because something is "common" doesn't make it right.... which would be why it is illegal in most places.

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:31 PM
faxman: fucking. stop. it. you -are- attacking me. you've been doing it since you "decided" to start with me in the first place. i've said NOTHING about not being happy about coachella. you are blowing my responses WAY out of proportion. give it a fucking rest. if you don't like my posts STOP READING THEM and DON'T RESPOND TO THEM.

I like your posts. That is why I respond to them. :)

#1 i wasn't complaining untill i called and found out about the deposit
#2 even then i'm not COMPLAINING. i said i would update here to let people know. other people interested in these rentals messaged me and i figured i would give them a heads up on the deposit. that is all. also, the interest gained by doing that all year long, esp. during peak times, is hardly "nothing". and once more.. again... just because something is "common" doesn't make it right.... which would be why it is illegal in most places.

Show me where it is illegal. The last thing you said was illegal actually was legal so i'm guessing you might not be correct yet again. You claimed scalping was illegal in Flordia and didn't realize that it's actually legal.

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I like your posts. That is why I respond to them. :)

Show me where it is illegal. The last thing you said was illegal actually was legal so i'm guessing you might not be correct yet again. You claimed scalping was illegal in Flordia and didn't realize that it's actually legal.

look it up, ass. i googled it and it's not legal in many states, although some have certain areas where it is. apparently san fran is one place in california where it is legal.

and

You guys are rude. I simply need tickets bad and nobody else is selling them affordable and rather than give advice some of you are just flat out rude. I sent the money today so hopefully you will be proven wrong and you will see there still are some honest people in the world. He gave me his PO box so I doubt he would lie, plus he's being honest by not taking all my money until I get the tickets. Only 200 now. It was on craigslist so it's safe.

you are either
A. a fucking hypocrite
B. trolling/being sarcastic (which means you have WAY too much time on your hands)
C. a scalper

or all of the above.

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:38 PM
look it up, ass. i googled it and it's not legal in many states, although some have certain areas where it is. apparently san fran is one place in california where it is legal.

So you still don't know if it's legal or not in the area you are talking about? Don't bitch about it until you do :) Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

you are either
A. a fucking hypocrite

about what?

B. trolling/being sarcastic (which means you have WAY too much time on your hands)

NO more time than you do to find places and then bitch about them.

C. a scalper

What does me reselling tickets on ebay have to do with you complaining about security deposits and interest on your rental being collected?

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 01:40 PM
So you still don't know if it's legal or not in the area you are talking about? Don't bitch about it until you do :) Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

about what?

NO more time than you do to find places and then bitch about them.

What does me reselling tickets on ebay have to do with you complaining about security deposits and interest on your rental being collected?

first of all, as far as i can tell it is only legal in san fran as far as california is concerned. i *just* found out about this today, so ONCE AGAIN, sorry for not doing a fucking research paper before posting on a thread on the message board. then again, i have a life.

also, all your points are redirecting attention away from the things you've posted in other threads. i'm not going to sit here and pick apart all of your damned posts and point out why you're a hypocrite. that point is obvious.

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
What about that other retarded thread where you waited until February to get a hotel and then ranted about how the hotels shouldn't be allowed to charge so much for rooms. You want them all to be like $100 a night all year round and then on top of that you want them to be available in February when you decide to get one.

There is no making you happy.

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
the bottom line is as i stated before:

there is no purpose in you attacking me when i'm doing what many other people on the boards have done (and many worse). you decided to single ME out, because of your own bordem and possibly because of other issues i suspect (but i won't get into that). you need to find a hobby.

i also want to clarify for anyone reading:
i'm not actualy personaly "offended" by these comments. i'm not "worked up" nor do i really "give a shit". i just think it's pointless and i'm tired of him cluttering my(and other) threads.

DeltaSigChi4
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Increase the peace.

E

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
first of all, as far as i can tell it is only legal in san fran as far as california is concerned. i *just* found out about this today, so ONCE AGAIN, sorry for not doing a fucking research paper before posting on a thread on the message board. then again, i have a life.

So much of a life here you are again arguing with me. It doesn't seem to make much sense to start bitching about something before you know the legalities one way or another for certain.

also, all your points are redirecting attention away from the things you've posted in other threads. i'm not going to sit here and pick apart all of your damned posts and point out why you're a hypocrite. that point is obvious.

Or you are just confused and love to spew misinformation which you already have a track record of doing.

Now stop complaining about hotels, landlords and your inability to secure a place to stay for a cheap price when you limited your own options by refusing to room with others or camp. These hotels aren't obligated to hold cheap rooms for you and there is nothing slimey about them charging higher security deposits and peak season rates.

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
the bottom line is as i stated before:

there is no purpose in you attacking me when i'm doing what many other people on the boards have done (and many worse). you decided to single ME out, because of your own bordem and possibly because of other issues i suspect (but i won't get into that). you need to find a hobby.

My hobby is message boarding, yours seems to be the same as well as bitching. So far you are good at both!

i also want to clarify for anyone reading:
i'm not actualy personaly "offended" by these comments. i'm not "worked up" nor do i really "give a shit". i just think it's pointless and i'm tired of him cluttering my(and other) threads.

Well i'm glad you clarified. I also want to clarify that you are causing clutter by giving people options for places to stay and then complaining about the options later :)

faxman75
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Increase the peace.

E

I didn't get shot this weekend thank god but it seemed like a possibility since I stayed at the Motel 6 on Trop. Fucking scary ass people walkin' around that place.

gaypalmsprings
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
They are jacking up the deposits on Coachella fans, just like they jacked up rents in the gay neighborhoods. On second thought having read all your posts, I would avoid McLean Rentals.

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
What about that other retarded thread where you waited until February to get a hotel and then ranted about how the hotels shouldn't be allowed to charge so much for rooms. You want them all to be like $100 a night all year round and then on top of that you want them to be available in February when you decide to get one.

There is no making you happy.

what about the fact that most people agreed with me? what about the fact that price gouging and the discussion of "caps on increases" has been going on LONG before i brought that up? what about the fact that i ALREADY STATED -before- the rant that this is my first coachella and i didn't know i needed to book a hotel MORE THAN 3 months in advance. not to mention i only waited a couple weeks after having bought the tickets (which i wasn't sure i would be able to do in the first place). many people feel taken advantage of by ticket scalpers, ticket master fees, hotel price gouging etc. etc. etc. i just made ONE post ...fucking ONE... post bringing it up. there are others on here who've ranted repeatedly about it in threads having nothing to do with it.

and i restate: your comments about "why don't you just stay home" and i"if you hate it so much why are you going" are ridiculous and pointless. i never said anything about the festival itself. i only brought up the fact that countless people are taking advantage of the situation and it is getting to a point where only people with large ammounts of disposable income (esp those from out of state) are able to attend the festival. i'm not saying everything should be CHEAP, i never did. again you blow things up by saying shit like "you think everything should be 100 dollars". quit making comments like that when i stated repeatedly that my problem is with the % of increases allowed. sorry if i think no one should ever have to pay 300 dollars a night to sleep in a shitty motel 6 that has a normal room value of 60 dollars a night.. the fact that i don't want to share a room with strangers or that i can't camp out (which i refuse to justify because it's not of your concern) has -nothing- to do with my original arguement in the previous thread.

DeltaSigChi4
03-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I didn't get shot this weekend thank god but it seemed like a possibility since I stayed at the Motel 6 on Trop. Fucking scary ass people walkin' around that place.

One of the local news stations had a weeklong story on that sector. It's called something fairly unflattering by the cops that patrol it. Very dangerous place nowadays. Prostitutes being picked up at broad daylight ... drugs being sold on the street at broad daylight ... it was all taped and shown on the tele.

E

ashtraygrl
03-19-2007, 02:25 PM
ps. anyone wanting to ask me about any info this thread: PM me. i doubt i will check it again.

gaypalmsprings
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry to see you go ashtraygrl....

http://www.pianoladynancy.com/funnypics_toons/ashtray.jpg

faxman75
03-19-2007, 02:46 PM
what about the fact that most people agreed with me?

Yes most people thinks it sucks to pay alot for a hotel, however it is your own fault and it's business and it's like that everywhere in the world. It will never change and it's not worth bitching about. Your only option would be to organize all vacationers and never stay at ANY hotel ever again. Otherwise there will be no changes.

what about the fact that price gouging and the discussion of "caps on increases" has been going on LONG before i brought that up?

It's a waste of time. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. You can then whine about cruises charging more during peak season, airlines charging more for holidays. It's endless what you can complain about. It's obvious you have it all on your list though and will not have trouble complaining about things all of the time.

what about the fact that i ALREADY STATED -before- the rant that this is my first coachella and i didn't know i needed to book a hotel MORE THAN 3 months in advance. not to mention i only waited a couple weeks after having bought the tickets (which i wasn't sure i would be able to do in the first place).

Oh well since you didn't know then I guess the hotels should have saved a few rooms for you and discounted them so it would be more affordable for YOU because you simply haven't been to Coachella before. I'm sorry, you are right that makes sense.

many people feel taken advantage of by ticket scalpers, ticket master fees, hotel price gouging etc. etc. etc. i just made ONE post ...fucking ONE... post bringing it up. there are others on here who've ranted repeatedly about it in threads having nothing to do with it.

Now you are combining reselling tickets with hotels that jack up prices during peak seasons. Two totally different things. Both completely legal though, so people can complain all they want but the fact is it's business. People like to bitch because it makes themselves feel better.

and i restate: your comments about "why don't you just stay home" and i"if you hate it so much why are you going" are ridiculous and pointless. i never said anything about the festival itself. i only brought up the fact that countless people are taking advantage of the situation and it is getting to a point where only people with large ammounts of disposable income (esp those from out of state) are able to attend the festival.

That's wrong though. You limited your options that coudl have made it much more affordable. It's not any more expensive than it's ever been. There is 3 days instead of two this year that's the only additional cost over previous years and if you camp the extra day it's $45 bucks. That's $11 a night. You don't need a large disposable income to attend from out of state or out of country as many from overseas even told you they were doing it for much less than you.

i'm not saying everything should be CHEAP, i never did. again you blow things up by saying shit like "you think everything should be 100 dollars". quit making comments like that when i stated repeatedly that my problem is with the % of increases allowed.

sorry if i think no one should ever have to pay 300 dollars a night to sleep in a shitty motel 6 that has a normal room value of 60 dollars a night..

no need to apologize you are just going to have to deal with it. That's travel. YOu just done't understand the industry. If you don't like it never stay in a hotel again or pipe down because it's not going to change. EVER.

the fact that i don't want to share a room with strangers or that i can't camp out (which i refuse to justify because it's not of your concern) has -nothing- to do with my original arguement in the previous thread.

Well then don't complain about the high prices of the trip and what hotels and condo's are wanting for your ass to sleep in them. :)