PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Secret Santa Thread -- ATP Style

Pages : [1] 2 3

captncrzy
11-02-2011, 09:31 AM
ATP-Style meaning: I'll be wearing an old man sweater when I dole out the assignments. And scoffing at the lot of you.

This is the annual 2011 Secret Santa thread for whoever wants to participate.

WHAT TO DO:

1) Send an email to: 2012coachella@gmail.com with your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS. I will take on the responsibility of curating your Santa assignment; who you will be assigned to will be based on my mood and how much I like you; you will not know who your Santa is until your gift arrives.

2) Answer the questions below and post them. Your Santa will refer back to your post when he/she is trying to figure out what to get you.

3) Your Santa assignment will be sent to you on NOVEMBER 23 (in time for Black Friday). Once you discover who you are going to be Santa for, just check this thread to see what that person likes. DO NOT POST WHO YOU WILL BE A SANTA FOR.

4) Buy a gift accordingly and ship it NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15. Gift price maximum is $20. Be creative! See the awesomeness in the 2010 (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43055&highlight=secret+santa) thread. Also: 2009 (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33947&highlight=secret+santa) and 2008 (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23022&highlight=secret+santa). No dildos. This is serious business.

5) Don't be an asshole. If you sign up, don't leave someone hanging.

6) No n00bs. Sorry. If we’re going to be handing out other people’s names and addresses, we sort of need to know you. Some of these ladies around here don’t need another stalker. You must either a) have a post count of 500 b) have a member vouch for you or c) fly to Honolulu and have a Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter with Courtney.

QUESTIONNAIRE: (Please copy and paste into a post of your own, and answer the questions as best you can).

1) What is your favorite color?

2) What is your T-shirt size?

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)?

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose?

5) What movies do you like?

6) What eating establishments do you like?

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like?

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in

9) What are your sports teams?

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know?

Merry Christmas.

TomAz
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
This would be more interesting if assignments were not 'random'. Go all out and curate the assignments with an eye towards mischief.

captncrzy
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
This would be more interesting if assignments were not 'random'. Go all out and curate the assignments with an eye towards mischief.

Oohhhhhh. Genius.

TomAz
11-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I can't think of anyone better suited for the job than you.

captncrzy
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I have been coined the Director of Opinions and Judgments at work. I'm trying to get it to become an official title.

gaypalmsprings
11-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I hope you have the previous years' lists so there isn't too much redundancy. For example, I have never been the benefactor of PF's Coachella tix. Hint. Hint.

gaypalmsprings
11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
1) What is your favorite color? Purple

2) What is your T-shirt size? XL

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Unicorns & cats

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Daft Punk, Robyn, Rufus Wainwright

5) What movies do you like? Wizard of Oz (already have the DVD), anything gay(ish)

6) What eating establishments do you like? Home Town Buffet, McDonalds

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Chocolate

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? NASCAR

9) What are your sports teams? Detroit Lions, #24 Jeff Gordon, Northwestern University Wildcats, Wyoming Cowboys

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? This old guy likes surprises, and anything with glitter or sparkle. He looks better in old guy stuff, rather than in speedos or tank tops. Anything gay is good. Even homemade is great - especially if it's got music on it or is edible. Say "hi" to Christmas Carol for me, and enjoy yourself at the North Pole.

Neighborhood Creep
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
1) What is your favorite color? any

2) What is your T-shirt size? large

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? pass

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? any

5) What movies do you like? thrillers

6) What eating establishments do you like? any

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? cheese

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? disc golf

9) What are your sports teams? MN Twins

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I appreciate anything

bmack86
11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
1) What is your favorite color? I prefer blue

2) What is your T-shirt size? Xl, but I'm getting increasingly into the L range

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? I like cats aight.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Sonic Youth, Kurt Vile or The War on Drugs. Let's lean towards the second or third.

5) What movies do you like? Generally, things that you'd assume would be released on Criterion or crazy exploitation/action films.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Umami burger, Tomato pie pizza, good stuff

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? I'm trying to stay the eff away from that stuff

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Concerts, skiing, law school

9) What are your sports teams? Dodgers

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I regularly wear my shirt from last year.

More importantly, I REALLY like records. And here's a list of every record I own. (http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=bmack86) It's searchable, so if you wanted to get me a record, I've made it easy for you!

chairmenmeow47
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
RAINBOW or orange. i like colours.

large in girly sizes, medium in normal men's t-shirts

dinosaur

ben folds/ben folds five, portishead, radiohead, nine inch nails

tombstone, terminator 2, star wars

mexican food

please don't ship me food; even in the winter it's hot here during the day i don't anything to melt

group sex, snowboarding, hiking, biking, crafting, getting drunk on tinychat

the olympics are cool, but i'm really not into team sports

i'm pretty fucking silly

also, i will be recovering from surgery, so whoever gets me as their santa should know i will either send your gift super early or late.

westcoastpirate
11-02-2011, 10:15 AM
1) What is your favorite color? Mint green

2) What is your T-shirt size? Large

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Red Panda

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Air

5) What movies do you like? Walk Hard, the Dewey Cox Story, primarily into Dexter and Breaking Bad at the moment

6) What eating establishments do you like? Mexican and Pizza (not mexican pizza)

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Baked potato chips, chocolate

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Riding bikes, concerts, walking, drinking beer!

9) What are your sports teams? Phoenix Suns, Arizona State University, anything soccer

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I love cheesy shit

stuporfly
11-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Purple!

XL (sigh) L soon!

Animals are dicks.

The Blur or the Beach Boys!

Rock/roll flicks.

Local Brooklyn fare. The exotic-ier the better.

I'm off that shit.

Cynicism, fart jokes, seeking out obscure sites where historic rock & roll stuff happened wherever I go.

Knicks, Yankees, Aston Villa

Beards are itchy.

JorgeC
11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I love doing this, last 2 years have been fun. Thanks for coordinating again.

1) What is your favorite color? - BLUE

2) What is your T-shirt size? - LARGE

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? - DRAGONS, Wolves (as long as they look like Alcide from True Blood)

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? IAMX (buttons would be awesome)

5) What movies do you like? horror movies. 80s slasher pics.

6) What eating establishments do you like? fast food, the one and only Del Taco.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Almonds, pecans (no peanuts...not allergic, i just hate them)

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in - concerts, concerts, concerts.

9) What are your sports teams? pass...blah.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? my safe word is PJ Harvey.

sbconnection
11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm definitely shy of the 500 post mark but I feel like i've met a decent amount of you guys to finally be included this year!

1) What is your favorite color? Purple/silver/black

2) What is your T-shirt size? womens medium

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Narwhals, Mastodons or any animal that has big teeth(not a horse, they freak me the fuck out).

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Bowie, NIN(even though i probably have everything), Mastodon, DEVO, Dinosaur Jr., The Cure...

5) What movies do you like? Anything Tarintino, Burton, Rodriguez, Or Muppet related

6) What eating establishments do you like? Sushi!!!...and burritos

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? CHOCOLATE MMMMMMNOMNOM

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Biking, BAKING!(bakeware is always appriciated), dressing up for just about anything, Concerts-DUH!

What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I could always use a new boa... they have always saved friends in a pinch when it comes to lack of costume ideas. Also, David Bowie + Trent Reznor = SWOON

Also, If there is a quality dildo out there for <$20, by all means send it!(un-used preferably).... Rebelling against the rules, RULES!

captncrzy
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I can vouch for Sunni

Sleepingrock
11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
To wear, Black, Green or Blue.

Medium or a small large to be on the safe side.

I don't think I have any favorites.

Holy Fuck, High Contrast, Max Cooper, Tycho, BoC, Deerhunter to name a couple.

Witty comedies, movies that make you think, documentaries.

Vegetarian ones, and foodie ones, local establishments.

Ginger Chews, I stick to the more "natural" side of candy and snacks, I'm picky.

School (Anthropology major) and work, with listening to music tossed in there. I really enjoy hiking and camping in the summer though.

I'm not a sports guy, I like hiking and camping.

I think anything that anyone needs to know will be found in one of my posts somewhere.

If you need me to post more info, PM captaincrazy to PM me to get me to be a bit more descriptive.

Hannahrain
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm popping in here briefly to promote the homemade gift exchange over in the DIY and Home Repair thread for anybody who wants to double up. We'd love to have you. If you don't suck.

citizenerased
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
1) What is your favorite color? Navy or Burgundy

2) What is your T-shirt size? Men's Medium

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? That's okay

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Bright Eyes, Portugal. the Man, Royksopp

5) What movies do you like? Kill Bill, Black Swan, Star Wars

6) What eating establishments do you like? Benihana, In-N-Out

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? i'm over candy

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in Concerts, hiking, x-box, smoking weed

9) What are your sports teams? Real Madrid

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I dunno

Boourns
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
black

XL or XXL if available

Cryptids and evil overlords of scientology fame

To avoid any duplicates, I will list a few bands I don't really own anything from:
Nisennenmondai (no merch, no music in physical form)
Little Dragon (no merch, own Machine Dreams on vinyl)
Fever Ray (no merch, own Mercy Street)
Bat for Lashes (no merch, most vinyl except for Two Suns and the Let's Get Lost single)
Sigur Ros (no merch)

Detailing which merch I have from Radiohead, Pulp, and Asobi Seksu would be too difficult.

movies of the fucked up variety.

any place that has great burgers

cheese, beer

concerts, beer drinking, World of Warcraft, trips of all sorts

none

it wasn't me

Courtney
11-02-2011, 11:26 AM
c) fly to Honolulu and have a Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter with Courtney

YES!

1) What is your favorite color? I like them all! Especially if they are in stripe form. I like stripes. And chevrons. And plaid.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Large. But it better be a boat neck or scoop neck style, because I hate wearing crew neck anything.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Ummm. I like animals when Kiki Smith draws them (https://www.google.com/search?q=kiki+smith&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch).

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Can I steal Bryan's answer and say Sonic Youth? Also Yo La Tengo. Oh, or Dean & Britta if you want to burn me a copy of their 13 Most Beautiful Songs for Andy Warhol Screen Tests, because I have been meaning to listen to that forever.

5) What movies do you like? Paris Texas, Lost In Translation, The Royal Tenenbaums, Pulp Fiction, The Graduate, Being John Malkovich, Heathers, The Usual Suspects, Almost Famous, The Maltese Falcon, North By Northwest, Memento, Citizen Kane, Roman Holiday, various other obvious and predictable choices.

6) What eating establishments do you like? I like eating places you've never heard of. I like eating places that don't even exist yet. Also, anywhere top-notch chefs are doing their version of local, seasonal, farm-to-table, in the style of Chez Panisse. But mostly locally I eat at Downtown at HiSAM (http://www.yelp.com/biz/downtown-honolulu)/Town (http://www.yelp.com/biz/town-honolulu), and my kitchen.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? I'm trying to be healthy, so right now that includes lots of fresh veggies, nuts, beans, and whole grains. But if you wanted to send me something edible, some sort of regional healthy food from your city would be cool. And I really like unusual spices and tea in pretty packaging. No candy.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Competitive internet-surfing. Also sometimes reading magazines of the fashion and lifestyle variety, swimming (with about a pound of SPF 60 on me), hiking in the dark before sunrise so I can reach the peak as the sun is coming up and feel badass, icing my sore muscles and spending a lot of time in my gym's sauna and hot tub after aforementioned swimming and hiking, going to art museums and making snarky remarks about what the docent tours get wrong, dancing so so so poorly (preferably after drinking too much), popping blisters on my feet from the heels I wear for aforementioned dancing, swooning over Ira Glass from This American Life on NPR, sending/receiving handwritten letters, driving out into barren landscapes in the middle of nowhere to visit obscure earth art, lusting after well-designed foreign and niche office supplies (like this (http://gravelandgold.com/shop/notebooks/med-postalco-notebook/) and this (http://www.russellandhazel.com/content/signature-pattern-binders) and this (http://www.seejanework.com/productcart/pc/Semikolon-File-Folders-207p2896.htm)), revising this post until it becomes a full-on multi-page essay, and did I mention the internet?

9) What are your sports teams? I don't really watch sports unless it involves someone taking me on a date with the prospect of really good nookie afterwards, in which case I will occasionally make an exception.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? Mail to Hawaii takes a fuckload of time, so please use USPS Priority Mail if you don't want it to be on a boat for six weeks.

Miroir Noir
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM
1) What is your favorite color? Black, grey, and white. And I have been told by my girlfriend that I already have entirely too much of all three in my wardrobe. So, anything colorful.

2) What is your T-shirt size? I'm in a weird purgatory between men's medium and large. If it runs tight like a UK shirt or American Appy, I'm a large. Otherwise, medium usually works.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? I like clever animals with cute people-like hands. If I go to the zoo, I like watching the animals that build things, cause mischief, play, etc. That said, I can't imagine wanting something with, say, a rock chuck on it.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? I've been on a big Husker Du kick lately. '80s college rock is my favorite "era" or "genre." I'm not a vinyl collector though; simply don't have the room for it.

5) What movies do you like? Almost all of my favorite films are '60s European art house classics, or '70s New Hollywood films. Bergman is my favorite filmmaker. Godfather and Godfather, Part II (with a slight preference for Part II), are probably my favorites movies. I like all of the contemporary stuff most people would probably expect (P.T. Anderson, Wong, Charlie Kaufman, Sofia Coppola, etc.) But I can also enjoy a mindless comedy or action film; I enjoy trash as much as art sometimes. That said, I already own way too many DVDs and Blu-rays for my own good.

6) What eating establishments do you like? I love trying new local restaurants. Total sucker for pizza and carb-heavy comfort food.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? a) Dark chocolate. b) Cookies. c) Combinations of a) and b).

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Music, film, politics, reading and debating about each the foregoing. Literature, when I have the time. Dining and wine. Hiking. Visiting National Parks. Drinking like Don Draper.

9) What are your sports teams? New York Yankees, Notre Dame football. I get enough grief for those two that I don't really need to pick any more up. Also, the Utah Jazz when they are relevant/playing.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I am the most Christmas-loving atheist you will ever meet.

Pixiessp
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Olive Green, Black.

Small to Medium(girl sizes)

Monkeys( for t-shirt purposes)

Antlers, Austra, Portishead, This Mortal Coil, Xmal Deutschland.

To Kill a Mockingbird, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy, Kill Bill, Secrets and Lies. (For t-shirt purposes)

I rarely go out to eat but BJ's tends to draw me in from time to time.

Paydays

Bike riding, occasional hike.

North Carolina Tarheels, UCSB Gauchos, San Antonio Spurs

I love books and discovering new music(duh):)

gaypalmsprings
11-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I rarely go out to eat but BJ's tends to draw me in from time to time.

This kind of surprises me, considering...

Pixiessp
11-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I walked right into that one, didn't I.

koryp
11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Deep blues still do it for me.

Medium

The insides and outsides of humans keep me entertained. Otherwise no animals.

I'm pretty open to anything.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Resevoir Dogs
Where the day takes you

Any place with a truely exceptional cup of coffee.

Gummy worms/Sour worms

Playing and listening to music.

No teams, but I'm a regular at MMA events.

The answer is 42.

Aurgasm
11-02-2011, 01:38 PM
No Dildos?

Boring...

and i really suck. I SUCK.

guedita
11-02-2011, 02:04 PM
1) What is your favorite color? Blue and Green.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Medium.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? My favorite animals are my cats. Not just "cats" in the abstract. MY CATS. But I wouldn't mind an article of clothing that had a giraffe, dolphin, or hippopotamus on it.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? The Apples in Stereo, Deerhunter, Something Untzy

5) What movies do you like? How To Train Your Dragon

6) What eating establishments do you like? Farmers Markets

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Kale Chips, Dried Apricots, SHARKIES.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Internet Bullying, Recreational Sedatives, Couch Lounging, Apple-Coring

9) What are your sports teams? No.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I have a small, hand crafted stone turtle named Abraham Curry that would like a friend to look out over the small waterway that runs past my back porch with him.

fiopadp7791
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Don't really have one... so if this leaves me open for some obnoxious hot pink item, I say "neato"

medium or large... either work. Play it safe and go large, because shrinkage sucks

I kinda like horse racing... otherwise I'm a sucker for dogs too.

I don't own an Ipod. I still buy CDs. It's a little late, but I've been meaning to buy "Conditions" from Temper Trap only since that damn thing was released 2 or 3 years ago. Otherwise I wouldn't mind a CD of some really good artist of any genre that you like, but don't think is really well known (any genre)...

I'm so bad... I barely watch them.

Green Mill, Famous Dave's, Broadway Pizza (MN)

Nuts, Mixed Nuts, Cashews

Music, Sports, Drinking PBR, Eating Drumsticks (the ice cream kind), playing with my pooches.

Twins, Vikings, Gophers, T-Wolves

I wouldn't mind a really cheap light-colored hat... baseball style, can be ugly, clearance rack-esque, something that will cover my buzzed head in the hot desert sun come April.

unknown
11-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm not picky - grey, blue, green, tan - as long as whatever it is looks nice

women - med or lg, men - small

Elephant (Ganesh in particular), Peacock, or a Plastikman

Apparat (has new shirts out), Flying Lotus (has a pretty rad shirt out too), Radiohead

Tree of Life, Eternal Sunshine, Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox

I love cooking so Whole Foods (if going a gift card for food route)

snickers, flaming hot doritos (rare if they even exist still)

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in?
I like making jewelry (chunky beaded things), creating stencils, painting, photography, cooking, wine and beer drinking (really love cabs and ipa's)

San Diego Super Chargers. Although not so super these days.

Please feel free to include a disc of mp3's you consider to be awesome. I love listening to new music.

Mugwog
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
No dildos. This is serious business.

How many times has this occurred in the past? I mean it must have considering this is a rule

zenidogx
11-02-2011, 06:43 PM
1) Darker shade of Blue

2) XXL or a really flattering XL

3) I like the evil kind of animals

4) Elephant 6 or Yo La Tengo or Belle & Sebastian

5) Favorite Netflix genre: Black and White Sci-Fi Horror Movies of the 1950s; loves me some Criterion.

6) Anything.

7) Porters and stouts.

8) Getting angry at the man. Antiquing. Riding public transportation for hours.

9) Angels

10) New music/weird shit/records/history

insbordnat
11-02-2011, 07:15 PM
1) What is your favorite color? Blue

2) What is your T-shirt size? L, unless it's a shirt from UK or EU - those run small, so XL in that case.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Dog, but not a real "animal" type.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Umm...not really into much of today's bands. I'd dig some record label merch though. I'm listening to 95%+ electronic music these days, most slanted towards UK Funky, Garage, not shitty House, etc. Get me a shirt from Size Records and I'll cut a bitch.

5) What movies do you like? Classic movies, artsy flicks, mentally deep movies. I have a blue ray player too, wink wink. But seriously, not a huge movie buff.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Local, unique, non-chains.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? None really, although I'm a sucker for good chocolate.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Cooking, cycling, cooking, music production, cooking, espresso, and backgammon. And like bmack, I LOVE me a unique vinyl record.

9) What are your sports teams? AZ Cardinals or Suns.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? I don't like crap, so I'd rather have something small/unique/etc. than a disposable novelty item. Posters/art is good too - my walls in my house are bare as fuck.

getbetter
11-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Can I just send whoever beer?

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Hm. I'd really like to participate, but no way that's happening.

Sleepingrock
11-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Why not Rage? You would do great!

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't really feel like divulging my full name and address on here. Perhaps I'll substitute my parents' address. Hmmmm.

guedita
11-02-2011, 08:45 PM
The only people who would see your full name and address is captn (the curator) and whoever she assigns you to, if that helps.

Courtney
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm proably going to use my PO box.

caeden
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
whatever, cindy sherman

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
The only people who would see your full name and address is captn (the curator) and whoever she assigns you to, if that helps.

Oh, I understand, but I have a very unusual first and last name thanks to my bloody South Asian parents. And it's alarming how high up in Google search results this board shows up sometimes. If I were named "John Smith" I wouldn't think twice.

Wheres the beef?
11-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't really feel like divulging my full name and address on here. Perhaps I'll substitute my parents' address. Hmmmm.

What could you possibly be afraid of that you would rather wish it upon your parents than yourself? :nono

Miroir Noir
11-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm not worried (via not being interesting enough to stalk).

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Ha. I'm not worried about being stalked. I just prefer not to censor myself on here. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with every single post I've made being attributed to me. The regulars all refer to each other by their given names on here. Inevitably, it would come out. From time to time we all post "inappropriate" things, no?

RedHotSgtPeppers
11-02-2011, 09:40 PM
1) What is your favorite color? Red.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Small or Medium.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Cats.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? The Beatles, Radiohead, or Daft Punk.

5) What movies do you like? Snatch, Monty Python, The Departed, The Big Lebowski.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Anything that isn't a shitty fast food chain.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Anything sour, Twix, and Red Vines.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Playing music, anything to do with Android, video games, recording, modifying technology, reading (I have a Kindle!).

9) What are your sports teams? I don't like sports.

10) What else do you want the Elf Master to know? If you want a great idea of what to get me, here are two good ones:
Android Superuser t-shirt - http://www.spreadshirt.com/-C3380A8156245
Minimalist Metroid t-shirt - http://www.splitreason.com/product/destructoid/1160
I also like quality cigars.

Sleepingrock
11-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Have you posted a nude yet? Why don`t you use an alias for the mail, then who ever is your santa won`t know your name!

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Alright....

Black (and blue)

L

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Dogs and horses.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Not really a merch guy.
I don't think I've ever wasted money on merchandise at a show. Buuuut... Radiohead, Grace Jones, Color Me Badd, Bel Biv Devoe, other 80s/90s novelty acts

The usual suspects - PTA, Kubrick, Woody Allen, Hitchcock, Altman, Sidney Lumet, Satyajit Ray. I also love discovering little films that never found an audience but are surprisingly moving, intellectually stimulating, beautifully filmed or, sometimes, just funny. Also like discovering LGBT history through film. It's sometimes deeply hidden, but even so it can be thrilling.

Local. Talented mixologists/great cocktails, fun for groups, great food for sharing (possibly small plates/tapas). Also love those zero-ambiance, hole-in-the-wall strip mall joints which turn out to have the best 'authentic' [insert country] cuisine.

Not big on the typical American candy you're going to find in a grocery store. Like a lot of European stuff. Prefer chocolates over "fruity" stuff.

In no particular order... love reading (mainly fiction), film, theatre, classical and popular music, hiking, swimming, nature excursions, museums, preparing desserts, dinner parties, volunteer work (seniors, lgbt and homeless)

My favorite athletes are Olivia de Havilland and Elaine Stritch

I'm open to just about anything. I'm a creative thinker, but I have absolutely no arts & crafts skills, so I'm easily impressed (and delighted) by hand made items.

I also love it when friends get to introduce each other to that one film, album, artist, book that doesn't get a lot of attention but which really made an impression on you. Something you're passionate about and would love to share. I'm open.

I have a healthy appreciation for camp and kitsch too.

Edited to say: If we end up with any international Santas, I'm happy to be assigned to them.

ods..
11-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Blue/White/Black

XL

Pass on the animal

Anything M-nus Records related (have no merch and no vinyl)
Wilco (have a lot of vinyl but no merch really)
Trentemoller (Have no merch, no vinyl)

David Lynch movies (Have only Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Drive)
Dope foreign films/ music documentaries
Anything incredibly good

Sushi
BBQ
Shit like that

Trying to lay off the snacking

Concerts, Pot Smoking, DJing, Writing

Yankees

Pimpin' since been pimpin' since been pimpin'.

Geno_g
11-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Green, blue, and black (technically not a color...)
Large
Shark, dinosaurs, and monkeys
Portishead, The Chemical Brothers, Shpongle, arcade fire, massive attack, Apparat, moderat, plump djs
Enter The Dragon, night of the living dead, 28 days later, the walking dead (comic series)
Whole foods, sweet tomatoes
Sour patch, air heads, jolly ranchers, sour punch, sour candies...
Baseball, mountain biking, snowboarding
SF giants, Steelers/49ers, SJ sharks, warriors
keep on rockin in the free world...

cutterbutter
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Blues of any shade. I also like seafoam green a lot on certain things.
M, unless it is likely to shrink. Then L.
I like penguins, cats, and bears. Not birds.
I have too many band things, and usually reserve their stuff to be from shows I attend. Anything in my sig, or things you see me post about really. But anything unique is always fun. More vinyl is always good. New to that
Casual stuff would be super hero movies, Kill Bill, Eternal Sunshine, Monty Python, Dawn of the Dead, Iron Giant, Pixar movies. Directors I like: Edgar Wright, Duplass Brothers, Coen Brothers, Tarantino. I'm a film major, and love to see new things. Experimental, foreign, whatever.
I don't really eat out too much except for hole in the wall mexican places. And In n Out. Ice cream places like coldstone!
Salty chips of any kind. More on the chocolate side then fruity for candy, but I like all of it really.
Playing guitar, taking pictures, used to run a lot (trying to get back into it), and surfing on a casual level. Reading too! Art/poster enthusiast/collector O and concerts...
UCLA
I really like everything. I love displaying weird specific little things in my room. Things with stories are the best. My room is silvery/blue.

captncrzy
11-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Can I just send whoever beer?

I think it might be illegal to ship alcohol; I'd double check. Let me know when you find out. If it's ok, I'll assign myself to you.

chairmenmeow47
11-03-2011, 07:24 AM
I think it might be illegal to ship alcohol; I'd double check. Let me know when you find out. If it's ok, I'll assign myself to you.

what? my girlfriend had a giant box of wine shipped to my house. FedEx put a sticker on it that someone over 21 had to sign for it, but it was from a company and not a person.

Miroir Noir
11-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Interstate commercial alcohol sales depending on the laws of the state that you are shipping to. It is a giant regulatory and legal mess.

captncrzy
11-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I know AZ has some crappy shipping laws. Send beer if you want...I'd just double check if there are going to be any issues before you do.

TomAz
11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Interstate commercial alcohol sales depending on the laws of the state that you are shipping to. It is a giant regulatory and legal mess.

Yep. see, for example, http://wineinstitute.shipcompliant.com/WhoShipsWhere.aspx

amyzzz
11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
People are emailing their usernames too, right? username + real first & last names. I can't match all usernames to real names, just sayin'.

menikmati
11-03-2011, 10:49 AM
What happened to Amy and Tom running this? I like tradition.

bmack86
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
People are emailing their usernames too, right? username + real first & last names. I can't match all usernames to real names, just sayin'.

I didn't send my username. Mine might be hard to figure out.

Pixiessp
11-03-2011, 11:07 AM

Jen did a great job last year. Amy and Tom did splendid jobs as well.

amyzzz
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I gave it up last year because it was a real shitstorm year for me. I don't mind Jen taking over. She's better at running things anyway. Sorry, Erik.

captncrzy
11-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I volunteered last year because Amy couldn't do it and I was bored since the wedding was over. If Amy or Tom wants it back, I'm cool with it.

amyzzz
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Proceed, Jen.

Mr. Dylanja
11-03-2011, 11:20 AM
No more zzzizzzler?

TomAz
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
My time is over. Now is the time for Jennifer. A time to be born, a time to die.

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Purple, Black, off-white

L

!Duck-Billed Platypus! & Otters

Talking Heads or the Pixies

Depressing documentaries about human rights atrocities and democracy development, mostly

Local places, I don't eat out too often. Really like Thai, Italian (roman), and Mexican food.

Stoli

Berlin, throbbing techno in dark spaces, house, mnml, reading, politics, writing, more reading, drinking, buying music, going to shows, international travel, more drinking, dancing so fast

University of Washington Huskies, San Francisco Giants

In an earlier edition of this joy-fest my awesome secret santa sent a bottle of vodka (polish potato vodka, yumm) and a delicious cookie... this was a really, really great gift... hint

captncrzy
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
The following people have filled out a questionnaire but have not sent me their mailing addresses:

Courtney
Boourns
Neighborhood Creep

Mugwog
11-03-2011, 03:37 PM
1) What is your favorite color? Currently digging the dark forest green, off white/eggshell white is a favorite too *slower armpit stains*

2) What is your T-shirt size? Mediano or *M*

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? Lemur or Sloth

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? NIN/Trent Reznor Related, Marilyn Manson (I should compile a list of my teenage treasures), Chemical Brothers, Portishead, Daft Punk and the Orb

5) What movies do you like? Tarintino, Paul Thomas Anderson, independents with strong story lines, thrillers, gritty crime, gangster crime, novelty movies that are still watchable, extremely imaginative pictures (The Fall is a great one to reference)

6) What eating establishments do you like? Seafood, sushi, burgers, thai food, indian food, interesting food

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? If it involves hazelnuts and chocolate you got me.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? Hikes, shows, filming, smoking not-so illegal substances, geeking out on forums, massages, petting animals.

9) What are your sports teams? I'd prefer a Looney Tunes throwback tshirt of Gangsta Taz and Gangsta Bugs Bunny kriss kross style over a sports team. I watch the lakers but I'm not dedicating any labels.

I love gag gifts, little strange japanese toys are always fun too. Anything that can possibly used as a prop or can be attached to a stave for a Coachella flag next year.

amyzzz
11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
When is the deadline for doing the questionnaire and emailing our addresses? Nov 23?

greghead
11-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm in.

Green or Lavender.

Medium

Dinosaurs, Sea Turtles, other sweet animals

Any band that I'm into. Merchandise relating to Radiohead, Flying Lotus/any Brainfeeder artist, Mastodon, Phish, Portishead, Thelonious Monk, The Clash, My Morning Jacket, old blues or jazz would be quite relevant to my taste.

The Criterion Collection, good scienece & social/cultural documentaries.

All of them.

Gummy bears, Red Vines, virtually anything crunchy & salty or spicy.

I love collecting vinyl (hint hint). I also enjoy running, hiking, smoking weed, and flying kites. In that order.

Arizona Cardinals, bitch. Suns. D-Backs.

She knows too much already.

And I give awesome gifts, any of you will be lucky to have me as your Santa. Keep your fingers crossed.

Mr. Dylanja
11-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Arizona Cardinals, bitch. Suns. D-Backs.

:pulse

captncrzy
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
When is the deadline for doing the questionnaire and emailing our addresses? Nov 23?

...yeah

also, Greg..I need an email from you with your address

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-04-2011, 09:05 PM
The following people have filled out a questionnaire but have not sent me their mailing addresses:

RageAgainsttheAoki
Courtney
Boourns
sbconnection
Neighborhood Creep

Just sent. Sorry. Busy last couple of days.

algunz
11-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Orange and purple
Men's small, lady's large
Not a fan of animals . . . On anything outside of nature and my mind's eye
Jamiroquai, Royksopp, Beck, Groove Armada, Underworld
My DVD collection needs some serious holes filled. I'd love Heathers, Pump of the Volume, Gleaming the Cube, Benny & Joon, or any of John Hughes' movies
McD's!!!
Pringles, Popcorn, and Pussy
Bikes, Beers, and Babes
AC Milan
I love women, but not really in the way that I have implied. I loves me some sarcasm and love gift givers with a sense if humor. :)

captncrzy
11-08-2011, 06:45 AM

Courtney
Boourns
Neighborhood Creep

ahem

captncrzy
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Deadline on this is coming up, guys. Enroll now.

Pixiessp
11-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Why are you all being such Scrooges?

amyzzz
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
1) What is your favorite color? orange, or other bright colors.

2) What is your T-shirt size? S

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? pig

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? Gorillaz, Dungen, Radiohead, also I can always have more Coachella shirts.

5) What movies do you like? Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, I'm drawing a blank on what movies I'd like for movie-related merchandise outside those two.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Gordon Biersch, Quizmo's, Cheesecake Factory. This is kind of a lame category for me (that I thought up). I don't think I want a gift card.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Fave-red Starbursts, Godiva chocolate

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? I'd like to go hiking, but haven't gotten around to it, so hiking-related gear would be ok. I play frisbee and board or card games with my kids. If you can find a cool card game with zombies or something, I'd like that. I read -- if there's a book you really like, you can get that for me.

9) What are your sports teams? none

I like the Doctor Who series. I want to acquire more (muffler-type) scarves in bright colors. You can get me something cool to hang from the mirror in my orange VW car.

Courtney
11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
What is a muffler-type scarf?

TomAz
11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
wool or related, long and skinny

vs

silk or related, squarish

amyzzz
11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Thank you, Tom. I want a cold-weather scarf, long and skinny.

Courtney
11-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Oh. Got it.

TomAz
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Amy, this would be perfect for you:

http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/

http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/photos/photo1e.jpg

amyzzz
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't think I want those colors though. But otherwise, yeah. :) (bright colors, not necessarily fall colors)

M Sparks
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Funny thing is, this will probably be the only gift I give this year.

QUESTIONNAIRE: (Please copy and paste into a post of your own, and answer the questions as best you can).

Green

XL

I'm afraid to answer this, for fear I would actually get something with an animal on it. I love animals, but not animal paraphernalia.

Pixies, Devo, TMBG...was going to say The Cure, but I already have enough Cure shirts I don't wear.

Obscure 60's-80's cult comedies.

Oreganos, Four Peaks Brewery, Mexican food in general.

Not a candy/snacky guy (I got fat the old fashion way, with carbs, beer, and meat), but I do like those Chocolate Covered Cherries you see around the holidays, and I wont turn down a pretzel, filled, covered or plain.

Not enough these days. I don't have dogs to take out anymore. I don't really have time to play video games. Can't play in the snow anymore since I moved. Too broke to go to the movies or shows as much as I would like. I'm open to suggestions.

I looked into buying the Coyotes, but it was too expensive, so I don't have any.
EDIT- Greendale College Human Beings.

The Elf slaves are organizing behind your back.

Neighborhood Creep
11-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I just sent my email

TomAz
11-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't think I want those colors though. But otherwise, yeah. :) (bright colors, not necessarily fall colors)

Tom Baker looks at you funny.

gaypalmsprings
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
What is a muffler-type scarf?

This one looks menacing....

http://www.atbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Beard-hat.jpg

TomAz
11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
oh! a jewscarf! cool.

psychic friend
11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
anything gay(ish)

hahha

Miroir Noir
11-17-2011, 11:25 AM
It's far more perplexing that someone in Arizona needs a scarf at all.

captncrzy
11-17-2011, 11:26 AM
It gets nipply here at night in the winter. It's even snowed here.

amyzzz
11-17-2011, 11:29 AM
I visited other places where people wear scarves in 50/60 degree weather and thought hey those look nice, I should add those to my wardrobe. So yeah. I want scarves.

M Sparks
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
It's far more perplexing that someone in Arizona needs a scarf at all.

You do know that parts of Arizona get below zero at night in the winter, right?

Not AMY'S part, but parts.

Courtney
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I wear scarves here. What of it?

Kyliediscope
11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
1) What is your favorite color? I love turquoise a bunch. Mustard yellow, but most mustard yellow things look really tacky.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Just get me a medium in women's to be safe. Small in men's.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? I am in the 99% on this board. I love cats. I love all animals in the cat family. I also fucking LOVE koalas and pandas.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? I love band merch. Mogwai and Portishead are big ones I'd love merch from.

5) What movies do you like? Labyrinth and Rocky Horror are easily my favorite movies. I probably wouldn't wear any merch from the movies unless it was extremely exceptional.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Anything that has an outstanding beer selection.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Red vines, lollipops, and toblerones.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? I sometimes read. I sometimes paint. I like to dance a ton.

9) What are your sports teams? I like sports, but don't want gifts revolving around them.

I, like amyzzz, am obsessed with Doctor Who. I love glitter and other really flamboyant things. I also love functional things like caps and scarves.

Pixiessp
11-17-2011, 12:12 PM
You do know that parts of Arizona get below zero at night in the winter, right?

Not AMY'S part, but parts.

Parts is parts.

captncrzy
11-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Almost last call. Going to start curating so I can get the assignments out Wednesday morning.

sbessiso
11-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I thought I had more time!

captncrzy
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Stop being a baby and get your thing in.

*That's what she said

captncrzy
11-21-2011, 08:25 AM
1) What is your favorite color? I love turquoise a bunch. Mustard yellow, but most mustard yellow things look really tacky.

2) What is your T-shirt size? Just get me a medium in women's to be safe. Small in men's.

3) What is your favorite animal (if you want something with an animal on it)? I am in the 99% on this board. I love cats. I love all animals in the cat family. I also fucking LOVE koalas and pandas.

4) If you would like to receive band merchandise, which band would you choose? I love band merch. Mogwai and Portishead are big ones I'd love merch from.

5) What movies do you like? Labyrinth and Rocky Horror are easily my favorite movies. I probably wouldn't wear any merch from the movies unless it was extremely exceptional.

6) What eating establishments do you like? Anything that has an outstanding beer selection.

7) What kinds of candy/snack foods do you like? Red vines, lollipops, and toblerones.

8) What sorts of activities do you engage in? I sometimes read. I sometimes paint. I like to dance a ton.

9) What are your sports teams? I like sports, but don't want gifts revolving around them.

I, like amyzzz, am obsessed with Doctor Who. I love glitter and other really flamboyant things. I also love functional things like caps and scarves.

Need your address.

SoulDischarge
11-21-2011, 10:44 AM

For clothing/apparel, black, but I have way too many black t-shirts as it is.

3XL

Cats.

Edit this in later.

If you don't already know, don't worry about it.

Diners/American, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, whatever. Not into sushi.

Nothing with coconut. Dark chocolate is always good, as well as sugary fruit flavored stuff.

Edit this in later.

None.

Edit this in later.

kitt kat
11-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Black. I own too much black, though.

Ladies M, adult S

CATS, KITTIES, KITTENS, ETC.

Misfits, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Sonic Yoooooth (but I have shirts for these already)

Punk Rock documentaries. All of them. (Hint hint, 1991: The Year Punk Broke)

Beer. Burgers. More beer.

Potato chips.

This is a joke, right?

No.

I'm a record hoarder. I have an Amazon Wishlist (http://amzn.com/w/31X961AFB92SA). I play bass. I'm a sad lonely cat lady.

sbessiso
11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
For shirts I like black, blue, darker colors that are slimming but maybe with some brighter colors/prints on them but for anything else I enjoy bright, glittery, candy colored shiny anything

A good XL

ROBYN, the smiths/morrissey, chemical brothers, LCD Soundsystem, Prince, umm im sure theres more. But please, something cute.

I dont even know. Old Sam Raimi, Tim Burton, Hairspray the musical, really nasty gay porn (*cough*TreasureIslandMedia*cough*) Mostly into tv shows right now. LOVE 30 Rock

Mexican, Indian, Cuban, Chinese, Middle Eastern. Anything hearty really :)

Love candy, sour gummy stuff with ooze in it, twizzlers, NUTELLA

smoke weed, dance so fast, be fabulous, fuck my boyfriend.

DONT FUCK IT UP!

Neighborhood Creep
11-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I've been into good chocolates lately, but not dark.

caeden
11-21-2011, 06:18 PM

black works best for me. my undershirts for work need to be black

medium or large

i'm a cat person, but anything off the wall would be appreciated

TOOL, NIN, any 90s alternative bands

sci-fi and period movies are always welcome

since i live in the midwest, any large national chains would probably be the only ones that would work

i try to stay away from sweets, but if you must insist...SKITTLES

reading anything i can get my hands on, really

Atlanta Braves, Manchester United, Kansas State Wildcats

gotta admit i'm a little excited for this. i love secret santa shit

captncrzy
11-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Last call.

RagePatton--fill out your questionaire. Salah--send me your mailing address.

rage patton
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Santa was gracious enough to let me sneak in at the last moment and participate this year.

For t-shirts, usually black, white or blue. Any colour but red, really.

Medium (sometimes Large if its a small fitting shirt)

Cats or Dinosaurs

Artists that I like, but don't have merch from include
Arcade Fire (the "Don't Mess With Quebec" shirt would be cool)
Caribou
Crystal Castles
The Cramps (The yellow "Bad Music For Bad People" shirt)
or any other band people know I like

I've been trying really hard to find a copy of O' Brother, Where Art Thou? and it is proving to be a difficult task.

I go to fast food places like McDonalds and Wendy's far too often. I am also a sucker for family friendly restaurant chains like Red Robins. One of my favorite places to go out for dinner is Japanese Food, however, I highly doubt any of you would be able to get gift cards from any of those places.

Salt and Vinegar chips, Jalepeno chips, Tortilla chips, Pizza, Snickers, Mars, Reeces PB Cups, Wunderbar... I just love to snack.

I play bass in a band and guitar on my spare time. I own all the Nintendo consoles, and the Legend of Zelda series is my favorite video game series. I also love the internet, and spend far too much time watching cat videos and other viral videos. Lately, I have been spending far too much time watching the TV show Adventure Time and continually watching this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6VVqEG7lNc) video.

N/A

All you need to know is that shaking it is all I know... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5KC1E5NyR0)

captncrzy
11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I've got most of the curating done. I'm going to start sending out emails. Going to hold off on a few until tomorrow morning, so if you don't get an email from me today, don't panic.

Courtney
11-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Yay I got my assignment! I'm really excited to figure out what I am going to get for this person because it is someone really awesome whose taste I totally get.

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I've got most of the curating done. I'm going to start sending out emails. Going to hold off on a few until tomorrow morning, so if you don't get an email from me today, don't panic.

Do you mean PM? I don't recall supplying my email address. Happy to do so, though. Let me know...

captncrzy
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Do you mean PM? I don't recall supplying my email address. Happy to do so, though. Let me know...

Yes, for you it will be a PM.

sbconnection
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Yey, I got my match! And its someone I am fairly unfamiliar with... time to stalk the shit outta them on zee boards! weee!

unknown
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks, Jen! Time to get the gift all ready!

JorgeC
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Stalker time.

koryp
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Secret Santa stalky time is the best.

sbconnection
11-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Ohhhhh I forgot to add something! I am also starting to read a lot of comics. I'm not too picky as long as it has a good story line or a lot of blood. I have read some of Fables, some various DC stuff(mostly Superman), I have read 30 days of night(original and "again") I am about to start reading Buffy the Vampire slayer. I really want to read the walking dead next and then Promethea. Anything Alan Moore written or Gary Frank Illistrated.

Thank you for listening santa! I've been good I swear!

kitt kat
11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm so afraid I'm going to end up getting a duplicate of something for my secret gift recipient! Bwaaah! Oh well, I'll risk it, because I have a really good gift idea...

Kyliediscope
11-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I just wanted to say that I LOVE how gay you are Salah.

Sleepingrock
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
I just wanted to say that I LOVE how gay you are Salah.

Isn't it fabulous?

Goatchella
11-22-2011, 02:18 PM

green

large

i like tuhtules

neil diamond

welcome to hell, mouse, the art of flight, lost... the decline

crab cooker, big belly deli, stockade

almonds, dehydrated pineapple, martinellis apple juice

Horticulture, acrylic/oil/aerosol/water color, fishing, snowboarding, backpacking

nope

Ive been a good boy...spoil me santie claws

greghead
11-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Ha. Love my assignment. Get ready, person, it's on.

caeden
11-22-2011, 09:55 PM
what to get, what to get...

M Sparks
11-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I love my assignment. Good job, Jen.

RedHotSgtPeppers
11-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing who I get!

Neighborhood Creep
11-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I hope I get someone I hate so I can spit on a 20 dollar bill and send it to them

algunz
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm gonna get more cowbell?

captncrzy
11-23-2011, 05:54 AM

green

large

i like tuhtules

neil diamond

welcome to hell, mouse, the art of flight, lost... the decline

crab cooker, big belly deli, stockade

almonds, dehydrated pineapple, martinellis apple juice

Horticulture, acrylic/oil/aerosol/water color, fishing, snowboarding, backpacking

nope

Ive been a good boy...spoil me santie claws

I need your address ASAP.

captncrzy
11-23-2011, 05:58 AM
I hope I get someone I hate so I can spit on a 20 dollar bill and send it to them

I can't wait to find out if I made your dream come true.

RedHotSgtPeppers
11-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Got it. Thanks Jen!

captncrzy
11-23-2011, 07:37 AM
All assignments have been sent.

This:

4) Buy a gift accordingly and ship it NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15. Gift price maximum is $20. Be creative! See the awesomeness in the 2010 thread. Also: 2009 and 2008. No dildos. This is serious business.

5) Don't be an asshole. If you sign up, don't leave someone hanging.

When you receive your gift, open it and post it on the board (pics plz).

JustSteve
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
(even if it's a dildo?)

captncrzy
11-23-2011, 08:26 AM
If it's a dildo, Imma have to choke a bitch.

Sleepingrock
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
What if we make a homemade dildo for 1$, and spend 19$ on non dildo related goods? Or is it a strict no dildos whatsoever?

JustSteve
11-23-2011, 10:37 AM
why spend a dollar when you can just go into the drawer next to your mom's bedside and get one for free?

Sleepingrock
11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
I want to put more heart and soul into it, can't be too easy!

Pixiessp
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Let me just put this out there now. I don't want a dildo.

stuporfly
11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I have a punch card at the place I get all my dildos, so I can also do without a Yuletide edition.

Courtney
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I prefer niche, artisanal dildos, if you must. I'm currently working on rounding out my collection of presidential plaster casts.

sbconnection
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
^ please dear god let courtney be my santa! I'll take a steaming hot Abe Lincohn, thanks!

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Let me just put this out there now. I don't want a dental dam.

amyzzz
11-23-2011, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't mind a dildo.

algunz
11-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I'd be fine with a good dildo also, but I'd prefer a new vibrator. Mine's getting a bit tired.

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Women's lib.

For the record, I do not wish to receive a dildo either. Also, I'm finding my selection to be almost impenetrable after 30 minutes of stalking on here. Going to have to invest more time later this week or just go off what he/she wrote in his/her survey responses.

stuporfly
11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
dildo
impenetrable
stalking
he/she

Neighborhood Creep
11-23-2011, 05:57 PM
If a female has me, just send a nudie and save your money.

koryp
11-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Women's lib.

For the record, I do not wish to receive a dildo either. Also, I'm finding my selection to be almost impenetrable after 30 minutes of stalking on here. Going to have to invest more time later this week or just go off what he/she wrote in his/her survey responses.

I can't wait to find out which of our vast community of prudish hermaphrodite boardies you paired up with. I find them all to be so cryptic, but so intriguing.

On another note, I think you all just like saying the word dildo.

Kyliediscope
11-23-2011, 09:42 PM

i was like dental dam what's that. so i google it.

Pixiessp
11-24-2011, 12:36 AM

Ha ha ha!! Nor do I. Ewwww!!!!

And Kylie, I almost just broke a rib laughing at your post.

kitt kat
11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I prefer niche, artisanal dildos, if you must.

Finally, something Etsy is good for.

boarderwoozel3
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Peeps need to update their info posts, or they're getting a faux cock. But that'd porbably be well-received anyway.

marooko
11-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Scratch that.

chairmenmeow47
11-26-2011, 09:00 PM
just ordered my recipients gift :)

algunz
11-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm in the debating process. I have some history and am undecided. :winkiss

greghead
11-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Dear recipient,

I'm currently broke, so most of your presents (that's right, multiple!) are personal items of mine. Be excited, I have awesome stuff.

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
I usually love gift giving, but this is proving way too hard. I have never interacted with my recipient on the board and after spending nearly 90 minutes reading through his/her prior posts I'm still absolutely clueless as to what to get. Other than a dildo. Here I go mussing up Christmas.

kitt kat
11-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I got my person's gift! Yay!

captncrzy
11-27-2011, 07:14 AM
I usually love gift giving, but this is proving way too hard. I have never interacted with my recipient on the board and after spending nearly 90 minutes reading through his/her prior posts I'm still absolutely clueless as to what to get. Other than a dildo. Here I go mussing up Christmas.

Your person's survey is pretty detailed. More than some, anyway. Just go by that.

gaypalmsprings
11-27-2011, 08:37 AM

I was thinking maybe an edible dildo, or perhaps a dildo candle. New, not used.

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Your person's survey is pretty detailed. More than some, anyway. Just go by that.

Yeah, I know. I was hoping to get a bit more creative, but it might have to be that simple. There's still time... I'll see if the muse comes to me...

RedHotSgtPeppers
11-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I got my person's gift! Yay!

Post pics!!

kitt kat
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
^ Nooo, I meant I purchased my recipient's gift. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Courtney
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
I am working on obtaining the gift for my person now. I think it's fairly awesome, so I hope he/she likes it.

It feels good to have this be pretty much done and not even be in December yet :)

RedHotSgtPeppers
11-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I think I know what I'm giving my person!! I hope he/she enjoys it.

Mugwog
11-29-2011, 09:40 AM
http://craphound.com/images/Trio-logo-teaser.jpg

Perfect gift for the girl/guy who loves the occult and zombies and dildos

amyzzz
11-29-2011, 09:44 AM
That's what I want.

Goatchella
11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
That's what I want.

Seriously?

insbordnat
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm struggling with uniqueness and the cost. $20 isn't a lot of dough these days, and for a unusual, unique item you either have to scour...WAIT, I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!

let the creative juices flow...

cutterbutter
11-30-2011, 08:58 PM
I think I've found the right balance of a small gift based on their questionnaire info and something more creative through stalking their posts. I imagine they will it. I would at least.

Mugwog
11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
My recipient will be very happy with my practical gifts. Good match.

http://spot25.urpartner.com/catalog/images/product_8704.jpg

JorgeC
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I'll be at Unique LA this weekend. I'm hoping to find my person's gift there. Otherwise there's always the Target clearance rack.

Goatchella
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Yay

SoulDischarge
12-04-2011, 05:31 AM
I just ordered my person's gift online. It's being sent directly to them to cut down on shipping costs. I might send a mix cd and a card or something separately.

gaypalmsprings
12-04-2011, 06:50 AM
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1291694038098_3563306.png

captncrzy
12-04-2011, 06:57 AM
YAY gifts should start arriving soon. Remember to ship by Dec 15.

Geno_g
12-04-2011, 08:42 AM
My item is being shipped to me this week and I just need to add a couple more things and it will be complete and ready to send out, should be send out this week!

Miroir Noir
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Dear recipient, your gift is on its way.

And yes, my combined 20 years of schooling were somehow not enough to prevent me from spelling "fields" with an "ei" in your card.

RageAgainstTheAoki
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I finally figured out what to get him/her. Finally. I think I did a pretty good job, too.

Pixiessp
12-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Dear recipient, your gift is on its way.

And yes, my combined 20 years of schooling were somehow not enough to prevent me from spelling "fields" with an "ei" in your card.

Are you sending yours to Strawberry Fields?

algunz
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Part of my gift is sent. The more interesting part will be coming later.

kitt kat
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Sending mine this week! I just need to go buy a bigger envelope.

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2011, 07:56 PM
my person's gift is on backordered and i had it sent to me instead of them, boo! and i bought so early this year!

ods..
12-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I hope my person likes his/her gift! Gonna send it this week

Miroir Noir
12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Are you sending yours to Strawberry Fields?

A reference to "polo fields" was made. ;)

Goatchella
12-06-2011, 08:47 AM
The person that has me told me already. Xmas ruined lol.

Your the worst.

westcoastpirate
12-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Just ordered my person's gift today!

algunz
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Just FYI my receiver will probably be receiving the gift giving part any day, but keep in mind the love giving part is coming. I promise. :)

amyzzz
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
This part of the thread always amuses me. "Hey gift-receiver-who-does-not-know-who-I-am-yet, your gift is on the way!"

algunz
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
It's all in the antic . . . i . .. pppaaay . . . tion.

insbordnat
12-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm just about finished with the design of my recipient's gift. It's a little hokey but I think he/she will love it.

caeden
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
just got home from mailing my gift(s). i asked the mail lady (who happened to be a real sweetheart) when it would potentially arrive. she said possibly saturday. if not, then by monday for sure. so get ready ________!!! it's real close. at least it better be

insbordnat
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
you better have not gotten me a burr grinder.

caeden
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
i didn't. i decided just to send you an old mortar and pestle. you can grind your coffee beans the old fashioned way

Courtney
12-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Ha!

I received a mystery package last night and was like 90% sure it was probably from my board santa. But it wasn't! Surprise gifts are awesome gifts :)

caeden
12-07-2011, 03:49 PM
what was in the mystery package? was it a presidential plaster cast?

Courtney
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
We must not be Facebook friends, because I posted about this. I got:

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/sf/072310scratchmap.jpg

It's a map where you can scratch off the countries you have visited. It rules.

Goatchella
12-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I sent the gift out to my shitty secret Santa buddy. I yanked out a fist full of pubes and put them inside the box as well

rage patton
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Woh. That scratch map is awesome! Do want.

caeden
12-07-2011, 10:31 PM
I sent the gift out to my shitty secret Santa buddy. I yanked out a fist full of pubes and put them inside the box as well

i hope you're my secret santa

Goatchella
12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
It's a secret. Couldn't tell ya ;)

Neighborhood Creep
12-08-2011, 08:25 AM
It's a secret. Couldn't tell ya ;)

Yeah, ok

nathanfairchild
12-08-2011, 08:27 AM
We must not be Facebook friends, because I posted about this. I got:

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/sf/072310scratchmap.jpg

It's a map where you can scratch off the countries you have visited. It rules.

Thank you for this. I just ordered one for my mom.

RedHotSgtPeppers
12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
*scratches off the United States*

kitt kat
12-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I packed up my person's gift this morning with the intent of mailing it...and left it on my coffee table. Oops! I will send it tomorrow!

Goatchella
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, ok

You' gonna get a ten pound hunk of coal

Mugwog
12-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Your gonna get a ten pound hunk of coal

UR.

Goatchella
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Second time I was caught slipping today.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Thank you for this. I just ordered one for my mom.

I have been extremely frustrated thinking about gifts for my brother and sister and this is absolutely PERFECT for both of them (they both do a lot of traveling)!

Courtney
12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
You all need to buy my friend Kate a drink at the next ATP.

insbordnat
12-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Ok, ordered gift, but it's going to be shipped to my house first as I want to add a card/QC the product. So I'm reaaaalllly hoping to make it by next Thursday ship date deadline, it'll be close.

gaypalmsprings
12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Ok, ordered gift, but it's going to be shipped to my house first as I want to add a card/QC the product. So I'm reaaaalllly hoping to make it by next Thursday ship date deadline, it'll be close.

Ditto here.

Goatchella
12-09-2011, 06:52 AM
That means its a dildo and he wants to give it a test run.^

kitt kat
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Sent mine today!

RageAgainstTheAoki
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I've just been notified of a possible delay in the shipment of the items I've ordered for my recipient. They may not even make it to me until after the 15th. Fingers crossed.

chairmenmeow47
12-09-2011, 07:36 PM
my gift finally shipped! but apparently from bangkok. i really need to pay more attention to the locations on ebay.

Mugwog
12-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Best prices are from Asia sometimes, then you look at shipping or eta of your item... :(

My package is set to ship tomorrow, hope my recipient enjoys it!

insbordnat
12-10-2011, 03:47 PM
My gift ARRIVED! Very impressed with the amount of recon my Santa did, as it's (they're) totally spot on. I didn't already have them, and appreciate the thought.

I'll post pictures/details once I get my camera up and running. It wouldn't be the same if I just told y'all what I got.

greghead
12-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I got a $25 Criterion Collection giftcard from my main man, Alessandra Gunz! Super sweet, thank you. Now I just can't decide on a movie to buy.

sbessiso
12-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Fuck people have already sent theirs out?? I need to step up

greghead
12-11-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm only waiting for the post office to open Monday.

M Sparks
12-11-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm putting the finishing touches on mine.

kitt kat
12-11-2011, 11:24 AM
My person should probably get their gift in the mail tomorrow!

Boourns
12-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I hope my person likes their gift. It's a roundabout way of satisfying a specific request from their post. Also hope my recipient gets their gift in time because it's shipping from overseas.

captncrzy
12-13-2011, 06:23 AM
My gift ARRIVED! Very impressed with the amount of recon my Santa did, as it's (they're) totally spot on. I didn't already have them, and appreciate the thought.

I'll post pictures/details once I get my camera up and running. It wouldn't be the same if I just told y'all what I got.

Use a smart phone to take pics, and get us some pics/info.

westcoastpirate
12-13-2011, 06:26 AM
I need to wrap up my assignment's gift and get it out the door!

koryp
12-13-2011, 06:28 AM
UPS says anticipated delivery by end of business day on Friday, so stay home if your're my recipient.
KTHNXBYE

gaypalmsprings
12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm mailing mine today.

menikmati
12-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Use a smart phone to take pics, and get us some pics/info.

It's amazing how many people don't have a camera, or have one, but don't have the right cable for it (aka, they don't know how to use it, because who doesn't have a mini USB cable these days?).

Mugwog
12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Dood only photo teknology around currently is internet memes

rage patton
12-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I bought my gift over the weekend and havent had a chance to send it. It will be mailed tomorrow though... and with any luck arrive before Christmas

insbordnat
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
It's amazing how many people don't have a camera, or have one, but don't have the right cable for it (aka, they don't know how to use it, because who doesn't have a mini USB cable these days?).

I know how to use it, but just have been tied up and haven't had the time (at home) to do a proper photo, upload it to photobucket, and to tell the whole story. I'm also still working on my gift recipient's gift, as my plan hit some snags.

I've already PM'd my gift giver days ago thanking him...you'll all see tonight(ish).

kitt kat
12-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Sigh, I don't think my person posts much. I hope they got it and enjoy it! If Xmas passes and they don't return, I'll just tell you all what I bought them.

sbconnection
12-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I have not sent my gift out yet but, if they enjoy hand crafted plurfection then the are in for a real treat!

cutterbutter
12-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Umm my family are hiding all packages arriving at the house assuming they are from relatives and such. I'll have to go take a gander at some shipping labels...

gaypalmsprings
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't use a cable. I use an inexpensive little usb card reader that works wonders.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Umm my family are hiding all packages arriving at the house assuming they are from relatives and such. I'll have to go take a gander at some shipping labels...

That is adorable.

zenidogx
12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Sigh, I don't think my person posts much. I hope they got it and enjoy it! If Xmas passes and they don't return, I'll just tell you all what I bought them.

Got it. :D
vc76IXZxldI

Been wanting to watch this for a while, too!

Gonna be hard to top, thanks!

zenidogx
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Waiting on the second half of my person's gift to arrive. Then I gotta make a decent effort to package everything. Hope I can send it in time for Xmas.

Mugwog
12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Ack. Was in Best Buy earlier and saw Dazed and Confused Criterion edition on Blu-ray... Wish I knew sooner :<

RageAgainstTheAoki
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Dear Recipient: I just received a status update on your gift items and their delivery to me has been delayed. I'm afraid that if this trend continues it may turn into a New Year's gift. Apologies in advance, but fingers crossed!

Dear Secret Santa: I gave my parents' address as that is where I had intended to spend Xmas week. However, it looks like the 'rents will be going out of town and as a result my brother and I won't be visiting them until early January. This is still TBC, but looks very likely. If you can resist spilling the beans until I get to pick the gift up, it would be greatly appreciated. Alternatively, if you haven't shipped it yet, no rush. ;)

kitt kat
12-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Got it. :D
vc76IXZxldI

Been wanting to watch this for a while, too!

Gonna be hard to top, thanks!

OMG YAY!

It's such a good movie.

Courtney
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Everything is wrapped and ready to send off tomorrow morning.

cutterbutter
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
That is adorable.

Effort like this only happens when my mom's family are visiting, since they all live 2000 miles away. I'm trying to escape the christmas since it's finals week but it's becoming impossible. I'll tell my mom a bearded internet man supports her efforts.

insbordnat
12-14-2011, 05:10 AM
My gifts and a thank you...
a7PIO8fRa4k

captncrzy
12-14-2011, 06:45 AM
+50,000,000 for the creative reveal!

Miroir Noir
12-14-2011, 07:23 AM
This was incredible! You are so welcome.

NachoCat
12-14-2011, 07:54 AM
My gifts and a thank you...
a7PIO8fRa4k

NICE, good work!

JorgeC
12-14-2011, 09:23 AM
I came home from New York and had a box waiting for me from SoulDischarge. Thank you Patrick for my new DRAGON WEED BOX!!! It's perfect, I LOVE IT!! I was sick last 2 days (vacation recovery...) and haven't been on the computer much, but I will take a couple of pics and post tonight.

To my Secret Santa recipient, packing your gift tonight and shipping tomorrow. Hope you like it!!

Courtney
12-14-2011, 09:31 AM
YES, that ruled insbordnat.

Neighborhood Creep
12-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Goatchella for my new food saver.

Much love brah

Geno_g
12-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Santa hit the post office just now...

algunz
12-14-2011, 11:01 AM
I got a $25 Criterion Collection giftcard from my main man, Alessandra Gunz! Super sweet, thank you. Now I just can't decide on a movie to buy.

There's a small more personal package coming soon. I couldn't just do a gift card that would be lame.