PDA

View Full Version : Coldplay Has Hit a New Low

RodFed1993
10-23-2011, 02:35 PM
1G4isv_Fylg&ob=av2e

Anyone agree with me? I mean, not only is this song terribly repetitive and uncreative, but the music video is just plain awful. I've been unimpressed by all of their new music.

theresalwaysone
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
That means you were, at one point, impressed?

RodFed1993
10-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I've liked a few of their songs, but I was never a huge fan. But I had never found myself actually angry while watching one of their videos until now.

Stickjohn
10-23-2011, 02:57 PM
How does that make you feel?

heart cooks brain
10-23-2011, 03:00 PM
cold play sucks. thread sucks.

Ride a Tire!
10-23-2011, 03:07 PM
cold play sucks. thread sucks.

radio head 2012!!!

concertgoer
10-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Coldplay rules
Dumb thread

theklein25
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
what's wrong with Coldplay?

nathanfairchild
10-23-2011, 08:01 PM
what's right with coldplay?

Bumblebee
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
That is perhaps the least amount of effort I've seen an artist put into their own music video where they are featured on camera.

At least the Ramones "I want to Be Sedated" music video was funny.

kvnty
10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Um, Coldplay and Ramones in the same breath? ... Blasphemer! Witch!

The Creeper
10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Video was exactly what it was made for. To be a light hearted visual aid to the song. I liked it. Yeah it was silly, but who cares. By now you should know where you stand with coldplay.

fredbull
10-23-2011, 09:12 PM
i don't know man....

this was pretty low....

UvB9Pj9Znsw

Miroir Noir
10-24-2011, 10:26 AM
This thread is stupid because if Spike Jonze had made this exact same video for Daft Punk, everyone would have said it was awesome. At worst, it's fun but derivative -- like Coldplay's music.

TallGuyCM
10-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Their new album is their weakest yet, but I actually really like Paradise.

And the first two Coldplay albums are fantastic. It's really hard for me to hate a songwriter so unashamedly wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Goatchella
10-24-2011, 10:53 AM
why hate...jsut listen to what you like and shut the fuck up.

tigermilkboy
10-24-2011, 11:09 AM
This thread is stupid because if Spike Jonze had made this exact same video for Daft Punk, everyone would have said it was awesome. At worst, it's fun but derivative -- like Coldplay's music.

I have to agree about the video. But the song is terrible. I think I might have a go at writing a Coldplay album.

Checklist:
Echoing guitars
'Woah-ho' chorus
Random phrase, cliched, motivational poster lyrics

TomAz
10-24-2011, 11:24 AM
oh look. a concept elephant.

Chris Martin must die. Put a sharp stick in his eye.

TomAz
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
U-RsniZ-MCg

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
10-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Wait till they release Princess of China.

icedKeg
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM

tell um!

SONR801
10-24-2011, 03:22 PM
ugh, the new album is horrific...... I really liked "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" & "X&Y" but viva la vida and this new Mylo Xyloto are just garbage.

They have some good music, if you're not into them then shut up and go to another thread like you would another stage at the festival.

NachoCat
10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
I dont believe that I have ever met a Coldplay fan

TomAz
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
There was one on here.. well on the old board.. that year that Coldplay headlined. He was an odd duck. One thing I remember is that he posted how Chris Martin was gonna kick my ass because I kept telling people how bad Coldplay are. I think he really meant it. Maybe it was Chris Martin himself?

NachoCat
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
If I hear that "Yellow" song at more than 100 decibels, I would most likely become violent.

Timestretch
10-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Definitely a contender for worst video of the year....along with Die Antwoord Umshini Wam....we just need a few more nominees and a poll

TomAz
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
I liked the bit about how Eno refused to work with them again unless Martin stayed away for a while.

amyzzz
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I dont believe that I have ever met a Coldplay fan

I'm a Coldplay fan. X&Y kind of sucked though.

edit: why is this in the lineup forum? sounds more like music forum talk to me.

concertgoer
10-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Another Coldplay fan here

theklein25
10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
most Coldplay music videos suck, but they're probably one of the top 5 current bands out of the UK, experiment on each album so that it's not the same crap, and give a lot back to the community

bluemamba
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Well.... looks like Coldplay is headlining Friday next year.

nathanfairchild
10-24-2011, 05:27 PM
most Coldplay music videos suck, but they're probably one of the top 5 current bands out of the UK, experiment on each album so that it's not the same crap, and give a lot back to the community

top 5 in popularity, right? because there is no way they are in the top 5 when it comes to talent.

concertgoer
10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Well.... looks like Coldplay is headlining Friday next year.

Go on...

TallGuyCM
10-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Wait till they release Princess of China.

Oh man, that song is AWFUL. The worst song they've ever done, by a mile. And apparently they are going to try to really pump it up, with the album coming out today and that single dropping tomorrow.

And OH FUCK YOU COLDPLAY they sampled Sigur Ros on it? Do they have no shame??

"Princess of China" features a sample from "Takk..." written by Jón Ţór Birgisson, Orri Páll Dýrason, Georg Hólm and Kjartan Sveinsson, performed by Sigur Rós.

Bons222000
10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Coldplay is not a top current 5 british band. Probably not even top 10. I could list 5 bands better than them without even trying. And if you are counting DJs I could probably list 20 better acts.

nathanfairchild
10-24-2011, 05:52 PM
i think they've officially released more songs with ohhhhhhhhh ohhhh ohhhh ohhh's in them than songs without.

cutterbutter
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Casual Coldplay (alliteration yeah!) fan here:

I like this one more then Viva La Vida.

It's a shame some of the better stuff from that era got pushed over to the Prospekt's March Ep. A way better album could have been made.

I've never seen them live. Seems like a good time with a good crowd. Coachella would be nice, but I know something else would likely draw me away. If I do both weekends I will check them out for sure.

theklein25
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Coldplay is not a top current 5 british band. Probably not even top 10. I could list 5 bands better than them without even trying. And if you are counting DJs I could probably list 20 better acts.

if u say so.

suprefan
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Their new album is their weakest yet, but I actually really like Paradise.

And the first two Coldplay albums are fantastic. It's really hard for me to hate a songwriter so unashamedly wearing his heart on his sleeve.

:nono

suprefan
10-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Casual Coldplay (alliteration yeah!) fan here:

I like this one more then Viva La Vida.

It's a shame some of the better stuff from that era got pushed over to the Prospekt's March Ep. A way better album could have been made.

I've never seen them live. Seems like a good time with a good crowd. Coachella would be nice, but I know something else would likely draw me away. If I do both weekends I will check them out for sure.

Portishead will be on at the same time, you'll be at coldplay.

sexycoachella
10-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I was a coldplay fan back when their music was good!!! x&y and a rush of blood to the head had some awesome lyrics and nice guitar work, but this last album is really bad...:( ..I had a hard time getting used to their last album but this one really threw me off. I guess coldplay is just experimenting and dont want to sound the same every single album, but as a fan of good music, Im gonna have to go find some other more pure and more real music!

PenisMuncher
10-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Apparently Coldplay is either into fatties or bestiality. Why else would they write a love song about an elephant?

cutterbutter
10-25-2011, 01:58 AM
Portishead will be on at the same time, you'll be at coldplay.

It's okay, we all know you secretly masturbate to Chris Martin's guitar every night

Bumblebee
10-25-2011, 03:42 AM

I'm tempted to agree but wouldn't mind seeing your list. I get stuck after Muse/Kasabian without counting reunion groups or recently broken up groups.

Bumblebee
10-25-2011, 03:44 AM

Some sources say the band themselves did the stuff in the desert. They had a gig in Africa and must have had a day off.

What's funny is they shot another video before the elephant one that got scrapped.

TheBigJT
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
So, judging by the video I'm assuming that the Banana Splits have reformed and may tour Africa?

nathanfairchild
10-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm curious, why exactly is this a new low for Coldplay? They make a retarded video to a boring song. There are plenty of good bands with videos that are dumb as shit. I think the real new low for Coldplay is them trying to sell this piece of shit they call an album.

venturas90sgirl
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Haven't heard the new stuff yet but not looking forward to it now. I haven't really loved any of their albums since A Rush of Blood to the Head (X&Y is hit and miss). They seem to slowly be fading away from that overrated limelight

theklein25
10-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Don't let anyone prevent u from listening to it. It's actually good and great production quality. Actual Coldplay fans love it. Ventura County represent!

venturas90sgirl
10-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Woot! Represent!

M Sparks
10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
http://www.valmg.com/images/valmgpics/BananaSplitsGroup.jpg

Edit- Crap, TheBigJT beat me to it, I didn't see there was a second page.

RedHotSgtPeppers
10-27-2011, 03:06 AM
Here is my thought:
First 2 albums, great. X&Y good (grew up listening to it). Viva la Vida = absolute shite.

I could only make it through 1:30 of "Princess of China" before I stopped because I was literally becoming angry at how fucking awful that song it. This isn't an actual song.
This is what it really is:
http://inlandpolitics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Money-Printing-Press.jpg

bribrii
10-27-2011, 07:56 AM
You wanna know how I know your gay??

You Listen to Coldplay!

TomAz
10-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Coldplay was doomed to failure the moment Christ Martin tumbled out of his mother's gaping english channel right into Exeter.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Doomed to fail as they hob nob around the world making millions of bucks?

This statement is FAIL x 29184

RedHotSgtPeppers
10-27-2011, 08:55 AM
You wanna know how I know your gay??

You Listen to Coldplay!

You know how I know YOU'RE a dumb cunt? Never mind.

Honestly, I haven't liked anything Coldplay has made since 2004. At that point, I was 13, and knew jack shit about music. Since then, I've seen Coldplay evolve into a hits-machine instead of an actual band. Coldplay has jumped the shark for me (again) and I think I've given up on them for good.

I'dDoItAllAgain
10-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Chris Martin must die.
Put a sharp stick in his eye.
This could actually be a nice start for the lyrics of a new Coldplay song.

nathanfairchild
10-27-2011, 10:49 AM
This could actually be a nice start for the lyrics of a new Coldplay song.

but it'd have to be arranged like this:

Chris Martin must die.
Ohhhhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhhhh ohhh ohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh

RedHotSgtPeppers
10-27-2011, 11:07 AM
but it'd have to be arranged like this:

Chris Martin must die.
Ohhhhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhhhh ohhh ohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh

Don't forget guest vocals by Rihanna.
Also, don't forget to throw in a "whoaaa oooohhhhh oh oh" for good measure, just to mix things up. Don't want things to get too predictable.

M Sparks
10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Chris Martin must die. Put a sharp stick in his eye.

"Best Rock Album? Compared to what?"

weeklymix
10-27-2011, 08:02 PM
http://thebadmomsclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bert.jpg

amyzzz
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I bought the new Coldplay album at Starbuck's, tee hee. I listened to it once and it sounds pretty generic, so I'm not terribly happy with it. I'll give it a few listens.

TomAz
10-28-2011, 10:54 AM
"Best Rock Album? Compared to what?"
shall we re-write the whole song Marc?

He's a tortured artist
private school at exeter
Now he whines like a wounded beaver

Poet of despair
Puffed up with hot air
He's serious, pretentious and I just don't care

Chris Martin must die
Don't let him get back together
With Gwynnie, Chris Martin must die

Cut on the TV
And what did I see
This lightweight little creep winnin' a grammy
Huah

Best rock album?
Compared to what?
Bunch of pseudo-serious Kraft angst-a-matic
Satanic plot

Chris Martin must die
Put a sharp stick in his eye, chris martin must die
Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
Oh

I'm only kidding, can't you tell?
I love his sensitve music
Idiot poetry swell

You and your kind
Are killin' rock and roll
It's not because you're OBE
It's cause you ain't got no soul !

Don't be afraid of fun
Loosen up your ponytail
Be wild, young
Free and-a
Get your head
Outta your tail

Chris Martin
Must die
Don't let him get back together
With Gwynnie

Chris Martin
Must die
Put him in the electric chair
Watch him fry, Chris Martin must die

Chris Martin must die
Ah ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya

hendrixfan143
10-28-2011, 11:00 AM
i don't know man....

this was pretty low....

UvB9Pj9Znsw

the worst part about this is that they had to have been joe satriani fans to steal this song.

jokerfit
10-28-2011, 11:27 AM
the worst part about this is that they had to have been joe satriani fans to steal this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRU3qnsPlE

Mr. Fuzz
10-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Well, they did do the whole "ball drop" thing before Arcade Fire.

nathanfairchild
10-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Fix You makes my penis hurt

JebusLives
10-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I saw them do Paradise on Colbert (I think) last week. Wow what a weak, generic song. I honestly used to defend these guys as a guilty pleasure. Yellow was a great fucking song, and Rush of Blood was a pretty solid album. I find Chris' self-deprecating graciousness in concert and interviews to be endearing.

But this song really sucks. Its like they took all the things critics don't like about Coldplay, and then ran with them. This is Nickleback bad. I'm out.

I'dDoItAllAgain
10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
This thread gives me the lulz.

I bought the new Coldplay album at Starbuck's, tee hee.
Aww... :)

amyzzz
10-28-2011, 05:08 PM
I saw them do Paradise on Colbert (I think) last week.
I seem to recall Colbert invoking Radiohead, and Chris said that Coldplay were a lot better-looking than them (which is true), lulz.

sleepybrew
10-28-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm all for Coldplay headlining whatever day. Just have Underworld closing out the Sahara (or Mojave) for at least 2 hours at the same time.

HunterGather
10-29-2011, 05:32 AM
lol i liked the video. You mad (@ thread starter)

I'dDoItAllAgain
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
So I listened to the album now, and I actually think it's pretty decent. Probably better than VLV.

It's just so overproduced.

Bons222000
10-31-2011, 09:16 PM
From a Pitchfork interview:

http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8699-chris-martin/

Martin also spoke about the neverending accusations of Coldplay being a commercial Radiohead ripoff. "The way we differ from Radiohead-- who are unquestionably brilliant-- is that, at the end of the day, I'm still a slave to catchy songs. I love sing-alongs. And within the limits of that, we'll try anything. But we're in the middle because I love 'Last Friday Night' by Katy Perry almost as much as 'Karma Police', and if you want to straddle that line, you have to take the slings and arrows."

So in other words, "We are a Katy Perry version of Radiohead"

To be honest I wouldn't rule out seeing them if they play Coachella, depending of course what's on at the same time. But they can't keep doing things like IHEARTRADIO Festival and saying how much they love Katy Perry and Nickelback (Chris Martin called them "great") if they want us to take them as seriously as I think they want us to.

Miroir Noir
11-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I think what he's asking is to be taken seriously within the context of pop. Which is a pretty honest admission to be making to a taste-making publication (and audience) that probably already views your artistic aims with some level of skepticism.

I'dDoItAllAgain
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
^ I agree.

I respect the fact that he knows his place in the music market, and embraces it.

Stickjohn
11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Haven't you heard? Indie rock is the new adult contemporary. Some bands get there sooner.

Perhaps that dismissive reaction strikes you as snobby or elitist. Then again, perhaps you have precisely the same feelings about, say, Mylo Xyloto, this week’s album release from Coldplay, a band much of the mainstream public has agreed to think of as boring pap; at times it seems like their pivotal role in our culture is to give even the most casual listener one solid chance to be snobby about music. And perhaps you wouldn’t feel particularly elitist about that opinion; only correct.

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/wilco-feist-2011-10/

Miroir Noir
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Interesting article. Hipster Runoff made a similar argument (http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2011/01/overground-indie-fan-consumer-force-driving-indie-album-sales-2-such-great-heights.html) from a different angle last January when the Decemberists went number 1 on Billboard. Artists like Feist, Wilco, the Decemberists, Bon Iver, etc. -- for whatever their respective artistic intentions or merits -- make music that is considered listenable by one of the few "indie" demographics that still regularly treats music as a commodity.

Bons222000
11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I think what he's asking is to be taken seriously within the context of pop. Which is a pretty honest admission to be making to a taste-making publication (and audience) that probably already views your artistic aims with some level of skepticism.

^ I agree.

I respect the fact that he knows his place in the music market, and embraces it.

I don't think admitting you're lame is necessarily redemption for being lame. I understand I hate Coldplay more than I should -- They aren't terrible and they seem to know their place -- but for people like me who were kind of into them in high school to see how generic they've become is disheartening. They literally put Rihanna on their last record. I just don't think making fun of yourself all the way to the bank is something to respect. Otherwise I'd respect the cast of Jersey Shore.

amyzzz
11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Coldplay probably likes Rihanna. I actually like that song.

Vic Viper
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
i think the shot of the teenage girls screaming at 3:53 in the video is pretty much the best possible image to represent coldplay as a band currently.

parachutes was great.
a rush of blood to the head was GREAT.
everything since has been trash.

grannock
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I only like coldplay because gweneth paltro is a sick bassist.

I'dDoItAllAgain
11-04-2011, 11:59 AM
a rush of blood to the head was GREAT.
everything since has been trash.
Is "clocks" really all that different from their newest hits?

concertgoer
11-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Not at all

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
11-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Is "clocks" really all that different from their newest hits?

No, it's not, and that's the whole point. I can pinpoint that song's rather unexplainable mainstream popularity as the moment when this band started to break my heart. It's seems everything since then has been an attempt to re-create that song's sound or level of success. I liked clocks initially, but it is by no means their best song or even the best song on that album. I held on because I loved those first two albums (and earlier eps) so much, but they have never been able to win me back fully. I havent seen them live since 06 and probably wouldn't pay to see them again. I might be tempted to check them out again if they were at Coachlella, but only because their Glasto performance this year reminded me of "the good old days" ever so slightly, but only nostalgically for the old material.

*Viva La Vida was playing on the soft rock radio station I have to listen to m-f at my office as this message was typed* :rolleyes

amyzzz
11-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I listened a few times and for the most part the new album is indeed a big load of shite. I like Major Minus and the Rhianna song, and I think that's about it.

zamuelwashington
11-07-2011, 11:38 PM
you know how i know your gay, cuz you like coldplay.

nathanfairchild
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
you know how i know your gay, cuz you like coldplay.

you know how i know you suck? cuz you actually think that's still funny.

Bob_Loblaw
11-08-2011, 01:00 AM
But this song really sucks. Its like they took all the things critics don't like about Coldplay, and then ran with them. This is Nickleback bad. I'm out.

Now you're just being overdramatic. Coldplay is just one of those bands that made their best music early on. It's really hard to top something like Parachutes, but they did with A Rush of Blood to the Head. Topping that was even harder, but they still attempted it with X & Y.

You can't just bail on them for finding a new sound and sticking with it, and you certainly cannot put them into the same category as Nickelback.

Shame on you...

nathanfairchild
11-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Now you're just being overdramatic. Coldplay is just one of those bands that made their best music early on. It's really hard to top something like Parachutes, but they did with A Rush of Blood to the Head. Topping that was even harder, but they still attempted it with X & Y.

You can't just bail on them for finding a new sound and sticking with it, and you certainly cannot put them into the same category as Nickelback.

Shame on you...

actually you can, and that's what we did. and lets be honest, parachutes and a rush of blood to the head aren't that good. it's good for coldplay, but they are incredibly mediocre albums.

Bob_Loblaw
11-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Incredibly mediocre seems a bit of an exaggeration, but I suppose we're all entitled to our opinions. The new song with Rihanna does upset me though.

joppy-slow
11-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Parachutes and aRoBttH are both fantastic albums.. X&Y had some good songs but this new shite, along with Viva La Loca is pure rubbish.. I tried with Viva and even gave the album multiple listens, but it's a joke of an album, with some of the dumbest lyrics ever written. Did Chris Martin stop doing drugs?

algunz
11-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I watched their second performance from SNL and it was torturous. The song sucks and Chris' dancing is just terrible. :nono

theklein25
11-13-2011, 11:57 PM
i never see a good SNL performance... am i right or am i just being cynical?

cutterbutter
11-13-2011, 11:59 PM

You're right. It's an awful environment to perform in.

I'dDoItAllAgain
11-14-2011, 10:36 AM
and lets be honest, parachutes and a rush of blood to the head aren't that good.
I actually agree.

icedKeg
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
i woke up with the "whoa whoa whoas" from Paradise in my head this morning...

theklein25
11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Fact: Paradise was the first song writen off MX. and set the course for the rest of the album. for many that was a bad thing i guess

nyarlathotoats
11-16-2011, 05:16 PM
It seems that way doesn't it?

Kiarash212
11-21-2011, 08:36 PM
That means you were, at one point, impressed?

I enjoyed them quite a bit in 2005 but they've definitely changed since =\

MissingPerson
11-21-2011, 08:43 PM

You're definitely right, and it's something I find as baffling as it is frustrating.

fatbastard
11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/coldplay-on-the-simpsons.jpg

Marlon Brando
11-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Coldplay's new album kicks ass. Fucking hipsters

nathanfairchild
11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
No, it's fucking terrible.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Call me an asshole but I like the song and the video. Yes, I love cheese.

concertgoer
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
<3 Coldplay

Gribbz
11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm not really a fan, but the hate/groupthink regarding Coldplay is rather ridiculous.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
So i listen to a "best mix of the 90's to now" type radio station at work and they have been playing Paradise pretty incesantly, but this morning they played Trouble, and fuck me if I didn't swoon.

loubque
11-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Don't let anyone prevent u from listening to it. It's actually good and great production quality. Actual Coldplay fans love it. Ventura County represent!

im not a VC boy, just a resident, but dont put VC in the catagory of Coldplay fans... As sad as ventura is, it still knows better.

algunz
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM

Elvis Costello was pretty awesome and Nirvana was good, but that's all I can remember.

bremex
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been a Coldplay fan since 2001. I love all their albums, I think VLV was well produced and well mixed, but it lacked the simplicity yet engraving feeling that the previous albums did. I think Mylo Xyloto is an ok pop album that is obviously over produced. It misses sincerity and that amazing "simple yet breath-taking" Coldplay feeling that the 3 first albums delivered. Since X&Y came out and Chris started collaborating with all these hip hop and pop artists, the U2 comparisons, the Paltrow marriage; I knew CP would decline musically (for the fans that have been following since the beginning).

I adore them, I love/hate their sucess (Arcade Fire fans can understand me a bit) but!....

Even with all this negativity that surrounds Coldplay and it keeps spreading around all the music snobs, you cannot deny that Coldplay are an amazing live act that put their heart outs and turn the most pretentious song into a chanting, uplifting anthem.

James Dean Bradfield from the Manic Street Preachers, told Q Magazine something that every TRUE Coldplay fan truly (secretely) agrees with. My stomach hurts because of the ending love I feel towards CP but I agree 100%with him:

James Dean Bradfield is perplexed by Brian Eno's modern output.

"Anything [he] has to say or do these days I absolutely fucking detest with every atom of my being. He has not idea what makes ordinary people tick," he declares. "He's nearly destroyed Coldplay because he's trying to make them sound like Enya. He's the Nick Clegg of the music world. He's a bad motivational speaker. He's an empty vessel who spouts bullshit and means nothing."

Coldplay til I die!!!

I'm one of those that are still waiting for this band to release an album that goes back to their roots, I wonder if I'll be waiting forever........................................... ....................

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm not really a fan, but the hate/groupthink regarding Coldplay is rather ridiculous.

Uh huh.

HunterGather
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
So you guys don't like "FIX YOU" from X&Y?

Beautiful song. I don't really like the lyrics, but i mean the melody and music makes me feel all warm n stuff.

Musically, it sounds like a more upbeat version of Radioheads ALL I NEED (that big build up at the end with cymbal crashes n what not).

/cool story bro

Gribbz
11-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I love Fix You. Probably the only Coldplay song I actually like. "Fix You" was played at my buddy's funeral (he overdosed), so needless to say it means something to me.

kuuguy
11-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Fix You is an incredible song and I saw it performed live recently at a private function of about 1000 ppl, pretty powerful song and moment!

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
11-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Coldplay til I die!!!

Old Coldplay boardies unite! Nice post Brenda. :)

bremex
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Old Coldplay boardies unite! Nice post Brenda. :)

Well hi there, Riverside lady ;)

I haven't posted in a while here, but I saw the CP hate and I couldn't hold myself back.

Mr.Trent
11-26-2011, 06:19 AM
I sure miss the old CP board, where everyone raved about any other band except for coldplay

bremex
11-26-2011, 10:04 PM
What was your username on there, Mr. Tent?

Starraven
11-27-2011, 12:49 AM
So you guys don't like "FIX YOU" from X&Y?

Beautiful song. I don't really like the lyrics, but i mean the melody and music makes me feel all warm n stuff.

Musically, it sounds like a more upbeat version of Radioheads ALL I NEED (that big build up at the end with cymbal crashes n what not).

/cool story bro:pulse
fI179GqNTWg

Mr.Trent
11-27-2011, 03:18 AM
What was your username on there, Mr. Tent?

oh I seriously can't remember.. wasn't that much of a regular boardie but it was a great place to discover new music

and btw, Fix You is such a rethread of The Scientist, just in the same way that Speed of Sound is a remake of Clocks, I loathe those two songs from X&Y

HunterGather
11-27-2011, 12:29 PM
:pulse
fI179GqNTWg

That was pretty sweet :D

HunterGather
11-27-2011, 12:31 PM
and btw, Fix You is such a rethread of The Scientist, just in the same way that Speed of Sound is a remake of Clocks, I loathe those two songs from X&Y

Speed of Sound is definitely like Clocks, but Fix You doesn't sound anything at all like The Scientist.

concertgoer
11-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Agreed

bremex
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Speed of Sound is definitely like Clocks, but Fix You doesn't sound anything at all like The Scientist.

I think other from the organ, Fix You was like an attempt to be a tune emotionally and melodically related to Scientist. Speed Of Sound is one of CP's weakest songs, even the track X&Y was better, and indeed, it was another track trying to impact like Clocks.

The CPMB was a great source for new music. The age diversity and mix of international people is what made the board so awesome.